Day 270 of My second Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Sep 27, 2022, 6:16:14 PM9/27/22
Day 271, 27 September 2022

1) Mark 1:14-15
Matthew 4:12-17
Luke 3:23-38
John 4:46-54
Luke 4:16-30
Mark 1:16-20
Matthew 4:18-22
Mark 1:21-28
Luke 4:31-37
Mark 1:29-34
Matthew 8:14-17
Luke 4:38-41
Mark 1:35-39
Luke 4:42-44
Matthew 4:23-25

Mark 1:14-15

The Beginning of the Galilean Ministry

Mt 4:12-17; Lk 4:14-15

14 (Mt 4:12; 4:23) After John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee
preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 (Gal 4:4; Ac 20:21; Eph 1:10) saying, "The time is fulfilled,
and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe the gospel."

[14] Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee,
preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
[15] And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:
repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Matthew 4:12-17

The Beginning of the Galilean Ministry

Mk 1:14-15; Lk 4:14-15
12 (Mk 1:14; Lk 3:20; 4:14) Now when Jesus heard that John
was put in prison, He left for Galilee.
13 (Mk 1:21; Jn 4:46) And leaving Nazareth, He came and lived
in Capernaum, which is by the sea, in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali,
14 (Mt 1:22) that what was spoken by Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled,
saying:
15 "The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles:
16 (Lk 2:32; Job 3:5) The people who sat in darkness
saw great light.
And on those who sat in the land of the shadow of death,
light has dawned."
17 (Mt 3:2; Mk 1:14-15) From that time Jesus began to preach, saying,
"Repent! For the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

[12] Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed
into Galilee;
[13] And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the
sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:
[14] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet,
saying,
[15] The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea,
beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
[16] The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat
in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
[17] From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the
kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 3:23-38

The Genealogy of Jesus

Mt 1:1-17

23 (Mt 13:55; Nu 4:3) Now Jesus Himself began His ministry
at about thirty years of age, being, as was supposed, the son of Joseph,
who was the son of Heli,
24 who was the son of Matthat,
who was the son of Levi, who was the son of Melchi,
who was the son of Jannai, who was the son of Joseph,
25 who was the son of Mattathias, who was the son of Amos,
who was the son of Nahum, who was the son of Esli,
who was the son of Naggai,
26 who was the son of Maath,
who was the son of Mattathias, who was the son of Semein,
who was the son of Josech, who was the son of Joda,
27 (Mt 1:12) who was the son of Joanan, who was the son of Rhesa,
who was the son of Zerubbabel, who was the son of Shealtiel,
who was the son of Neri,
28 who was the son of Melchi,
who was the son of Addi, who was the son of Cosam,
who was the son of Elmadam, who was the son of Er,
29 who was the son of Joshua, who was the son of Eliezer,
who was the son of Jorim, who was the son of Matthat,
who was the son of Levi,
30 who was the son of Simeon,
who was the son of Judah, who was the son of Joseph,
who was the son of Jonan, who was the son of Eliakim,
31 (2Sa 5:14; 1Ch 3:5) who was the son of Melea, who was the son of Menna,
who was the son of Mattatha, who was the son of Nathan,
who was the son of David,
32 (Ru 4:18-22; 1Ch 2:10-15) who was the son of Jesse,
who was the son of Obed, who was the son of Boaz,
who was the son of Salmon, who was the son of Nahshon,
33 (Ru 4:19-20) who was the son of Amminadab, who was the son of Ram,
who was the son of Hezron, who was the son of Perez,
who was the son of Judah,
34 (Ge 21:3; 25:26) who was the son of Jacob,
who was the son of Isaac, who was the son of Abraham,
who was the son of Terah, who was the son of Nahor,
35 who was the son of Serug, who was the son of Reu,
who was the son of Peleg, who was the son of Eber,
who was the son of Shelah,
36 who was the son of Cainan,
who was the son of Arphaxad, who was the son of Shem,
who was the son of Noah, who was the son of Lamech,
37 who was the son of Methuselah, who was the son of Enoch,
who was the son of Jared, who was the son of Mahalalel,
who was the son of Cainan,
38 who was the son of Enosh,
who was the son of Seth, who was the son of Adam,
who was the son of God.

