Day 324 of My Second Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Nov 21, 2022, 6:40:34 PM11/21/22
Day 325, 21 November 2022

1) 1 Corinthians 16
Acts 19:21-41
Acts 20:1-6
Romans 1

1 Corinthians 16
The Contribution for the Saints

1 (Ac 24:17; 16:6) Now concerning the collection for the saints,
as I have given instruction to the churches of Galatia, so even you must do.
2 (Ac 20:7; Rev 1:10; Lk 24:1) On the first day of the week let every
one of you lay in store, as God has prospered him,
so that no collections be made when I come.
3 And when I come, I will send whomever you approve with your letters
to take your generous gifts to Jerusalem.
4 If it is fitting that I go also, they will go with me.

[1] Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to
the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
[2] Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store,
as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
[3] And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will
I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
[4] And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me.

Paul's Plans for Travel

5 (Ac 19:21; 1Co 4:19) Now I will come to you after I pass through Macedonia.
For I will pass through Macedonia.
6 (Ac 15:3; Ro 15:24) It may be that I will remain, of course,
and spend the winter with you,
that you may send me on my journey wherever I go.
7 (Ac 18:21; 1Co 4:19) For I do not wish to see you now in passing.
Instead, I trust to remain a while with you, if the Lord permits.
8 (Ac 2:1) But I will remain at Ephesus until Pentecost.
9 (Ac 14:27) For a great and effective door has opened to me,
and there are many adversaries.
10 (1Co 15:58; 4:17) Now if Timothy comes, see that he may remain
with you without fear, for he does the work of the Lord, as I also do.
11 (Ac 15:33; 1Ti 4:12) Therefore let no one despise him.
But send him on his way in peace, that he may come to me.
I am expecting him with the brothers.
12 (1Co 1:12; 3:5) As for our brother Apollos, I greatly wanted him
to come to you with the brothers. But he was not willing at all to come
at this time. However, he will come when he has a convenient time.
13 (Gal 5:1; Eph 6:10) Watch, stand fast in the faith, be bold like men,
and be strong.
14 Let all that you do be done with love.
15 (Ro 16:5; 1Co 1:16) You know the house of Stephanas,
that it is the first fruits of Achaia, and that they have devoted
themselves to the ministry of the saints. So I ask you, brothers,
16 (Heb 13:17; 1Th 5:12) that you submit yourselves to such people,
and to everyone who helps and labours with us.
17 (2Co 11:9; Php 2:30) I am happy about the arrival of Stephanas,
Fortunatus, and Achaicus, for they supplied what was lacking on your part.
18 (2Co 7:13; 1Th 5:12) They have refreshed my spirit and yours.
Therefore acknowledge these men.

[5] Now I will come unto you, when I shall pass through Macedonia: for I do
pass through Macedonia.
[6] And it may be that I will abide, yea, and winter with you, that ye may
bring me on my journey whithersoever I go.
[7] For I will not see you now by the way; but I trust to tarry a while with
you, if the Lord permit.
[8] But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.
[9] For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many
adversaries.
[10] Now if Timotheus come, see that he may be with you without fear: for he
worketh the work of the Lord, as I also do.
[11] Let no man therefore despise him: but conduct him forth in peace, that
he may come unto me: for I look for him with the brethren.
[12] As touching our brother Apollos, I greatly desired him to come unto you
with the brethren: but his will was not at all to come at this time; but he
will come when he shall have convenient time.
[13] Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
[14] Let all your things be done with charity.
[15] I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is
the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the
ministry of the saints,)
[16] That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with
us, and laboureth.
[17] I am glad of the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus: for
that which was lacking on your part they have supplied.
[18] For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye
them that are such.

Final Request and Greetings

19 (Ac 18:2) The churches of Asia greet you. Aquila and Priscilla
greet you heartily in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.
20 (Ro 16:16) All the brothers greet you. Greet one another with a holy kiss.
21 (Gal 6:11; Col 4:18) I, Paul, write this greeting with my own hand.
22 (Ro 9:3; Jn 14:21) If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ,
let him be accursed. Come, O Lord!
23 (Ro 16:20) The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
24 My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

[19] The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much
in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.
[20] All the brethren greet you. Greet ye one another with an holy kiss.
[21] The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand.
[22] If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema
Maranatha.
[23] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
[24] My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Acts 19:21-41

