Breathless anticipation?

Patrick Matthews

Jan 21, 1995, 7:37:28 AM1/21/95
As of this writing, we're 153 hours from PB5 registration (don't ask me
why I'm awake *and* logged on at 7:30am on a Saturday).

However, there's at least one player out there who just couldn't wait, I
guess. Last night at about 8:00 I got a call from a guy asking where Penn
Bowl was being held. It seems that he was at the Wharton School (Penn's
B-school) and couldn't remember where to go. I think he was rather
surprised anyone even answered my phone because....he thought PB5 was the
weekend we're currently in :) [Name withheld to protect the guilty, but
you'll probably find out who he is anyway]

See y'all in less than a week,

Pat
--
Patrick G. Matthews matt...@netaxs.com
271 S. 15th St. #1804 215-546-1108 home

Michael Obstgarten

Jan 21, 1995, 11:21:29 AM1/21/95

Just another friendly reminder that despite all the hubbub over
the sci-fi round that will be taking place Friday night, The Challenge
will also be going down. The question packets are done, the packet authors
will be there, and Matt and I are both ready to get this on. (Awwww yeah.)

ObAmbidextrosityTrashTalk: COLVIN, IF THE LEFT ONE DOESN'T GET YOU,
THE RIGHT ONE WILL! HAH HAH!!

(BTW, I buzz left-handed so I can write with the right. I too
keep score/stats for my team, and when spelling questions come up, for
whatever reason, I write the word out as I'm spelling it. And for me,
the thumb's the thing. CB responders aren't made for index-finger buzzing.
At least not for those of us with large hands, like almost all of us at BU.
From my understanding, J! buzzers are significantly larger and contour to
the hand so that it would be easiest/quickest to ring in with the index
finger.)

Mike Obstgarten
X-Checker (and designated Colvin-slayer), BU College Bowl