Day 271 of My Second Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Sep 29, 2022, 6:00:16 PM9/29/22
Day 272, 29 September 2022

1) John 5
Mark 2:23-28
Matthew 12:1-8
Luke 6:1-5
Mark 3:1-6
Matthew 12:9-14
Luke 6:6-11
Matthew 12:15-21

John 5

The Healing at the Pool

1 (Jn 2:13) After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up
to Jerusalem.
2 (Ne 3:1; 12:39) Now in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate there is a pool,
which in Hebrew is called Bethesda, having five porches.
3 In these lay a great crowd of invalids, blind, lame, and paralyzed,
waiting for the moving of the water.
4 For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up
the water. After the stirring of the water, whoever stepped in first
was healed of whatever disease he had.
5 A certain man was there who had an illness for 38 years.
6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had been
in that condition now a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be healed?"
7 The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool
when the water is stirred. But while I am coming,
another steps down before me."
8 (Mt 9:6; Mk 2:11) Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk."
9 (Jn 9:14) Immediately the man was healed, took up his bed, and walked.
That day was the Sabbath.
10 (Jer 17:21; Lk 6:2) The Jews therefore said to him who was cured,
"It is the Sabbath day. It is not lawful for you to carry your bed."
11 He answered them,
"He who healed me said to me, 'Take up your bed and walk.' "
12 So they asked him, "Who is the Man who said to you,
'Take up your bed and walk'?"
13 Now the man who was healed did not know who it was,
for Jesus had withdrawn, as there was a crowd in that place.
14 (Jn 8:11) Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him,
"See, you have become whole. Sin no more lest something worse happens to you."
15 The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had healed him.
16 (Jn 15:20; Ac 9:4-5) So the Jews persecuted Jesus and sought to kill Him,
because He had done these things on the Sabbath day.
17 (Jn 9:4; 14:10) Jesus answered them, "My Father is working still,
and I am working."
18 (Jn 10:33; 10:30; 5:16) So the Jews sought even more to kill Him,
because He not only had broken the Sabbath, but also said that
God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

The Authority of the Son

19 (Jn 8:28; 12:49) Then Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly I say to you,
the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do.
For whatever He does, likewise the Son does.
20 (Jn 3:35; Mt 3:17) For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all things
that He Himself does. And He will show Him greater works than these so that
you may marvel.
21 (Jn 11:25; Ro 8:11) For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life,
even so the Son gives life to whom He will.
22 (Jn 5:27; Ac 10:42) The Father judges no one, but has committed
all judgment to the Son,
23 (1Jn 2:23; Lk 10:16) that all men should honor the Son, just as they honor
the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor
the Father who sent Him.
24 (Jn 3:18; 1Jn 3:14; Jn 3:36) "Truly, truly I say to you, whoever hears
My word and believes in Him who sent Me has eternal life
and shall not come into condemnation, but has passed from death into life.
25 (Jn 4:23; Lk 15:24) Truly, truly I say to you, the hour is coming,
and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God,
and those who hear will live.
26 (Jn 1:4; 11:26) For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has
given to the Son to have life in Himself,
27 (Jn 5:22; Ac 10:42) and has given Him authority to execute judgment
also, because He is the Son of Man.
28 "Do not marvel at this. For the hour is coming in which all who are
in the graves will hear His voice
29 (Ac 24:15) and come out-those who have done good to the resurrection
of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
30 (Jn 4:34; Mt 26:39; Jn 5:19) I can do nothing of Myself. As I hear,
I judge. My judgment is just, because I seek not My own will,
but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Witnesses to Jesus

31 (Jn 8:13-14; 8:54) "If I bear witness of Myself, My testimony is not true.
32 There is another who bears witness of Me, and I know that the testimony
which He bears of Me is true.
33 "You sent to John, and he bore witness of the truth.
34 (1Jn 5:9) I do not receive testimony from man, but I say these things
that you may be saved.
35 (2Pe 1:19; Mt 21:26) He was a burning and a shining lamp,
and you were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
36 (Jn 10:25; 15:24) "I have greater testimony than that of John.
The works which the Father has given Me to finish, the very works that I do,
bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me.
37 (Jn 8:18; Mt 3:17) The Father Himself, who has sent Me, has borne witness
of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38 (1Jn 2:14) You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe
the One He has sent.
39 (Lk 24:27; 24:44) You search the Scriptures, because you think in them
you have eternal life. These are they who bear witness of Me.
40 (Mt 23:37; Jn 3:19) Yet you are not willing to come to Me that you may
have life.
41 (1Th 2:6; Jn 5:34) "I do not receive honour from men.
42 (Jn 2:25) But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
43 (Mt 24:5; Jn 10:25) I have come in My Father's name,
but you do not receive Me. If another comes in his own name,
you will receive him.
44 (Ro 2:29) How can you believe, who receive glory from one another
and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
45 (Jn 9:28-29; Ro 2:17-29) "Do not think that I shall accuse you
to the Father. There is one who accuses you-Moses, in whom you trust.
46 (Ge 3:15; Dt 18:15) For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me,
for he wrote of Me.
47 (Lk 16:31; 16:29) But if you do not believe his writings,
how will you believe My words?"

