Day 330 of MY Second Bible Study journey

The Doctor

Nov 26, 2022, 5:37:06 PM11/26/22
Day 330, 26 November 2022

1) Romans 15,16 2 Corinthians 1:1-2:4

Romans 15

Please Others, Not Yourself

1 (Ro 14:1; 1Th 5:14) We who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses
of the weak and not please ourselves.
2 (Ro 14:19; 1Co 10:24) Let each of us please his neighbor for his good,
leading to edification.
3 (Ps 69:9; Jn 5:30) For even Christ did not please Himself.
But as it is written, "The insults of those who insulted You fell on Me."
(Ps 69:9).
4 (Ro 4:23-24) For whatever was previously written was written
for our instruction, so that through perseverance and encouragement
of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5 (Ro 12:16; 1Co 1:10) Now may the God of perseverance and encouragement
grant you to live in harmony with one another in accordance with Christ
Jesus,
6 (Eph 1:3; Jn 20:17) so that together you may with one voice glorify
the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[1] We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and
not to please ourselves.
[2] Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
[3] For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The
reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
[4] For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our
learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have
hope.
[5] Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one
toward another according to Christ Jesus:
[6] That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of
our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Gospel for Jews and Gentiles Alike

7 Therefore welcome one another, just as Christ also welcomed us,
for the glory of God.
8 (Mt 15:24; 2Co 1:20) Now I say that Jesus Christ has become
a servant to the circumcised on behalf of the truth of God,
to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs,
9 (2Sa 22:50; Ps 18:49) and that the Gentiles might glorify God
for His mercy, as it is written:
"For this reason I will acknowledge You among the Gentiles,
and I will sing praises to Your name."(Ps 18:49.)
10 (Dt 32:43) He also says:
"Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people!"(Dt 32:43.)
11 (Ps 117:1) And again:
"Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles;
let all the peoples praise Him."(Ps 117:1.)
12 (Isa 11:10; Mt 12:21) And again Isaiah says:
"There shall be a root of Jesse;
He who shall rise to reign over the Gentiles,
in Him shall the Gentiles hope."(Isa 11:10.)
13 (Ro 14:17; 12:12) Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy
and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope,
through the power of the Holy Spirit.

[7] Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the
glory of God.
[8] Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the
truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
[9] And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written,
For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy
name.
[10] And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
[11] And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye
people.
[12] And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that
shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
[13] Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that
ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Paul's Missionary Commission

14 (1Co 8:1; 8:7) Now I myself am persuaded concerning you, my brothers,
that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and also
able to instruct one another.
15 (Ro 12:3; 1:5) Nevertheless, brothers, I have written even more boldly
to you on some points, to remind you, because of the grace that is given to
me from God,
16 (Php 2:17; Ro 11:13; Ac 9:15) that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ
to the Gentiles, in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that
the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified
by the Holy Spirit.
17 (Heb 5:1; Php 3:3) In Christ Jesus therefore I have reason to boast
in my service to God.
18 (Ac 15:12; 21:19) For I will not dare to speak of anything except
what Christ has accomplished through me, to make the Gentiles obedient,
by word and deed,
19 (Ac 22:17-21; 2Co 12:12) by the power of signs and wonders,
by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem
and as far around as Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel
of Christ.
20 (2Co 10:13-16) So I have strived to preach the gospel,
not where Christ was named, so that I should not build on another man's
foundation.
21 (Isa 52:15) But as it is written:
"To whom He was not announced, they shall see;
and those who have not heard shall understand."(Isa 52:15.)

[14] And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are
full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one
another.
[15] Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some
sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of
God,
[16] That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles,
ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be
acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
[17] I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those
things which pertain to God.
[18] For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath
not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,
[19] Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so
that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached
the gospel of Christ.
[20] Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was
named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:
[21] But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and
they that have not heard shall understand.

