Day 328 of MY second Bible study Journey

1 view

The Doctor

Nov 24, 2022, 4:59:34 PM11/24/22
Day 328, 24 November 2022

1) Romans 8:18-39
Romans 9
Romans 10

Romans 8:18-39

The Glory That Is to Be

18 (1Pe 4:13; Col 3:4) For I consider that the sufferings of this present
time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed
to us.
19 (1Jn 3:2; Php 1:20) The eager expectation of the creation waits for
the appearance of the sons of God.
20 (Ge 3:17-19; 5:29) For the creation was subjected to futility,
not willingly, but by the will of Him who subjected it, in hope
21 (2Pe 3:13; Ac 3:21) that the creation itself also will be set free
from its slavery to corruption into the glorious freedom of the children
of God.
22 (Jer 12:11; 12:4) We know that the whole creation groans
and travails in pain together until now.
23 (Ro 7:24; 8:19) Not only that, but we also, who have the first fruits
of the Spirit, groan within ourselves while eagerly waiting for adoption,
the redemption of our bodies.
24 (1Th 5:8; Heb 11:1) For we are saved through hope, but hope that is
seen is not hope, for why does a man still hope for what he sees?
25 (1Th 1:3) But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it
with patience.
26 (Eph 6:18; Mt 20:22; Zec 12:10) Likewise, the Spirit helps us
in our weaknesses, for we do not know what to pray for as we ought,
but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
27 (Ro 8:34; Rev 2:23) He who searches the hearts knows what the mind
of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according
to the will of God.
28 (Gal 1:15; Ge 50:20) We know that all things work together for good
to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
29 (Ro 11:2; 1Co 15:49; Eph 1:11) For those whom He foreknew, He
predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son,
so that He might be the firstborn among many brothers.
30 (1Co 6:11; Heb 9:15) And those whom He predestined, He also called;
and those whom He called, He also justified; and those whom He justified,
He also glorified.

[18] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to
be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
[19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the
manifestation of the sons of God.
[20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by
reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
[21] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of
corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
[22] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain
together until now.
[23] And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of
the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the
adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
[24] For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a
man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
[25] But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for
it.
[26] Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what
we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession
for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
[27] And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the
Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will
of God.
[28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love
God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
[29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to
the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
[30] Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he
called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also
glorified.

The Love of God

31 (Ps 118:6; Ro 4:1) What then shall we say to these things?
If God is for us, who can be against us?
32 (Jn 3:16; Ro 4:25) He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered
Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us
all things?
33 (Rev 12:10-11; Isa 50:8-9) Who shall bring a charge against God's elect?
It is God who justifies.
34 (Heb 7:25; Mk 16:19; Ro 8:1) Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who
died, yes, who is risen, who is also at the right hand of God,
who also intercedes for us.
35 (1Co 4:11) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine,
or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 (Ps 44:22; 1Co 15:30) As it is written:
"For Your sake we are killed all day long;
we are counted as sheep for the slaughter."(Ps 44:22.)
37 (1Co 15:57; Gal 2:20) No, in all these things we are more than
conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 (Eph 1:21; 1Pe 3:22) For I am persuaded that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor principalities nor powers, neither things present
nor things to come,
39 (Ro 5:8) neither height nor depth, nor any other created thing,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus
our Lord.

[31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be
against us?
[32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how
shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
[33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that
justifieth.
[34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is
risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh
intercession for us.
[35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or
distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
[36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are
accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that
loved us.
[38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor
principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to
separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 9

God's Election of Israel

1 (Gal 1:20; 1Ti 2:7) I am speaking the truth in Christ, I am not lying;
my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit,
2 that I have great sorrow and continual anguish in my heart.
3 (Ex 32:32; Gal 1:8) For I could wish that I myself were accursed
from Christ for my brothers, my kinsmen by race,
4 (Eph 2:12; Ge 17:2; Ex 4:22) who are Israelites, to whom belong
the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law,
the service of God, and the promises,
5 (Ro 1:25; 11:28) to whom belong the patriarchs, and from whom,
according to the flesh, is Christ, who is over all, God forever blessed. Amen.
6 (Gal 6:16; Nu 23:19) It is not as though the word of God has failed.
For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel,
7 (Ge 21:12; Heb 11:18) nor are they all children because they are
descendants of Abraham, but "In Isaac shall your descendants be called."
(Ge 21:12.)
8 So those who are the children of the flesh are not the children of God,
but the children of the promise are counted as descendants.
9 (Ge 18:10; 18:14) For this is the word of promise,
"At this time I will come, and Sarah shall have a son."
(Ex 20:13-15, 17; Dt 5:17-19, 21.)
10 (Ro 5:3) Not only that, but Rebekah also had conceived by one man,
our father Isaac.
11 (Ro 4:17) For before the children had been born, having done
neither evil nor good, so that the purpose of God according
to election might stand, not of works, but through Him who calls,
12 it was said to her, "The elder shall serve the younger."(Ge 25:23.)
13 (Mal 1:2-3) As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have
hated."(Mal 1:2.)
14 (2Ch 19:7; Dt 32:4) What shall we say then? Is there
unrighteousness with God? God forbid!
15 (Ex 33:19) For He says to Moses,
"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."(Ex 33:19.)
16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs,
but of God who shows mercy.
17 (Ex 9:16) For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose
I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you,
and that My name may be proclaimed in all the earth."
(Ex 9:16.)
18 (Ex 4:21; Dt 2:30) Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills,
and He hardens whom He wills.

