Westchester, NY CoHousing

Robert Cooper

Aug 20, 1993, 11:00:58 AM8/20/93
You've heard about Cohousing. It's a new form of housing that's
designed to put community back in our lives. By clustering
individual, self-sufficient dwellings around a common house with a
large kitchen and dining room, playrooms, workshops and laundry
facilities, Cohousing blends privacy and autonomy with the advantages
of cooperative living. Cohousing developments are physically designed
to conserve the land, with parking concentrated on the outskirts of
the community, and to provide plenty of opportunity for interaction
between residents, forming a small-scale, pedestrian-oriented
neighborhood. Each Cohousing community is organized, planned,
financed and managed by the residents themselves. Cohousing is home
ownership, and participants must have a down payment and qualify for a
mortgage.

If you are in the New York city region, I would like to invite you to a

Introductory Meeting for the Westchester CoHousing Group
1PM, Sunday, Sept 12 @ 615 Broadway, Hastings, NY
RSVP at 914 962-2620 Meeting will be 2 hours. $5 meeting
fee. If you need childcare, call 914 962-2620 before 9/8.

We'll show you slides of CoHousing Communities in Europe and the US,
tell you about our experiences in working to build CoHousing in
Westchester, and give you a chance to meet people already involved.

Call the above number for more info/directions or just drop me a line.

BTW - If your are interested in CoHousing, but not in NY, drop me a
line and I'll try to point you to other groups and other sources of info.

--
Robert Cooper Brooklyn, NY | "We don't know who discovered water, but
co...@panix.com | we're pretty sure it wasn't a fish..."

--
Robert Cooper Brooklyn, NY | "We don't know who discovered water, but
co...@panix.com | we're pretty sure it wasn't a fish..."
212 309-9600 (Work) | Attributed to Marshall McLuhan

Bret Underberg-Davis

Aug 21, 1993, 2:47:00 PM8/21/93

CM>You've heard about Cohousing. It's a new form of housing that's
CM>designed to put community back in our lives. By clustering
CM>individual, self-sufficient dwellings around a common house with a

I'll pass this information on to friends and family who may
be interested, in Westchester. Could you point me towards any
similar groups in the Philadelphia area? We're presently living
in the Germantown/Mount Airy neighborhood, and contemplating a
move to (probably) Montgomery County, but still near the city
(Jenkintown, Abington, Wyncote or Elkins Park are possibilities).
My spouse and I have discussed the idea of cohousing in the past,
but mostly with a circle of friends spread out through the
Northeast.

As we are expecting our first child in March, this is
becomes a more and more attractive idea, but one that we've not
yet pursued in an active way. I'll appreciate any pointers to
further contacts you might suggest.

Btw, my past experience with cooperatives is limited to
college living and dining coops (at Oberlin), some local food
coops in Boston and Philly, and several years (continuing)
activity in an organization called ECRS (Eastern Cooperative
Recreation School).

John Rodakowski

Aug 22, 1993, 9:10:46 PM8/22/93
I'd be interested in any info. you might have about cohousing
organizations in the western US. I'm thinking about moving in another
year, and this would be a good opportunity for me to explore
some co-opportunites. :)
Thanks,
John Rodakowski (wh...@u.washington.edu)

drese...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2016, 4:04:07 PM11/14/16

I like to know more information on this - co-housing Westchester. Thank you!
Email me at drese...@gmail.com