Are there any L&H supporting actors/ess still alive.

Ivor Loader

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Just wondering if there are still any laurel and hardy supporting
actors/actresses still alive. I was reading Glen Mitchells Laurel and Hardy
Encylopedia and noticed that it give a date of birth but not death for
Jaquline Wells (Bohemian Girl) and wondered if she is passed away or still
with us. I am wondering if there are any more that are still alive. I was
sad to her that Della Lind passed away a short while ago.

many thanks

Ivorl

Juan Pujols

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
In article <7g5bru$8ss$1...@news4.svr.pol.co.uk>,

Jaqueline Wells is still alive! So is:

Jackie Lyn (Pack Up Your Troubles), Trudy Marshall (Dancing Masters), Jerry
Tucker (Babes in Toyalnd), Butch Bond (Blockheads), and many, many many
others!

Elizabeth

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

Sunshine wrote in message <37264e44...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>...
>The Bohemian girl's real name was Jacqueline Brown and she was born in
>Denver, Colorado on August 30, 1914. I can't find a record of her
>death. She is credited as a named player in 77 films. Several of them
>very well known I.E. "Sands of Iwo Jima", "Westward the Women". She
>used several stage names and are as follows:
>
>Julie Bishop (Bohemian Girl)
>Diane Duval
>Jacqueline Wells
>Jaqueline Wells

Sunshine, are you sure your name isn't Sherlock?

Elizabeth /*\

Sunshine

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
The Bohemian girl's real name was Jacqueline Brown and she was born in
Denver, Colorado on August 30, 1914. I can't find a record of her
death. She is credited as a named player in 77 films. Several of them
very well known I.E. "Sands of Iwo Jima", "Westward the Women". She
used several stage names and are as follows:

Julie Bishop (Bohemian Girl)
Diane Duval
Jacqueline Wells
Jaqueline Wells

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 22:54:23 +0100, "Ivor Loader"

Ivor Loader

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
What about Darla Hood, any news about her.

Many Thanks

Ivorl

BoggsArt

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Darla's been gone for several years, I'm afraid
"Excuse me, please - my ear is full of milk"
-Oliver Hardy

itj

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

Ivor Loader wrote in message <7g5bru$8ss$1...@news4.svr.pol.co.uk>...
[snip]

>I was sad to her that Della Lind passed away a short while ago.

Not true. Please get your facts straight and don't go killing off our
Laurel and Hardy co-stars. We have precious few left as it is.

ALISON
ITJ Co-Editor

Jay Anthony

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Robert Blake in "The Big Noise"

Jay Anthony

Ivor Loader

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
That's another fine mess I have gotten myself into.

I was thinking of Rosia Lawrence and for some silly reason I said Della
Lind.

Many Thanks

Sunshine

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
No Elizabeth, I just like to watch old movies and like to do research
on the people that have brought me so much enjoyment over the years.

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:42:24 -0400, "Elizabeth" <ehof...@sover.net>
wrote:

>Sunshine wrote in message <37264e44...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>...

>>The Bohemian girl's real name was Jacqueline Brown and she was born in
>>Denver, Colorado on August 30, 1914. I can't find a record of her
>>death. She is credited as a named player in 77 films. Several of them
>>very well known I.E. "Sands of Iwo Jima", "Westward the Women". She
>>used several stage names and are as follows:
>>
>>Julie Bishop (Bohemian Girl)
>>Diane Duval
>>Jacqueline Wells
>>Jaqueline Wells

Sunshine

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Darla Jean Hood was born on 8 November,1931, in Leedey, Oklahoma and
died on 13 June, 1979. She is credited with 33 movies and 3 TV
programs, most notable as a regular on the "Ken Murray Show" from 1950
til 1951. As a note: Darla was Arline as a child in "bohemian Girl"

Elizabeth

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
-------------------------------------

Sunshine wrote:
>No Elizabeth, I just like to watch old movies and like to do research
>on the people that have brought me so much enjoyment over the years.
-------------------------------------
Well, I suspected as much. But I applaud your sleuthing skills!

Elizabeth /*\

Elizabeth

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
tomc...@mediaone.net :

>Lois Laurel is seeking information of the whereabouts of Jackie Lyn in
>the introduction of PUYT in one of the recent L&H video releases...

Weren't they reunited shortly after that video came out? And hadn't they
been living something like twelve miles apart?

