Google Gruplar, artık yeni Usenet gönderilerini veya aboneliklerini desteklememektedir. Geçmişteki içerikler görüntülenebilir kalmaya devam edecek.

Silver Jubilee Stamp

139 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Norah Martin

okunmadı,
12 Şub 2000 03:00:0012.02.2000
alıcı
I have an ER Silver Jubilee stamp 1952-1977 anyone tell me if its worth
anything
thanks

Norah

norah....@lineone.net

Blair Stannard

okunmadı,
12 Şub 2000 03:00:0012.02.2000
alıcı

Norah Martin wrote:

Hello Horah:

We will need much more information , as hundreds
of these were issued by dozens of country.

Please tell us :

Country Name (ie UK, Antigua etc..)
Denomination (ie 35 cents , 50p)
Is it Mint or Used.
Describe the picture a bit.

Then we may be able to help.

Blair Stannard
Ottawa, Canada
==================

Norah Martin

okunmadı,
13 Şub 2000 03:00:0013.02.2000
alıcı
Blair

Thanks for replying

10 pence stamp
issued UK

Queen elizabeths head in centre and either side E then R Silver Jubilee
written accross the top
Not been used
wrapped in silver foil not exactly mint 1 slight crease not damaging

Norah

Blair Stannard <stan...@sonetis.com> wrote in message

Blair Stannard

okunmadı,
13 Şub 2000 03:00:0013.02.2000
alıcı

Hello Norah:

You would probably not get much more than
the 10p for it. Stamp values depend on
many things

Rarity: Millions of these were issued.

Completeness: Normally collectors collect
full sets and there were 5 stamps in that set.
Selling 1 stamp of a set is more difficult than
selling a complete set.

Price: (selling vs buying)

A dealer would probably ask 20p or so , as they
have a minimum price (to cover overhead costs).
(as mentioned - they would be reluctant to break
one of their sets to sell you one stamp). If you
wished to sell, they would offer less than retail
for the above reasons.

Condition + storage:

A tear or crease can eliminate the value of a
stamp, unless it is of considerable value.

Please note that metal foil is not a good way to
store a stamp. Metals can react with stamps
over time. A stamp can be kept in a stamp album
(if you have many) or in a stock book (small booklet
with glassine or acetate slots for stamps. A small
glassine envelope would work too, and you can
keep it between the pages of a book.

In summary, you have a couple of choices. These
include: (a) keep it as a souvenir; (b) give it to a child
or other collector; or (c) use it for 10p postage.

I hope this has been useful. Sorry, no cruise this time.

Have a nice day.

Blair
Ottawa, Canada

eddiegd...@gmail.com

okunmadı,
31 Ağu 2016 21:52:2431.08.2016
alıcı
I have a silver jubilee 22k gold stamp set of 3, 5c,20c and $1 anyone know the value . I cant find it on the internet
0 yeni ileti