Day 320 of My Second Bible Study Journey

1 view

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2022, 7:21:11 PM11/16/22
Day 320, 16 November 2022

1) Acts 18:24-28
Acts 19:1-20
1 Corinthians 1
1 Corinthians 2
1 Corinthians 3

Acts 18:24-28

Apollos Preaches in Ephesus

24 (1Co 1:12; 4:6) Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, born in Alexandria,
who was an eloquent man and powerful in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.
25 (Ac 19:3; Ro 12:11) This man was instructed in the way of the Lord,
knowing only the baptism of John, but being fervent in spirit,
he accurately spoke and taught the things concerning the Lord.
26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Aquila and Priscilla
heard him, they took him and explained the way of God more accurately.
27 (Ac 18:18; 1Co 3:6) When Apollos intended to pass into Achaia,
the brothers wrote to encourage the disciples to welcome him.
On arriving, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace.
28 (Ac 18:5; 9:22) For he vehemently refuted the Jews publicly,
proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

[24] And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man,
and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
[25] This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in
the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing
only the baptism of John.
[26] And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and
Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way
of God more perfectly.
[27] And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote,
exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them
much which had believed through grace:
[28] For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the
scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

Acts 19:1-20

Ephesians Receive the Holy Spirit

1 (1Co 1:12; 16:12) While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through
the upper regions and came to Ephesus. He found some disciples
2 (Jn 7:39) and said to them, "Have you received the Holy Spirit
since you believed?"
They said to him, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."
3 (Ac 18:25; Mt 28:19) He said to them, "Into what then were you baptized?"
They said, "Into John's baptism."
4 (Jn 1:7; 1:27) Paul said, "John indeed baptized with the baptism
of repentance, telling the people that they should believe in the One
coming after him, that is, in Christ Jesus."
5 (Ac 8:16; 8:12) When they heard this, they were baptized in the name
of the Lord Jesus.
6 (Ac 2:4; 6:6) When Paul had laid his hands on them,
the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in other tongues and prophesied.
7 There were about twelve men in all.
8 (Ac 1:3; 28:23) He went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months,
lecturing and persuading concerning the kingdom of God.
9 (Ac 9:2; 19:23) But when some were hardened and did not believe,
but spoke evil of the Way before the crowd, he withdrew from them
and took the disciples, lecturing daily in the school of Tyrannus.
10 (Ac 20:31; 16:6) This continued for two years, so that all who lived
in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

[1] And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having
passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain
disciples,
[2] He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?
And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any
Holy Ghost.
[3] And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said,
Unto John's baptism.
[4] Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance,
saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come
after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
[5] When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
[6] And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them;
and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
[7] And all the men were about twelve.
[8] And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three
months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.
[9] But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that
way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the
disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.
[10] And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which
dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

The Sons of Sceva

11 (Ac 5:12) God worked powerful miracles by the hands of Paul.
12 (Ac 5:15) So handkerchiefs or aprons he had touched were brought to
the sick, and the diseases left them, and the evil spirits went out of them.
13 (Mt 12:27; Mk 9:38) Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists invoked
the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying,
"We command you to come out in the name of Jesus whom Paul preaches."
14 There were seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva doing this.
15 The evil spirit answered, "I know Jesus, and I know Paul, but who are you?"
16 Then the man in whom the evil spirit was jumped on them, overpowered them,
and prevailed against them, so that they fled from that house naked
and wounded.
17 (Ac 5:5; 5:11) This became known to all Jews and Greeks living in Ephesus.
And fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
18 (Mt 3:6) Many who believed came confessing and telling their deeds.
19 Many who practiced magic brought their books together
and burned them before everyone. They calculated their value,
which equaled fifty thousand drachmas.
(A drachma was worth about a day's wage.)
20 (Ac 6:7; 12:24) So the word of the Lord powerfully grew and spread.