Elizabeth /*\

tomc...@mediaone.net

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99

>Jackie Lyn (Pack Up Your Troubles), Trudy Marshall (Dancing Masters), Jerry
>Tucker (Babes in Toyalnd), Butch Bond (Blockheads), and many, many many
>others!

itj

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
Elizabeth wrote in message
<9jQV2.3654$3F1.1...@news13.ispnews.com>...
>tomc...@mediaone.net :

>>Lois Laurel is seeking information of the whereabouts of Jackie Lyn
in
>>the introduction of PUYT in one of the recent L&H video releases...
>
>Weren't they reunited shortly after that video came out? And hadn't
they
>been living something like twelve miles apart?
>
>Elizabeth /*\

Elizabeth's right. Jacqui responded to Lois's plea on the Pack Up
Your Troubles tape and contacted the Sons of the Desert. We were
thrilled to meet Jacqui at the 1992 Convention in Las Vegas and again
at the New York Convention in 1994, where she re-enacted the
story-telling sequence with a couple of look-alikes and was brilliant!
She's a super lady and was genuinely surprised that we were so
interested in her.

ALISON
ITJ Co-Editor
www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Cinema/6141

JimNeibr

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
When looking for L&H supporting players still living, it is best to center upon
those who were children or at least quite young when they did the films.

Della Lind (Swiss Miss) is still living.

So are:

Jacqui Lyn, Tommy Bond, Jean Parker, Dick Nelson, Trudy Marshall, Bobby Blake

I am sure there are more.

Many lived a long time and died only in recent years (Rosina Lawrence, Anita
Garvin, Felix Knight, etc)

Of course the real greats (Finlayson, Long, Sanford, Busch, et al) have all
gone.

Jim

Hal Erickson

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
As of this morning, we must sadly add to the list of the Dearly
Departed:
Mr. Rory Calhoun, who, billed as "Frank McCown", appeared briefly in
THE BULLFIGHTERS as rival matador Brilliante ("Bah! If he is
bullfighter, I am Mickey Mouse!")
Does anyone know if Rory's part in the film was supposed to be larger,
but was pared down in the final editing? (It sure seems that way...)

--Hal E

Joe Libby

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Rory Calhoun's role in The Bullfighters
was a victim of the editing room. This might also explain the brevity
of Margo Woode's role. Of course, there are stills of Carol Andrews
with L&H at the bullring, but she's nowhere to be seen in the bullfight
sequence. And the infamous bit of Muldoon pointing out Stan and
exclaiming "That's Hardy,the flatfoot from Peoria," was no doubt the end
result of some cut out L&H shots...at least I sincerely hope it was!

Best,
Joe Libby
Sagebrush Productions Web Page:www.inergy.com/jlibby/welcome.html

Michael Cloud

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
ÿþ< ! D O C T Y P E H T M L P U B L I C " - / / W 3 C / / D T D H T M L 4 . 0 T r a n s i t i o n a l / / E N " > < H T M L > < H E A D > < M E T A c o n t e n t = " t e x t / h t m l ; c h a r s e t = u n i c o d e " h t t p - e q u i v = C o n t e n t - T y p e > < M E T A c o n t e n t = " M S H T M L 5 . 0 0 . 2 0 1 4 . 2 1 0 " n a m e = G E N E R A T O R > < S T Y L E > < / S T Y L E > < / H E A D > < B O D Y b g C o l o r = # f f f f f f > < D I V > < F O N T s i z e = 2 > O n a s i m i l a r s u b j e c t , i s J o e C o b b s t i l l a l i v e ? & n b s p ; H e w a s o n e o f t h e o r i g i n a l O u r G a n g m e m b e r s . < / F O N T > < / D I V > < / B O D Y > < / H T M L >

itj

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Michael Cloud wrote in message
<7gm1m9$88u$1...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...
On a similar subject, is Joe Cobb still alive? He was one of the
original Our Gang members.

Yes!

Michael Cloud

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
ÿþ< ! D O C T Y P E H T M L P U B L I C " - / / W 3 C / / D T D H T M L 4 . 0 T r a n s i t i o n a l / / E N " > < H T M L > < H E A D > < M E T A c o n t e n t = " t e x t / h t m l ; c h a r s e t = u n i c o d e " h t t p - e q u i v = C o n t e n t - T y p e > < M E T A c o n t e n t = " M S H T M L 5 . 0 0 . 2 0 1 4 . 2 1 0 " n a m e = G E N E R A T O R > < S T Y L E > < / S T Y L E > < / H E A D > < B O D Y b g C o l o r = # f f f f f f > < D I V > < F O N T s i z e = 2 > C o u l d y o u e l a b o r a t e ? & n b s p ; W h e r e i s h e ? & n b s p ; H e m u s t & n b s p ; h a v e r e t i r e d l o n g a g o . & n b s p ; D o e s h e h a v e a n e - m a i l a d d r e s s ? < / F O N T > < / D I V > < / B O D Y > < / H T M L >

itj

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Michael Cloud wrote in message
<7gq7un$13b$1...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>...
Could you elaborate? Where is he? He must have retired long ago.
Does he have an e-mail address?

All I know is he's in LA somewhere and isn't in the best of health.
Maybe the Way Out West tent could tell you a bit more.

