women's art cooperatives

Overseas Development Network

Feb 12, 1993, 8:20:00 PM2/12/93

Dear Friends in the cooperative movement. I am looking for a coop
that specializes in bringing women artisans together to share
work, tools, and human consciousness. If you have any suggestions
or would be interested in the beginnings of one. Currently I am
working at the Overseas Development and can be contacted there.
My name is Tammy Sharp and my e-mail address on peacenet is odn.
Thanks.Tammy

Robert Abrams

Feb 13, 1993, 4:47:00 PM2/13/93

Tammy,

I know of at least two general artists colectives, one in Ithaca
NY, and one in Boulder CO.

I can't find the number for the Ithaca one, but you might want to
try People's Pottery at 607-277-3597 to see if they have any
leads.

Also, my coop market supports the work of various local artists by
displaying their work on our walls. You might want to look for a
coop market as a place to organize the group you are looking for.

Robert Abrams

Robert Abrams

Feb 15, 1993, 8:11:00 PM2/15/93

Tammy,

You should check out the latest issue of Cultural Survival
Quarterly, if you haven't seen it. It is devoted to women's work
and worth, women's collectives, etc.

Bob Abrams
..

Colin Johnson

Feb 16, 1993, 8:03:37 AM2/16/93

Here's another resource that is less specific. Ann Arbor
Michigan has an artists co-op that may have some contacts (I'm not
a member altho' if I got my act together I would be).

You can reach them at

Ann Arbor Artists Co-op
617 E. Huron
Ann Arbor Mich

(313) 668-6769

-Colin J.

--
Colin Johnson |When Knowledge Is Outlawed
Ann Arbor Michigan |Then Only Outlaws Will Have Knowledge

megan.p...@rocketmail.com

Jan 18, 2013, 2:22:07 PM1/18/13
Tammy Sharp that spent a year or two in Masvingo ? If you are get in touch. We all live in the UK now :-)