[11] And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
[12] So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or
aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out
of them.
[13] Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call
over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We
adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
[14] And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the
priests, which did so.
[15] And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know;
but who are ye?
[16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame
them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked
and wounded.
[17] And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus;
and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
[18] And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.
[19] Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together,
and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and
found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.
[20] So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

1 Corinthians 1

Greeting and Thanksgiving

1 (Ro 1:1; Ac 18:17) Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ
through the will of God, and Sosthenes, our brother,
2 (Ro 1:7; Ac 18:1) To the church of God which is at Corinth,
to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints,
with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,
both their Lord and ours:
3 (Ro 1:7) Grace to you and peace from God our Father
and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4 (Ro 1:8) I thank my God always on your behalf for the grace of God
which has been given to you through Jesus Christ.
5 (2Co 8:7; 9:11; Ro 15:14) By Him you are enriched in everything,
in all speech and in all knowledge,
6 (Rev 1:2; 1Ti 2:6) even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you,
7 (Php 3:20; 2Pe 3:12) so that you are not lacking in any gift while waiting
for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
8 (1Th 3:13; Php 1:6; 1:10) He will strengthen you to the end,
so that you may be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 (1Jn 1:3; Isa 49:7; Dt 7:9) God is faithful, and by Him you were called
to the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

[1] Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God,
and Sosthenes our brother,
[2] Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified
in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon
the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
[3] Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord
Jesus Christ.
[4] I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is
given you by Jesus Christ;
[5] That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all
knowledge;
[6] Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
[7] So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord
Jesus Christ:
[8] Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the
day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[9] God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son
Jesus Christ our Lord.

Divisions in the Church

10 (1Co 11:18; Php 1:27) Now I ask you, brothers, by the name of our Lord
Jesus Christ, that you all speak in agreement and that there be no divisions
among you. But be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same
judgment.
11 (1Co 3:3) For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brothers,
by those who are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 (Jn 1:42; 1Co 9:5) Now this is what I mean: Every one of you is saying,
"I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos,"
or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ."
13 (Mt 28:19; Ac 2:38) Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you?
Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
14 (Ac 18:8; Ro 16:23) I thank God that I baptized none of you
except Crispus and Gaius,
15 lest any should say that I had baptised in my own name.
16 (1Co 16:15; 16:17) I also baptized the household of Stephanas.
Besides them, I do not know whether I baptized any other.
17 (1Co 2:1; 2:13) For Christ did not send me to baptize,
but to preach the gospel, not with eloquent words,
lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

[10] Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that
ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but
that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same
judgment.
[11] For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which
are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
[12] Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of
Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
[13] Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in
the name of Paul?
[14] I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
[15] Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
[16] And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not
whether I baptized any other.
[17] For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with
wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Christ the Power and Wisdom of God

18 (Ro 1:16; 1Co 1:21) For to those who are perishing,
the preaching of the cross is foolishness,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 (Isa 29:14; Job 5:12-13) For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent." (Isa 29:14.)
20 (Ro 1:22; Job 12:17) Where is the wise? Where is the scribe?
Where is the debater of this age? Has God not made the wisdom
of this world foolish?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom
did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of preaching
to save those who believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom.
23 (Gal 5:11; Lk 2:34) But we preach Christ crucified,
a stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness to the Greeks.
24 (1Co 1:30; 1:18) But to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks,
we preach Christ as the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 (1Co 1:18) For the foolishness of God is wiser than men,
and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 (1Co 1:20)For observe your calling, brothers. Among you,
not many wise men according to the flesh, not many mighty men,
and not many noble men were called.
27 (Ps 8:2; 1Co 1:20) But God has chosen the foolish things
of the world to confound the wise. God has chosen the weak things of
the world to confound the things which are mighty.
28 (Ro 4:17; 1Co 2:6) And God has chosen the base things of the world
and things which are despised. Yes, and He chose things which did not
exist to bring to nothing things that do,
29 (Eph 2:9) so that no flesh should boast in His presence.
30 (Jer 23:5–6; 1Co 1:2 ) But because of Him you are in Christ Jesus,
whom God made unto us wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.
31 (2Co 10:17; Jer 9:23-24) Therefore, as it is written, "
Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord." (Jer 9:24.)

[18] For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but
unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
[19] For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will
bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
[20] Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this
world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
[21] For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God,
it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
[22] For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[23] But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and
unto the Greeks foolishness;
[24] But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power
of God, and the wisdom of God.
[25] Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of
God is stronger than men.
[26] For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the
flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
[27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the
wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the
things which are mighty;
[28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God
chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
[29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.
[30] But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom,
and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
[31] That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in
the Lord.

