Help bring Doctor Who back to US cable television with The New TNN

1 view

Foo Finder

Jun 17, 2003, 5:54:46 PM6/17/03
tome...@yahoo.com (Tom E. Lord) wrote in message news:<996bcf5b.03060...@posting.google.com>...
> The New TNN is becoming Spike TV, the first channel marketed to men.
> On their website www.spiketv.com, they are asking people to suggest
> what kind of programming they would like to see. They already show
> Star Trek: TNG almost non-stop on this channel.
> I think it would be great if we all suggest Dr. Who for this new
> channel. It is a longshot, but it just might work, if everyone
> reading this message goes to www.spiketv.com and suggests it.
>
> We have nothing to loose.
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

We've reposted your plea on http://www.oddhobby.com.

In addition to Dr. Who We also suggested the following:

Green Acres
Doctor,Doctor
The Man Show
Duck Man
Black Adder
Beavis & Butthead
THe Tick (the cartoon)

What was the name of that MTV cartoon... this guy had a real big head,
or something stuck in his head?

BTW, Currently, the correct URL for "Spike TV" is:

http://www.thenewtnn.com then click on the feedback link.

Ann - a long sig for now:

We will have the review of Duckon 2003 posted soon. If you attended
and would like to contribute your feedback, please drop by our site.

BTW The Midwest Furfest is in Nov.

If you have any odd events to share, please drop by the Oddhobby site
and let us know.

Coming soon, the New Oddhobby - Share what you know. Learn what you
don't.
Please stop by our temporary shop -- please support Oddhobby

http://www.oddhobby.com

Dave

Jun 17, 2003, 10:33:44 PM6/17/03

"Foo Finder" <oddh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> tome...@yahoo.com (Tom E. Lord) wrote in message
> > The New TNN is becoming Spike TV, the first channel marketed to men.
> > On their website www.spiketv.com, they are asking people to suggest
> > what kind of programming they would like to see. They already show
> > Star Trek: TNG almost non-stop on this channel.
> > I think it would be great if we all suggest Dr. Who for this new
> > channel.

Does Dr Who still get shown in America?

SC
http://www.great-britons.co.uk/

Go Go Goblin!

Jun 22, 2003, 10:19:20 AM6/22/03

yes, it's on all the time
why they want Spike TV to air
it too is beyond me.

--
BFG

goblin at iglou dot com

{ http://members.iglou.com/lyons }

John Pertwee

Jun 22, 2003, 11:16:00 AM6/22/03

Not just air it, but make new episodes. The New TNN(was going to be
Spike TV until Spike Lee sued them) wants input on new programs. So
why not make Doctor Who?

--

"It was then, staring into the abyss, that my tortured mind was truly
born." John Pertwee

The Doctor

Jun 22, 2003, 4:24:09 PM6/22/03
In article <MPG.195f84f67...@news.iglou.com>,

Go Go Goblin! <toot.po...@t.are.my.friends> wrote:

How bad is Spike TV?? Worst than the Simpsons?
--
Member - Liberal International On 11 Sept 2001 the WORLD was violated.
This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca

Tirya

Jun 22, 2003, 6:18:08 PM6/22/03
"John Pertwee" <JohnP...@lickmebum.com> wrote in message

> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:19:20 -0400, Go Go Goblin!
> > yes, it's on all the time
> > why they want Spike TV to air
> > it too is beyond me.
>
> Not just air it, but make new episodes. The New TNN(was going to be
> Spike TV until Spike Lee sued them) wants input on new programs. So
> why not make Doctor Who?

What, you want another American shot at making Doctor Who? Didn't the "movie"
teach you anything???

Tirya
--
TDC Inca Jeeper
A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep.

John Pertwee

Jun 22, 2003, 7:53:38 PM6/22/03
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:18:08 GMT, "Tirya" <Ti...@spamfree.addy> wrote:

>"John Pertwee" <JohnP...@lickmebum.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:19:20 -0400, Go Go Goblin!
>> > yes, it's on all the time
>> > why they want Spike TV to air
>> > it too is beyond me.
>>
>> Not just air it, but make new episodes. The New TNN(was going to be
>> Spike TV until Spike Lee sued them) wants input on new programs. So
>> why not make Doctor Who?
>
>What, you want another American shot at making Doctor Who? Didn't the "movie"
>teach you anything???

At this point, I don't care who makes it, as long as someone does.
They could pull it off, you never know.

Look at The Twin Dilema. If we just had that one story to judge Colin
Baker by everyone would hate him.

John Duncan Yoyo

Jun 22, 2003, 8:47:05 PM6/22/03

The problem is that these people are idiots. They ruined Robot Wars
when they made the US version. I suspect that they couldn't do nearly
as good a job as that awful FOX attempt on Doctor Who.
-
John Duncan Yoyo
------------------------------o)

John Duncan Yoyo

Jun 22, 2003, 9:26:03 PM6/22/03
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:24:09 +0000 (UTC), doc...@netknow.ca (The
Doctor) wrote:

>How bad is Spike TV?? Worst than the Simpsons?

