Stooges family members

Rick Adkins

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
I'm sure this has been asked before, but can anyone advise how many of the
Stooges' family are still around? Who are they (sisters, brothers, children,
etc.)? And, what connections, if any, do they have with the Stooges' legacy?
Just curious.....

Gail

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
I can tell you what little I do know: Moe's son, Paul is still around and
supposedly still working on the east coast as a graphic designer. Moe's
daughter, Joan (the eldest of his children) is still alive and well. She
attended CIII's convention last year and announced that she is in the process
of writing a new stooge book. This one is tentatively called: "Stooge Kids".
Curly's youngest daughter, Janie also attended that convention. Curly's eldest
daughter, Marilyn I think, is still around, but she does not really acknowledge
Curly as her father. She was raised and adopted by her step-father Moe Diamond,
when her mother remarried.
Larry had two children: Phyllis and Johnnie but Johnnie passed a long time ago,
before his father did. I don't know about Phyllis...
Shemp's only child, Mort, I believe, died after Shemp passed away. Or maybe
before Shemp died, anyway, I do know that he died rather young like Larry's son
Johnnie. Joe Besser as well as Curly-Joe DeRita, had no children. Does this
help? If anyone in this NG group could help me fill some of the gaps, I'd
appreciate it!
Gail

"For Duty and Humanity!"

Gail

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
Oh, and before I forget, Moe, Shemp and Curly Howard had two other brothers who
were not in show business and they are dead. Larry does have a younger sister:
Lyla Lomond, who is still alive, all of his other siblings, are gone. I don't
know about the other 2 stooges families or any other relatives the boys have.
This would take some research...
Gail

sgz

Jan 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/5/00
What about Stooge grandchildren?

Gail

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
While I don't keep up with the stooges grandchildren, there is some good
information on them in Joan Howard Maurer's book: "Curly: An Illustrated
Biography of The Super Stooge" (Moe's daughter). Moe's son, Paul, does all the
pen and ink drawings in there of Curly, etc., and they're really good! To
answer your question: in the front of the book is a cute drawing of Curly's
family tree which includes stooge grandchildren. In the back of the book Joan
interviews stooge family members, including some grand kids. Please keep in
mind the book was published in 1985 and the info on family members will only be
current up until then. Plus, Joan is in the process of writing a new stooge
book tentatively called "Stooge Kids". But do get Curly's bio if you can it's
wonderful information and you'll like the personal family photos of the Howard
and the Fine clan. 'Hope this helps! Good luck!
Gail

"For Duty and Humanity!"

Garystooge

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00

>What about Stooge grandchildren?

The Stooges' grandchildren are as follows:
Moe: Michael Maurer(son of Joan Howard)
Jeffrey Scott(son of Joan Howard)
Jennifer Howard(daughter of Paul
Howard)

Larry: Eric Lamond(son of Phyllis Fine)
Kris Cutler(daughter of Phyllis Fine)
Phyllis Miller(daughter of John Fine)
John Fine Jr(son of John Fine)
Christy Lynn Clark(daughter of John
Fine)

Curly:Darren Server(son of Marilyn Howard)
Bradley Server(son of Marilyn Howard)
Andrea Server(daughter of Marilyn
Howard)
Kelly Hanky(daughter of Jane Howard)

Shemp:Jill Howard(daughter of Mort
Howard)
Sandie Howard(daughter of Mort
Howard)

There are also many great-grandchildren of
the Stooges too. Also note that Andrea Server may now be married and I am not
sure of what last name she now goes under.Jill Howard was known as Jill
Howard-Ullo after she married, but she is now divorced and has returned to
using Jill Howard.Jeffrey Scott was born Jeffrey Maurer but has gone under the
name Jeffrey Scott fof many years.

sgz

Jan 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/6/00
Thanks Gail and Garystooge. I'm looking forward to that book. It's also
nice to know the line continues.