1 Corinthians 2

Proclaiming Christ Crucified

1 (1Co 1:17; 2:4) Brothers, when I came to you, I did not come with
superiority of speech or wisdom, declaring to you the testimony of God.
2 (Gal 6:14) For I determined not to know anything among you
except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 (2Co 13:4) I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling.
4 (Ro 15:19; 1Co 4:20) My speech and my preaching was not with enticing
words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 (2Co 4:7; 6:7) so that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men,
but in the power of God.

[1] And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech
or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
[2] For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and
him crucified.
[3] And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
[4] And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's
wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power
of God.

The Revelation by God's Spirit

6 (1Co 1:28; Heb 5:14) Yet we speak wisdom among those who are mature,
although not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age,
who are coming to nothing.
7 (Ro 16:25-26; 2Ti 1:9) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery,
the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the ages for our glory.
8 (Ac 7:2; Jas 2:1) None of the rulers of this age knew it.
For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 (Isa 64:4; Mt 25:34) But as it is written,
"Eye has not seen,
nor ear heard,
nor has it entered into the heart of man
the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (Isa 64:4.)
10 (Jn 14:26; Eph 3:3) But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit.
For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
11 (Pr 20:27; Jer 17:9) For what man knows the things of a man,
except the spirit of man which is in him? Likewise,
no one knows the things of God, except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world,
but the Spirit which is of God, so that we might know the things
that are freely given to us by God.
13 (1Co 1:17; 2:4) These things also we proclaim, not in the words
which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches,
comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 (1Co 1:18; Jude 1:19) But the natural man does not receive
the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him;
nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 (1Co 3:1; 14:37) But he who is spiritual judges all things.
Yet he himself is not judged by anyone.
16 (Jn 15:15; Ro 11:34) For
"who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct Him?"(Isa 40:13.)
But we have the mind of Christ.

[6] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom
of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
[7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom,
which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
[8] Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it,
they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have
entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them
that love him.
[10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit
searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
[11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which
is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which
is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom
teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with
spiritual.
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for
they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are
spiritually discerned.
[15] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged
of no man.
[16] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But
we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 3

Fellow Servants of God

1 (Ro 7:14; 1Co 2:14-15) Brothers, I could not speak to you as
to spiritual men, but as to worldly, even as to babes in Christ.
2 (Jn 16:12; 1Pe 2:2) I have fed you with milk and not with solid food.
For to this day you were not able to endure it. Nor are you able now,
3 (1Co 1:11; 11:18) for you are still worldly. Since there is envy,
strife, and divisions among you, are you not worldly and behaving as mere men?
4 (1Co 1:12) For while one says, "I am of Paul," and another,
"I am of Apollos," are you not worldly?
5 (2Co 6:4; 1Co 3:10) Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos,
but ministers by whom you believed, even as the Lord gave to each one?
6 (Ac 18:4-11; 1Co 9:1) I have planted, Apollos watered,
but God gave the increase.
7 (Gal 6:3) So then neither is he who plants nor he who waters anything,
but God who gives the increase.
8 (Ps 62:12; Mt 16:27) Now he who plants and he who waters are one,
and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 (2Co 6:1; Eph 2:20-22) For we are laborers together with God:
You are God's vineyard; you are God's building.
10 (Ro 12:3; 15:20) According to the grace of God which has been given to me,
as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, but another builds
on it. Now let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 (Eph 2:20; Isa 28:16; Mt 16:18) For no one can lay another foundation
than that which was laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver,
precious stones, wood, hay, or stubble,
13 (1Co 4:5; 2Th 1:7-10) each one's work will be revealed.
For the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire,
and the fire will test what sort of work each has done.
14 (1Co 3:8; 4:5) If anyone's work which he has built on the foundation
endures, he will receive a reward.
15 (Jude 1:23) If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss.
But he himself will be saved, still going through the fire.
16 (1Co 6:19; 2Co 6:16) Do you not know that you are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him.
For the temple of God is holy. And you are His temple.
18 (Isa 5:21; Gal 6:3) Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems
to be wise in this world, let him become a fool that he may be wise.
19 (Job 5:13) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.
For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness,"(Job 5:13.)
20 (Ps 94:11) and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise,
that they are vain."(Ps 94:11.)
21(1Co 4:6; Ro 8:32) Therefore let no one boast in men.
For all things are yours:
22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life
or death or things present or things to come, all are yours,
23 (2Co 10:7; Gal 3:29) and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.