The Riot in Ephesus

21 (Ac 20:22; 20:16; 18:21) After these things happened, Paul determined
in his spirit to pass through Macedonia and Achaia and go to Jerusalem,
saying, "After I have been there, I must also see Rome."
22 (Ac 13:5; Ro 16:23) He sent two who ministered to him,
Timothy and Erastus, into Macedonia, but he delayed in Asia for a time.
23 (Ac 19:9; 9:2) About that time great trouble arose about the Way.
24 (Ac 16:16) For a silversmith named Demetrius, who made silver shrines
for Artemis, brought much business to the craftsmen.
25 (Ac 16:19) He gathered them together with the workmen of similar trades
and said, "Men, you know that by this trade we have our wealth.
26 (Isa 44:10-20; Ac 17:29) And you see and hear, not only at Ephesus,
but almost throughout all Asia, that this Paul has persuaded
and turned away many people,
saying that these things made by hands are not gods.
27 Now not only is our trade in danger of coming into disrepute,
but also the temple of the great goddess Artemis,
whom all Asia and the world worship,
may be discredited and her magnificence destroyed."
28 When they heard this, they were full of anger and cried out,
"Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!"
29 (Ac 20:4; 27:2; Col 4:10) The city was filled with confusion.
And in unison they seized Gaius and Aristarchus, Paul's traveling
companions from Macedonia, and rushed into the theater.
30 When Paul intended to go in among the crowd,
the disciples would not let him.
31 Even some of the rulers of Asia, who were his friends,
sent to him begging him not to venture into the theater.
32 (Ac 21:34) The assembly was confused. Therefore some cried out one thing
and some another, and most of them did not know why they had come together.
33 (Ac 12:17) The Jews pushed Alexander to the front as the crowd
prompted him. Alexander motioned with his hand, wishing to make his defense
to the mob.
34 (Ac 19:28) But when they learned that he was a Jew, for about two hours
they all with one voice cried out, "Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!"
35 The city clerk quieted the crowd and said, "Men of Ephesus,
what man is there who does not know that the city of the Ephesians
is the guardian of the temple of the great Artemis
and of the image which fell from heaven?
36 Seeing then that these things are undeniable, you ought to be quiet
and do nothing rash.
37 (Ro 2:22) For you have brought these men here who are neither temple
robbers nor blasphemers of your goddess.
38 (Ac 13:7) So if Demetrius and the craftsmen who are with him have
a complaint against anyone, the courts are open and there are proconsuls.
Let them press charges against one another.
39 If you seek anything further, it shall be settled in the legal assembly.
40 For we are in danger of being charged with rioting today,
since there is no reason we may give to account for this uproar."
41 When he had said this, he dismissed the assembly.

[21] After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had
passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I
have been there, I must also see Rome.
[22] So he sent into Macedonia two of them that ministered unto him,
Timotheus and Erastus; but he himself stayed in Asia for a season.
[23] And the same time there arose no small stir about that way.
[24] For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver
shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;
[25] Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said,
Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.
[26] Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost
throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people,
saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:
[27] So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but
also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her
magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.
[28] And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried
out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.
[29] And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius
and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed
with one accord into the theatre.
[30] And when Paul would have entered in unto the people, the disciples
suffered him not.
[31] And certain of the chief of Asia, which were his friends, sent unto
him, desiring him that he would not adventure himself into the theatre.
[32] Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was
confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.
[33] And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him
forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his
defence unto the people.
[34] But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the
space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.
[35] And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of
Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the
Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the image which
fell down from Jupiter?
[36] Seeing then that these things cannot be spoken against, ye ought to be
quiet, and to do nothing rashly.
[37] For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of
churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.
[38] Wherefore if Demetrius, and the craftsmen which are with him, have a
matter against any man, the law is open, and there are deputies: let them
implead one another.
[39] But if ye inquire any thing concerning other matters, it shall be
determined in a lawful assembly.
[40] For we are in danger to be called in question for this day's uproar,
there being no cause whereby we may give an account of this concourse.
[41] And when he had thus spoken, he dismissed the assembly.