[1] I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me
witness in the Holy Ghost,
[2] That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
[3] For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren,
my kinsmen according to the flesh:
[4] Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and
the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the
promises;
[5] Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came,
who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
[6] Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not
all Israel, which are of Israel:
[7] Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children:
but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
[8] That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the
children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
[9] For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara
shall have a son.
[10] And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by
our father Isaac;
[11] (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or
evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of
works, but of him that calleth;)
[12] It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
[13] As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
[14] What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
[15] For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and
I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
[16] So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of
God that sheweth mercy.
[17] For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I
raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might
be declared throughout all the earth.
[18] Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he
hardeneth.

Wrath and Mercy of God

19 (2Ch 20:6; Da 4:35) You will then say to me,
"Why does He yet find fault? For who can resist His will?"
20 (Isa 29:16; Job 33:13) Rather, O man, who are you to answer back
to God? Shall the thing formed say to him who formed it,
"Why have you made me like this?"
21 (Isa 64:8) Does the potter not have power over the clay to make
from the same lump one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
22 (Pr 16:4; 1Pe 2:8) What if God, willing to show His wrath
and to make His power known, endured with much patience
the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 (Ro 2:4; Eph 3:16) in order to make known the riches of His glory
on the vessels of mercy, which He previously prepared for glory,
24 even us, whom He has called, not from the Jews only,
but also from the Gentiles?
25 (Hos 2:23; 1Pe 2:10) As indeed He says in Hosea:
"I will call those who were not My people, 'My people,'
and her who was not beloved, 'Beloved,' "(Hos 2:23.)
26 and,
"In the place where it was said to them,
'You are not My people,'
there they shall be called 'sons of the living God.'"(Hos 1:10.)
27 (Isa 10:20-23; Hos 1:10) Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel:
"Though the number of the children of Israel be like the sand of the sea,
a remnant shall be saved.(Isa 10:22.)
28 For He will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness,
because the Lord will make a quick work upon the earth."(Isa 10:23.)
29 (Isa 1:9; 13:19) And as Isaiah previously said:
"Unless the Lord of Hosts
had left us a seed,
we would have become like Sodom,
and been made like Gomorrah."(Isa 1:9.)

[19] Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath
resisted his will?
[20] Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing
formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
[21] Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one
vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
[22] What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known,
endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
[23] And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of
mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
[24] Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the
Gentiles?
[25] As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my
people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
[26] And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto
them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the
living God.
[27] Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children
of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
[28] For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because
a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
[29] And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a
seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

Israel and the Gospel

30 (Php 3:9; Heb 11:7) What shall we say then? The Gentiles,
who did not pursue righteousness, have attained righteousness,
even the righteousness which is by faith,
31 (Ro 11:7) but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness,
did not attain the law of righteousness.
32 (1Pe 2:8) Why not? Because they did not seek it by faith,
but by the works of the law. For they stumbled over the stumbling stone.
33 (Isa 28:16; Ro 10:11) As it is written:
"Look! I lay in Zion a stumbling stone
and rock of offense,
and whoever believes in Him will not be ashamed." (Isa 8:14; 28:16.)

[30] What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after
righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which
is of faith.
[31] But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not
attained to the law of righteousness.
[32] Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the
works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
[33] As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of
offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Romans 10
1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel
is that they may be saved.
2 (Ac 21:20) For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God,
but not according to knowledge.
3 (Ro 1:17) For, being ignorant of God's righteousness and seeking
to establish their own righteousness, they did not submit
to the righteousness of God.
4 (Gal 3:24) Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness
for every one who believes.

[1] Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they
might be saved.
[2] For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according
to knowledge.
[3] For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to
establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the
righteousness of God.
[4] For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that
believeth.