At least 80% of TV is worse than the Simpsons.

Spike was going to be the New TNN plus some adult swim wanna be
cartoons. The programming will run under the New TNN banner for now
so you can check out the programming at <http://www.thenewtnn.com/>.

Tirya

Jun 22, 2003, 10:22:38 PM6/22/03

> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:18:08 GMT, "Tirya" <Ti...@spamfree.addy> wrote:
>
> >"John Pertwee" <JohnP...@lickmebum.com> wrote in message
> >> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:19:20 -0400, Go Go Goblin!
> >>
> >> Not just air it, but make new episodes. The New TNN(was going to be
> >> Spike TV until Spike Lee sued them) wants input on new programs. So
> >> why not make Doctor Who?
> >
> >What, you want another American shot at making Doctor Who? Didn't the
"movie"
> >teach you anything???
>
> At this point, I don't care who makes it, as long as someone does.
> They could pull it off, you never know.

Not me. I'd rather not see one of my favorite series butchered beyond all
recognition (I've nearly succeeded in forgetting that horrible Fox movie and
the butchering job they did of it. Half WHAT?) in the vain hope that "they

could pull it off, you never know."

Look what's happening to "Battlestar Galactica".

Now, if you want them to do a *spin off* that's a whole 'nother kettle of
fish. But leave the Doctor alone.

betty ford

Jun 23, 2003, 11:57:03 AM6/23/03
John Duncan Yoyo <john-dun...@cox.net> wrote in message news:<tdlcfvssu9uqnamjf...@4ax.com>...

at least 99%of tele is worse than the simpsons

John Duncan Yoyo

Jun 23, 2003, 4:29:10 PM6/23/03
On 23 Jun 2003 08:57:03 -0700, pinkwave...@yahoo.com (betty ford)
wrote:

>John Duncan Yoyo <john-dun...@cox.net> wrote in message news:<tdlcfvssu9uqnamjf...@4ax.com>...
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:24:09 +0000 (UTC), doc...@netknow.ca (The
>> Doctor) wrote:
>> >
>> >How bad is Spike TV?? Worst than the Simpsons?
>>
>> At least 80% of TV is worse than the Simpsons.
>>
>> Spike was going to be the New TNN plus some adult swim wanna be
>> cartoons. The programming will run under the New TNN banner for now
>> so you can check out the programming at <http://www.thenewtnn.com/>.

>at least 99%of tele is worse than the simpsons

I was being generous plus I could defend 80%. 90% might possibly be
doable after that you are just a fanboy. It takes one to know one.

Cleethorps

Jun 24, 2003, 2:18:36 PM6/24/03

> >> Does Dr Who still get shown in America?
> >>

> > yes, it's on all the time
> > why they want Spike TV to air
> > it too is beyond me.

Is it just the Tom Baker shows. What's the chances of seeing a
Hartnell/Troughton episode in the states?

SC
http://www.great-britons.co.uk

Go Go Goblin!

Jun 24, 2003, 7:17:34 PM6/24/03
In alt.comedy.british.blackadder, Tirya said:
> Look what's happening to "Battlestar Galactica".

from what little i've seen
it looks pretty damn good.

Go Go Goblin!

Jun 24, 2003, 7:19:16 PM6/24/03
In alt.comedy.british.blackadder, The Doctor said:
> In article <MPG.195f84f67...@news.iglou.com>,
> Go Go Goblin! <toot.po...@t.are.my.friends> wrote:
> >In alt.comedy.british.blackadder, Dave said:
> >>
> >> "Foo Finder" <oddh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Does Dr Who still get shown in America?
> >>
> >> SC
> >> http://www.great-britons.co.uk/
> >>

> > yes, it's on all the time
> > why they want Spike TV to air
> > it too is beyond me.
> >

> How bad is Spike TV?? Worst than the Simpsons?

Spike TV was to be the new name of
the New TNN which was the Nashville Network
which is basically the 1/3 eps of Star Trek TNG Network

lLinda Terrell

Jun 29, 2003, 4:30:21 AM6/29/03
> >What, you want another American shot at making Doctor Who? Didn't the "movie"
> >teach you anything???
>
> At this point, I don't care who makes it, as long as someone does.
> They could pull it off, you never know.
>
> Look at The Twin Dilema. If we just had that one story to judge Colin
> Baker by everyone would hate him.

Oh, I assure you, I hate Colin Baker for a lot more than that.

LT

John Pertwee

Jun 29, 2003, 1:21:05 PM6/29/03

To each their own. Colin got a bad producer and he knows it. If Turner
had any sense he would have picked a better costume.

Foo Finder

Jul 3, 2003, 3:09:06 PM7/3/03
> > >What, you want another American shot at making Doctor Who? Didn't the
> "movie"
> > >teach you anything???
> >
> > At this point, I don't care who makes it, as long as someone does.
> > They could pull it off, you never know.
>
> Not me. I'd rather not see one of my favorite series butchered beyond all
> recognition (I've nearly succeeded in forgetting that horrible Fox movie and
> the butchering job they did of it. Half WHAT?) in the vain hope that "they
> could pull it off, you never know."
>
> Look what's happening to "Battlestar Galactica".
>
> Now, if you want them to do a *spin off* that's a whole 'nother kettle of
> fish. But leave the Doctor alone.
>
> Tirya

Paramount is suing Viacom: they say that Viacom is not doing enough to
keep the Star Trek money tree well groomed.

