New Years Eve With The Marx Brothers On TCM!

Spike361

Dec 27, 2014, 1:40:44 PM12/27/14
Starts at 8:00 PM with "Horsefeathers". Then in chronological order they run "A
Night At The Opera" through "Go West" ending at 5:30 AM New Years Day.

Pete The Upstart

Dec 30, 2014, 11:12:11 PM12/30/14
It's going to be a late night! :-)

Dana Schwartz

Jan 1, 2015, 9:39:21 PM1/1/15
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:12:11 -0800 (PST), Pete The Upstart
<peter...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It's going to be a late night! :-)

Here comes the Sanity Clause! :-) 9:38 PM EST...

Dana Schwartz

Dana Schwartz

Jan 2, 2015, 12:39:50 PM1/2/15
On 27 Dec 2014 10:40:39 -0800, Spike361 <Spike36...@newsguy.com>
wrote:

>Starts at 8:00 PM with "Horsefeathers". Then in chronological order they run "A
>Night At The Opera" through "Go West" ending at 5:30 AM New Years Day.

Thanks for the head's up, Spike. Sleepy today, but it's always worth
it for a MB marathon.

I'm going to lose my news server (Cablevision/Optimum) when I finally
permanently move to NC at the end of this month (retired in September
- yay me!). Charter Spectrum, the cable TV/internet/phone provider I
have in Asheville, stopped carrying newsgroups a couple of years ago.
I don't like Google News much.

I noticed you use newsguy.com. Do you like it? Checked out what they
offer and it seems there are a variety of service levels. I only read
(using Agent as the newsreader) and occasionally post to a couple of
newsgroups, and it's all binary/text. I have no need for anything
that handles large files like photos/graphics.

Any advice you (or others) have concerning news servers is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Dana Schwartz

Dana Schwartz

Jan 2, 2015, 2:52:29 PM1/2/15
On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 12:39:00 -0500, Dana Schwartz
<danasc...@optonline.net> (that's me!) wrote, in part re looking
for a new way to access Usenet groups :

>I don't like Google News much.

Oops. Meant to say Google Groups, not News. Although I have a
different hate on for Google News ever since they stopped supporting
the existing Archived News (old stuff). I loved mining the archived
newspapers and they've made it nearly impossible to easily search what
they *had* assembled once they quit actively maintaining the archives.
Such a shame to abandon a wonderful resource for people who love to
learn something OLD every day. :-(

Dana Schwartz (don't mind me... I'll just keep on nattering away,
totally off-topic, since it's not too busy 'round these parts...)

Pete The Upstart

Jan 3, 2015, 10:01:19 AM1/3/15
Hi Dana. Happy New Year!

I had a good year but that wasn't it! (Paraphrasing Groucho)

Pete