Installing a new grill in a Wurlitzer 3010

Larry Courtney

Aug 4, 2021, 1:55:13 PM8/4/21
I have a new grill to install in my 3010 Wurlitzer. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this? I am not sure how to get the old one out.

DesotoFireflite

Aug 4, 2021, 6:03:33 PM8/4/21
To: Larry Courtney
Re: Installing a new grill in a Wurlitzer 3010
By: Larry Courtney to alt.collecting.juke-boxes on Wed Aug 04 2021 10:55 am

LC> I have a new grill to install in my 3010 Wurlitzer. Does anyone know the
LC> easiest way to do this? I am not sure how to get the old one out. ---

The 3000 is time consumong to pull the grill. First you have to go from the inside, and remove all the 3/8 nuts that hold the silver grill bars on, requires removing the speakers. If I remember correctly, there are 2 to 3 nuts on each crome strip. When you get all the crome strips off, the black grill will lift off. I got mine powercoated the same color black, and it was nice looking. Hope that helps

SysOp: C.G. Learn, AKA: DesotoFireflite
Valhalla Home Services! - (Synchronet) - bbs.valhallabbs.com
Valhalla II! - (GAP) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:24
Valhalla III! - (RemoteAccess) - bbs.valhallabbs.com:5023
Valhalla Home Services Web! - http://bbs.valhallabbs.com
A Gamers Paradise - Over 150 Registered Online Game Doors!

Home Of Odin's Maze Game Server!
Come Play Trade Wars On Valhalla's T.W.G.S!

--- Don't eat the yellow snow!
--- Synchronet 3.18b-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
Valhalla Home Services! - Over 100 Online Games! - telnet://valhalla.synchro.net

Larry Courtney

Aug 9, 2021, 3:04:02 PM8/9/21
I removed all but 3 of the chrome bars on my Wurlitzer 3010. They are loose in the center but have some sort of clip on the ends under the chrome. Are you familiar with this Desotofireflite? How do I remove the ends without damaging the chrome?

Larry Courtney

Aug 9, 2021, 3:37:58 PM8/9/21