[1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto
carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
[2] I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not
able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
[3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and
strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
[4] For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye
not carnal?
[5] Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed,
even as the Lord gave to every man?
[6] I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
[7] So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth;
but God that giveth the increase.
[8] Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall
receive his own reward according to his own labour.
[9] For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are
God's building.
[10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise
masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But
let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus
Christ.
[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious
stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it,
because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's
work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive
a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself
shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
[16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God
dwelleth in you?
[17] If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the
temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
[18] Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in
this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
[19] For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is
written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
[20] And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are
vain.
[21] Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
[22] Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death,
or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
[23] And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

2) Our Daily Bread for 16 November 2022
Entitled "Keep Your Guard Up" </a>

Deuteronomy 4:1-9

Moses Commands Obedience

1 (Dt 8:1; Eze 20:11) Now therefore, listen, O Israel, to the statutes
and to the judgments which I am teaching you to do, so that you may live;
and go in and possess the land which the Lord, the God of your fathers,
is giving you.
2 (Dt 12:32; Jos 1:7) You shall not add to the word which I am commanding
you, nor shall you take anything from it, so that you may keep
the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
3 (Nu 25:1-9) Your eyes have seen what the Lord did at Baal Peor; for the
Lord your God has destroyed from among you all the men
who followed Baal of Peor.
4 But you who held fast to the Lord your God are alive to this day,
every one of you.
5 See, I have taught you statutes and judgments, just as the Lord
my God commanded me, that you should do so in the land
where you are entering to possess it.
6 (Job 28:28; Pr 1:7) Therefore, keep and do them, for this is your wisdom
and your understanding in the sight of the nations which shall hear
all these statutes, and say, "Surely this great nation is a wise
and understanding people."
7 (2Sa 7:23; Ps 46:1) For what nation is there so great, who has a god
so near to it as the Lord our God is in all things whenever we call on Him?
8 And what nation is there so great that has statutes and judgments
so righteous as all this law, which I am setting before you today?
9 (Ge 18:19; Dt 4:23) Only give heed to yourself and keep your
soul diligently, lest you forget the things which your eyes have
seen and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life;
but teach them to your sons, and your grandsons.

[1] Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the
judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in
and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.
[2] Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye
diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your
God which I command you.
[3] Your eyes have seen what the LORD did because of Baal-peor: for all the
men that followed Baal-peor, the LORD thy God hath destroyed them from among
you.
[4] But ye that did cleave unto the LORD your God are alive every one of you
this day.
[5] Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my
God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess
it.
[6] Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your
understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these
statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding
people.
[7] For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as
the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
[8] And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so
righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
[9] Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou
forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy

A man and several friends went through a ski resort gate posted with avalanche
warning signs and started snowboarding. On the second trip down, someone
shouted, "Avalanche!" But the man couldn't escape and perished in the
cascading snow. Some criticised him, calling him a novice. But he wasn't; he
was an "avalanche-certified backcountry guide." One researcher said that
skiers and snowboarders with the most avalanche training are more likely to
give in to faulty reasoning. "[The snowboarder] died because he was lulled
into letting his guard down."

As Israel prepared to go into the promised land, God wanted His people to keep
their guard up-to be careful and alert. So He commanded them to obey all His
"decrees and laws" (Deuteronomy 4:1-2) and remember His past judgment on those
who disobeyed (vv. 3-4). They needed to "be careful" to examine themselves and
keep watch over their inner lives (v. 9). This would help them keep their
guard up against spiritual dangers from without and spiritual apathy from
within.

It's easy for us to let our guard down and fall into apathy and self-
deception. But God can give us strength to avoid falling in life and
forgiveness by His grace when we do. By following Him and resting in His
wisdom and provision, we can keep our guard up and make good decisions!

By: Marvin Williams

Reflect & Pray

When do you tend to let your spiritual guard down?
What will you do to follow God’s wisdom
and remain alert to dangers to your faith?

Dear God, please help me to remain alert
and follow You in loving obedience.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 5 Rejoice in Grace - Day 4 Under the Mercy

Ps 13:5-6

5 I for my part confide in Your kindness;
may my heart exult in Your salvation!
6 I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.