John 5
[1] After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to
Jerusalem.
[2] Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in
the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
[3] In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt,
withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
[4] For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled
the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in
was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
[5] And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight
years.
[6] When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in
that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
[7] The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is
troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth
down before me.
[8] Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
[9] And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked:
and on the same day was the sabbath.
[10] The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day:
it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.
[11] He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up
thy bed, and walk.
[12] Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy
bed, and walk?
[13] And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed
himself away, a multitude being in that place.
[14] Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold,
thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
[15] The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made
him whole.
[16] And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him,
because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
[17] But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
[18] Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had
broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself
equal with God.
[19] Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what
things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
[20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself
doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
[21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the
Son quickeneth whom he will.
[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the
Son:
[23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He
that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth
on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into
condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when
the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall
live.
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to
have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is
the Son of man.
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are
in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection
of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment
is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which
hath sent me.
[31] If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
[32] There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the
witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
[33] Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
[34] But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye
might be saved.
[35] He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season
to rejoice in his light.
[36] But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the
Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of
me, that the Father hath sent me.
[37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me.
Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
[38] And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye
believe not.
[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and
they are they which testify of me.
[40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
[41] I receive not honour from men.
[42] But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
[43] I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall
come in his own name, him ye will receive.
[44] How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not
the honour that cometh from God only?
[45] Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that
accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
[46] For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
[47] But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Mark 2:23-28

The Question About the Sabbath

Mt 12:1-8; Lk 6:1-5

23 (Mt 12:1-8; Lk 6:1-5) He went through the grain fields on the Sabbath.
As they went, His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain.
24 (Ex 20:10) The Pharisees said to Him,
"Look, why are they doing on the Sabbath
what is not lawful?"
25 (1Sa 21:3-6; Mt 21:16) He said to them, "Have you never read what David did,
when he and those who were with him were in need and hungry:
26 (2Sa 8:17; Lev 24:5-9) how he went into the house of God, in the days
Abiathar was the high priest, and ate the ritual bread, which is lawful only
for the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him?"
27 (Col 2:16; Ex 23:12; Dt 5:14) Then He said to them,
"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 (Rev 1:10) So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

[23] And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the
sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
[24] And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day
that which is not lawful?
[25] And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had
need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
[26] How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high
priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the
priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
[27] And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for
the sabbath:
[28] Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Matthew 12:1-8

The Question About the Sabbath

Mk 2:23-28; Lk 6:1-5

1 (Dt 23:25; Mk 2:23-28) At that time Jesus went through the grain fields
on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry and began to pluck the heads
of grain and to eat.
2 (Mt 12:10; Ex 20:9-11) But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him,
"Look, Your disciples are doing
that which is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!"
3 (1Sa 21:3-6; Mt 21:16) But He said to them, "Have you not read what David
and those who were with him did when he was hungry,
4 (Ex 25:30; Lev 24:5-9) how he entered the house of God and ate the ritual
bread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for those who were
with him, but only for the priests?
5 (Nu 28:9-10; Jn 7:22-23) Or have you not read in the law how on the Sabbath
the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, but are blameless?
6 (Mt 12:41-42; 2Ch 6:18) I say to you, in this place there is One who
is greater than the temple.
7 (Hos 6:6; Mt 9:13) If you had known what this meant, 'I desire mercy,
and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.
8 (Mt 9:6) For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

1] At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his
disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
[2] But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy
disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
[3] But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was
an hungred, and they that were with him;
[4] How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread,
which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with
him, but only for the priests?
[5] Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the
priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
[6] But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
[7] But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not
sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
[8] For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Luke 6:1-5

