Day 273 of my second Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Sep 30, 2022, 4:47:26 PM9/30/22
Day 273, 30 September 2022

1) Mark 3:7-19
Luke 6:12-16
Matthew 5:1-12
Luke 6:17-26
Matthew 5:13-48
Luke 6:27-36
Matthew 6:1-4

Mark 3:7-19

The Crowd at the Seaside

7 (Mt 4:25; Lk 6:17) Jesus withdrew with His disciples to the sea.
And a great crowd followed Him from Galilee and Judea
8 (Eze 35:15; Isa 34:5) and Jerusalem, and Idumea, and from beyond the Jordan.
And those from Tyre and Sidon, a great crowd, when they heard
what great things He did, came to Him.
9 He told the disciples to have a small boat ready for Him
because of the crowd, lest they should crush Him.
10 (Mt 14:36; Mk 6:56) For He had healed many, so that all who had diseases
pressed on Him to touch Him.
11 (Mt 4:3; 14:33) When unclean spirits saw Him, they fell down before Him,
crying out, "You are the Son of God."
12 (Mt 12:16; Mk 1:25) But He sternly ordered them not to make Him known.

The Choosing of the Twelve Apostles
Mt 10:1-4; Lk 6:12-16

13 He went up into the mountain and called to Him those whom He desired,
and they came to Him.
14 He ordained twelve to be with Him, and to be sent out to preach,
15 and to have authority to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons:
16 (Jn 1:42; Ac 1:13) Simon, whom He named Peter;
17 James, the son of Zebedee, and John, the brother of James,
whom he surnamed Boa­nerges (meaning Sons of Thunder);
18 (Ac 1:13; Mk 2:14; Mt 9:9) Andrew,and Philip, and Bartholomew,
and Matthew, and Thomas; and James the son of Alphaeus;
and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Zealot;
19 and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him.

[7] But Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: and a great
multitude from Galilee followed him, and from Judaea,
[8] And from Jerusalem, and from Idumaea, and from beyond Jordan; and they
about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great
things he did, came unto him.
[9] And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him
because of the multitude, lest they should throng him.
[10] For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to
touch him, as many as had plagues.
[11] And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and
cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.
[12] And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.
[13] And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would:
and they came unto him.
[14] And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might
send them forth to preach,
[15] And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:
[16] And Simon he surnamed Peter;
[17] And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he
surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder:
[18] And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and
James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,
[19] And Judas Iscariot, which also betrayed him: and they went into an
house.

Luke 6:12-16

The Choosing of the Twelve Apostles
Mt 10:1-4; Mk 3:13-19

12 (Mk 1:35) In these days He went out to the mountain to pray
and continued all night in prayer to God.
13 (Mk 6:7; 6:30) When it was day, He called for His disciples,
and of them He chose twelve, whom He named apostles:
14 (Ac 1:13; Mt 4:18) Simon, whom He named Peter, and Andrew his brother,
and James and John, and Philip and Bartholomew,
15 (Mt 9:9; Mk 3:18) and Matthew and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus,
and Simon called the Zealot,
16 (Jn 14:22) and Judas the son of James,
and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.

[12] And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to
pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
[13] And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he
chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;
[14] Simon, (whom he also named Peter,) and Andrew his brother, James and
John, Philip and Bartholomew,
[15] Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes,
[16] And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the
traitor.

Matthew 5:1-12

The Sermon on the Mount

(Mt 5-7)

1 (Mt 15:29; Mk 3:13) Now seeing the crowds, He went up on a mountain.
And when He sat down, His disciples came to Him.

The Beatitudes

Lk 6:20-23

2 (Mt 13:35; Ac 8:35) And He began speaking and taught them, saying:
3 (Isa 61:1; 66:2) "Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 (Isa 61:2-3; Rev 21:4) Blessed are those who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.
5 (Ps 37:11; Ro 4:13) Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.
6 (Jn 4:14; 6:48-58) Blessed are those who hunger
and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be filled.
7 (2Sa 22:26; Pr 11:17) Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.
8 (Ps 24:4; Heb 12:14) Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they shall see God.
9 (Mt 5:45; Lk 6:35) Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called the sons of God.
10 (Mt 5:3; Lk 6:22) Blessed are those who are persecuted
for righteousness' sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 (1Pe 4:14; Lk 6:22) "Blessed are you when men revile you,
and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
12 (Lk 6:23; Ac 5:41; 1Th 2:15) Rejoice and be very glad, because great is
your reward in heaven, for in this manner they persecuted the prophets
who were before you.