So yes, Enterprise sucks so bad the big shots are suing each other.
And if it could happen to Star Trek, it could happen to DW.

On the other hand, Smallville (so far) is surprisingly good.

The bottom line is: I agree with, "you never know".

Anonymous Oddhobby TV Critic (AOTC)

Tim Bruening

Nov 1, 2007, 1:04:23 AM11/1/07

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <MPG.195f84f67...@news.iglou.com>,
> Go Go Goblin! <toot.po...@t.are.my.friends> wrote:
> >In alt.comedy.british.blackadder, Dave said:
> >>
> >> "Foo Finder" <oddh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Does Dr Who still get shown in America?
> >>
> >> SC
> >> http://www.great-britons.co.uk/
> >>

> > yes, it's on all the time
> > why they want Spike TV to air
> > it too is beyond me.
> >

> How bad is Spike TV?? Worst than the Simpsons?

Are there any TV channels marketed specifically to women?

Tim Bruening

Nov 1, 2007, 1:05:02 AM11/1/07

Tirya wrote:

> "John Pertwee" <JohnP...@lickmebum.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:19:20 -0400, Go Go Goblin!
> > > yes, it's on all the time
> > > why they want Spike TV to air
> > > it too is beyond me.
> >
> > Not just air it, but make new episodes. The New TNN(was going to be
> > Spike TV until Spike Lee sued them) wants input on new programs. So
> > why not make Doctor Who?
>
> What, you want another American shot at making Doctor Who? Didn't the "movie"
> teach you anything???

I liked the movie.

SFTV_troy

Nov 1, 2007, 8:05:17 AM11/1/07

Tim Bruening wrote:

> I liked the movie.

Why the hell are you replying to an old, old, old message dating to
June 2003?!?!?

SFTV_troy

Nov 1, 2007, 8:05:42 AM11/1/07
On Nov 1, 12:04 am, Tim Bruening <tsbru...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
> > In article <MPG.195f84f6743bf24498d...@news.iglou.com>,

> > Go Go Goblin! <toot.pootin...@t.are.my.friends> wrote:

> > > yes, it's on all the time
> > > why they want Spike TV to air
> > > it too is beyond me.
>
> > How bad is Spike TV?? Worst than the Simpsons?
>
> Are there any TV channels marketed specifically to women?

Why the hell are you replying to an old, old, old message dating to
June 2003?!?!?

Les B. Labbauf

Nov 2, 2007, 9:53:02 AM11/2/07

Maybe he is trying to experiment with Time Travel ;)

Herman

Dec 8, 2007, 8:12:34 AM12/8/07
This has nothing to do with Blackadder.
Sod off.

"Tim Bruening" <tsbr...@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> schreef in bericht

Chaldean

Aug 21, 2010, 1:47:14 AM8/21/10
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 05:05:17 -0700, SFTV_troy <SFTV...@yahoo.com>
offered us these thoughts:

And why not!?!? (^_^)

--
Bob

Alun

Aug 21, 2010, 2:46:33 PM8/21/10
Chaldean wrote in news:d2qu66hnk6s3q1ffs...@4ax.com:

Some of us can't get cable TV. Without Dr. Who on PBS, all we can do is
watch recordings anyway.

nos...@spamfree.com

Jan 29, 2011, 12:38:29 PM1/29/11
(The Doctor) wrote:

> How bad is Spike TV?? Worst than the Simpsons?

Are you nuts?

The Simpsons is great American television and an icon of
western civilization.

Ignis Fatuus

Jan 29, 2011, 1:26:08 PM1/29/11

West of the Atlantic.

Ryan P.

Jan 29, 2011, 4:20:48 PM1/29/11

It can't be any "worst" than his spelling... :)

Easy answer: Spike TV is to Men what the Oprah channel is to Women.

The Doctor

Jan 29, 2011, 6:55:33 PM1/29/11
In article <10k8k6d8d00uhngu2...@4ax.com>,

That's old. Still the Simpsons sucks balls.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

The Doctor

Jan 29, 2011, 6:57:33 PM1/29/11
In article <atm8k6hemsn820001...@4ax.com>,

You misspelt Pacific.

The Doctor

Jan 29, 2011, 7:03:36 PM1/29/11
In article <ii20bi$9dl$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

The skeleton has been dug up!

john smith

Jan 30, 2011, 12:03:29 PM1/30/11

"Ryan P." <rdelet...@wi.rr.comm> wrote in message

It's *that* bad, eh?

The Doctor

Jan 30, 2011, 3:44:09 PM1/30/11
In article <zRg1p.58821$lM.1...@newsfe14.ams2>,

The Simpsons and Oprah sucks the big hole!