Acts 20:1-6

Paul's Journey to Macedonia and Greece

1 (Ac 19:21) After the uproar ceased, Paul summoned the disciples
and embraced them and departed for Macedonia.
2 When he had gone through that region and had greatly exhorted them,
he arrived in Greece,
3 (Ac 20:19; 9:23-24) and stayed there three months. When the Jews
plotted against him as he was about to sail to Syria,
he decided to return through Macedonia.
4 (Ac 19:29; 16:1; 21:29) Accompanying him to Asia were Sopater of Berea,
and Aristarchus and Secundus of Thessalonica, Gaius of Derbe, and Timothy,
and Tychicus and Trophimus of Asia.
5 (Ac 16:8; 16:10-11) These men went forward and waited for us at Troas.
6 (Ac 12:3; 16:12) But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days
of Unleavened Bread, and after five days we came to them at Troas,
where we stayed for seven days.

[1] And after the uproar was ceased, Paul called unto him the disciples, and
embraced them, and departed for to go into Macedonia.
[2] And when he had gone over those parts, and had given them much
exhortation, he came into Greece,
[3] And there abode three months. And when the Jews laid wait for him, as he
was about to sail into Syria, he purposed to return through Macedonia.
[4] And there accompanied him into Asia Sopater of Berea; and of the
Thessalonians, Aristarchus and Secundus; and Gaius of Derbe, and Timotheus;
and of Asia, Tychicus and Trophimus.
[5] These going before tarried for us at Troas.
[6] And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and
came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

Romans 1

Salutation

1 (Ro 15:16; 1Co 1:1) Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ,
called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God,
2 (Ro 3:21; Titus 1:2) which He promised beforehand through
His prophets in the Holy Scriptures,
3 (Gal 4:4; Mt 1:1; Jn 1:14) concerning His Son, Jesus Christ
our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh
4 (2Co 13:4) and declared to be the Son of God with power,
according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.
5 (Ac 6:7; 1:25) Through Him we have received grace and apostleship
for the obedience of faith among all nations for His name,
6 (Rev 17:14) among whom you also are called by Jesus Christ:
7 (Col 1:2; 2Co 13:14) To all who are in Rome, beloved of God,
called to be saints:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

[1] Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto
the gospel of God,
[2] (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
[3] Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of
David according to the flesh;
[4] And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of
holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
[5] By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the
faith among all nations, for his name:
[6] Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
[7] To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to
you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul's Desire to Visit Rome

8 (Ro 16:19; 6:17) First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all,
because your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
9 (2Ti 1:3; Ro 9:1; 2Co 1:23) For God is my witness, whom I serve
with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing,
I mention you always in my prayers,
10 (Ac 18:21) making request if, by any means, now at last I might
find a way in the will of God to come to you.
11 (Ro 15:23) For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some
spiritual gift, so that you may be strengthened.
12 (2Pe 1:1) This is so that I may be encouraged together
with you by each other's faith, both yours and mine.
13 (Jn 4:36; Ac 19:21) Now I would not have you unaware, brothers,
that I often intended to come to you (but was prevented until now),
that I might have a harvest among you also, even as among the other Gentiles.
14 I am a debtor both to the Greeks and to the barbarians,
both to the wise and to the unwise.
15 So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel
to you also who are in Rome.

[8] First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith
is spoken of throughout the whole world.
[9] For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his
Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;
[10] Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous
journey by the will of God to come unto you.
[11] For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift,
to the end ye may be established;
[12] That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith
both of you and me.
[13] Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed
to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among
you also, even as among other Gentiles.
[14] I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the
wise, and to the unwise.
[15] So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that
are at Rome also.

The Definition of the Gospel

16 (Ro 2:9; Mk 8:38) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ.
For it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes,
to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 (Hab 2:4; Gal 3:11; Ro 3:21) For in it the righteousness of God
is revealed from faith to faith. As it is written,
"The just shall live by faith." Hab 2:4.

[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of
God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also
to the Greek.
[17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith:
as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
The Guilt of Mankind

