CD FIREBALL MECH ERROR

DM...@aol.com

Nov 13, 2010, 9:37:30 PM11/13/10
I hope someone here can help me.....

I have a Rockola CD Fireball with a Mech 11 error. The arm just
stopped mid-stream from pulling a cd. I have already swapped the cpu
& player with a known working unit to no avail. Without a manual I
have no idea what else it could be other than the mech control board
under the player.
Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
David

DRebber

Nov 17, 2010, 1:16:12 PM11/17/10

David (Great name, by the way...)

The juke is telling you that it has not sensed the verticle movement of
the gripper arm. Try the following:

"Run Changer Test. (Quick Find 146) Be sure the tower is somewhere over
an area without a disc. Use the 1 and 2 buttons to position the tower as
necessary. Using the 3 and 4 buttons, try to move the lift up and down.
If the lift will not move but vibrates or there is some motor noise,
perform a motor/driver test. Move the lift up and down by hand and check
to make sure the lift optic switches indicate the position of the lift
correctly. If they do not, the tower cable or optics may be bad."

I noticed on a number of these models that the plastic housing for the
gripper / transport assembly would begin to warp with time and heat.
This would cause the vertical lift operation to bind.

Let me know if you need any thing else.

Respectfully,

David

--
DRebber

Dovers

Nov 17, 2010, 4:16:26 PM11/17/10

DRebber;662309 Wrote:
> Dovers,
>
> I'm not quite sure what your symptom is exactly. Is the gripper
> actually striking the record dividers of the magazine? Is the gripper
> resting against the lower stop and releasing the record? A little more
> detailed info might help troubleshoot your problem.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> David

Hi David
Thanks for your response
After the record has been played, the gripper places the 45 back into
the
magazine and then does not return or play the next record
So basically gets stuck with the 45 it has just played in the magazine
If I shake the magazine a few times it releases and plays the next
record

Thanks

Dovers

--
Dovers

DRebber

Nov 18, 2010, 7:50:25 AM11/18/10

An assortment of possibilities exist:
1. The gripper assembly needs to be lubricated. Although the release
action is motor driven (the gripping action is spring tension), it may
be binding just at the point of release where the cam switch will change
the circuit from transfer to scan.

2. A faulty cam switch is either losing connection or not making
connection when necessary.

3. The gripper arm is binding against the magazine, thereby shaking it
will allow it to travel to full extension and release the record.

I hope this helps a little. I will see if I have any manuals that give
the sequence of operation that might help you solve your problem.

Respectfully,

David

--
DRebber

Dovers

Nov 21, 2010, 7:40:40 PM11/21/10

Thanks again David
For some strange reason my Rockola is working fine again, but i'm sure
the problem will come back.
I will apply motor lubrication as I think that may have been the issue.

Any more info will be appreciated

Regards

Dovers

--
Dovers

cruz.mar...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2018, 6:51:01 PM10/2/18
Code 11 coming up error 11 on a fireball juke Box tower not moving

txd...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2022, 12:00:34 PM11/21/22
On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 5:51:01 PM UTC-5, cruz.mar...@gmail.com wrote:
> Code 11 coming up error 11 on a fireball juke Box tower not moving

Hello All,
Looking for a little help.
The Fireball i recently got has a mech 10 error.
I have ordered the manual. While I am waiting, can anyone provide any insight?
Thanks!
Don