Gail

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00
I did want to update and correct an error I made. Larry's sister's name is Lyla Fine Budnick, not Lamond as I had posted previously. Larry's daughter I found, is no longer living. Phyliss died in 1989 of a cerebral hemorrhage, very similar to her father who died of cerebral thrombosis.
Gail

James L. Neibaur

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
Gail stated:

Phyliss died in 1989 of a cerebral hemorrhage, very similar to her father who
died of cerebral thrombosis.

-----

But Phyllis likely didn't die under the same circumstances as ladies man
Larry....

JN

visit my Favorite Movies web page:
http://hometown.aol.com/jimneibr/myhomepage/movies.html

and my Favorite Performers web page:
http://hometown.aol.com/jimneibr/myhomepage/rant.html

ChristyKra

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
I very seldom respond to the newsgroup. I find the fans are so much more aware
of the shorts than I am. I don't know where the idea started that Larry was a
womaniser. I never heard anything of the sort while I was married to Johnnie.
Larry's Grandchildren and I were never consulted on the new book and feel it is
full of lies and misconceptions. Christy
Fine Kraus Larry's Daughter-In-Law

Marco Antonio Spalzo

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
Christy,

Thank you very much for your post. Some of the regulars here
may know all kinds of details about the Three Stooges' films,
but the personal information from a family member is invaluable
to us. Larry Fine and his partners were extremely talented
performers, and setting the record straight in a historical
context is very important. Many of us have been skeptical
of the truthfulness of the new book (I got it for Christmas,
but haven't read it yet) because of its imprimatur from
Comedy 3 (an organization that seems interested more in
money and control than the love of the Stooges' work).

It's good to get a personalized point of view from a family
member (Saxon Sitka has also been very helpful to the newsgroup).
It's unfortunate that a book full of lies and misconceptions
would be used for a biopic about the masters of comedy.
I hope that we (we from the newsgroup, family members, and
all Three Stooges fans) will be sure to set the record straight
at every possible opportunity. If you would care to cite
specific lies and misconceptions, we might better be able
to counter them with the truth. Howard, Fine, Howard, and
Howard are gone, but their genius lives on. I hope that
the truth about the real people behind the Stooge characters
will also live on.

Regardless of your level of knowledge of detailed Stooge trivia,
your posts, and the posts of anyone who loves the Stooges or
the actors behind the knuckleheads, are most welcome here
any time.

Thanks, and a pie in my face,
-- Marco

qua...@bellsouth.net

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
Christy:
What that Knucklehead Marco said goes for me too. Once
that damn film gets made it will be too late because
people, being the sheep that they are will believe
what they see on the screen.
Might I suggest a public statement on behalf of the
Fine family regarding the inaccuracies and reiterating
that you were not even contacted?
None of us live perfeect lives, but I do not want the
Howard, Fine, Howard and Howard legacy besmirched, and I
am sure the rest of the Knuckleheads share my view.
Films have been stopped and shelved before. It can happen
with this one as well.
Thanks
Bill

--
"Tragedy is when you cut your finger. Comedy is
when you fall down an open sewer and die."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ASOMEIII

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
OK, Jim, I'll bite!

That's the second time you've alluded to certain "circumstances" regarding
Larry's death.

What is it and where do you get your info?

Message has been deleted

reho...@eng.ucsd.edu

Jan 17, 2017, 1:46:13 PM1/17/17
On Tuesday, January 4, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Rick Adkins wrote:
> I'm sure this has been asked before, but can anyone advise how many of the
> Stooges' family are still around? Who are they (sisters, brothers, children,
> etc.)? And, what connections, if any, do they have with the Stooges' legacy?
> Just curious.....

