ANC Throws off Its Mask

Dan Clore

Aug 20, 2012, 7:21:59 PM8/20/12

http://www.anarkismo.net/article/23657

ANC Throws Off Its Mask! Workers Murdered!
South African anarchist statement on the Marikana Massacre

Joint statement on the Marikana Massacre issued by the Tokologo
Anarchist Collective, Zabalaza Anarchist Communist Front and Inkululeko
Wits Anarchist Collective.

Marikana Massacre
ANC Throws Off Its Mask! Workers Murdered!
Capitalists and politicians guilty! Stop police brutality.
No justice, no peace. No Zuma, no Malema, no LONMIN!

The Constitution promises political rights and equality. It is quite
clear that the bosses and politicians do exactly as they wish. They walk
on the faces of the people. This is shown by the police killings of
strikers at Lonmin�s Marikana mine.

WHOSE RIGHTS?

People! We must face the facts. The ANC government and the big
capitalists run the show. The system makes the rich and powerful richer
and more powerful.

The workers and the poor suffer. We have no protection. You work, but
you do not survive. Food prices are going up. ESKOM is going up. We must
pay? With what? But when we struggle, we get shot.

ANC/ STATE + BOSSES/ CORPORATIONS = ALLIES

The state uses brutal force against the majority. We are marching,
raising our grievances. This is our right. We must struggle to live. So,
we fight against all elites: those who control government and those who
control companies (like Lonmin).

But our voices are silenced with bullets.

While we do not agree uncritically with all the actions of the workers
at Marikana, we are always with the working class and poor against the
state and capitalists.

ANCYL = ANC = MARIKANA MASSACRE

The ANC promised to change the system. Instead, it became part of the
system. Complaining against the National Party�s (NP�s) oppression, the
ANC took office. The NP murdered workers. But now the ANC murders workers.

The ANCYL has no grounds to pretend to condemn the police killings (see
its Statement 17 August 2012). The ANCYL is part and parcel of the
ruling ANC regime.

Malema and other expelled ANCYL leaders also want to use these events to
get reinstated into the ANC � to get rich or lie trying. But the ANC�s
hands are dripping with blood.

The past and present ANCYL leaders (like all ANC leaders) want more
money, not more freedom for the people.

CAPITALISM NO THANKS!

Capitalism is a system of brutality and exploitation, of suffering. The
black, Coloured and Indian working class suffers from the legacy of
apartheid national oppression and from daily capitalist and police
repression. (And even the white working class is exploited and oppressed).

COLLECTIVISE, NOT NATIONALISE

ANCYL uses the ANC murders to bang the drum again for �the
nationalisation of mines and other strategic sectors of the economy.�
But Marikana shows the true nature of the state/ government, no matter
what party: a bloodthirsty killing machine for the rich black and white
ruling class.

Real workers� control of the economy does not mean private corporations
(privatisation) or state corporations (nationalisation). It must mean
real people�s democratic control of the economy through worker and
community committees, serving people�s needs.

POLICE CANNOT BE CHANGED

The role of the police is to repress and silence the working class and
poor. This problem cannot be fixed by commissions or enquiries � as some
people think. Ask the family of Andries Tatane. It cannot be changed by
elections. Remember: Sharpeville 1960, Soweto 1976, Uitenhague 1985,
Michael Makhabane in 2000, SAMWU workers in 2009, Andries Tatane in 2011
� Marikana 2012. At least 25 protestors and strikers were killed from
2000, before Marikana.

PEOPLES POWER NOT ELECTIONS & PARTIES

Look at Marikana. Elections do not change the system. Joining the
government and becoming a politician is no solution. Replacing Jacob
Zuma with another ANC leader is no solution. A new political party �
even a �left� or �workers� party � is no solution. All the political
parties are no solution.
UNIONS: WAKE UP!

The Marikana unions, NUM and AMCU, have fallen into the trap set by the
ruling class politicians and bosses. They fought each other, instead of
fighting the real enemy. Unity is strength: do not be divided and ruled.
Workers of the world unite! Working class of all countries and races
unite! End the alliance! COSATU should have no links with the
bloodstained ANC.

ANARCHISM = COUNTER POWER

It is time to replace the capitalist / state system with Counter Power
by the people. This means that we want workers�/ community control of
the economy, from below. We want democratic and direct self-management
of industry by the workers in the workplaces; we want self- government
of communities by those living in them. We want to collectively decide
on how we run our lives. We refuse to live according to the rules
determined by bosses and politicians, who use the police to shoot us
like dogs when we disobey.

ONE SOLUTION: WORKING CLASS DEMOCRACY !
WE NEED YOU! DON�T VOTE, MOBILISE!

IF YOU AGREE WITH THESE IDEAS OR WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ANARCHISM:

Call 072 399-0912 OR 079 281-2560 OR email zacf[at]riseup[dot]net

Issued by:

Tokologo Anarchist Collective
Zabalaza Anarchist Communist Front
Inkululeko Wits Anarchist Collective

This entry was posted on August 19, 2012 by Griffin. It was filed under
Agitate!, Statements .

--
Dan Clore

http://tinyurl.com/yd3bxkw
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-unspeakable-and-others/6124911
Lord We�rdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://tinyurl.com/292yz9

"From the point of view of the defense of our society,
there only exists one danger -- that workers succeed in
speaking to each other about their condition and their
aspirations _without intermediaries_."
--Censor (Gianfranco Sanguinetti), _The Real Report on
the Last Chance to Save Capitalism in Italy_