Salvation for All

5 (Lev 18:5; Ne 9:29) For Moses writes about the righteousness
which is based on the law: "The man who does those things shall live
by them." (Lev 18:5.)
6 But the righteousness which is based on faith says,
"Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?' "(Dt 30:12.)
(that is, to bring Christ down),
7 (Heb 13:20) or, 'Who will descend into the deep?' " Dt 30:13.
(that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
8 (Dt 30:14) But what does it say? "The word is near you,
in your mouth and in your heart."(Dt 30:14.)
This is the word of faith that we preach:
9 (Lk 12:8; Php 2:11) that if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord,
and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead,
you will be saved,
10 for with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth
confession is made unto salvation.
11 (Ro 9:33; Isa 28:16) For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes
in Him will not be ashamed." (Isa 28:16.)
12 (Ro 3:22; 2:4) For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek,
for the same Lord over all is generous toward all who call upon Him.
13 (Ac 2:21; Joel 2:32) For, "Everyone who calls on the name
of the Lord shall be saved."(Joel 2:32.)
14 (Titus 1:3) How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not
believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?
And how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 (Isa 52:7; Na 1:15) And how shall they preach unless they are sent?
As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach
the gospel of peace, who bring good news of good things!"(Isa 52:7.)
16 (Isa 53:1; Ro 3:3) But they have not all obeyed the gospel.
For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?"(Isa 53:1.)
17 (Gal 3:2; 3:5) So then faith comes by hearing,
and hearing by the word of God.
18 (Ps 19:4; Mt 24:14) But I say, have they not heard?
Yes, indeed: "Their voice went into all the earth,
and their words to the ends of the world."(Ps 19:4.)
19 (Dt 32:21; Ro 11:11) But I say, did Israel not know?
First, Moses says:
"I will make you jealous by those who are not a nation,
and by a foolish nation I will anger you."(Dt 32:21.)
20 (Ro 9:30) And Isaiah is very bold and says:
"I was found by those who did not seek Me;
I revealed myself to those who did not ask for Me."(Isa 65:1.)
21 But to Israel He says:
"All day long I have stretched out My hands
to a disobedient and contrary people."(Isa 65:2.)

[5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man
which doeth those things shall live by them.
[6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not
in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down
from above:)
[7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again
from the dead.)
[8] But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy
heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt
believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be
saved.
[10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth
confession is made unto salvation.
[11] For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be
ashamed.
[12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same
Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
[14] How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how
shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they
hear without a preacher?
[15] And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How
beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring
glad tidings of good things!
[16] But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who
hath believed our report?
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
[18] But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all
the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
[19] But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you
to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger
you.
[20] But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me
not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
[21] But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands
unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

2) Our Daily Bread for 24 November 2022
Entitled "Hopes and Longings" </a>

Proverbs 13:12-19

12 (Pr 3:18; 13:19) Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.
13 (2Ch 36:16; Nu 15:31) Whoever despises the word will be destroyed,
but he who fears the commandment will be rewarded.
14 (Pr 10:11; 14:27) The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,
to depart from the snares of death.
15 (Pr 3:4; Lk 2:52) Good understanding gives favor,
but the way of transgressors is hard.
16 (Pr 15:2; Ecc 10:3) Every prudent man deals with knowledge,
but a fool lays open his folly.
17 (Pr 25:13) A wicked messenger falls into mischief,
but a faithful envoy is health.
18 (Pr 15:5; 15:31-32) Poverty and shame will be
to him who refuses instruction,
but he who regards reproof will be honored.
19 (Pr 13:12) The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul,
but it is abomination to fools to depart from evil.

12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick:
But when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
13 Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed:
But he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.
14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life,
To depart from the snares of death.
15 Good understanding giveth favour:
But the way of transgressors is hard.
16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge:
But a fool layeth open his folly.
17 A wicked messenger falleth into mischief:
But a faithful ambassador is health.
18 Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction:
But he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.
19 The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul:
But it is abomination to fools to depart from evil.

When I moved to England, the American holiday of Thanksgiving became just
another Thursday in November. Although I created a feast the weekend after, I
longed to be with family and friends on the day. Yet I understood that my
longings weren't unique to me. We all yearn to be with people dear to us on
special occasions and holidays. And even when we're celebrating, we may miss
someone who's not with us or we may pray for our fractured family to be at
peace.

During these times, praying and pondering the wisdom of the Bible has helped
me, including one of King Solomon's proverbs: "Hope deferred makes the heart
sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life." (Proverbs 13:12). In
this proverb, one of the pithy sayings through which Solomon shared his
wisdom, he notes the effect that "hope deferred" can have: the delay of
something much longed for can result in angst and pain. But when the desire is
fulfilled, it's like a tree of life-something that allows us to feel
refreshed and renewed.

Some of our hopes and desires might not be fulfilled right away, and some
might only be met through God after we die. Whatever our longing, we can
trust in Him, knowing He loves us unceasingly. And, one day, we'll be
reunited with loved ones as we feast with Him and give thanks to Him
(see Revelation 19:6–9).

