'Little Rascals' star Dickie Moore dies

Byker

Sep 11, 2015, 8:26:52 PM9/11/15
'Little Rascals' star Dickie Moore dies at 89, leaving five surviving 'Our
Gang' members

BY DAVID BOROFF
Friday, September 11, 2015, 7:23 PM A A A

The surviving members of the iconic "Little Rascals" cast dwindled to a
handful this week after former child star Dick Moore died at age 89 — just
three days after another member of the iconic "Gang" had passed away.

Moore, who was known as "Dickie" when he appeared in the "Our Gang" shorts
in the 1930s, passed away on Monday, the New York Times reported. Actress
Jean Darling, who appeared in the "Our Gang" series in the late 1920s,
passed away on Sept. 4 at the age of 93.

There are believed to be just five "Rascals" remaining following the passing
of Moore and Darling.

Robert Blake, perhaps better known for starring in the '70s TV hit
"Baretta," Sidney Kibrick, Jerry Tucker, Mildred Kornman and Leonard Landy
are thought to be the last living members of the "Gang."

Blake, now 81, appeared in 40 "Our Gang" shorts between 1939 and 1944. The
87-year-old Kibrick appeared in the series in the late 1930s. Tucker, 89,
appeared on the series throughout the 30s.

Kornman, 90, believed to be the oldest living "Rascal," appeared in the
series in the '20s and '30s, while the 82-year-old Landy was a "Gang" member
from 1938 to 1941.

Originally called "Our Gang," the legendary film shorts were later
syndicated for TV with the new title "The Little Rascals."

Outside of "Rascals," Moore made his mark on Hollywood, playing the title
role in "Oliver Twist" in 1933 and giving Shirley Temple her first on-screen
kiss. It was the first-ever film version of "Oliver Twist" with sound.

He was survived by his third wife, actress Jane Powell, who was also a child
star.

Moore wrote a book about his time as a child star in 1984 called "Twinkle,
Twinkle, Little Star (But Don’t Have Sex or Take the Car)."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/rascals-star-dies-leaving-5-surviving-cast-members-article-1.2357033