18 (Eph 5:6; Col 3:6) The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against
all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth
through unrighteousness.
19 (Ro 1:20) For what may be known about God is clear to them since
God has shown it to them.
20 (1Ti 1:17; Ps 19:1-6) The invisible things about Him-His eternal power
and deity-have been clearly seen since the creation of the world
and are understood by the things that are made, so that they are
without excuse.
21 (Jer 2:5; 2Ki 17:15) Because, although they knew God, they did not
glorify Him or give thanks to Him as God,
but became futile in their imaginations,
and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 (Jer 10:14) Claiming to be wise, they became fools.
23 (Ps 106:20; Jer 2:11) They changed the glory of the incorruptible God
into an image made like corruptible man, birds, four-footed beasts,
and creeping things.
24 (1Th 4:4) Therefore God gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts
of their hearts, to dishonor their own bodies among themselves.
25 (Isa 44:20; Ro 9:5) They turned the truth of God into a lie
and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator,
who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 (Ro 1:24; Ge 19:5) For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable
passions. Their women exchanged the natural function for what is against
nature.
27 (Lev 18:22; 20:13) Likewise the men, leaving the natural function
of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another, men with men
doing that which is shameful, and receiving in themselves
the due penalty of their error.
[A warning for homosexuals and lesbians from the lord about
their ungodly lifestyle]
28 (Jer 6:30; Ro 1:24) And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God,
God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not proper.
29 (2Co 12:20) They were filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,
wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife,
deceit. They are gossips,
30 (2Ti 3:2) slanderers, God-haters, insolent, proud, boastful, inventors
of evil things, and disobedient toward parents,
31 (2Ti 3:3) without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural
affection, calloused, and unmerciful,
32 (Ro 6:21; Ps 50:18) who know the righteous requirement of God,
that those who commit such things are worthy of death.
They not only do them, but also give hearty approval
to those who practice them.

[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness
and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God
hath shewed it unto them.
[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are
clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal
power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God,
neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their
foolish heart was darkened.
[22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like
to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping
things.
[24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of
their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the
creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their
women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned
in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is
unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which
was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God
gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not
convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness,
covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit,
malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of
evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection,
implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are
worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do
them.

2) Our Daily Bread for 21 November 2022
Entitled "Reading Backwards" </a>

John 2:13-22

The Cleansing of the Temple

Mt 21:12-17; Mk 11:15-17; Lk 19:45-48

13 (Lk 2:41; Jn 11:55) The Passover of the Jews was at hand,
and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14 (Mk 11:15; Lk 19:45-46) In the temple He found those who were selling oxen
and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers sitting there.
15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple,
with the sheep and oxen. He poured out the changers' money
and overturned the tables.
16 (Lk 2:49) He said to those who sold doves,
"Take these things away!
Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!"
17 (Ps 69:9) His disciples remembered that it was written,
"Zeal for Your house will consume Me."Ps 69:9.
18 (Jn 6:30) Then the Jews said to Him, "What sign do You show us,
seeing that You do these things?"
19 (Mt 27:40; Mk 14:58) Jesus answered them,
"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
20 Then the Jews said, "It has taken 46 years to build this temple,
and will You raise it up in three days?"
21 (1Co 6:19; Jn 1:14) But He was speaking concerning the temple of His body.
22 (Jn 12:16; 14:26) Therefore, when He was raised from the dead,
His disciples remembered that He had said this to them.
And they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

[13] And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
[14] And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and
the changers of money sitting:
[15] And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of
the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money,
and overthrew the tables;
[16] And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not
my Father's house an house of merchandise.
[17] And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine
house hath eaten me up.
[18] Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto
us, seeing that thou doest these things?
[19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three
days I will raise it up.
[20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building,
and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
[21] But he spake of the temple of his body.
[22] When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered
that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the
word which Jesus had said.

Reading the last chapter of a mystery novel first may sound like a bad idea to
those who love the suspense of a good story. But some people enjoy reading a
book more if they know how it ends.

In Reading Backwards, author Richard Hays shows how important the practice is
for our understanding of the Bible. By illustrating how the unfolding words
and events of Scripture anticipate, echo, and throw light on one another,
Professor Hays gives us reason to read our Bibles forward and backward.

Hays reminds readers that it was only after Jesus' resurrection that His
disciples understood His claim to rebuild a destroyed temple in three days.
The apostle John tells us, "But he spake of the temple of his body." (John
2:21). Only then could they understand a meaning of their Passover celebration
never before understood (see Matthew 26:17-29). Only in retrospect could they
reflect on how Jesus gave fullness of meaning to an ancient king's deep
feelings for the house of God (Psalm 69:9; John 2:16-17). Only by rereading
their Scriptures in light of the true temple of God (Jesus Himself) could the
disciples grasp how the ritual of Israel's religion and Messiah would throw
light on one another.

And now, only by reading these same Scriptures backward and forward, can we
see in Jesus everything that any of us has ever needed or longed for.

By: Mart DeHaan

Reflect & Pray

What difficulties concern you about your future? When reflecting on your
life, how are you learning to understand and believe God's story that's
best understood and loved when read with eternity in view?

Father in heaven, thank You for letting me live long enough to see Your
ability to show up and reveal the wonder of Your presence in ways I
could not have foreseen.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 6 Showing Grace to Others - Day 2 - The key to the Prison Cell

Matt 6:14-15

14 For if you forgive men for their sins, your heavenly Father will
also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men for their sins,
neither will your Father forgive your sins.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will
also forgive you: 15 but if ye forgive not men their trespasses,
neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Ann had been badly wounded in a relationship that had ended in anger
and accusation. For more than a year, Ann nursed her bitterness, rallying
support for her attitudes from friends and colleagues. Any time she saw
her former friend, Ann put up an icy wall of hostility. She thought she was
"getting over" the hurt, but the very mention of her friend's name brought
back a flood of negative feelings. Ann was trapped, locked in a prison of
unforgiveness , a jail built block by block by her own unwillingness to
forgive. Ann didn't "get over it"; instead, her wounds festered
and her bitterness grew worse.
Then one day - she never knew how - Ann let go of her bitterness. The barriers
of hostility and anger melted away, and when she saw her friend again, she was
able to forgive. And Ann was finally able to turn to the Lord for her own
healing and forgiveness.
"If you do not forgive," Jesus says - and the statement falls hard on
unforgiving hearts, "Neither will you be forgiven." In one sense, God's
forgiveness is unconditional - we do not have to earn or deserve it, and it is
always available to us. But we cannot experience the forgiveness God has
extended to us when we harbour unforgiveness towards others and build walls
of bitterness in our hearts.
When we refuse forgiveness toward those who have hurt or betrayed us, we do
not keep them in bondage, but ourselves. We lock ourselves away for an
awareness of God's loving presence; we imprison ourselves in a cell of
revenge. But when we reach out to forgive, we turn in the lock;
the door is open for our own sins to be forgiven and our own hearts
cleansed and purified.

Application

a) Why is forgiving others a condition for experiencing forgiveness
in my own life?

b) How can these verses have a practical effect upon my willingness
to forgive others?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Gen 14:22-23

22 (Ex 6:8; Da 12:7) But Abram said to the king of Sodom,
"I have lifted up my hand to the Lord, God Most High,
the Possessor of heaven and earth,
23 (2Ki 5:16; Est 9:15-16) that I will take nothing that is yours,
not a thread or a sandal strap; lest you say, 'I have made Abram rich.'"

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand
unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,
23 that I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will
not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say,
I have made Abram rich:

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

God's Unfailing Love

Lamen 3:19-24

19 (La 3:5; 3:15) Remember my affliction and my misery,
the wormwood and the gall.
20 (Ps 42:5-6; 42:11) Surely my soul remembers
and is humbled within me.
21 (Ps 130:7) But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
22 (Mal 3:6; Ps 78:38) It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed;
His compassions do not fail.
23 (Zep 3:5; Ps 36:5) They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
24 (Ps 16:5; 73:26) "The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in Him."

19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery,
The wormwood and the gall.
20 My soul hath them still in remembrance,
And is humbled in me.
21 This I recall to my mind,
Therefore have I hope.
22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed,
Because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning:
Great is thy faithfulness.
24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul;
Therefore will I hope in him.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

21st Day of the Month

a) Pray for the leaders our educational system, that they would
have wisdom and make God honouring decisions

(

1 Therefore I exhort first of all that you make
supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and thanksgivings for everyone,
2 for kings and for all who are in authority,
that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life
in all godliness and honesty,

)

b) Pray that those who serve in law enforcement will have the resources
they need and the vigilance their work requires.

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to know His Will and those he give over to Satan.

Pray to the Lord: "Father in heaven, thank You for letting me
live long enough to see Your ability to show up and reveal
the wonder of Your presence in ways I could not have foreseen."

Pray to the Lord and pray to be a strong forgiver.

Pray to the Lord and pray to know who can make your prosperous.

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember that His mercies are new every morning!

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

[...]

Pray for missionaries who are distributing Bibles in Columbia's
dangerous "red zones".

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com

Steve Hayes

Nov 23, 2022, 12:29:38 AM11/23/22
On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:40:32 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
(The Doctor) wrote:

>Day 325, 21 November 2022

I wonder if more people might be interested in reading this if they
thought it was about something more interesting than YOUR Bible study
journey -- that it could be someone else's Bible study journey too.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com

For information about why crossposting is (usually) good, and multiposting (nearly always) bad, see: