Kate Ellen?? Murtah Sisters??

Mark A. Anderson

Jan 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/4/00
Hi all,

Just bought a nice vintage sepia signed photo and am trying to find out more
info on the gal. It is signed in a nice fountain pen with a small bar of
music beautifully drawn, then signed "Kate Ellen". The bottom is the
photographer's info - (Alex Schupack, Hollywood CA), and on the back is a
stamp that says "Murtah Sisters, 1001 North Ogden Drive, Hollywood, CA".

Can anyone shed some light on who she is? I bought it purely because the
vintage photo itself with fountain pen signature looks really wonderful, but
I'd certainly love to know who she was/is!

Also, still looking for information on Cecelia Parker (address if she is
still alive).

Thanks!!!
Mark

etcab...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 4:35:04 AM2/24/15
Hi Mark,
Did you ever connect with Kate Ellen? This post seems old. If you need more info contact me at etcab...@gmail.com

Eddie

musical...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2016, 1:22:16 PM3/10/16
Mark, I have a bunch of acetates of "Kate Elen" and "The Murtah Sisters"

I'm trying to find more information my self.

Steve
musical...@gmail.com

eweb...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2018, 11:02:57 AM7/2/18
On Tuesday, January 4, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Mark A. Anderson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just bought a nice vintage sepia signed photo and am trying to find out more
> info on the gal. It is signed in a nice fountain pen with a small bar of
> music beautifully drawn, then signed "Kate Ellen". The bottom is the
> photographer's info - (Alex Schupack, Hollywood CA), and on the back is a
> stamp that says "Murtah Sisters, 1001 North Ogden Drive, Hollywood, CA".
>
> Can anyone shed some light on who she is? I bought it purely because the
> vintage photo itself with fountain pen signature looks really wonderful, but
> I'd certainly love to know who she was/is!
>

> Also, still looking for information on Cecelia Parker (address if she is
> still alive).
>

> Thanks!!!
> Mark

Hi Mark, I know this post is almost 20 years old but wanted to chime in. I've solved the mystery!