Fallout 4 Go Prone Modl

1 view

Dolores Xiang

Dec 3, 2023, 1:16:56 AM12/3/23
Abstract:Road traffic injuries are a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide and currently rank ninth globally among the leading causes of disease burden regarding disability-adjusted life years lost. Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani are parts of the greater Bangkok metropolitan area, and the road traffic injury rate is very high in these areas. This study aimed to identify the environmental factors affecting road traffic injury risk prone areas and classify road traffic injuries from an environmental factor dataset using machine learning algorithms. Road traffic injury risk prone areas were set as the dependent variables for the analysis, with other factors that influence road traffic injury risk prone areas being set as independent variables. A total of 20 environmental factors were selected from the spatial datasets. Then, machine learning algorithms were applied using a grid search. The first experiment from 2017 in Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani was used for training the model, and then, 2018 data from Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani were used for validation. The second experiment used 2018 Nonthaburi data for the training, and 2018 Pathum Thani data were used for the validation. The important factors were grocery stores, convenience stores, electronics stores, drugstores, schools, gas stations, restaurants, supermarkets, and road geometrics, with length being the most critical factor that influenced the road traffic injury risk prone model. The first and second experiments in a random forest model provided the best model environmental factors affecting road traffic injury risk prone areas, and machine learning can classify such road traffic injuries.Keywords: road traffic injury; environmental factors; machine learning

I was wondering if and how Arma3 will tackle the problem of grass blocking the player's vision. I mean specifically in the case of where the player is prone in a field of grass. When not sighted in, the slight transparency of the grass allows the player to see some motion and detail of other units (very little but some), but as soon as the player sights in, the grass detail immediately makes it impossible to see anything. This is particularly annoying in engagements where the enemy is clearly in front of the player but because of the weird positioning of the player's head, going prone effectively blinds the player and puts him at a disadvantage instead of achieving the desired effect of giving the player a better firing position.

Fallout 4 Go Prone Modl
Download Zip https://tradlenjutod.blogspot.com/?vf=2wHIL3

Perhaps a partial solution would be to "lower" the height of the grass or raise the player's viewpoint so that grass doesn't completely block the player's vision when prone. This could also be changed in a way such that players can be made more aware of whether they are "hidden" (sinking into the ground from far viewing distances) or if they are completely exposed by having "tall" grass that is similar to the way grass functions now in that it is high enough to block the player's vision but that is because the player is partially concealed. "Low" grass would behave as previously mentioned allowing the player to clearly see and engage targets in front of them.

Yes my primary concern is being prone and having grass totally concealing your vision while you are completely exposed. I'm not so much bothered by the fact that you can't see and can be seen as that is a perfectly realistic scenario. My main concern is that with the grass height in its current state, you SHOULD be able to see rather than not.

I've uploaded some screen shots to help clarify the issue I am talking about. The scenario presented includes two soldiers facing each other at about 50m distance apart. One soldier is prone and the other is standing. I created this scenario at the following location if anyone wants to check for themselves or with different graphical settings: 036-103

From the prone position, you can clearly see there is some sort of opacity/transparency effect on the grass. This is most noticeable from the unzoomed to the zoomed view where the detail on the target and background objects are blocked by the grass where they were previously more visible. In the sighted in view, everything which was visible is now obscured by grass. Hence what I mean by needing to raise the POV (head position) of the player so that they don't seem to sink into the grass.

From the standing position, you will notice that zooming in increases the opacity/transparency of the grass so that details of target and objects in the background become more clear. I think this is acceptable since increasing magnification will generally make details more visible and the current implementation seems to simulate this well enough. However, the issue still stands that the prone observer should be able to see the standing target and not have details obscured as they zoom in or sight in.

You could argue that yes the prone player's weapon is underneath the grass line thus its realistic that the player can't see anything when sighted in, but in a real life situation you could elevate the rifle and body slightly so that you can see. Granted when implementing this elevation feature, some care will have to be taken so that the player isn't elevating unrealistically high from the prone position.

Why on earth would BI implement an artificial solution to allow people to magically see through solid objects? The AI are blinded when going prone in grass since 1.6 or so, so it's no longer that unfair.

We could use a way to peak above a grass layer without going into kneel, but if the grass is to high too shoot while prone, that's just too bad. Vegetation is a factor that any half-decent player or soldier will take into account. You can't fight from prone in a thicket in real life either. Luckily, Limnos doesn't seem to have the consistently towering grass of Chernarus.

I never go prone in grass, ever, it's much wiser to get into firing positions behind walls, trees, rocks, bushes and elevations in the terrain. I see soooooo many arma players in Youtube videos making idiotic decisions when moving through hostile territory, there are so many noobs here that I'm going to dominate in MP...

Some sort of solution is needed, because, if you wish to reference "RL", you can move your head about by inches either way to get peeks through the grass, which you cannot do in ArmA, except maybe by swiveling your entire body to make your viewpoint move I suppose, but that would only be left-right. Personally I would like a "peep up" move where my avatar can raise ow lower his view by a small amount. This would be good in all poses, not just prone, but obviously prone specifically is the topic here. There is an unused TrackIR axis all ready for the job :)

Well this is pretty much exactly what I have been saying? I'm not sure why you are so confused especially since I added "POV (head position)" so that you wouldn't be. I have never endorsed separating the player's POV from the head/eyes so not sure why you would make these kinds of assumptions for a milsim. The reasons I say "seem to sink into the grass" is because 1) when changing the level of zoom (position of the head/POV NOT moving), the details visible to the player change making it appear as if the grass is now higher or the player "has sunk into the grass" and 2) The scenario was setup so that the differences were visible from the prone and standing position; if I had stepped back a few more meters it would appear to the prone player that he "has sunk into the grass" and is concealed (default unzoomed POV will show only grass, no standing player) while he is still visible to the standing player. Thus it often "seems" as if the player has sunk into the grass while he in fact has not. Not sure how I can make this any more clear to you if you still do not understand.
eebf2c3492