Matthew 5
[1] And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was
set, his disciples came unto him:
[2] And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
[3] Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[4] Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
[5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
[6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for
they shall be filled.
[7] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
[8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
[9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of
God.
[10] Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for
theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[11] Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall
say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
[12] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for
so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Luke 6:17-26

Ministering to a Great Crowd
Mt 4:23-25

17 (Mt 11:21) He came down with them and stood on a level place with a crowd
of His disciplesand a great crowd of people from all Judea and Jerusalem,
and from the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him
and be healed of their diseases,
18 including those who were vexed by unclean spirits. And they were healed.
19 (Mt 14:36; Mk 3:10) The whole crowd tried to touch Him, for power went out
from Him and healed them all.

Blessings and Woes
Mt 5:1-12

20 (Lk 12:32; Jas 2:5) He lifted up His eyes on His disciples, and said:
"Blessed are you poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 (Mt 5:4; Lk 6:25) Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you shall be filled.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you shall laugh.
22 (Mt 10:22; Jn 16:2) Blessed are you when men hate you,
and when they separate you from their company and insult you,
and cast out your name as evil,
on account of the Son of Man.
23 (Mt 5:12; 2Ch 36:16) "Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for indeed,
your reward is great in heaven. For in like manner their fathers treated
the prophets.
24 (Mt 6:2) "But woe to you who are rich,
for you have received your consolation.
25 (Isa 65:13; Pr 14:13; Jas 4:9) Woe to you who are filled,
for you shall hunger.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you shall mourn and weep.
26 (Isa 30:10; Jer 5:31) Woe to you, when all men speak well of you,
for so their fathers spoke of the false prophets.

[17] And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of
his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and
Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him,
and to be healed of their diseases;
[18] And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.
[19] And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out
of him, and healed them all.
[20] And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye
poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
[21] Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye
that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
[22] Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate
you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as
evil, for the Son of man's sake.
[23] Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is
great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
[24] But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
[25] Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that
laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
[26] Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their
fathers to the false prophets.

Matthew 5:13-48

Salt and Light

Mk 9:50; Lk 14:34-35

13 (Lev 2:13; Lk 14:34-35) "You are the salt of the earth.
But if the salt loses its saltiness, how shall it be made salty?
It is from then on good
for nothing but to be thrown out and to be trampled underfoot by men.
14 (Jn 8:12; Pr 4:18) "You are the light of the world.
A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
15 (Mk 4:21; Lk 8:16) Neither do men light a candle
and put it under a basket, but on a candlestick.
And it gives light to all who are in the house.
16 (1Pe 2:12; Mt 9:8; Jn 15:8) Let your light so shine before men
that they may see your good works and glorify your Father
who is in heaven.

Teaching About the Law

17 (Ro 3:31; Mt 7:12) "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law
or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill.
18 (Lk 16:17) For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away,
not one dot or one mark will pass from the law until all be fulfilled.
19 (Mt 11:11) Whoever, therefore, breaks one of the least of these
commandments and teaches others to do likewise shall be called the least
in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever does and teaches them shall
be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 (Php 3:9; Heb 12:14) For I say to you that unless your righteousness
exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will in
no way enter the kingdom of heaven.

Teaching About Anger

21 (Ex 20:13; Dt 5:17) "You have heard that it was said by the ancients,
'You shall not murder,'(Ex 20:13; Dt 5:17.) and 'Whoever murders shall be
in danger of the judgment.'
22 (Mt 10:28; 26:59) But I say to you that whoever is angry
with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.
And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca,' shall be in danger of the Sanhedrin.
But whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 (Mt 8:4; 23:19) "Therefore, if you bring your gift to the altar
and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24 (Mk 9:50; Ro 12:17-18) leave your gift there before the altar
and go on your way. First be reconciled to your brother,
and then come and offer your gift.
25 (Pr 25:8; Lk 12:58-59) “Reconcile with your adversary quickly,
while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you
to the judge, and the judge deliver you to the officer,
and you be thrown into prison.
26 (Mt 18:34; Lk 12:59) Truly I say to you, you will by no means
come out of there until you have paid the last penny. [Gk. kodrantes.]

Teaching About Adultery

27 (Ex 20:14; Dt 5:18) "You have heard that it was said by the ancients,
'You shall not commit adultery.' [Ex 20:14; Dt 5:18. 28Job 31:1; 2Sa 11:2]
But I say to you that whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has
committed adultery with her already in his heart.

[pornography, and strip clubs are part of an adultery industry]

29 [Mt 18:8-9; Mk 9:43-48] And if your right eye causes you to sin,
pluck it out and throw it away. For it is profitable that
one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body be
thrown into hell.
30 [Mt 5:29] And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off
and throw it away. For it is profitable for you that one of your members
should perish, and not that your whole body be thrown into hell.

Teaching About Divorce

Mt 19:9; Mk 10:11-12; Lk 16:18

31 (Jer 3:1; Mt 19:7) "It was said, 'Whoever divorces his wife,
let him give her a certificate of divorce.' [Dt 24:1, 3.]
32 (Lk 16:18; 1Co 7:10-11; Mt 5:28) But I say to you that whoever
divorces his wife,except for marital unfaithfulness,
causes her to commit adultery.
And whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.

Teaching About Oaths

33 (Lev 19:12; Dt 23:21) "Again, you have heard that it was said
by the ancients, 'You shall not swear falsely,
but shall fulfill your oaths to the Lord.'
(Lev 19:12; Nu 30:2; Dt 23:21.)
34 (Isa 66:1; Jas 5:12) But I say to you, do not swear at all:
neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 (Ps 48:2) nor by the earth, for it is His footstool;
nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 Nor shall you swear by your head,
because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 (Jas 5:12; Mt 13:19) But let your 'Yes' mean 'Yes,'
and 'No' mean 'No.' For whatever is more than these comes
from the evil one.

Teaching About Revenge

Lk 6:29-30

38 (Dt 19:21) "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye,
and a tooth for a tooth.' (Ex 21:24; Lev 24:20; Dt 19:21.)
39 (1Co 6:7; Isa 50:6) But I say to you, do not resist an evil person.
But whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other as well.
40 And if anyone sues you in a court of law and takes away your tunic,
let him have your cloak also.
41 (Mt 27:32) And whoever compels you to go a mile,[Jnh 3:5.] go with him two.
42 (Ps 37:21; Pr 19:17) Give to him who asks you, and from him who would
borrow from you do not turn away.

Love for Enemies
Lk 6:27-28, 32-36

43 (Lev 19:18; Dt 23:6) "You have heard that it was said,
'You shall love your neighbor [Lev 19:18.] and hate your enemy.'
44 (Lk 23:34; Ac 7:60) But I say to you, love your enemies,
bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you,
and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 (Mt 5:9; Lk 6:35) that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven.
For He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good
and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?
Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 (Mt 5:20) And if you greet your brothers only, what are you doing
more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 (Lev 19:2; Col 1:28) Therefore be perfect, even as your Father
who is in heaven is perfect.

[13] Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour,
wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be
cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
[14] Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be
hid.
[15] Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a
candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
[16] Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
[17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not
come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one
tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and
shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:
but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the
kingdom of heaven.
[20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the
righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into
the kingdom of heaven.
[21] Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not
kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22] But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a
cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his
brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say,
Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
[23] Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest
that thy brother hath ought against thee;
[24] Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be
reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
[25] Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with
him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge
deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
[26] Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till
thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
[27] Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not
commit adultery:
[28] But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her
hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
[29] And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee:
for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not
that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[30] And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee:
for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not
that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[31] It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her
a writing of divorcement:
[32] But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for
the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever
shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
[33] Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou
shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
[34] But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is
God's throne:
[35] Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it
is the city of the great King.
[36] Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one
hair white or black.
[37] But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is
more than these cometh of evil.
[38] Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth
for a tooth:
[39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite
thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
[40] And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let
him have thy cloke also.
[41] And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
[42] Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee
turn not thou away.
[43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour,
and hate thine enemy.
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do
good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you,
and persecute you;
[45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he
maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the
just and on the unjust.
[46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even
the publicans the same?
[47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do
not even the publicans so?
[48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is
perfect.

Luke 6:27-36

Love for Enemies
Mt 5:38-48

27 (Lk 6:35; Pr 25:21-22) "But I say to you who hear, love your enemies,
do good to those who hate you,
28 (1Pe 3:9; Lk 23:34) bless those who curse you,
and pray for those who spitefully use you.
29 (Isa 50:6; La 3:30) To him who strikes you on the one cheek,
offer also the other. And from him who takes away your cloak,
do not withhold your tunic as well.
30 (Pr 21:26; Ex 22:26-27) Give to everyone who asks of you.
And of him who takes away your goods, do not ask for them back.
31 (Mt 7:12; Gal 5:14) Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
32 "For if you love those who love you, what thanks do you receive?
For even sinners love those who love them.
33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what thanks do you receive?
For even sinners do the same.
34 (Mt 5:42; Lk 14:12-14) And if you lend to those from whom you hope
to receive, what thanks do you receive? Even sinners lend to sinners,
to receive as much in return.
35 (2Co 8:9) But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping
for nothing in return. Then your reward will be great,
and you will be the sons of the Highest.
For He is kind to the unthankful and the evil.
36 (Mt 5:48; Eph 5:1-2) Be therefore merciful,
even as your Father is merciful.

[27] But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which
hate you,
[28] Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use
you.
[29] And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other;
and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
[30] Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy
goods ask them not again.
[31] And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
[32] For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners
also love those that love them.
[33] And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for
sinners also do even the same.
[34] And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye?
for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
[35] But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing
again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the
Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
[36] Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Matthew 6:1-4

Matthew 6

Teaching About Charitable Giving

1 (Mt 23:5; 6:16) "Be sure that you not do your charitable deeds before men
to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father
who is in heaven.
2 (Mt 6:5; 6:16; Jn 5:44) "Therefore, when you do your charitable deeds,
do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues
and in the streets, that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you,
they have their reward.
3 But when you do your charitable deeds, do not let your left hand know
what your right hand is doing,
4 (Mt 6:6; 6:18) that your charitable deeds may be in secret.
And your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

[1] Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them:
otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
[2] Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before
thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they
may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
[3] But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand
doeth:
[4] That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret
himself shall reward thee openly.

2) Our Daily Bread for 30 September 2022
Entitled "Where to Turn" </a

Isaiah 30:12-18

12 (Isa 5:24) Therefore, thus says the Holy One of Israel:
Because you despise this word
and trust in oppression and perverseness,
and rely on them,
13 (1Ki 20:30; Ps 62:3) therefore this iniquity shall be to you
as a breach ready to fall, swelling up in a high wall,
whose collapse comes suddenly, in an instant.
14 (Ps 2:9; Jer 19:10-11) He shall break it as the breaking of the potter's
vessel that is broken in pieces;
He shall not spare so that there shall not be found in the breaking of it
a shard to take fire from the hearth
or with which to take water out of a cistern.
15 (Isa 32:17; 7:4) For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:
In returning and rest you shall be saved;
in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.
Yet you were not willing,
16 (Isa 31:1; 31:3) and you said, "No, for we will flee on horses";
therefore you shall flee.
"And we will ride on swift horses";
therefore those who pursue you shall be swift.
17 (Lev 26:8; 26:36) One thousand shall flee
at the threat of one man;
at the threat of five
you shall flee
until you are left
as a flag on the top of a mountain
and as a banner on a hill.

God's Promise to Zion

18( Isa 25:9; 2Pe 3:9) Therefore, the Lord longs to be gracious to you,
and therefore, He waits on high to have mercy on you;
for the Lord is a God of justice;
how blessed are all who long for Him.

[12] Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this
word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:
[13] Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall,
swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.
[14] And he shall break it as the breaking of the potters' vessel that is
broken in pieces; he shall not spare: so that there shall not be found in
the bursting of it a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water
withal out of the pit.
[15] For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and
rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your
strength: and ye would not.
[16] But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses; therefore shall ye flee:
and, We will ride upon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you be
swift.
[17] One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five
shall ye flee: till ye be left as a beacon upon the top of a mountain, and
as an ensign on an hill.
[18] And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and
therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD
is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

Everyone in high school admired Jack's easygoing attitude and athletic skill.
He was happiest in midair above a half-pipe ramp-one hand holding his
skateboard, the other stretched out for balance.

Jack decided to follow Jesus after he started attending a local church. Up to
that point, he'd endured significant family struggles and had used drugs to
medicate his pain. For a while after his conversion, things seemed to be going
well for him. But years later he started using drugs again. Without the proper
intervention and ongoing treatment, he eventually died of an overdose.

It's easy to turn back to what's familiar when we face difficulty. When the
Israelites felt the distress of an upcoming Assyrian attack, they crawled back
to the Egyptians-their former slave masters-for help (Isaiah 30:1-5). God
predicted that this would be disastrous, but He continued to care for them
although they made the wrong choice. Isaiah voiced God's heart: "And therefore
will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and
therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: (v. 18).

This is God's attitude toward us, even when we choose to look elsewhere to
numb our pain. He wants to help us. He doesn't want us to hurt ourselves with
habits that create bondage. Certain substances and actions tempt us with a
quick sense of relief, but God wants to provide authentic healing as we walk
closely with Him.

By: Jennifer Benson Schuldt

Reflect & Pray

Why is it important to recognize God's grace in times of failure?
How can you better mirror His faithfulness in your relationship with Him?

Dear God, please set me free from sinful patterns.
Help me to turn to You when I'm tempted to find relief in something else.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 6 Showing Grace to Others - Day 6 Reconciliation

2 Cor 5:18-19

18 All this is from God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ
and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was
in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their sins
against them, and has entrusted to us the message of reconciliation.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus
Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us
the word of reconciliation.

When Paul writes in 2 Cor 5:17 that we become a "new creation" in Christ
Jesus, the story does not end there. The verses following give us direction
for tht new life in Christ. "All This", Paul says, referring to the miracle of
new life in Christ, "is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ
and gave us the ministry of reconciliation."
Reconciliation means to bring back together what was once separated. Man was
separated from God by sin, and God took the initiative to reconcile man to
himself. Our "ministry of reconciliation" as Christians is twofold: to draw
others to the Lord and to work for reconciliation between individuals.
Reconciliation is the ultimate goal of forgiveness. God, through his grace ,
extends forgiveness to us when we are still sinners, unrepentant,
undeserving. When we respond, we come into reconciliation with him
and are brought back into oneness. Likewise, when we extend the grace
of forgiveness to another, we are set free by the act of forgiving, but we
hope that the ultimate outcome will be reconciliation.
God shows us the pattern: he is the wronged party, yet he does not wait for
the offender to come to him, hat in hand. He takes a bold initiative, offering
forgiveness freely with out regard to merit. The pattern applies to us;
as the new life in Christ takes hold of us, we must reach out, and reach,
and keep on reaching, breaking down the barriers, taking the risk of
rejection so that we may come to reconciliation.

Application

a) What barriers stand between me and reconciliation with another person?

b) How can I take a risk and reach out to offer forgiveness and
reconciliation to them?

c) What kind of attitude do I need to be a "minister of reconciliation"?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Ps 35:27

27 May those who favour my righteous cause
shout for joy and be glad;
may they say continually, "The Lord be magnified,
who delights in the peace of His servant."

27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad,
that favour my righteous cause:
Yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified,
which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

God's Generous Provision

Matthew 6:24-34

God and Money

24 (Lk 16:13; 16:11; 16:9) "No one can serve two masters.
For either he will hate the one and love the other,
or else he will hold to the one and despise the other.
You cannot serve God and money."

Care and Anxiety

Lk 12:22-34

25 (Mt 6:31; 6:34; Php 4:6) "Therefore, I say to you,
take no thought about your life, what you will eat,
or what you will drink, nor about your body,
what you will put on. Is not life more than
and the body than clothing?
26 (Job 38:41; Ps 147:9) Look at the birds of the air,
for they do not sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns.
Yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much better than they?
27 Who among you by taking thought can add a cubit
(A cubit is about half a meter.) to his stature?
28 (Mt 6:25; 6:31) "Why take thought about clothing?
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow:
They neither work, nor do they spin.
29 (1Ki 10:4-7; 2Ch 9:4-6) Yet I say to you that even Solomon
in all his glory was not dressed like one of these.
30 (Mt 8:26; 14:31) Therefore, if God so clothes the grass of the field,
which today is here and tomorrow is thrown into the oven,
will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 (1Pe 5:7) Therefore, take no thought, saying, 'What shall we eat?'
or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32 (Mt 6:8; Lk 12:30) (For the Gentiles seek after all these things.)
For your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.
33 (1Ti 4:8; 1Ki 3:11-13) But seek first the kingdom of God
and His righteousness, and all these things shall be given to you.
34 (Mt 6:25) Therefore, take no thought about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will take thought about the things of itself.
Sufficient to the day is the trouble thereof.

True Wisdom

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one,
and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat,
or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not
the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor
gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much
better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed
like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is,
and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you,
O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat?
or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:)
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God,
and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow:
for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.
Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Remember God's promises when You pray

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2022 edition?)

Nova Scotia

Total population 942700
Muslim population (est.) 14629

With 6 of the Nova Scotia's 10 universities located in Halifax, there is
a high concentration of Muslin international students in the area,
a harvest field in itself.
Pray for Nova Scotia and her Muslim populations

- in and around Halifax and other cities

- on university campuses

- for new workers among Muslims

- for pastors and churches to be bold in vision, passion and outreach
to Muslims in their areas.

- for Muslims who are searching for a better way to find a Christian friend
to share Jesus with and disciple them

- for Muslim-background believers to be both wise and bold in sharing their
new faith in Jesus with other Muslims

Halifax is the centre of Muslim activity for the Province of Nova Scotia
with at least 10 Islamic centres (mosques) and musallas
(prayer locations, especially for Friday prayer). And there are other mosques
in Chebucto, Kearney Lake, Dartmouth, Bedford and Truro.

Though the original community of Muslims was primarily composed of
newcomers from Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India, continued immigration
has further diversified this community. Anf it is said thay Arabic
is the second most spoken language in Halifax.

while conservative estimates place the number of Muslims at almost 15000
in 2014, the Imama of a primary Halifax mosque estimates their population
somewhere between 25000 to 30000.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 30 of the Month

a) Pray for God's will to be done where you live and throughout
Canadian society, as it is in Heaven

( Matt 6:9-13

[...]

)

b) Pray that in kindness God will lead many to repentance in your city
or community, and across our nation. (

Rom 2:4

4 (Ex 34:6; Isa 30:18) Do you despise the riches of His goodness,
tolerance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God
leads you to repentance?

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance
and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth
thee to repentance?

)

Pray to the Lord and pray to be humble, and not boastful, in all things.

Pray to the Lord: "Dear God, please set me free from sinful patterns.
Help me to turn to You when I'm tempted to find relief in something else."

Pray to the Lord and pray to be a minister of reconciliation.

Pray to the Lord and pray to happily and loud.

Pray to the Lord and pray to seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

[...]

Pray for Brother N. in Iraq, a Kurdish leader in his 60s
who has been severely beaten, as he continues his ministry.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Quebec oubliez les extremes et votez PLQ Beware https://mindspring.com