6 (Rev 14:2; Ps 97:1) Then I heard something like the sound like a great
multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings,
saying:
"Alleluia!
For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!
7 (Mt 22:2; Eph 5:32) Let us be glad and rejoice
and give Him glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and His wife has made herself ready.
8 (Ps 45:13-14; 132:9) It was granted her to be arrayed in fine linen,
clean and white."
Fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
9 (Rev 21:5; 22:6) Then he said to me, "Write: Blessed are those who are
invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb." And he said to me,
"These are the true sayings of God."

[6] And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice
of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia:
for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
[7] Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of
the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
[8] And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean
and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
[9] And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the
marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true
sayings of God.

By: Amy Boucher Pye

Reflect & Pray

When have you felt sick because of an unfulfilled longing?
How did God meet you in your time of need?

God our Creator, You fulfill my deepest longings.
I give You my hopes and my desires, asking You
to grant them according to Your wisdom and love.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 6 Showing Grace to Others - Day 5 When you pray

Mark 11:25

25 And when you stand praying, forgive if you have anything against anyone,
so that your Father who is in heaven may also forgive you your sins.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any:
that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

"My prayer don't seem to be very effective," a man told his pastor." I try
to make contact with God, but my prayers seem to hit the ceiling and bounce
back."
The pastor thought for a moment, then gently suggested,
"Is there someone in your life you haven't forgiven?"
"What do you mean?" The man's face flushed; the pastor has obviuosly struck
a nerve. "Well, I guess I've had some struggles with my mother ... and then,
my wife, and I ... ." The hidden truth came to light: the man was bound in
unforgiving relationships with five of the closest people to him.
Forgiveness is an essential element in prayer. For a very good reason,
worship services in liturgical churches place the confession of sin and the
absolution near the beginning of the service, before the reading of God's
Word, prayer, and the sermon. Forgiveness - both the Lord's forgiveness
of us and our forgiveness of others - clears the way for unhindered
communication between God and his people.
When we carry anger and bitterness, or even deeply buried, well-subliminated
unforgiveness, into the presence of God, our prayers will be affected. We can,
however, free the Holy Spirit to work in our lives and the lives of others
through forgiveness. We can choose to forgive in light of God's forgiveness
of us. And when we do, the channels are re-established;
we can pray in power and open ourselves to an awareness of his activity
in our lives.

Application

a) Have my prayers ever been affected by unforgiveness in my life?

b) Is there someone in my life whom I need to forgive,
whether or not I can work toward?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Genesis 30:43

The man became exceedingly prosperous and had many sheep
and female servants and male servants and camels and donkeys.

And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle,
and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are anxious

Phil 4:4-7

4 (Php 3:1; Ro 12:12 Rejoice in the Lord always.
Again I will say, rejoice!
5 (Jas 5:8-9) Let everyone come to know your gentleness.
The Lord is at hand.
6 (Eph 6:18; Mt 6:25-33) Be anxious for nothing, but in everything,
by prayer and supplication with gratitude, make your requests known
to God.
7 (Jn 14:27; Col 3:15; Isa 26:3) And the peace of God, which surpasses
all understanding, will protect your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding,
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 24 of the Month

a) Pray that the Lord will open a door for the message for the Gospel
at every level of Canadian Society. (

Col 4:3

3 while praying also for us, that God would open to
us a door of utterance to speak the mystery of Christ,
for which I am also in chains,

3 withal praying also for us, that God would open unto
us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ,
for which I am also in bonds:

)

b) Pray for the Province of Saskatchewan

I) Pray for the leaders of Saskatchewan,
that God's Spirit would influence
then to act justly,
serve with integrity
and honour high moral standards. ( 1 Tim 2:1 - 4

1 Therefore I exhort first of all that you make supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings for everyone,
2 (Ezr 6:10) for kings and for all who are in authority,
that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty,
3(1Ti 1:1; Lk 1:47) for this is good
and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4 (Eze 18:23; 18:32)who desires all men to be saved
and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

II) Pray for the churches of the province,
that they would be lighthouses
beaming forth the illuminating truth of God's Word.

III) Pray that the Lord would use
the Finding the Hope Campaign
and booklet to turn many hearts to Jesus

)
Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to know His love and His power to save.

Pray to the Lord: "God our Creator, You fulfill my deepest longings.
I give You my hopes and my desires, asking You
to grant them according to Your wisdom and love."

Pray to the Lord and pray to be an honest forgiver.

Pray to the Lord and pray to be obedient to Him.

Pray to the Lord and make your requests known to Him!

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

[...]

Pray for the financial, physical and spiritual needs of Eritrean families
whose loved ones have been imprisoned.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com