Fake Overprints:Turkish Newspaper Stamps

Thad Curtz

Dec 30, 2012, 3:54:52 PM12/30/12

Hi. I'm working (very slowly) on selling the remains of my grandfather's
dealers' stock on ebay. Right now, I'm scratching my head about a number
of old album pages with Turkish newspaper stamps. Scott says that most
of the overprints on the early issues are fakes, so I assume it's likely
that the ones I have are too, but I'd like to have some idea about that
before I set a starting price for that lot. I'd appreciate any advice
about learning how to distinguish the fake overprints on Scott #P25 -
P28 from the genuine ones.

Best wishes,
Thad Curtz

--