The Stooges had a brother who did not enter the entertainment business. His name was Jack and he was my husband's grandfather. His son, Norman and daughter Dolly are both still alive. My husband and his sister Judy are as well. Moe, Shemp and Curly were their great uncles.

michael....@nyfa.edu

Feb 3, 2017, 7:35:57 PM2/3/17
Is this thread still read anymore? I stumbled upon it accidentally, what a lively discussion!

beego...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 3:08:56 PM2/12/17
Hi, I just found this page! Very interesting info. Hope it continues as I've loved those knuckleheads all my life! ( quite a while 😆)

beego...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 3:09:58 PM2/12/17

beego...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 3:10:03 PM2/12/17

beego...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 3:10:07 PM2/12/17

beego...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 3:10:09 PM2/12/17

beego...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 3:10:10 PM2/12/17

lady_tr...@yahoo.com

Sep 17, 2017, 2:00:18 AM9/17/17
May I have a update with the familytree of The Three Stooges, please?

orang...@att.net

May 30, 2018, 10:27:36 AM5/30/18
On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 1:00:18 AM UTC-5, lady_tr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> May I have a update with the familytree of The Three Stooges, please?

no

boogie...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2018, 8:13:08 AM7/4/18
I've been a 3 Stooges lover as long as i can remember. As a matter of fact, ive been watching the infomercial about the3 Stooges for the last 15 minutes and I can't wait to watch the 2 DVD's with the 45 hours of home videos of the Howard Family,(And hopefully the Fine family). I always wished I would have been able to meet them in person, but since I wasn't born until 1975, i never had a chance. Anyways, I was reading where someone was saying that Larry was a womanizer. I find that very distasteful and disrespectful to talk about something like that, when the person being talked about isn't able to defend themself. And I'm pretty positive you didn't know Larry in person. I'm not going to say it doesn't matter if he was or wasn't, but the man has paid the ultimate debt. (R.I.P Larry). And when the day comes when I have to pay that same debt, I'm not going to be worrying if he was or wasn't. I'll only be thinking about all the laughter and joy that the 3 Stooges brought to me and my family,(NOT IF ANY OF THEM DID THIS OR THAT OR WAS THIS OR THAT)...That's the problem with people now a days, they want to bring up something negative about something or someone. Same thing with the news, always 1 bad thing after another. I know bad things happen, but good things happen as well and you hardly here someone or the news talking about that. I don't get it. I love to laugh and enjoy making others laugh. I think if more people,@ news, were to talk about more good things than bad, maybe less bad stuff will happen. There is always going to be evil people in this world, and i think they enjoy hearing about the evil thing or things they did from the news,people, internet ect...Instead of talking about it over and over, we should let people know what they and then negate that with someone doing something good. I have quit watching the news because you hardly ever hear them talking about something positive or funny. It's always 1 bad thing after another. Sry, kinda started to ramble there..lol... Back to what I wanted to say. I may not have to gotten to meet the 3 Stooges, but it would be a great honor to get to meet their families. Maybe 1 of these days I will be fortunate enough for that to happen. (A man can dream lol). Until then, I'll kick back and continue to watch the men that invented slapstick comedy. WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO NUCK NUCK NUCK.. lol..May the Stooges continue to bring laughter and joy to people around the world til the end of time. SOINTLY Yours, Phil Collins the 3rd.. No relation to singer. You KNUCKLEHEADS.LOL.(StoogeHead4Life)...

boogie...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2018, 8:57:05 AM7/4/18
I just wanted to correct a major spelling error I made in my earlier post. I meant to say, NYUK,NYUK,NYUK..LOL.. I feel like sucha Numbskull now..lol... Always remember Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, Joe, and Curly Joe...May you guys continue to bring millions of smiles and laughs, to people around the world, each and every day. I can't thank you guys enough for all the laughter and joy you all have brought me for my 40plus yrs. I've been alive. And if im lucky enough to have another 40plus yrs more, I know I'll still be laughing at u guys. Thanks again (StoogeHead4Life)...

genewil...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2020, 8:50:52 AM1/3/20
On Tuesday, January 4, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Rick Adkins wrote:
> I'm sure this has been asked before, but can anyone advise how many of the
> Stooges' family are still around? Who are they (sisters, brothers, children,
> etc.)? And, what connections, if any, do they have with the Stooges' legacy?
> Just curious.....

where is moe kids live today

Keith F. Lynch

Jan 5, 2020, 11:58:18 PM1/5/20
I'm sure your informative answer to Gene Williams was well worth his
20-year wait for it.
--
Keith F. Lynch - http://keithlynch.net/