Two months late, but better that than never, right?

Dana Schwartz

Oct 18, 2017, 7:48:25 PM10/18/17
I just realized that none of us posted anything on 19 August
mentioning the 40th anniversary of Groucho's final exit from this
earthly stage. While I'm sure you all remembered it, I actually had a
legitimate excuse to have missed the milestone and posting it to the
newsgroup.

I was on a two week trip to Alaska and had sporadic access to the
internet most of the time up there. That particular day we were
literally miles from nowhere - lucky to find a port-a-potty much less
a cell tower or wifi signal.

It was also the 10th anniversary of my first post to this group after
lurking for the first decade or so after it was created. I broke my
silence on the 30th anniversary of his death, and here we are ten
years on.

So... There you have it. TWO posts in one month. I think I'll break
out Horsefeathers and celebrate! :-)

Later boys,
Dana

Pete The Upstart

Oct 19, 2017, 1:24:26 AM10/19/17

RIP Groucho.
Thanks for the post, Dana.
I'll have some duck soup. Cheers.

Pete

Dana Schwartz

Oct 20, 2017, 9:31:44 AM10/20/17
As you slurp, may I add that while up in the north country I learned
first hand the answer to the question, "Does a bear shit in the
woods?".

The answer is, emphatically - yes. At least the grizzlies in Denali
National Park do. Only humans allowed in the port-a-potties.

None of this explains how an elephant got into Captain Spalding's
pajamas. And even though it's not acceptable to shoot elephants or to
remove their tusks these days, no matter what their attire may be, the
jokes are still funny in 2017.

I'll tip my hat when passing through Tuscaloosa on the way to NOLA in
December. Hooray, hooray, hooRAY!

Dana (who thinks she may have seen some elephants in pajamas after an
absinthe or two in NOLA, come to think of it; or maybe that was in the
Weaverville Walmart! :-P)

cruciverbalist

Oct 21, 2017, 1:36:20 PM10/21/17
On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 22:24:25 -0700 (PDT), Pete The Upstart
<peter...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Make it Animal Crackers for me! :-)

Jack