[23] And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was
supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
[24] Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the
son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
[25] Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was
the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,
[26] Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was
the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,
[27] Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the
son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,
[28] Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the
son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,
[29] Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the
son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,
[30] Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the
son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,
[31] Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the
son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,
[32] Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the
son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
[33] Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the
son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,
[34] Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the
son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
[35] Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the
son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
[36] Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was
the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
[37] Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was
the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
[38] Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son
of Adam, which was the son of God.

John 4:46-54

The Healing of the Nobleman's Son

Mt 8:5-13; Lk 7:1-10

46 (Jn 2:1-11) So Jesus came again to Cana of Galilee where He had made
the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman whose son
was sick in Capernaum.
47 (Jn 4:3; 4:54) When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea
into Galilee, he went to Him, pleading that He would come down
and heal his son, for he was at the point of death.
48 (Ac 2:22; 1Co 1:22) Then Jesus said to him, "Unless you see signs
and wonders, you will not believe."
49 The nobleman said to Him, "Sir, come down before my child dies."
50 (Mt 8:13) Jesus said to him, "Go your way. Your son lives."
And the man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him, and he went his way.
51 While he was going down, his servants met him
and told him, "Your son lives!"
52 When he inquired of them the hour when he began to heal, they answered,
"Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him."
53 (Ac 11:14; 16:34) Then the father knew that it was at the same hour
in which Jesus said to him, "Your son lives."
So he and his whole household believed.
54 This was the second sign that Jesus did
when He had come from Judea to Galilee.

[46] So Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee, where he made the water wine.
And there was a certain nobleman, whose son was sick at Capernaum.
[47] When he heard that Jesus was come out of Judaea into Galilee, he went
unto him, and besought him that he would come down, and heal his son: for he
was at the point of death.
[48] Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not
believe.
[49] The nobleman saith unto him, Sir, come down ere my child die.
[50] Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed
the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way.
[51] And as he was now going down, his servants met him, and told him,
saying, Thy son liveth.
[52] Then inquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. And they said
unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.
[53] So the father knew that it was at the same hour, in the which Jesus
said unto him, Thy son liveth: and himself believed, and his whole house.
[54] This is again the second miracle that Jesus did, when he was come out
of Judaea into Galilee.

Luke 4:16-30

The Rejection of Jesus at Nazareth

Mt 13:53-58; Mk 6:1-6

16 (Lk 2:51; 2:39) He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up.
And as His custom was, He went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day.
And He stood up to read.
17 The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. When He had unrolled
the scroll, He found the place where it was written:
18 (Mt 11:5; Ps 146:7-8; Isa 42:7) "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
because He has anointed Me
to preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the broken-hearted,
to preach deliverance to the captives
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 Isa 61:2 to preach the acceptable year of the Lord."
20 (Lk 4:17; Mt 26:55) Then He rolled up the scroll, and He gave it back
to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of all those who were
in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
21 And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture is fulfilled
in your hearing."
22 (Jn 6:42; Ps 45:2) All bore witness to Him, and wondered
at the gracious words which came from His mouth.
Then they said, "Is this not Joseph's son?"
23 (Mt 4:13; Mk 6:1) He said to them, "You will surely say to Me this proverb,
'Physician, heal Yourself. Whatever we have heard done in Capernaum,
do also here in Your country.' "
24 (Mt 13:57; Jn 4:44) He also said, "Truly, I say to you,
no prophet is accepted in his own country.
25 (1Ki 17:1; Jas 5:17) But I tell you truthfully, many widows were
in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heavens were closed
for three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land.
26 Yet to none of them was Elijah sent except to Zarephath, a city of Sidon,
to a woman who was a widow.
27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet.
But none of them was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian."
28 All those in the synagogue, when they heard these things,
were filled with wrath.
29 (Nu 15:35) They rose up and thrust Him out of the city
and led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built,
that they might throw Him down headlong.
30 (Jn 10:39; 8:59 ) But passing through the midst of them, He went His way.

