Rockola 1428 sound problems

Aurora Prida

Dec 18, 2022, 6:22:47 PM12/18/22
Our Rockola which we have have had for over 50 years, now has a crackling sound and basically pour quality. Where would I first start checking? How do I tell when I need to have the amp rebuild versus having speaker problems/

thank you

John Robertson

Dec 19, 2022, 1:15:52 AM12/19/22
On 2022/12/18 3:22 p.m., Aurora Prida wrote:
> Our Rockola which we have have had for over 50 years, now has a crackling sound and basically pour quality. Where would I first start checking? How do I tell when I need to have the amp rebuild versus having speaker problems/
>
> thank you

If you have had the machine for fifty years has it had any service? Oiling?

If none, then I'd start with recapping the amplifier and checking the
condition of the cartridge on the tone arm. A new needle/stylus is the
minimum!

I also would recommend finding a manual as that should have lubrication
information in it and it will help any technician you find who would
like a go at replacing the amplifier capacitors...

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com