Paul's Plan to Visit Rome

22 (Ro 1:13) For this reason also I was often hindered from coming to you.
23 (Ro 15:32; Ac 19:21) But now, no longer having a place in these regions,
and having a great desire for many years to come to you,
24 (Ro 15:28; Ac 15:3) whenever I go to Spain, I shall come to you,
for I hope to see you when I pass through and to be helped on my way
there by you, when I have first enjoyed your company for a little while.
25 (Ac 19:21; 24:17) But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the
saints.
26 For Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make some contribution
for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
27 (1Co 9:11; Gal 6:6) It has pleased them indeed, and they are their
debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things,
they also ought to minister to them in material things.
28 (Ro 15:24) Therefore, when I have completed this and have given this
blessing to them, I shall come by way of you to Spain,
29 and I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness
of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
30 (2Co 1:11; Col 4:12) Now I ask you, brothers, through the Lord Jesus
Christ and through the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in
your prayers to God on my behalf,
31 (2Th 3:2; 2Co 8:4) that I may be delivered from the unbelievers in
Judea, and that my ministry for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints,
32 (Ac 18:21; 1Co 16:18) so that I may come to you with joy by the will
of God, and may be refreshed together with you.
33 (2Co 13:11; Ro 16:20; Php 4:9) Now the God of peace be with you all.
Amen.

[22] For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.
[23] But now having no more place in these parts, and having a great desire
these many years to come unto you;
[24] Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I
trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by
you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.
[25] But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
[26] For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain
contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
[27] It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the
Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is
also to minister unto them in carnal things.
[28] When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this
fruit, I will come by you into Spain.
[29] And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness
of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
[30] Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for
the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to
God for me;
[31] That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and
that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;
[32] That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you
be refreshed.
[33] Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Romans 16
Personal Greetings
1 (Ac 18:18; 2Co 3:1) I commend to you our sister Phoebe, who is
a servant (Or deacon.) of the church at Cenchrea,
2 (Php 2:29) that you welcome her in the Lord in a manner worthy
of the saints, and that you assist her in whatever matter
she may have need of you, for she has been a helper of many
and of myself as well.
3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus,
4 who risked their own necks for my life, to whom not only I,
but also all the churches of the Gentiles, give thanks.
5 (1Co 16:15; 16:19) Likewise greet the church that is in their house.
Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who is the first convert of Achaia for Christ.
6 (Ro 16:12) Greet Mary, who labored much for us.
7 (Ro 16:11; 16:21) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen
and fellow prisoners, who are noteworthy among the apostles,
who also came to Christ before me.
8 Greet Ampliatus, my beloved in the Lord.
9 Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my beloved Stachys.
10 Greet Apelles, who is approved in Christ.
Greet those who are of the household of Aristobulus.
11 Greet Herodion, my kinsman.
Greet those who are of the household of Narcissus, who are in the Lord.
12 Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labor in the Lord.
Greet the beloved Persis, who also labored much in the Lord.
13 (Mk 15:21) Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother,
who is like a mother to me.
14 Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas,
and the brothers who are with them.
15 (Ro 16:2) Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister,
and Olympas, and all the saints who are with them.
16 (1Co 16:20; 2Co 13:12) Greet one another with a holy kiss.
The churches of Christ greet you.
17 (2Th 3:6; 1Ti 1:3) Now I urge you, brothers, to closely watch those
who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the teaching which
you have learned, and avoid them.
18 (Php 3:19; Col 2:4) For such people do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ,
but their own appetites, and through smooth talk and flattery they deceive
the hearts of the unsuspecting.
19 (Mt 10:16; Ro 1:8) Your obedience has become known to all men.
Therefore I am glad on your behalf. Yet I want you to be wise to that
which is good, and innocent to that which is evil.
20 (Ge 3:15; Ro 15:33) The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
21 (Ac 20:4; 13:1) Timothy, my fellow worker, and Lucius, Jason,
and Sosipater, my kinsmen, greet you.
22 (Gal 6:11) I, Tertius, who wrote this epistle, greet you in the Lord.
23 (Ac 19:22; 1Co 1:14) Gaius, who is host to me and to the whole church,
greets you.
Erastus, who is the city treasurer, and our brother Quartus greet you.
24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