ALISON

Elizabeth

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99

BModero wrote:
>At the end of Randy Skretvedt's book
>"Laurel & Hardy, the Magic Behind the Movies", is a listing of all Stan and
>Babe's supporting players and technical crew - with the years they were
born
>and died. Although I could not find Jacqueline Wells/Brown listed, I found
>Anita Garvin's name - with no date listed for
>her death (just says she was born in 1907 and retired in 1943)! Does
anyone
>know for sure if Ms. Garvin is still with us?
According to the Laurel & Hardy Encyclopedia, Anita Garvin was born in 1906
and died in 1994.

Elizabeth /*\

BModero

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
<< Subject: Re: Are there any L&H supporting actors/ess still alive.
From: "Elizabeth" <ehof...@sover.net>
Date: Tue, Apr 27, 1999 8:42 PM

Sunshine wrote in message <37264e44...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>...
>The Bohemian girl's real name was Jacqueline Brown and she was born in
>Denver, Colorado on August 30, 1914. I can't find a record of her
>death. She is credited as a named player in 77 films. Several of them
>very well known I.E. "Sands of Iwo Jima", "Westward the Women". She
>used several stage names and are as follows:
>
>Julie Bishop (Bohemian Girl)
>Diane Duval
>Jacqueline Wells
>Jaqueline Wells

At the end of Randy Skretvedt's book
"Laurel & Hardy, the Magic Behind the Movies", is a listing of all Stan and
Babe's supporting players and technical crew - with the years they were born
and died. Although I could not find Jacqueline Wells/Brown listed, I found
Anita Garvin's name - with no date listed for
her death (just says she was born in 1907 and retired in 1943)! Does anyone
know for sure if Ms. Garvin is still with us?

laurel and hardy

JimNeibr

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
Anita Garvin died in 1994, which was after Randy's book came out. Jacqueline
Wells (Julie Bishop) is still living.

JN

Ima Moron

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
JimNeibr rote...

>Anita Garvin died in 1994, which was after Randy's
>book came out.

well if randy had been on the ball he wood tell us in advanse what
year people are going to die. if he fails to do that it meens he
didnt do enuff resurch.

i didnt care mutch for randys book. it had to many wurds. i prefer
books with lots of connect the dot pikturs as long as theres not
too menny numburs.

itj

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
Well, I've got some advice for you Ima Moron, a.k.a. Eric Perlin.
This time you've gone too far. *Think* before you hit that "send"
button. Anita Garvin was a dear friend to the Sons of the Desert and
many people will be justifiably upset by your thoughtlessness. Randy
is a friend, too, but he can defend himself.

Who started this stupid thread anyway? Ivor Loader. Oh yeah, the
idiot that prematurely announced the death of one of our living
co-stars because he thought he heard it from some guy in Canada whose
name he can't remember.

Doh!

ALISON

JimNeibr

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
allison stated:

Well, I've got some advice for you Ima Moron, a.k.a. Eric Perlin.
This time you've gone too far. *Think* before you hit that "send"
button.

-----

There is nothing more disheartening than a pathetic soul who believes himself
to be funny when he just simply isn't -- especially when that same individual
is critical towards anything featuring Laurel and Hardy

BModero

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
<< What about Darla Hood, any news about her.

Many Thanks >>

Darla Hood died in 1979 from acute hepatitus.
She was 48 years old.
laurel and hardy

Sunshine

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
Anita Garvin was born Feb 11,1907 in New York City. She died in Los
Angeles on July 7, 1994. As a side note, she retired in the early
40's and was married twice. Her first husband was Red Stanley and # 2
was Clem Beauchamp.

BModero

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
From: tomc...@mediaone.net
Date: Wed, Apr 28, 1999 9:54 PM

>Jackie Lyn (Pack Up Your Troubles), Trudy Marshall (Dancing Masters), Jerry
>Tucker (Babes in Toyalnd), Butch Bond (Blockheads), and many, many many
>others!

Lois Laurel is seeking information of the whereabouts of Jackie Lyn in
the introduction of PUYT in one of the recent L&H video releases... >>

Last time I checked, Babe London (Ollie's bride in "Our Wife") was still alive
& well!
Can anyone corroborate this?
laurel and hardy

Sunshine

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
Babe London also known as Jean London was born August 28, 1901 in Des
Moines, Iowa and died November 29, 1980 in Woodland Hills, Ca
She did some bit parts in various movies, "Road to Rio" with Bing
Crosby and Bob Hope. "Here Come the Waves" starring Bing Crosby

davidco...@gmail.com

May 4, 2018, 12:12:51 AM5/4/18
Suzy Eclair(Atoll K) is still alive. She turned 100 in December 2017.

MJ Emigh

May 30, 2018, 10:41:23 PM5/30/18
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 11:12:51 PM UTC-5, davidco...@gmail.com wrote:
> Suzy Eclair(Atoll K) is still alive. She turned 100 in December 2017.

Her name is Delair. An eclair is a whole different thing. But then, Suzy did look good enough to eat back then, didn't she?