Masters Course Experience - Part III of III (conclusion)

60 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Eldonbraun

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 06:11:2214-12-2005
aan
MY MASTERS COURSE EXPERIENCE
by V_______

PART THREE (conclusion)

So I went from having a really great time on that course to losing
sleep over the worry that I was either being targeted or would for some
reason not get my license. Imagine going for a ride on THAT
Merry-go-round. Now, this was getting extremely tricky wasn't it? I had
a feeling or belief that Avra, Kayt and Susan simply didn't like me. My
creation, right? Yet every day of the course, I seemed to manifest more
"evidence" to back up this belief.

I talked to Avra once more when she called me over again to see how
things were going. I said, "Well, I think it's going pretty well. I
feel confident about the materials and what I am learning. I'm sure I
will have the check sheet done by the end of the course, so that's
good." However, I wasn't exactly jumping up and down. I was just
answering her question and wishing she'd leave me alone. Also, if she
had stopped staring at me like I was space alien, that would have been
great too. I know this all sounds highly introspective on my part but I
am a fairly perceptive person, perhaps a little above average. I can
usually just spot these things in people. Something was fishy, and we
both knew it.

The problem was she must have known what she didn't like about me, and
I was left in the dark about that. Then she dropped the bomb! I was
still sitting in that "creation" from days ago! And now I was
exhibiting resistance too! Man, I was getting worse off instead of
better, evidently. Aw, crap.

So she took me off what I was doing on my check sheet and put me on
Feel-It's. Great, back to day one. After the feel-its I was put on a
full day of identity handling or something I can barely remember, some
persistent personality mass or some such thing. I knew this much: now I
was losing ground on my course. I hadn't gone there to handle my case
and retake the Avatar course. I went to learn the exact procedures for
delivering Avatar to others. The last time I checked, I had paid
Star's Edge $3,000 for this service. I would have greatly appreciated
just being able to go in, do the course, get my license and move on.
Seemed simple enough to me.

Isn't Stars Edge obligated to deliver the actual services people pay
for? Or should they be allowed to make it up as they go along? In the
"real" world, one is usually required to deliver the services paid
for. I am an artist. If you hire me to make a stained glass window
with, say, Angels on it, but instead I decide your windows are not
large enough and they also need to be cleaned, can I replace your
windows and keep the money you paid for the stained glass? Maybe I
could claim you thought you wanted a stained glass window but what you
really NEEDED was a good window cleaning? I would think not. I am just
looking at standard business procedure here. But Star's Edge seems
to know plenty about business when it comes to their own bottom line,
as I learned much later on.

It was the same with B. He was not delivered the services he paid for,
nor was he offered a refund. One would at some point seriously start
to wonder just what kind of God Avra thinks she is.

So this monkey business put me about halfway through the course, give
or take a day. I was running about two days behind everyone else at
this point, at least in the group of people I'd been working with.
There may have been other students in the same boat, but if so I
didn't know who they were. Everyone I socialized with or went to
dinner with was doing fine. I mostly hung out with the Germans on the
course, because they had their own set of instructors (who were great,
I might add). No one in that contingent was having anything less than a
wonderful time. I wish I could have worked with them!

After a day of running that persistently stubborn identity Avra was so
worried about, I went to her and told her I wasn't doing it any more. I
was pretty firm about it, but didn't get overly emotional. I just made
it very clear that I intended to pass this course and complete my check
sheet, so as of that morning I would be moving on. I'd had it with
making up anything I thought she wanted to hear, which is just BS. She
didn't seem to be willing to argue with me about it, which was great.
Fortunately. there were other students willing to work with me so I
could catch up on the course. I didn't have any more trouble from Avra
or the other instructors, although Susan still seemed to have an
unnatural interest in me. But at least she was willing to check me out
on various drills and so forth.