[1] I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church
which is at Cenchrea:
[2] That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist
her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a
succourer of many, and of myself also.
[3] Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
[4] Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I
give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
[5] Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved
Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.
[6] Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us.
[7] Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are
of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
[8] Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord.
[9] Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved.
[10] Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of
Aristobulus' household.
[11] Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of
Narcissus, which are in the Lord.
[12] Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the
beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord.
[13] Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.
[14] Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren
which are with them.
[15] Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and
all the saints which are with them.
[16] Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute
you.
[17] Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and
offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
[18] For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own
belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
[19] For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on
your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and
simple concerning evil.
[20] And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The
grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
[21] Timotheus my workfellow, and Lucius, and Jason, and Sosipater, my
kinsmen, salute you.
[22] I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.
[23] Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, saluteth you. Erastus the
chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.
[24] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Doxology

25 (Ro 2:16; Eph 1:9) Now to Him who has power to establish you according
to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation
of the mystery, which was kept secret for long ages past,
26 (Ro 1:5; 1:2) but now is revealed by the prophetic Scriptures according
to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all the Gentiles
for the obedience of faith,
27 (Ro 11:36; 1Ti 1:17) to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ,
to whom be glory forever. Amen.

[25] Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and
the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery,
which was kept secret since the world began,
[26] But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets,
according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all
nations for the obedience of faith:
[27] To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

2 Corinthians 1

Salutation

1 (Eph 1:1; 2Ti 1:1) Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ
by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,
To the church of God which is at Corinth,
with all the saints who are in all Achaia:
2 (Ro 1:7) Grace to you and peace from God our Father
and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

[1] Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our
brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints
which are in all Achaia:
[2] Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus
Christ.

Paul's Thanksgiving After Affliction

3 (Eph 1:3; 1Pe 1:3; Ro 15:5-6) Blessed be God, the Father
of our Lord ­Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies,
and the God of all comfort,
4 (Isa 51:12; 2Co 7:6-7) who comforts us in all our tribulation,
that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble
by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
5 (Col 1:24; Php 3:10) As the sufferings of Christ abound in us,
so our consolation also abounds through Christ.
6 (2Ti 2:10) If we are afflicted, it is for your consolation
and salvation, which is effective in enduring the same
sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted,
it is for your consolation and salvation.
7 Our hope for you is steadfast, knowing that as you partake
in the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.
8 (1Co 15:32) For we would not, brothers, have you ignorant
of our troubles which came to us in Asia. We were pressured
beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even
of life.
9 (Lk 18:9) We had the sentence of death in ourselves,
so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God
who raises the dead.
10 (Ro 15:31) He delivered us from so great a death
and does deliver us. In Him we trust that He will
still deliver us,
11 (2Co 4:15; Php 1:19) as you help together by praying
for us, so that thanks may be given by many on our behalf
for the gift bestowed upon us by means of many persons.

[3] Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of
mercies, and the God of all comfort;
[4] Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort
them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are
comforted of God.
[5] For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also
aboundeth by Christ.
[6] And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation,
which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also
suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and
salvation.
[7] And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of
the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
[8] For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came
to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch
that we despaired even of life:
[9] But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust
in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
[10] Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we
trust that he will yet deliver us;
[11] Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed
upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our
behalf.

Paul's Travel Plans Change

12 (2Co 2:17; 1Co 2:13) For our rejoicing is this:
The testimony of our conscience is that we conducted
ourselves in the world, and more abundantly toward you,
in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom,
but by the grace of God.
13 For we write nothing else to you than what you read
or understand. And I trust you will understand even to the end,
14 (1Co 1:8; 2Co 2:5) as you have understood us in part,
that we are yours, boasting even as you are ours
on the day of the Lord Jesus.
15 (Ro 1:11; 1Co 4:19) In this confidence I planned
to come to you before, that you might have a second benefit:
16 (1Co 16:5-7) to visit you while going to Macedonia,
and to come again to you from Macedonia, and then be sent by you
on my way to Judea.
17 (2Co 10:2-3) Therefore, when I was planning this,
did I do this lightly? Or the things that I plan,
do I plan according to the flesh, so that I would tell you
"Yes, yes" and "No, no"?
18 (1Co 1:9) But as God is true, we did not tell you "Yes" and "No."
19 (Heb 13:8; Ac 18:5) For the Son of God, Jesus Christ,
who was preached among you by us, even by Silas, Timothy,
and me, was not "Yes" and "No." In Him it was "Yes."
20 (Rev 3:14; 1Co 14:16) For all the promises of God
in Him are "Yes," and in Him "Amen," to the glory of God through us.
21 (1Jn 2:20; 2:27) Now He who establishes us with you in Christ
and has anointed us is God,
22 (2Co 5:5; Eph 1:13-14) who also has sealed us
and established the guarantee with the Spirit in our hearts.
23 (Ro 1:9; 1Co 4:21) Moreover I call God as a witness
upon my soul, that it is to spare you that
I have not yet gone to Corinth.
24 (Ro 11:20; 1Co 15:1) Not that we have dominion over your faith,
but we are fellow workers for your joy, for by faith you stand.