[16] And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his
custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for
to read.
[17] And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And
when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
[18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to
preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the
brokenhearted, to
preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the
blind, to
set at liberty them that are bruised,
[19] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
[20] And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat
down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on
him.
[21] And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in
your ears.
[22] And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which
proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
[23] And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb,
Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do
also here in thy country.
[24] And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own
country.
[25] But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of
Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great
famine was throughout all the land;
[26] But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of
Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
[27] And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and
none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
[28] And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were
filled with wrath,
[29] And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow
of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down
headlong.
[30] But he passing through the midst of them went his way,

Mark 1:16-20

The Calling of the First Disciples

Mt 4:18-22; Lk 5:1-11
16 (Mt 4:18-22; Jn 1:40-42) As He walked by the Sea of Galilee,
He saw Simon and Andrew, his brother, throwing a net into the sea,
for they were fishermen.
17 Jesus said to them, "Come, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."
18 Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.
19 When He had gone a little farther from there, He saw James
the son of Zebedee and John, his brother, who also were in the boat mending
their nets.
20 Immediately He called them. And they left their father Zebedee
in the boat with the hired servants and followed Him.

[16] Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his
brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
[17] And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to
become fishers of men.
[18] And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.
[19] And when he had gone a little further thence, he saw James the son of
Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the ship mending their nets.
[20] And straightway he called them: and they left their father Zebedee in
the ship with the hired servants, and went after him.

Matthew 4:18-22

The Calling of the First Disciples

Mk 1:16-20; Lk 5:1-11

18 (Jn 1:40-42; Mt 15:29) As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee,
He saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother,
throwing a net into the sea, for they were fishermen.
19 And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."
20 They immediately left their nets and followed Him.
21 (Mt 10:2) And going on from there, He saw two other brothers,
James the son of Zebedee and John his brother,
in a boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and He called them.
22 They immediately left the boat and their father and followed Him.

[18] And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon
called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they
were fishers.
[19] And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
[20] And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
[21] And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of
Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending
their nets; and he called them.
[22] And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

Mark 1:21-28

The Man With an Unclean Spirit

Lk 4:31-37

21 (Mt 4:23; Mk 1:39) They went to Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath
He entered the synagogue and taught.
22 (Mt 7:28-29) They were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them
as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
23 In their synagogue there was a man with an unclean spirit.
24 (Ac 3:14; Mt 8:29; Lk 4:34) And he cried out, "Leave us alone! What do You
have to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us?
I know who You are, the Holy One of God."
25 (Mk 1:34) Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent and come out of him!"
26 (Mk 9:20; 9:26) When the unclean spirit had convulsed him
and cried out with a loud voice, it came out of him.
27 They were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves,
"What is this? What new teaching is this?
With authority He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him."
28 Immediately His fame spread everywhere throughout
the region surrounding Galilee.

[21] And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he
entered into the synagogue, and taught.
[22] And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one
that had authority, and not as the scribes.
[23] And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he
cried out,
[24] Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of
Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy
One of God.
[25] And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.
[26] And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice,
he came out of him.
[27] And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among
themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with
authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.
[28] And immediately his fame spread abroad throughout all the region round
about Galilee.

Luke 4:31-37

The Man With an Unclean Spirit

Mk 1:21-28

31 (Mt 4:13) Then He went down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee,
and was teaching them on the Sabbaths.
32 (Lk 4:36; Mt 7:28-29) They were astonished at His teaching,
for His word was with authority.
33 In the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit
of an unclean demon. And he cried out with a loud voice,
34 (Mk 1:24; Mt 8:29; Jas 2:19) "Leave us alone! What have You to do with us,
Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us?
I know who You are-the Holy One of God!"
35 (Lk 4:41; Mt 8:26) Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent,
and come out of him!" When the demon had thrown him down
in their midst, he came out of him and did not hurt him.
36 (Lk 4:32) They were all amazed and said among themselves,
"What a word this is! For with authority
and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out."
37 (Lk 4:14; Mt 9:26) And His fame went out to every place
in the surrounding countryside.

[31] And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the
sabbath days.
[32] And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.
[33] And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean
devil, and cried out with a loud voice,
[34] Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of
Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy
One of God.
[35] And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And
when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him
not.
[36] And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a
word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean
spirits, and they come out.
[37] And the fame of him went out into every place of the country round
about.