Plucking Grain on the Sabbath
Mt 12:1-8; Mk 2:23-28

1 (Dt 23:25; Mt 12:1-8) On the second Sabbath after the first, He went through
the grain fields, and His disciples plucked and ate the heads of grain,
rubbing them in their hands.
2 (Mt 12:2) Some of the Pharisees said to them, "Why are you doing what
is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?"
3 (1Sa 21:3-6; Mt 21:16) Jesus answered them,
"Have you not read what David did when he
and those who were with him were hungry?
4 (Lev 24:5-9) He went into the house of God, and took
and ate the ritual bread, and also gave it to those who were with him.
This was not lawful, but for the priests only to eat."
5 Then He said to them, "The Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

[1] And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went
through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did
eat, rubbing them in their hands.
[2] And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not
lawful to do on the sabbath days?
[3] And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what
David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;
[4] How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread,
and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but
for the priests alone?
[5] And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Mark 3:1-6

The Man With a Withered Hand
Mt 12:9-14; Lk 6:6-11

1 (Mt 12:9-14; Mk 1:21) Again, He entered the synagogue, and there was a man
who had a withered hand.
2 (Lk 14:1; 6:7) They watched Him to see whether He would heal him
on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him.
3 He said to the man who had the withered hand, "Stand up."
4 Then He said to them, "Is it lawful to do good or to do evil
on the Sabbath, to save life or to kill?" But they kept silent.
5 (Lk 6:10; Ro 11:25) When He had looked around at them with anger,
being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, He said to the man,
"Stretch your hand forward." He stretched it out, and his hand
was restored as whole as the other.
6 (Mt 22:16; Mk 12:13) Then the Pharisees went out and immediately
took counsel with the Herodians against Him, how to kill Him.

[1] And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which
had a withered hand.
[2] And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that
they might accuse him.
[3] And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.
[4] And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or
to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.
[5] And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for
the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine
hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.
[6] And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the
Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

Matthew 12:9-14

The Healing of the Withered Hand

Mk 3:1-6; Lk 6:6-11

9 (Lk 6:6-11) When He had departed from there, He went into their synagogue.
10 (Lk 13:14; Jn 9:16) And there was a man whose hand had withered.
They asked Him, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"
that they might accuse Him.
11 (Lk 14:5; Ex 23:4-5) He said to them, "What man is there among you who
has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath,
will not lay hold of it and lift it out?
12 (Mt 6:26; 10:31) Then how much better is a man than a sheep? Therefore,
it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
13 Then He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out,
and it was restored whole like the other.
14 (Jn 11:53; Mt 27:1) Then the Pharisees went out and took counsel
against Him, how they might kill Him.

[9] And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:
[10] And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they
asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they
might accuse him.
[11] And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that
shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will
he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
[12] How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to
do well on the sabbath days.
[13] Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it
forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
[14] Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they
might destroy him.

Luke 6:6-11

The Man With a Withered Hand
Mt 12:9-14; Mk 3:1-6

6 (Mt 12:9-14; Mk 3:1-6) On another Sabbath, when He entered the synagogue
and taught, there was a man whose right hand had withered.
7 (Mk 3:2; Lk 20:20) The scribes and the Pharisees watched Him to see whether
He would heal on the Sabbath,
so that they might find an accusation against Him.
8 (Mt 9:4) But He knew their thoughts, and He said to the man
who had the withered hand, "Rise and stand in front."
So he rose and stood in front.
9 (Lk 14:3) Then Jesus said to them, "I will ask you one thing:
Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil,
to save life or to destroy it?"
10 (Mk 3:5) Then looking around at them all, He said to the man,
"Stretch out your hand." He did so, and his hand was restored
as whole as the other.
11 (Ac 5:33) But they were filled with madness
and discussed with each other what they might do to Jesus.

[6] And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the
synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.
[7] And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the
sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him.
[8] But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered
hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.
[9] Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the
sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?
[10] And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch
forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.
[11] And they were filled with madness; and communed one with another what
they might do to Jesus.

Matthew 12:15-21

The Chosen Servant

15 (Mt 10:23; 19:2) But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there.
And great crowds followed Him, and He healed them all,
16 (Mt 8:4; 9:30) and warned them that they should not make Him known,
17 to fulfill what was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:
18 (Lk 4:18; Jn 3:34) "Here is My Servant, whom I have chosen,
My Beloved, in whom My soul is well pleased;
I will put My Spirit upon Him,
and He will render judgment to the Gentiles.
19 He shall not struggle nor cry out,
nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed He will not break,
and a smoldering wick He will not quench,
until He renders judgment unto victory;
21 Isa 11:10 and in His name will the Gentiles trust."