2 Corinthians 1

[12] For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in
simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of
God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to
you-ward.
[13] For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or
acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end;
[14] As also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing,
even as ye also are ours in the day of the Lord Jesus.
[15] And in this confidence I was minded to come unto you before, that ye
might have a second benefit;
[16] And to pass by you into Macedonia, and to come again out of Macedonia
unto you, and of you to be brought on my way toward Judaea.
[17] When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness? or the things
that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with me there
should be yea yea, and nay nay?
[18] But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.
[19] For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us,
even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was
yea.
[20] For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the
glory of God by us.
[21] Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us,
is God;
[22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our
hearts.
[23] Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came
not as yet unto Corinth.
[24] Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your
joy: for by faith ye stand.

2 Corinthians 2

1 (2Co 1:23; 1Co 4:21) But I determined this for myself,
that I would not come again to you in sorrow.
2 (2Co 7:8) For if I make you sorrowful, who then will there be
to make me rejoice, but the one whom I have made sorrowful?
3 (Gal 5:10; 2Co 8:22) I wrote concerning this matter to you,
so that when I came, I would not be grieved by those in whom
I ought to rejoice, having confidence in you all,
that my joy is your joy.
4 (2Co 7:12) For out of much affliction and anguish of heart
I wrote to you with many tears, not that you should be grieved,
but that you might know the love which I have more abundantly for you.

[1] But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in
heaviness.
[2] For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the
same which is made sorry by me?
[3] And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow
from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my
joy is the joy of you all.
[4] For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with
many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love
which I have more abundantly unto you.

2) Our Daily Bread for 26 November 2022
Entitled "Blessed Repentance" </a>

Hosea 14:1-4

1 (Hos 6:1; 12:6) Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God,
for you have stumbled because of your iniquity.
2 (Heb 13:15; Ps 69:30-31) Take words with you
and return to the Lord.
Say to Him,
"Take away all iniquity,
and accept that which is good;
and we will offer the fruit [Gk. Syr.; Heb. bulls.] of our lips!
3 (Ps 10:14; 33:17) Assyria will not save us,
we will not ride on horses.
We will no longer say, 'Our God,'
to the work of our hands.
In You the orphan finds mercy."
4 (Zep 3:17; Isa 12:1) I will heal their backsliding;
I will love them freely,
for My anger has turned away from him.

[1] O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine
iniquity.
[2] Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all
iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.
[3] Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we
say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the
fatherless findeth mercy.
[4] I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger
is turned away from him.

"BROKE" was the street name Grady answered to and those five letters were
proudly emblazoned on his license plates. Though not intended in a spiritual
sense, the moniker fit the middle-aged gambler, adulterer, and deceiver. He
was broken, bankrupt, and far from God. However, all that changed one evening
when he was convicted by God's Spirit in a hotel room. He told his wife, "I
think I'm getting saved!" That evening he confessed sins he thought he'd take
with him to the grave and came to Jesus for forgiveness. For the next thirty
years, the man who didn't think he'd live to see forty lived and served God
as a changed believer in Jesus. His license plates changed too-
from "BROKE" to "REPENT."

Repent. That's what Grady did and that's what God called Israel to do in Hosea
14:1-2. "O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God;. . . . Take with you words,
and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us
graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips." Big or small, few or
many, our sins separate us from God. But the gap can be closed by turning from
sin to God and receiving the forgiveness He's graciously provided through the
death of Jesus. Whether you're a struggling believer in Christ or one whose
life looks like Grady's did, your forgiveness is only a prayer away.

By: Arthur Jackson

Reflect & Pray

What sins separate you from God? Are you ready to confess your need
for Him and receive the forgiveness that He's provided through His Son,
Jesus?

