Flying Deuces?

Kimba W Lion

Sep 27, 2012, 9:57:50 AM9/27/12
Where can I find the best copy of The Flying Deuces?

The version on TCM recently was disappointing. I read that the Kino DVD is not
100% restored, with fake title cards and missing credits. I also read that
Legend Films released a cut TV print, but would re-release the DVD in its full
length--how could I be sure to get the corrected version?

This site: http://www.lordheath.com/index.php?p=1_524_The-Flying-Deuces-DVD
suggests the best version was released by Stonevision, but I can't find that
DVD, plus I assume it has the PAL speed-up problem. The same site lists a
restored Italian DVD running 69 minutes, but Amazon.it says it's 64 minutes
and PAL.

Such a shame that there's so much confusion over this title.

MJ Emigh

Oct 20, 2016, 10:49:57 PM10/20/16
On Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 8:57:50 AM UTC-5, Kimba W Lion wrote:
> Where can I find the best copy of The Flying Deuces?

I can't really give a good answer, but I certainly CAN give you a warning. If buying from Amazon, you are really taking your chances buying from their sellers. You might get one of dozens of options when ordering any of the supposedly "restored" versions. I've tried three times (Lobster, Kino, and Legend, I think). Every time, I got the dollar-store variety product.

Fortunately, they have a great return policy, but it just feels like a lot of wheel-spinning. I don't believe the sellers are trying to rip anyone off, although that is a possibility. More likely, they just don't know.