5 But I have trusted in thy mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
6 I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

In Sheldon Vanauken's book "A Severe Mercy", Vanauken faced the "severe mercy"
of the untimely death of his wife. His friend C. S. Lewis , who had endured a
similar grief , comforted him through letters,
encouraging him with the exhotation, "Go under the Mercy".
While God's grace deals with sin and forgiveness,
God's mercy deals with the pain pf human existence. We all experience pain
- sometimes as a natural result of wrongs we have done, sometimes unfairly
as a consequence of living in a fallen world.
But for all who hurt, God provides
mercy - respite from pain, and the assurance of a Lord who cares.
David , in Psalm 13 says " I trust in your mercy, your unfailing love."
God's love never fail us, no matter how much we may have failed him.
David knew the consequences of sin; he knew what it meant to fail God,
to rebel against God's faithfulness. Yet David trusted in God's Goodness
rather than depending upon his own; he focused his attention upon the
mercy of the Lord.
We need, like David, to "Go under the mercy", even when it is a
"severe mercy."
Even when circumstances seem bad; even when things seem out of control; even
when we think God has forsaken us, yet his mercy is at work to bring us
fulfillment and cause us to turn to him
with a song of praise on our lips.

Application

a) How have I experienced the mercy of God?

b) How can these verses help me focus on God's
merciful intervention in my life even when circumstances seem
out of control?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Haggai 2:7-9

7 (1Ki 8:11; Isa 60:7) And I will shake all the nations,
and they will come with the wealth of all nations,
and I will fill this house with glory, says the Lord of Hosts.
8 (Isa 60:17) The silver is mine, and the gold is Mine,
says the Lord of Hosts.
9 (Isa 9:6-7) The glory of this latter house will be greater
than the former, says the Lord of Hosts. And in this place
I will give peace, says the Lord of Hosts.

7 and I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations
shall come: and I will fill this house with glory,
saith the LORD of hosts.
8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine,
saith the LORD of hosts.
9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater
than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place
will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

God's Help in Times of Temptation

James 1:12-18

Trial and Temptation

12 (Jas 2:5; 1Co 9:25; 2Ti 4:8) Blessed is the man who endures temptation,
for when he is tried, he will receive the crown of life,
which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God,"
for God cannot be tempted with evil; neither does He tempt anyone.
14 But each man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust and enticed.
15 (Job 15:35; Ps 7:14) Then, when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin;
and when sin is finished, it brings forth death.
16 (Jas 1:19; 2:5) Do not err, my beloved brothers.
17 (Mal 3:6; Nu 23:19; Jn 3:27) Every good gift and every perfect gift
is from above and comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom is no change or shadow of turning.
18 (1Pe 1:23; Jn 1:13; Rev 14:4) Of His own will He brought us forth with
the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of His creatures.

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried,
he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised
to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God:
for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust,
and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin:
and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness,
neither shadow of turning.
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth,
that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Remember God's promises when You pray
Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

16th Day of the Month

a) Pray that God will convict the hearts of Canadians of the false
idea that all moral choices are equal and without consequences
( John 16:7-8

7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away.
For if I do not go away, the Counselor will not come to you.
But if I go, I will send Him to you.
8 When He comes, He will convict the world of sin
and of righteousness and of judgment"

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away:
for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin,
and of righteousness, and of judgment:

)

b) Pray that people's hearts would be opened to see the folly
of denying God's supremacy

(

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him,
"I am the way, the truth, and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me."

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Rom 3:19-20

19 Now we know that whatever the law says,
it says to those who are under the law,
so that every mouth may be silenced,
and all the world may become accountable to God.
20 Therefore by the works of the law
no flesh will be justified in His sight,
for through the law comes the knowledge of sin.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are
under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become
guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified
in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

2 Cor 5:10

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ,
that each one may receive his recompense in the body,
according to what he has done,
whether it was good or bad.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one
may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done,
whether it be good or bad.

2 Cor 10:5

5 casting down imaginations and every high thing
that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
bringing every thought into
captivity to the obedience of Christ,

5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against
the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought
to the obedience of Christ;

)

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray that Christians would be unified
under the leadership of Christ.

Pray to the Lord: "Dear God, please help me to remain alert
and follow You in loving obedience."

Pray to the Lord and pray to come under His severe mercy.

Pray to the Lord and pray to be a good steward of what the Lord gives you.

Pray to the Lord and pray to endure temptation!

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

[...]

Pray for Ali for Uganda, a believer who has been persecuted by his brothers
for leaving Islam..

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com