Father, search my heart for anything that may
contribute to my downfall and distance from you.
Cleanse me, forgive me, and use me for Your honour.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 6 Showing Grace to Others - Day 7 Our God reigns!

Is 52:7

7 How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of him who brings good news,
who proclaims peace,
who brings good news of happiness,
who proclaims salvation,
who says to Zion,
"Your God reigns!"

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good
tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that
publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

A messenger has a single duty: to carry information. During World War II, many
parents dreaded the arrival of the Western Union messenger, believing that
delivery of a telegram meant that their son has been wounded or killed.
Isaiah 52:7, however, indicates that a messenger's word is not always
unwelcome. "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring
good news ..." the prophet says. The "Good news"? Peace , salvation,
and the resultant message: "Your God reigns!"
Our God reigns - in forgiveness, in reconciliation, bringing peace and freedom
and joy. Our God reigns, controlling our lives with a loving hand, ordering
our experiences for our good, and his glory. Our God reigns in relationships,
in professional circumstances, in families, in churches. The good news is
proclaimed: Life is not unmanageable. Our God Reigns!
When we know that God reigns in our lives, we can relax, let go of the reins
of control, and live in peace. We can forgive those who have hurt us, knowing
that God will reveal to them what they need to know. We can live
with good times and bad, recognising that God uses every circumstance
of our lives to conform us to the image of his Son. We can rejoice in his
grace, free from the compulsion to earn his love and acceptance, and
we can live in the peace that comes only through his lordship in our lives.
Our God reigns - that is , indeed "Good news".

Application

a) Have I ever felt that life was "out of control"? Why?

b) What does it mean in practical terms to know that "Our God reigns"?

4) Prosperity verses from Kenneth Copeland

Deut 8:18

18 But you must remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you
the ability to get wealth, so that He may establish His covenant which
He swore to your fathers, as it is today.

18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee
power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto
thy fathers, as it is this day.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are lonely

PSALMS 25:15-21

15 My eyes are ever toward the Lord,
for He will lead my feet from the net.
16 Turn to me, and be gracious to me,
for I am isolated and afflicted.
17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
bring me out of my distresses.
18 Look on my pain and misery,
and forgive all my sins.
19 Consider my enemies, for they are many,
and they hate me with violent hatred.
20 Watch over my life, and deliver me!
Let me not suffer shame,
for I seek refuge in You.
21 Truth and integrity will preserve me
while I wait for You.

15 Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD;
For he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
16 Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me;
For I am desolate and afflicted.
17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged:
O bring thou me out of my distresses.
18 Look upon mine affliction and my pain;
And forgive all my sins.
19 Consider mine enemies; for they are many;
And they hate me with cruel hatred.
20 O keep my soul, and deliver me:
Let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me;
For I wait on thee.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

Day 26 of the Month

a) Pray that Christians in the marketplace will demonstrate exemplary
work ethics and shine as witnesses of Christ (Matt 5:16

16 Let your light so shine before men that they may
see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your
good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

)

b) Pray for the Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut

I) Pray for the leaders of Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut,
that God's Spirit would influence then to act justly,
serve with integrity
and honour high moral standards. ( 1 Tim 2:1 - 4

1 Therefore I exhort first of all that you make supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings for everyone,
2 (Ezr 6:10) for kings and for all who are in authority,
that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty,
3(1Ti 1:1; Lk 1:47) for this is good
and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4 (Eze 18:23; 18:32)who desires all men to be saved
and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 for kings, and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge
of the truth.

II) Pray for the churches of the province,
that they would be lighthouses
beaming forth the illuminating truth of God's Word.

III) Pray that the Lord would use
the Finding the Hope Campaign
and booklet to turn many hearts to Jesus

)

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to put others ahead of you.

Pray to the Lord: "Father, search my heart for anything that may
contribute to my downfall and distance from you.
Cleanse me, forgive me, and use me for Your honour."

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember He Reigns.

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember to keep His covenant.

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember to seek refuge in Him!

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

[...]

Pray that Somali youth who have become disillusioned with Islam will
seek and find "The Truth," personified through the Risen Saviour.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com