Mark 1:29-34

The Healing of Many People

Mt 8:14-17; Lk 4:38-41

29 (Mt 8:14-15; Lk 4:38-39) When He came out of the synagogue
with James and John, they went directly to the house of Simon and Andrew.
30 (1Co 9:5) The mother of Simon's wife lay sick with a fever,
and immediately they told Him of her.
31 (Ac 9:41) So He came and took her by the hand and lifted her up,
and immediately the fever left her. And she served them.
32 (Mt 8:16; Lk 4:40) In the evening, when the sun had set, they brought
to Him all who were sick and those who were possessed with demons.
33 The whole city was gathered at the door,
34 (Mk 3:12; Mt 4:23) and He healed many who were sick with various diseases
and cast out many demons. And He did not let the demons speak,
because they knew Him.

[29] And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered
into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.
[30] But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him
of her.
[31] And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and
immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.
[32] And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were
diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.
[33] And all the city was gathered together at the door.
[34] And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many
devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

Matthew 8:14-17

The Healing of Many People

Mk 1:29-34; Lk 4:38-41

14 (1Co 9:5) When Jesus entered Peter's house, He saw his wife's mother,
lying sick with a fever.
15 He touched her hand, and the fever left her. And she rose and served them.
16 When the evening came, they brought to Him many who were possessed
with demons. And He cast out the spirits with His word,
and healed all who were sick,
17 (Isa 53:4; Mt 1:22) to fulfill what was spoken by Isaiah the prophet,
"He Himself took our infirmities
and bore our sicknesses."[Isa 53:4].

[14] And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother
laid, and sick of a fever.
[15] And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and
ministered unto them.
[16] When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed
with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that
were sick:
[17] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet,
saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Luke 4:38-41

The Healing of Many People

Mt 8:14-17; Mk 1:29-34

38 (Mt 8:14-15; Mk 1:29-31) He went out of the synagogue
and entered Simon's house. Now Simon's mother-in-law was taken
ill with a high fever, and they asked Him about her.
39 (Lk 4:35; 8:24) So He stood over her and rebuked the fever,
and it left her. And immediately she rose and served them.
40 (Mt 8:16-17; Mk 1:32-34) Now when the sun was setting,
all those who had anyone sick with various diseases brought
them to Him. And He laid His hands on every one of them
and healed them.
41 (Mk 1:34; 3:11) And demons came out of many, crying out,
"You are the Christ, the Son of God!" But He rebuked them
and did not permit them to speak, because they knew that
He was the Christ.

Mark 1:35-39

A Preaching Tour

Lk 4:42-44
35 (Lk 6:12; Eph 6:18)In the morning, rising up a great while before sunrise,
He went out and departed to a solitary place. And there He prayed.
36 Simon and those who were with Him followed Him,
37 (Jn 12:19) and when they found Him, they said to Him,
"Everyone is searching for You."
38 He said to them, "Let us go into the nearby towns,
that I may preach there also. For that is why I have come."
39 (Mt 4:23; Mk 1:21) So He preached in their synagogues throughout Galilee
and cast out demons.

[35] And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out,
and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
[36] And Simon and they that were with him followed after him.
[37] And when they had found him, they said unto him, All men seek for thee.
[38] And he said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach
there also: for therefore came I forth.
[39] And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast
out devils.

Luke 4:42-44

Preaching in the Synagogues

Mk 1:35-39

42 When it was day He departed and went into a remote place.
And searching for Him, the people came to Him and tried
to prevent Him from leaving them.
43 But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God
to other cities also, for this is why I was sent."
44 (Mt 4:23; Mk 1:39) And He was preaching in the synagogues
of Galilee.

[42] And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the
people sought him, and came unto him, and stayed him, that he should not
depart from them.
[43] And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities
also: for therefore am I sent.
[44] And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.

