Avatar and depression

curious...@yahoo.com

Jan 13, 2012, 10:52:26 AM1/13/12
I have a follow up question to the group.

I have done some homework since last time. I've looked through
whatever avatar materials are availble through legal channels, I've
read a book by anti cult guy about cults and I have engaged some of my
family members in discussions. Next on my list is a book about
scientology. (Any suggesions?)

Now the question I have is more of a personal nature. What about
Avatar for people who suffer from depression? Star's Edge obviously
does not publish their success rates or their selection criteria or
any data regarding the claims made on their website. So does anyone
have any idea how people who are clinicly depressed or have bipolar
disorder will react to Avatar course. Assume they have gone all the
way through the wizards.

Thanks

Grace

Jan 13, 2012, 12:13:14 PM1/13/12
Curious,

One of the members of my group was a lady of about 50 years old. She
was a recent divorcee whose settlement was close to $500,000. She was
someone who had done many courses before Avatar and had done the first
two sections while vacationing in one of the western states. So on my
course she was reviewing the first two sections and doing the third.
She had bi-polar depression and one of the reasons (she had many) was
to end her need to take the medication for her depression. The
medication had the side effect of short-term memory loss.

As I have stated before I became friends with almost everyone on my
original course, so I kept in touch with almost everyone.

This person told me after the course that the "Master" had told her
she didn't have bi-polar depression but was just a highly sensitive
person. So she went off of her medication and ended up in a mania
state. In the mania she lent most of her money to a family member,
squandered the rest and ended up running her car into pole. She was
put into a crisis center for women and I have to say this might have
been a good thing because she was put on different medication which
seemed to be better for her. After the crisis center she went to live
in low-income housing and had to use welfare to survive.

She moved a number of years ago to live by one of her sons so I no
longer see her. I have received letters from her that she is doing
well.

At one point in time she had talked about sueing Stars Edge. Knowing
what I do now, I wish she had.

People who are depressed who do Avatar do experience temporary
relief. The course produces a hypnotic trance state high. When this
high wears off, if there's no one to guide this person to seek
professional help, they may return to doing another course, and thus a
cycle begins.

Avatar is no cure for depression. It's no cure for addictions and
it's no cure for any kind of physical maladies. It's a temporary feel
good high.

grace

Grace

Jan 13, 2012, 1:28:26 PM1/13/12
On Jan 13, 12:13 pm, Grace <cclip...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Avatar is no cure for depression.  It's no cure for addictions and
> it's no cure for any kind of physical maladies.  It's a temporary feel
> good high.
>
> grace- Hide quoted text -

And I currently I do not believe the CHP is a "workable" technique for
changing thoughts or feelings. Using the CHP creates a highly
dissasoociated state and there should be a warning to all user before
they are taught the technique.

Of course, and I was thinking about this the other night, how does one
explain the concept of being outside (disassociated) of a creation.
That is one of the steps of the CHP. On my course it was done by
drawing a circle with an X in the middle and then with a line showing
the X outside of the circle. Sort of crazy....

grace

curious...@yahoo.com

Jan 13, 2012, 5:30:26 PM1/13/12
@ Grace

Thanks for sharing Grace... your story is eerily familiar (financially
speaking) to my own situation and unfortunately not very encouraging.
I would say I am more determined now to continue my intervention
approach. I am starting to think that without an adequate alternative
to avatar's highs I will have very little success, I think my next
step will be to find a mental health professional that can be that
alternative.... not sure where to start since my family member is also
a big skeptic of conventional medicine, and taking medication.

-george

Grace

Jan 13, 2012, 9:09:48 PM1/13/12
Curious,

If your family member is having problems with depression then the best
thing for them is to get them professional care.

I do not like conventional medicine or taking pharmaceuticals either,
but I'm big on figuring stuff out. I've experimented with
supplementation for the last couple of years and have experienced an
amazing return of up moods and energy.

To be honest I didn't realize how unhappy I was until I started
feeling good again. This is the catch 22. You don't know how bad it
is until you get to good.

I know I've looked in my corner of the woods for a qualified
professional who knew what I've learned by reading different books and
from articles in magazines and internet. My search has turned up one
doctor who if he had the time would like to treat patients
holistically. My next step is to see a naturalpath. I'm hoping she
will know more than I.

I know how hard it will be for you to find some one to treat your
family member without pharmaceuticals.

You have a double challenge, I don't envy you.

grace

DRQUACKY

Oct 16, 2012, 10:49:40 PM10/16/12

DRQUACKY

Oct 16, 2012, 10:50:38 PM10/16/12

DRQUACKY

Oct 16, 2012, 11:04:55 PM10/16/12
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:50:38 PM UTC-7, DRQUACKY wrote:
> On Friday, January 13, 2012 7:52:26 AM UTC-8, (unknown) wrote:
>
> > I have a follow up question to the group.
> i hope this is a now yes y y y 2 all q

kcass...@hotmail.com

Oct 17, 2012, 4:49:35 AM10/17/12
On Friday, January 13, 2012 7:52:26 AM UTC-8, (unknown) wrote:
yer depressed boo hoo grow the fuck up asshole

kcass...@hotmail.com

Oct 25, 2012, 1:32:51 AM10/25/12
sorry , my patience sometimes gets thin...