So miracle of all miracles, I managed to catch up. At this point, I was
skipping lunch and breaks, and working as fast as I could. It looked
like there might be hope. The day before the last day of the course,
they rounded us all up and took us out to have our picture taken for
the back cover of the Avatar Journal. As far as I know at this point,
everyone except B. thought they were going to pass the course.
Everyone looks very happy in that picture. It had been a light,
cheerful morning, perhaps so we'd all be looking our best for the
photo.

It wasn't until the next day that we found out what was what. The last
day of the course had a very scattered, almost eerie quality. We were
taken one by one to a table with a few instructors around it. I didn't
see Avra there. I turned in my completed check sheet, fully expecting
to go to the next step of whatever the licensing procedure was. Two of
the instructors at the table were Miken and the male instructor I
mentioned previously. They informed me that I would not be licensed.
Wow, the floor practically dropped out from under me! "Why?" I
asked. They said they didn't know. Miken even specifically stated that
she was frankly quite surprised. She had considered me one of the
brighter students. She said, "Maybe it was a mistake?" The male
instructor looked decidedly upset. I told them to please find out what
they could, and I'd check back after lunch.

When I came back, Miken verified that I would not be licensed. I said,
"I've flunked the course? How could that be?" She said that no, I
hadn't flunked. I could still get my license later on when I came back
to review the course. Right. I'd left my two young daughters back in
LA for 10 days, spent a considerable amount on lodging, airfare, food
and so on, so I wasn't in any position to go jet-setting back to
Orlando on a whim. I told Miken I was under the impression that no one
flunked the course. She again pointed out that I hadn't flunked, I
just wasn't getting licensed. Well, in my book that is considered a
flunk, but whatever. So I told her that if I wasn't getting licensed,
then I needed something in writing, describing what the exact problems
were. What did I need to restudy? What needed to be corrected? But I
came away with nothing--no explanation. At that point, I was completely
caved in. I just started crying.

Honestly, it was debilitating. I guess I should not have let it get to
me so badly, but understand that after getting jerked around in
Scientology for eight years, I felt as if I had really found the pot
of gold at the end of the rainbow with Avatar. I had an incredible time
on my first course; it was just wonderful. I had invested everything,
(actually MORE) than I had to become licensed and deliver this
wonderful gift to others. It was a miracle in my life. I was so happy
and excited about my new future and all the good work I would be doing!
I saw Star's Edge taking away the very dreams they had encouraged me
to pursue.

Man, I felt like some second class spiritual citizen as I watched other
students I'd worked with--who didn't even "get it"--become certified
and sent on their merry way. I sort of shuffled away from the table,
feeling quite lost as to what I should do. How could I recover this
situation now? It seemed pretty hopeless. I saw Kayt Kennedy walking
by and tried to catch up with her to ask if she had any idea about what
was up. She said, "You're' sitting in a creation!" and literally RAN
away from me. Bizarre. I felt like there was a little black cloud over
my head by that time. Later, I came across Susan, happy to see me as
ever. She took my pack of materials and then gave it back to me. She
said, "You are a very valuable being, V____. We are entrusting you with
the materials."

Gosh, I felt so honored! Good grief. Ten years later, I have my
materials sitting here beside me along with my completed check sheet.
Guess I'm still sitting in that creation, eh?

In closing, I can honestly say that in all my years I have never been
so duped, so completely screwed over financially and emotionally. I
have written in this account the things I would have said to Avra or
anyone from Star's Edge if they would have listened.

So I returned to Los Angeles more disheartened and confused than I had
ever been in my life. I came back as an utter failure, a flunkee of the
course, and had to explain to all my prospective students that I would
not be able to deliver the course to them. I flew back heartbroken,
empty handed, disillusioned, and $10,000 in debt for the privilege.
It's the dumbest thing I ever did. Even Scientology never came close
to this kind of utter senselessness.

