Do you like horses?

Peter Jon Shuler

Mar 10, 2023, 8:12:07 PM3/10/23
I find this to be one of the most puzzling a elusive catchphrases in the Firesign canon. It keeps showing up in various form in the background in various crowd scenes.

I BELIEVE it makes its first appearance on How Can You Be In Two Place At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All. I noticed it as "Do you like seahorses?" Giant Rat of Sumatra. It also shows up in the soap opera scene from In the Next World You're On Your Own. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list. Can anybody cite other examples?

More importantly, does anybody know where it comes from originally?