[15] But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great
multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
[16] And charged them that they should not make him known:
[17] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet,
saying,
[18] Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is
well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to
the Gentiles.
[19] He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in
the streets.
[20] A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not
quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
[21] And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

2) Our Daily Bread for 29 September 2022
Entitled "The Coffee-Bean Bowl" </a>

John 12:1-7

The Anointing at Bethany
Mt 26:6-13; Mk 14:3-9
1 (Jn 11:55; Mt 21:17) Six days before the Passover Jesus came to Bethany,
where Lazarus was, who had been dead, whom He had raised from the dead.
2 (Lk 10:38-42) They prepared a supper for Him there. Martha served,
but Lazarus was one of those who sat at the table with Him.
3 (Jn 11:2; Lk 7:37-38) Then Mary took a pint
(Gk. a litra, or half a liter.) of very costly ointment made
from pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet
with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the ointment.
4 (Mt 10:4) But one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son,
who would betray Him, said,
5 "Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denarii
(About a year's wages.) and given to the poor?"
6 (Jn 13:29) He said this, not because he cared for the poor, but because
he was a thief. And having the money box, he used to steal what was put in it.
7 But Jesus said, "Leave her alone. She has kept this for the day of My
burial.

[1] Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus
was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
[2] There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of
them that sat at the table with him.
[3] Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and
anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house
was filled with the odour of the ointment.
[4] Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which
should betray him,
[5] Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the
poor?
[6] This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a
thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
[7] Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she
kept this.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but one sniff of coffee beans brings me a moment of
both solace and wistfulness. When our teenage daughter Melissa was making her
bedroom uniquely hers, she filled a bowl with coffee beans to permeate her
room with a warm, pleasant scent.

It's been nearly two decades since Melissa's earthly life ended in a car
accident at age seventeen, but we still have that coffee-bean bowl. It gives
us a continual, aromatic remembrance of Mell's life with us.

Scripture also uses fragrances as a reminder. Song of Songs refers to
fragrances as a symbol of love between a man and a woman (see 1:3; 4:11, 16).
In Hosea, God's forgiveness of Israel is said to be "fragrance like a cedar of
Lebanon" (Hosea 14:6). And Mary’s anointing of Jesus' feet, which caused the
house of Mary and her siblings to be "filled with the fragrance of the
perfume" (John 12:3), pointed ahead to Jesus' death (see v. 7).

The idea of fragrance can also help us be mindful of our testimony of faith to
those around us. Paul explained it this way: "We are to God the pleasing aroma
of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing"
(2 Corinthians 2:15).

Just as the scent of coffee beans reminds me of Melissa, may our lives produce
a scent of Jesus and His love that reminds others of their need of Him.

By: Dave Branon

Reflect & Pray

How can you be "the fragrance of Christ" to someone today? How has your
life caused others to sense the presence of the Saviour?

Dear heavenly Father, help me to pass along an aroma
of life that makes others know I represent You.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 6 Showing Grace to Others - Day 5 When you pray

Mark 11:25

25 And when you stand praying, forgive if you have anything against anyone,
so that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your sins.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any:
that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

"My prayer don't seem to be very effective," a man told his pastor." I try
to make contact with God, but my prayers seem to hit the ceiling and bounce
back."
The pastor thought for a moment, then gently suggested,
"Is there someone in your life you haven't forgiven?"
"What do you mean?" The man's face flushed; the pastor has obviuosly struck
a nerve. "Well, I guess I've had some struggles with my mother ... and then,
my wife, and I ... ." The hidden truth came to light: the man was bound in
unforgiving relationships with five of the closest people to him.
Forgiveness is an essential element in prayer. For a very good reason,
worship services in liturgical churches place the confession of sin and the
absolution near the beginning of the service, before the reading of God's
Word, prayer, and the sermon. Forgiveness - both the Lord's forgiveness
of us and our forgiveness of others - clears the way for unhindered
communication between God and his people.
When we carry anger and bitterness, or even deeply buried, well-subliminated
unforgiveness, into the presence of God, our prayers will be affected. We can,
however, free the Holy Spirit to work in our lives and the lives of others
through forgiveness. We can choose to forgive in light of God's forgiveness
of us. And when we do, the channels are re-established;
we can pray in power and open ourselves to an awareness of his activity
in our lives.

Application

a) Have my prayers ever been affected by unforgiveness in my life?

b) Is there someone in my life whom I need to forgive,
whether or not I can work toward?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Joshua 1:5

5 (Dt 7:24; 31:6-8) No man will be able to stand against
you all the days of your life.
As I was with Moses, I will be with you.
I will not abandon you. I will not leave you.