That's about all I care to remember about the entire scenario at this
point. I called back to Stars Edge a couple of times after I returned
home, but I never got any answers. I was undecided as to whether I
wanted to try to get them to make things right with me, which I knew
meant giving up my chance at ever being licensed. Or would I just sort
of drift away and maybe someday be able to make it back? Or wait for
things to get better? Maybe I thought, Star's Edge was so new that
they were working out "bugs" within their own system. I had originally
dreamed of delivering the Avatar course to enough people so I myself
could go on to the Wizards course. I had heard so many incredible
things about it. Needless to say, none of that ever happened.

Ten years down the line, I am still not sure about Stars Edge. I guess
whatever their ultimate intentions are will play out. I suppose the
most upsetting part of it all for me personally is that organizations
like Scientology and Avatar for the most part attract good
people--seekers who know there is more to life than the new BMW or a
Chanel handbag. People who have in their hearts the intention to make
the world a better place and help others. This is really the most
depressing part. It is a noble cause, and there are a lot of good
people on this planet who still have faith and hope left. Any
organization that would toy with those dreams and goals is evil.
Sometimes I wonder what I might have accomplished had I not spent so
many years in the wrong place at the wrong time. A variation to an old
country song comes to mind: "Mama, don't let your babies grow up
thinking they can save the planet." There's a lot of good work to be
done, but don't let anyone convince you that you have to spend every
last dime to do it.

END

Eldonbraun

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 06:33:2114-12-2005
aan
NOTE FROM ELDON:
The foregoing posts (Parts I through III) recount the experiences of a
student who took the Master Course in late 1995. She asked me to do
some editing for grammar, punctuation and consistency. She then
approved it for posting. My input on this document was "line editing."

The author has given her approval for Ron Cools to publish it on
www.avatarscam.com/ as advice to prospective students of the Avatar
Master course.

My "editorial advice" to Star's Edge is to immediately hold a meeting
of the Senior Avatar Council and do the following:

1. Offer this student a refund, with interest, of her entire
expenditure for taking the Avatar Master course. Once that is done, I'm
confident that she would be pleased to provide happy ending to the
story, stating that it must have been a misunderstanding.

2. Publish a factual account, based on actual numbers and statistics,
of the real business opportunities afforded by becoming an Avatar
Master, assuming a prospective student wants to teach the Avatar course
as a business. This needs to include the historical dropout and license
suspension rates. Charts and graphs, you know.

3. Publish the full licensing policy and successive criteria for
"passing" the Avatar Master course to become fully licensed, including
internship requirements and anticipated expenses.

4. Publish the full policy of licensure review and the grounds for
license suspension, including the policy on your review procedure.

5. Issue the abover signed by all current members of the Senior Avatar
Council.

Sound fair enough?

see...@alexandria.cc

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 07:07:1714-12-2005
aan
It's going to be kind of hard to refund an anonymous person who hasn't
requested refund--or should SE just send the check to you?

Alrick

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 07:11:2914-12-2005
aan
Eldon,

I guess those people at Star's Edge considers themselves way too
"enlightened" to take advice from anyone. And I don't see why this lady
would have to invent a happy ending when there was no such thing? Don't
compromise the truth!

If legal action isn't financially possible for her ("willfully
inflicting psychological damage"), I think she should try and contact
some influential journalists. This is a very well-written story by
someone who was obviously suffered serious psychological harm from
Star's Edge and those who call themselves "trainers".

I can recommend Alex Jones. He hosts a weekly radio show from Austin,
Texas. Everything that even remotely sounds like cult mind control will
get him going, and he is real thorough and will not rest until he has
heard from all those involved: a real pitbull!! And there are numerous
other radio shows, Jack Blood on Genesis Networks for instance.

I really recommend that, because she's living in the U.S. and could go
on one of these shows. I'd love to hear Alex Jones tear Star's Edge
apart. People should go public with this. Use the words "Scientology"
and "cult" and you will find out if people are interested.