Matthew 4:23-25

Ministering to Great Crowds

Lk 6:17-19

23 (Mt 9:35; 13:54; Mk 1:21) Jesus went throughout all Galilee teaching
in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom,
and healing all kinds of sickness and all sorts of diseases among the people.
24 (Mt 8:6; 17:15) His fame went throughout all Syria. And they brought
to Him all sick people who were taken with various diseases
and tormented with pain, those who were possessed with demons,
those who had seizures, and those who had paralysis, and He healed them.
25 (Lk 6:17; Mk 5:20) Great crowds followed Him from Galilee, the Decapolis,
Jerusalem, Judea, and from beyond the Jordan.

[23] And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and
preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and
all manner of disease among the people.
[24] And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all
sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those
which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those
that had the palsy; and he healed them.
[25] And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and
from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

2) Our Daily Bread for 27 September 2022
Entitled "God's Help for Our Future" </a>

Psalm 90:12-17

12 So teach us to number our days,
that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.
13 Return, O Lord, how long?
Have mercy on Your servants.
14 Satisfy us in the early morning with Your mercy,
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
15 Make us glad according to the days that You have afflicted us,
and the years that we have seen evil.
16 Let Your work be displayed to Your servants
and Your glory to their children.
17 Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
and establish the work of our hands among us;
yes, establish the work of our hands.

12 So teach us to number our days,
That we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
13 Return, O LORD, how long?
And let it repent thee concerning thy servants.
14 O satisfy us early with thy mercy;
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
15 Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us,
And the years wherein we have seen evil.
16 Let thy work appear unto thy servants,
And thy glory unto their children.
17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us:
And establish thou the work of our hands upon us;
Yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

According to psychologist Meg Jay, our minds tend to think about our future
selves similarly to how we think about complete strangers. Why? It's probably
due to what's sometimes called the "empathy gap." It can be hard to empathise
and care for people we don't know personally-even future versions of
ourselves. So in her work, Jay tries to help young people imagine their future
selves and take steps to care for them. This includes working out actionable
plans for who they will one day be-paving the way for them to pursue their
dreams and to continue to thrive.

In Psalm 90, we're invited to see our lives not just in the present, but as a
whole-to ask God to help us "number our days, that we may gain a heart of
wisdom" (v. 12). Remembering that our time on earth is limited can remind us
of our desperate need to rely on God. We need His help to learn how to find
satisfaction and joy-not just now, but "all our days" (v. 14). We need His
help to learn to think not just of ourselves, but of future generations (v.
16). And we need His help to serve Him with the time we've been given-as He
establishes the work of our hands and hearts (v. 17).

By: Monica La Rose

Reflect & Pray

How might you grow in taking care of your future self? How does keeping
the bigger picture of your life in view help you to better serve others?

Dear God, thank You for the gift of life. Help me
to cherish it with the time I’ve been given. Thank You that when my walk
with You on earth is over, I can look forward to an eternity of fellowship
with You.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 6 Showing Grace to Others - Day 3 The Kind Heart of Forgiveness

Eph 4:32

32 (2Co 2:10; Col 3:12-13; Mt 6:12) And be kind one to another,
tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you.

32 and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Don had lost his job because he stood against his boss and refused to
compromise his Christian principles. Certain friends in the company had
turned against him, choosing to save their own jobs at any cost,
and he felt very alone, abandoned when he most needed the support
of those who cared.
But Don showed no signs of bitterness or unforgiveness. He refused to
recite the details of his firing to those around him, saying simply and
honestly, " I believe my boss was wrong in what he did. But God can show
him." The kindness of Don's heart ., and the tenderness with which he
extended forgiveness, became a testimony to all who knew him. Don's
boss never "saw the light", never repented, but Don lived in the freedom of
forgiving.
Comparison is a rare commodity among Christains today. We seem to be
overstocked with judgment and crammed full of condemnation, but we have
little space in the corners of our lives for tenderheartedness. We are quick
to assume that we know another person's heart and have the remedy for
the problem, rather then giving that person the benefit of the doubt,
the room to grow, the freedom to make a mistake and seek forgiveness.
Jesus demonstrated the king compassion necessary in forgiveness when he
looked down at the soldiers who has crucified him, gambling at his feet
for his cloak, and said, "Father , forgive them, for they do not know what
are doing."
When others hurt and betray us, they often "do not know what they are
doing." we can, in Christ, offer compassionate forgiveness to them -
not condoning their actions or excusing their wrong, but forgiving ,
in the simplicity and purity of God's love.