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before
thee all the days of thy life:
as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee:
I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

God's Help in Times of Temptation

1 Cor 10:1-13

1 Corinthians 10

Warning Against Idolatry

1 (Ex 14:29; Ps 66:6) I would not want you to be unaware that
all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea,
2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 (Ex 16:35; Dt 8:3) all ate the same spiritual food;
4 (Ex 17:6; Nu 20:11) and all drank the same spiritual drink,
for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them,
and that Rock was Christ.
5 (Heb 3:17; Jude 1:5) But with many of them God was not well pleased,
and they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 (Nu 11:4; 1Co 10:11) Now these things were our examples to the intent
that we should not lust after evil things as they lusted.
7 (Ex 32:19; 32:4) Neither be idolaters as were some of them.
As it is written,
"The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to revel." (Ex 32:6. )
8 (Nu 25:1-9; 1Co 6:18) Neither let us commit sexual immorality as some
of them committed, when 23000 fell in one day.
9 (Nu 21:5-6; Ex 17:2) Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them
also tempted and were destroyed by serpents.
10 (Ex 12:23; Nu 16:41) Neither murmur, as some of them also murmured
and were destroyed by the destroyer.
11 (Ro 13:11) Now all these things happened to them for examples.
They are written as an admonition to us,
upon whom the end of the ages has come.
12 (Ro 11:20) Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed,
lest he fall.
13 (1Co 1:9; 2Pe 2:9) No temptation has taken you except what is common
to man. God is faithful, and He will not permit you to be tempted above
what you can endure, but will with the temptation also make a way
to escape, that you may be able to bear it.

1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all
our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 and did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that
spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
5 But with many of them God was not well pleased:
for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust
after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written,
The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed,
and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted,
and were destroyed of serpents.
10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured,
and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples:
and they are written for our admonition,
upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted
above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also
make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2022 edition?)

Nova Scotia

Total population 942700
Muslim population (est.) 14629

With 6 of the Nova Scotia's 10 universities located in Halifax, there is
a high concentration of Muslin international students in the area,
a harvest field in itself.
Pray for Nova Scotia and her Muslim populations

- in and around Halifax and other cities

- on university campuses

- for new workers among Muslims

- for pastors and churches to be bold in vision, passion and outreach
to Muslims in their areas.

- for Muslims who are searching for a better way to find a Christian friend
to share Jesus with and disciple them

- for Muslim-background believers to be both wise and bold in sharing their
new faith in Jesus with other Muslims

Halifax is the centre of Muslim activity for the Province of Nova Scotia
with at least 10 Islamic centres (mosques) and musallas
(prayer locations, especially for Friday prayer). And there are other mosques
in Chebucto, Kearney Lake, Dartmouth, Bedford and Truro.

Though the original community of Muslims was primarily composed of
newcomers from Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India, continued immigration
has further diversified this community. Anf it is said thay Arabic
is the second most spoken language in Halifax.

while conservative estimates place the number of Muslims at almost 15000
in 2014, the Imama of a primary Halifax mosque estimates their population
somewhere between 25000 to 30000.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 29 of the Month

a) Pray that God will enlighten those in medicine and health care
to acknowledge the sanctity of life and server with true
integrity and compassion (

Ps 139:13-16

13 You brought my inner parts into being;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise you, for You made me with fear and wonder;
marvelous are Your works,
and You know me completely.
15 My frame was not hidden from You
when I was made in secret,
and intricately put together in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw me unformed,
yet in Your book
all my days were written,
before any of them came into being.

13 For thou hast possessed my reins:
Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
Marvellous are thy works; And that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee,
When I was made in secret, and curiously wrought
in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
And in thy book all my members were written,
Which in continuance were fashioned,
When as yet there was none of them.

)

b) Pray that the Church in Canada will remember the poor
and compassionately respond to their plight (

Gal 2:10

10 (Ac 24:17) Only they requested that we should remember the poor,
which I also was eager to do.

10 Only they would that we should remember the poor;
the same which I also was forward to do.

)

Pray to the Lord and pray to Him about knowing how to honour the Sabbath.

Pray to the Lord: "Dear heavenly Father, help me to pass along an aroma
of life that makes others know I represent You."

Pray to the Lord and pray to be forgiving of those even close to you.

Pray to the Lord and pray to Him as your protector.

Pray to the Lord and pray to Him to help you escape temptation.

[...]

Pray for the unity of Christians representing various churches in Morocco.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Quebec oubliez les extremes et votez PLQ Beware https://mindspring.com