How do you hookup a Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox

JeffP

Nov 24, 2013, 12:35:33 PM11/24/13

I just won a used/refurbished Rowe AMI CD-WB Wallette Wallbox on Ebay
for $89.00 This guy sells them on Ebay for $89.00 everyday...

From what I have found online, I think the following is correct but I
wanted to share this with the group .

WallBox Ac Power - Connects to the 2 Yellows wires of the Transformer
Output.
WallBox Power Com - Connects to Black wire of the Transformer Output.
WallBox Left CH. - Connects to the Left E3 Speaker Output Terminal
inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Right CH. - Connects to the Right E3 Speaker Output Terminal
inside the Jukebox.
WallBox Audio Com - Right E1 Speaker Output Terminal inside the Jukebox.

WallBox Rowlink A - Splice A Oranges together then splice into CCC P12
Orange
WallBox Rowlink A - Splice A Oranges together then splice into CCC P12
Orange
WallBox Rowlink B - Splice B Whites together then splice into CCC P12
White
WallBox Rowlink B - Splice B Whites together then splice into CCC P12
White
WallBox Terminal Strip Lower Mounting Screw - appears to have had a wire
on it? Do I need to send a ground wire from this location back to the
jukebox? If so, do I need 8 conductor wire?

So I went to RadioShack today and I bought a 25.2VAC 2 amp �Power
Transformer� #271-1512B to power up the WallBox.
It has 2 Black wires that go to a plug on one side and 2 Yellow wires
and 1 Black wire coming out of the other side that go to the WallBox. As
per the instructions on the back of the package, If I want 25.2V output
I have to put the 2 Yellow wires together.

I also bought a Radio Shack 2 prong non-grounding plug #0423054 and a
�Inline Fuse Holder� #270-1281 that I plan to attach between the
transformer and the 2 prong plug. I also bought a Radio Shack 3 prong
grounding plug #0423056 just in case I need grounding for this
application.

I went to Lowes and bought 50 feet of 18 gauge, 7 conductor, 30 Volt,
Low Voltage Outdoor Direct Burial Sprinkler Wire.
Lowes did not have any 8 conductor sprinkler wire in stock. They did
have 18 gauge 8 conductor thermostat wire but I could not confirm if it
could handle 30 volts or not (I left my glasses home).

My questions are as follows:

1. What size fuse do I need in the �Inline Fuse Holder� and does the
fuse go on the input or output side of the transformer?

2. Do I use a 2 prong or 3 prong plug and if it is a 3 prong plug, where
do I attach the 3rd ground wire to?

3. Can I get away with using a 7 conductor wire or do I need 8 conductor
wire for the terminal strip ground, and if I do need 8 conductor wire,
where do I attach the terminal strip ground to on the jukebox side.

4. I think I need to attach the WallBox Audio Com to the E1 Speaker
Output Terminal inside the Jukebox But E1 is used on the left side, Do I
attach it to E1 on the right side or somewhere else?

As always� Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
Jeff P.

--
JeffP

Alan Hood

Nov 26, 2013, 8:12:59 AM11/26/13
Hi Jeff,

The 25 volt transformer would be ok for a Seeeburg but on a Rowe Ami you
need 28 to 30 volts AC.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

--
Alan Hood

JeffP

Nov 29, 2013, 5:31:13 PM11/29/13

Here�s an update�..

With my new CD-WB Wallette Field Service Manual and Parts Catalog and
the following wiring diagram along with the following items purchased, I
have been able to Successfully Hook-Up a CD-WB Wallette Wallbox to my
1989 Antique Apparatus CD Gazelle Bubbler.

Specs:
Model: GB4CD Serial: 15008 (Maybe 1989)
Mechanism Control Computer: 61086202 (Has been updated from Original)
Central Control Computer: 40832201 (V 4.3 - Has been updated from
Original)
CD-Pro Mechanism with Pro-2 Player (Has been updated from Original)
Power Supply: 6-09377-0 (New Power Supply Board 61086501)
250 Watt Stereo Amp: 61024901

These are the items that I purchased to do this:

Rowe CD-WB Wallette Wallbox, Ebay $89.00

RadioShack, 25.2VAC 2 amp �Power Transformer� #271-1512B $14.49
(Note: Only the 2 Yellow wires on transformer output side are used, the
Black wire on the output side is not used.)

Lowes, 2 prong non-grounding plug $1.97

Radio Shack, Inline Fuse Holder #270-1281 (I used a 3 Amp Fuse) $2.49

Lowes, 50 feet of 18 gauge, 7 conductor, 30 Volt, Low Voltage Outdoor
Direct Burial Sprinkler Wire $18.44

Here�s how I wired it up:

Wallbox Ac Power - Connects to the first Yellow wire on the output
side of the Transformer.
Wallbox Power Com - Connects to the second Yellow wire on the output
side of the Transformer.
Wallbox Left CH. - Connects to the Left E7 Speaker Output
Terminal inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Right CH. - Connects to the Right E7 Speaker Output
Terminal inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Audio Com - Connects to the Right E1 Speaker Output Terminal
inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink A - Plug in or Splice into P10, P11 or P12 �Orange�
wire found going into the CCC inside the Jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink A - Not Used when only hooking up 1 wallbox.
Wallbox Rowlink B - Plug in or Splice into P10, P11 or P12 �White�
wire found going into the CCC inside the jukebox.
Wallbox Rowlink B - Not Used when only hooking up 1 wallbox.

I hope that this information can help someone in the future wanting to
do the same thing.

Thanks
Jeff P.

--
JeffP

Doctor Benway

Sep 22, 2021, 9:51:03 AM9/22/21
Hooked up the Wallette CD-WB to my Rowe CD100F as Jeff P. mentioned, the Wallette is displaying BUSY. Can't get to work, any suggestions? Thanks.

John Robertson

Sep 22, 2021, 12:29:20 PM9/22/21
Time to get the operators manual for your CD-WB I guess.

My assumption is that "BUSY" means the system thinks there is another
wallbox that is transmitting on the system. It might be because a wire
is missing or misplaced as you only have one WB wired up...

I only have WallBox manuals for 45 machines so no troubleshooting guides
that can help in your case.

John :-#(#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com