Application

a) What is the difference between excusing a wrong and forgiving?

b) How has God forgiven me for Christ's sake?

c) What does today's verse tell me about my attitude in forgiveness?

) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Haggai 2:7-9

7 (1Ki 8:11; Isa 60:7) And I will shake all the nations,
and they will come with the wealth of all nations,
and I will fill this house with glory, says the Lord of Hosts.
8 (Isa 60:17) The silver is mine, and the gold is Mine,
says the Lord of Hosts.
9 (Isa 9:6-7) The glory of this latter house will be greater
than the former, says the Lord of Hosts. And in this place
I will give peace, says the Lord of Hosts.

7 and I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations
shall come: and I will fill this house with glory,
saith the LORD of hosts.
8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine,
saith the LORD of hosts.
9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater
than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place
will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

God's Help in Times of Temptation

James 1:12-18

Trial and Temptation

12 (Jas 2:5; 1Co 9:25; 2Ti 4:8) Blessed is the man who endures temptation,
for when he is tried, he will receive the crown of life,
which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God,"
for God cannot be tempted with evil; neither does He tempt anyone.
14 But each man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust and enticed.
15 (Job 15:35; Ps 7:14) Then, when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin;
and when sin is finished, it brings forth death.
16 (Jas 1:19; 2:5) Do not err, my beloved brothers.
17 (Mal 3:6; Nu 23:19; Jn 3:27) Every good gift and every perfect gift
is from above and comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom is no change or shadow of turning.
18 (1Pe 1:23; Jn 1:13; Rev 14:4) Of His own will He brought us forth with
the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of His creatures.

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried,
he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised
to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God:
for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust,
and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin:
and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness,
neither shadow of turning.
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth,
that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2022 edition?)

Nova Scotia

Total population 942700
Muslim population (est.) 14629

With 6 of the Nova Scotia's 10 universities located in Halifax, there is
a high concentration of Muslin international students in the area,
a harvest field in itself.
Pray for Nova Scotia and her Muslim populations

- in and around Halifax and other cities

- on university campuses

- for new workers among Muslims

- for pastors and churches to be bold in vision, passion and outreach
to Muslims in their areas.

- for Muslims who are searching for a better way to find a Christian friend
to share Jesus with and disciple them

- for Muslim-background believers to be both wise and bold in sharing their
new faith in Jesus with other Muslims

Halifax is the centre of Muslim activity for the Province of Nova Scotia
with at least 10 Islamic centres (mosques) and musallas
(prayer locations, especially for Friday prayer). And there are other mosques
in Chebucto, Kearney Lake, Dartmouth, Bedford and Truro.

Though the original community of Muslims was primarily composed of
newcomers from Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India, continued immigration
has further diversified this community. Anf it is said thay Arabic
is the second most spoken language in Halifax.

while conservative estimates place the number of Muslims at almost 15000
in 2014, the Imama of a primary Halifax mosque estimates their population
somewhere between 25000 to 30000.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 27 of the Month

a) Pray that God's Spirit will melt the pride that causes many to
hold to wrong opinions of Christ and His Salvation.

(

2 Cor 10:4-5

4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,
but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds,
5 casting down imaginations and every high thing
that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

4 (for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,
but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5casting down imaginations, and every high thing
that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

)

b) Pray that the Lord will awaken a desire in the hearts of those who
are lost to seek Him and to seek The Truth.

Pray to the Lord and pray to accept his gift of Salvation and never to
reject Him.

Pray to the Lord: "Dear God, thank You for the gift of life. Help me
to cherish it with the time I’ve been given. Thank You that when my walk
with You on earth is over, I can look forward to an eternity of fellowship
with You."

Pray to the Lord and pray to have an attitude of forgiveness.

Pray to the Lord and remember everything belongs to Him.

Pray to the Lord and pray to give Him all your temptations .

[...]

Pray for Christians who have been arrested in Somaliland, and for their
concerned families.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Quebec oubliez les extremes et votez PLQ Beware https://mindspring.com