Eldonbraun

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 07:25:1014-12-2005
aan
see...@alexandria.cc wrote:
> It's going to be kind of hard to refund an anonymous person who hasn't
> requested refund--or should SE just send the check to you?
Hari, I think you probably already know who this is. But I can put you
in touch with a mediator or attoryey who will handle it. First of all,
however, you need to get the advice of the Senior Avatar Council, don't
you? Had that meeting yet?

Eldonbraun

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 07:29:0314-12-2005
aan

Well Alrick, maybe I'll contact some of these people myself. I've got a
clear phone connection from Paris, so no problem about doing a call-in
radio interview with V. AND myself. Thanks for the suggestion. BTW, she
really doesn't object to going public.

see...@alexandria.cc

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 07:29:0414-12-2005
aan
Yea, Alrick, let's blame, humiliate and hurt Star's Edge. I'm sure that
will make everything better for you.

(Basher: A person who, with or without justification, DESIRES to blame,
humiliate, and hurt others.)

"Desires" is the key word.

Eldonbraun

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 07:35:2614-12-2005
aan
That seens to describe the behavior of Avra, Susan and Kayt during this
encounter. What about (Ripoff artist....). Got a good definition for
that?

see...@alexandria.cc

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 07:47:2514-12-2005
aan
How about an example of ripoff?

>From Joint Final Pre-Trial Statement: [Braun published the Source
Course because he saw a "marketing opportunity" and a "way to make
money" for himself by selling the Source Course to Avatar students.]

Alrick

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 07:52:5214-12-2005
aan
Some people would call that "projection".

The Seeker is an interesting archetype, and it also has its shadow
aspects, one of them seeming to be "spiritual materialism":

Seeker (Wanderer, Vagabond, Nomad)

This archetype refers to one who searches on a path that may begin with
earthly
curiosity but has at its core the search for God and/or enlightenment.
Unlike
the Mystic, which has the Divine as its sole focus, the Seeker is in
search of
wisdom and truth wherever it is to be found. The shadow side of the
archetype is
the "lost soul," someone on an aimless journey without direction,
ungrounded,
disconnected from goals and others. The shadow emerges when seekers
become
infatuated with the trappings of a certain practice or guru--what
Chögyam
Trungpa so aptly called "spiritual materialism"--but never actually
change their
underlying egocentricity.

Films: Tyrone Power in The Razor's Edge; Brad Pitt in Seven Years in
Tibet;
Peter Weller and Judy Davis in The New Age (shadow); Ellen Burstyn in
Alice
Doesn't Live Here Anymore; Henry Fonda in The Grapes of Wrath.

Drama: A Doll's House (Nora) by Henik Ibsen

Fiction: Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse; Lost Horizon by James Hilton.

Autobiography: Bound for Glory by Woody Guthrie; My Experiments with
Truth by
Mahatma Gandhi; Be Here Now by Ram Dass; Longing for Darkness by China
Galland.

Religion/Myth: Arjuna (who questions his role in life in the
Bhagavad-Gita);
Siddhartha Gautama (before his enlightenment as the Buddha, Siddhartha
undertook
the classic path of the Seeker).

Alrick

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 08:04:4814-12-2005
aan
And while we're at it, here are Trickster, Vampire and Victim:

Trickster (Puck, Provocateur)

Almost as far back as our earliest written records, the Trickster
appears as a key figure in the human drama. According to the great
historian of religion Mircea Eliade, a Trickster is a human or animal
character that plays dubious jokes or tricks, makes fun or is made fun
of, and may be camouflaged as one of the demigods of a religious
tradition. The serpent who tempts Eve in the Bible was based on similar
characters in Sumerian and Babylonian mythology from the third
millennium B.C., in which a serpent tricks humanity out of the gift of
immortality and assumes it for itself. (Observing snakes shedding their
skin led some to believe that the reptile was capable of renewing its
life indefinitely.) In many cultures, though, especially among Native
Americans, the Trickster can also be the Creator's helper or messenger.

Like the Prostitute and Servant archetypes, the Trickster seems at
first to have only negative connotations, but it can be a great ally in
presenting you with alternatives to the straight and narrow path, to
people and institutions who seek to hem you in through peer pressure
and conformism. The best modern illustration of this dual role show up
in the film work of Jack Nicholson and Groucho Marx. Although the
characters they portray are often unsavory or duplicitous on some
level, their antics can also be liberating by transcending convention,
stuffiness, and predictable behavior.

Films: Barbara Stanwyck in The Lady Eve; Wilfred Bramble (Grandfather)
in A Hard Day's Night; Peter Cook in Bedazzled; Michael Caine, Steve
Martin, and Glenne Headley in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Drama: The Matchmaker by Thornton Wilder.

Fiction: The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike.

Religion/Myth: Kaulu (Polynesian trickster god); Blue-Jay (among
Pacific Northwest Indians, a trickster who tries to the other animals);
Spider Woman (trickster among the Dakota Indian tribes); Seth (ancient
Egyptian god of chaos and adversity); Esu (West African god of passage
and trickster who guards the home of the gods).

Fairy Tales: Little Red Riding Hood, The Fox and the Grapes, The
Gingerbread Man.

Vampire

The Vampire is a mythic creature associated with both blood-sucking and
eroticism. Vampires require blood, which they get by biting the neck of
their victims during a nocturnal visit. The female victim has been
portrayed in the paradoxical circumstances of wanting to repel the
Vampire while at the same time welcoming the erotic nature of the
connection. The Vampire returns every evening to his source of life
until there is no more to be had. The parallels between human lust and
vampiric blood-lust are rich: as the Vampire satisfies his thirst for
blood, his host grows increasingly helpless and submissive, eventually
being drained of any capacity for self-protection. Symbolically, this
relationship speaks of the power dynamics that frequently drive
male-female relationships, in which the male drains the power of the
female for his own psychic survival, and, once bitten, the female
submits even though this will eventually take all of her power. (In
some relationships, of course, the roles can easily become reversed.)

Beyond the sexual level, we sometimes form psychic attachments to
others because we desire their energy, a desire that manifests through
a need for approval, a need to have the "other" take care of our
survival, and a fear of being abandoned. What has been defined as a
co-dependent relationship could easily fall under the Vampire template.
You may find it hard to identify yourself as a Vampire, yet it is
essential to review this archetype personally. Patterns of behavior
such as chronic complaining, over-dependency, holding on to a
relationship emotionally or psychically long after it has ended, and
chronic power struggles are all indicators of Vampire patterns. Holding
onto someone on the psychic level is as real as holding on to them on
the physical.

Interest in the Vampire archetype has re-emerged through the literary
and entertainment fields. It may well be that the archetypal opening of
humanity's psyche during these past five decades has resurrected the
Vampire, empowering it with a force on the psychic plane of
consciousness that was not engaged prior to this time.

Films: Bela Lugosi in Dracula; Tom Cruise in Interview with a Vampire.

Fiction: Dracula by Bram Stoker; The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice;
"The Vampyre: A Tale" by John Polidori.

Religion/Myth: Vlad Tepes, aka Vlad The Impaler (in fifteenth-century
Walachia--in modern Romania--a bloodthirsty count who reportedly
impaled and beheaded his enemies); Langsoir (Malayan vampire, a woman
who died in childbirth and now assaults infants and children).

Victim (see text for extended discussion)

The negative traits of the Victim are self-evident. But when properly
recognized, it can be a tremendous aid in letting us know when we are
in danger of letting ourselves be victimized, often through passivity
but also through rash or inappropriate actions. It can also help us to
see our own tendency to victimize others for personal gain. In its
shadow aspect, the Victim shows us that we may like to play the Victim
at times because of the positive feedback we get in the form of
sympathy or pity. Our goal is always to learn how to recognize these
inappropriate attitudes in ourselves or others, and to act accordingly.

