Parting out a working NSM Solid Gold jukebox

Jan S

Dec 7, 2022, 4:41:12 PM12/7/22
Lots of good parts. Speakers with good foam, boards, glass, complete player and disk towers, Keypad and display assembly, basically everything except for the cabinet, CPU and page assembly as I needed those.

Tim Berthiaume

Sep 22, 2023, 12:38:03 PM9/22/23
On Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 4:41:12 PM UTC-5, Jan S wrote:
> Lots of good parts. Speakers with good foam, boards, glass, complete player and disk towers, Keypad and display assembly, basically everything except for the cabinet, CPU and page assembly as I needed those.

Hey Jan - Do you have a working Solid Gold? Or experience with one in working condition? I recently acquired one and am having fun with it, but I can't for the life of me find out how to STOP playback, cancel a selection, etc. Outside of shutting the thing down, I don't know how to stop playback when needed. There must be a way but I'm not finding anything in the manual.
Trying to track someone down who knows this jukebox and if there's a way to do it. If you have experience with this, your thoughts are thoroughly appreciated.

John Robertson

Sep 22, 2023, 2:43:55 PM9/22/23
There should be a CANCEL (may be called REJECT) button on the volume
control assembly...this Cancels the currently playing selection and the
machine goes to the next selection or idles.

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Tim Berthiaume

Sep 23, 2023, 4:42:22 PM9/23/23
Holy moly I feel like a doofus. Apparently I moved the unit in and put it against the wall without properly investigating the rear side. There's a panel with 3 buttons - Volume Up, Down, and Reject. Silly that I didn't see that. Mildly embarrassed. Thanks for your response. John. That's incredibly convenient. Will poke around some more in case there are other obvious features I'm overlooking.

John Robertson

Sep 25, 2023, 2:24:29 AM9/25/23
On 2023/09/23 1:42 p.m., Tim Berthiaume wrote:
> Holy moly I feel like a doofus. Apparently I moved the unit in and put it against the wall without properly investigating the rear side. There's a panel with 3 buttons - Volume Up, Down, and Reject. Silly that I didn't see that. Mildly embarrassed. Thanks for your response. John. That's incredibly convenient. Will poke around some more in case there are other obvious features I'm overlooking.

I have to show everyone who is new to jukeboxes where the cancel is.

I certainly didn't know there was a cancel/reject button on the rear
when I first met a jukebox!