Films: Hillary Swank in Boys Don't Cry; Jodie Foster in The Accused;
Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice; Glenn Close in Reversal of Fortune;

Fiction: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert L. Stevenson; Misery by
Stephen ing.

Drama: Torch Song Trilogy by Harvey Fierstein

Religion/Myth: Isaac (son of Abraham whom God orders Abraham to
sacrifice); Heracles (seized by Busiris, mythical king of Egypt who
sacrificed all strangers to the gods to avert famine, Heracles avoided
being victimized by using his great strength to break his chains and
slay Busiris).

www.myss.com

Eldonbraun

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 09:35:5614-12-2005
aan
Quotes are obviously gratuitous here, Hari, but this is more or less
true. So what? Now, didn't you assemble the Avatar Course because you
saw a marketing opportunity and a way to make money for youreslf by
selling the Avatar Course to Scientology students?

see...@alexandria.cc

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 10:09:2614-12-2005
aan
I think Harry answered your question in Chapter 5-7 of LIVING
DELIBERATELY.

But for gratuitous quotes, I like this 11/20/2000 one from you:

"I see that your "in-house legal counsel" has perused the Source
Course. I hoped she had enough brain cells working to determine at a
glance that there is no conceivable copyright violation, but I guess
not. She needs help from an attorney who hasn't done Wizards. The inane
notice she sent via e-mail is fatally flawed in at least two respects.
In what state did she pass the Bar, anyway--Arkansas or West Virginia,
perhaps? Is she qualified to practice in California? Just wondered."

I hear you're giving Ron and Jetta legal advice. Kewl!

see...@alexandria.cc

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 10:20:0714-12-2005
aan
I've also got a soft spot for US Copyright law 18 USCS c 2319 Criminal
Infringement of a copyright

"(1) shall be imprisoned not more than 5 years..."
"(2) shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years...if the offense is a
second subsequent offense."

It really sets me a twitter.

waynemcmahon

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 10:52:4014-12-2005
aan
Oh man. When I first read that post from Eldon, I KNEW he'd get his ass
handed to him in shreds.

Now he's just another credit card deadbeat. Bankrupt. Publically shamed,
and hoist on his own petard.

What a pity that justice exists, huh Elton?

You looking for another shot at the title, kid? I'd do a lot more work
with the speed bag, boy, because I don't think Penny will give up her
trophy real soon: your head on a pike.

Several years ago someone had posted this would resolve when you went to
prison. I'm warming to the idea.

Eldonbraun

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 10:55:3014-12-2005
aan
waynemcmahon wrote:
> Oh man. When I first read that post from Eldon, I KNEW he'd get his ass
> handed to him in shreds.
>
> Now he's just another credit card deadbeat. Bankrupt. Publically shamed,
> and hoist on his own petard.
>
> What a pity that justice exists, huh Elton?
>
> You looking for another shot at the title, kid? I'd do a lot more work
> with the speed bag, boy, because I don't think Penny will give up her
> trophy real soon: your head on a pike.
Penny? Funny you should mention her. I hear her departure from Star's
Edge six months ago was not exactly without some differences. But more
on that later.

Gavin...@gmail.com

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 11:57:4114-12-2005
aan
Eldon wrote:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, that is a very good idea. I'll be interested to see what Harry has
to say about this. Even though he claims this student was "spotted" by
Avra, I wonder if that only conviently happens AFTER they get the
persons three thousand dollars?

Eldonbraun

ongelezen,
14 dec. 2005 12:09:4714-12-2005
aan
Damn right! That is the sequence. Nothing is more important than
getting the money first. The second most important thing is to keep it
no matter what. After that, not much else matters.

Didn't Scientology teach you about that "Scale of Havingness?" It's
pretty simple. Hahahaha.

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen