Day 334 of the 2nd Bible Study Journey 4rd Day of Advent

The Doctor

Nov 30, 2022, 6:53:23 PM11/30/22
Day 334, 30 November 2022

1) Acts 20:13-38, Acts 21:1-36

Acts 20:13-38

The Voyage From Troas to Miletus

13 We went ahead to the ship and sailed to Assos, intending to take
Paul on board there. For he had arranged this, intending to go on foot.
14 When he met us at Assos, we took him on board and went to Mitylene.
15 (Ac 20:17; 2Ti 4:20) The day after sailing from there we arrived off
Chios. And the next day we crossed over to Samos and stayed at Trogyllium,
and the following day we came to Miletus.
16 (Ac 2:1; 19:21) Paul had decided to sail by Ephesus, to avoid spending
time in Asia. For he was hurrying so he could be in Jerusalem, if
possible, on the day of Pentecost.

[13] And we went before to ship, and sailed unto Assos, there intending to
take in Paul: for so had he appointed, minding himself to go afoot.
[14] And when he met with us at Assos, we took him in, and came to Mitylene.
[15] And we sailed thence, and came the next day over against Chios; and the
next day we arrived at Samos, and tarried at Trogyllium; and the next day we
came to Miletus.
[16] For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend
the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at
Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Paul Speaks to the Ephesian Elders

17 (Ac 11:30; 14:23) From Miletus he sent to Ephesus for the elders
of the church.
18 (Ac 18:19; 19:1) When they came to him, he said to them,
"You know how I always lived among you from the first day that
I came to Asia,
19 (Ac 20:3; 20:31) serving the Lord with all humility
and with many tears and trials which befell me through
the plots of the Jews.
20 (Ac 20:27; 20:31) I did not keep from declaring what was beneficial
to you, and teaching you publicly and from house to house,
21 (Ac 2:38; 11:18; 20:24) testifying to both Jews and Greeks
of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
22 "Now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing
what shall befall me there,
23 (Ac 9:16; 21:4) except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every
city that imprisonment and afflictions await me.
24 (Ac 21:13; 2Co 4:1) But none of these things deter me. Nor do I count
my life of value to myself, so that I may joyfully finish my course
and the ministry which I have received from the Lord Jesus, to testify
to the gospel of the grace of God.
25 (Ac 28:31; Mt 4:23) "Now I know that all you, among whom I went
proclaiming the kingdom of God, will see my face no more.
26 (Ac 18:6) Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent
of the blood of all men.
27 (Ac 20:20; Lk 7:30) For I did not keep from declaring to you
the whole counsel of God.
28 (1Co 10:32; Isa 40:11) Therefore take heed to yourselves
and to the entire flock, over which the Holy Spirit has made you
overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased
with His own blood.
29 (Mt 7:15; Jn 10:12) For I know that after my departure,
dreadful wolves will enter among you, not sparing the flock.
30 (1Ti 1:19-20; 1Jn 2:19) Even from among you men will arise
speaking perverse things, to draw the disciples away after them.
31 (Ac 19:10; 19:8) Therefore watch, remembering that for three years
night and day I did not cease to warn everyone with tears.
32 (Ac 14:23; 26:18) "Now, brothers, I commend you to God and to the word
of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance
among all who are sanctified.
33 (1Co 9:12; 2Co 11:9) I have not coveted anyone's silver or gold or
clothing.
34 (Ac 18:3) Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided
for my necessities and for those who were with me.
35 (Pr 19:17; Mt 10:8) In all things I have shown you how, working like
this, you must help the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus,
how He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "
36 (Lk 22:41; Ac 21:5) Having said these things, he knelt down with all
of them and prayed.
37 (Lk 15:20; 2Ti 1:4) They all wept much and embraced Paul's neck
and kissed him,
38 (Ac 15:3; 20:25) grieving most over the words he spoke, that they were
to see his face no more. Then they escorted him to the ship.

[17] And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the
church.
[18] And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the
first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at
all seasons,
[19] Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and
temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
[20] And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have
shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
[21] Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward
God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
[22] And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing
the things that shall befall me there:
[23] Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds
and afflictions abide me.
[24] But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto
myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I
have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
[25] And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching
the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
[26] Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood
of all men.
[27] For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
[28] Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the
which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God,
which he hath purchased with his own blood.
[29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in
among you, not sparing the flock.
[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to
draw away disciples after them.
[31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I
ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
[32] And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace,
which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them
which are sanctified.
[33] I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.
[34] Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my
necessities, and to them that were with me.
[35] I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support
the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is
more blessed to give than to receive.
[36] And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all.
[37] And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul's neck, and kissed him,
[38] Sorrowing most of all for the words which he spake, that they should
see his face no more. And they accompanied him unto the ship.

Acts 21:1-36

Paul's Journey to Jerusalem

1 When we had withdrawn from them and set sail, we went on a straight
course to Cos, the next day to Rhodes, and from there to Patara.
2 We found a ship crossing over to Phoenicia, went aboard, and set sail.
3 (Mt 4:24; Ac 4:36) Having come in sight of Cyprus, we passed to the
south of it and sailed to Syria, and landed at Tyre, for there the ship's
cargo was to be unloaded.
4 When we found the disciples, we remained there
seven days. They told Paul through the Spirit not to go up to Jerusalem.
5 (Ac 20:36; 9:40) But when our days were over, we parted and traveled on.
Everyone, with wives and children, escorted us until we were outside
the city. And we knelt on the shore and prayed.
6 (Jn 19:27) After bidding farewell to one another, we boarded the ship,
and they returned home.
7 We finished the voyage from Tyre when we landed at Ptolemais,
where we greeted the brothers and stayed with them for one day.
8 (Ac 6:5; Eph 4:11; 2Ti 4:5) The next day we who were Paul's companions
departed, and arrived at Caesarea, and entered the house of Philip
the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him.
9 (Ac 2:17; Lk 2:36) He had four virgin daughters who prophesied.
10 (Ac 11:28) While we stayed there many days, a prophet named Agabus
came down from Judea.
11 (Ac 21:33; Jer 13:1-11; 1Sa 15:27-28) When he had arrived, he took
Paul's belt and bound his own hands and feet, saying, "The Holy Spirit
says, 'In this manner the Jews at Jerusalem shall bind the man who owns
this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.' "
12 (Mt 16:21-23) When we heard these things, both we and the residents
implored him not to go up to Jerusalem.
13 (Ac 20:24; Php 2:17) Then Paul answered, "What are you doing, weeping
and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned, but also
to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."
14 (Mt 6:10; Lk 22:42) When he would not be persuaded, we kept silent
and said, "Let the will of the Lord be done."
15 After those days we got ready and went up to Jerusalem.
16 Some of the disciples from Caesarea went with us and brought
with them Mnason of Cyprus, an early disciple, with whom we should lodge.

[1] And it came to pass, that after we were gotten from them, and had
launched, we came with a straight course unto Coos, and the day following
unto Rhodes, and from thence unto Patara:
[2] And finding a ship sailing over unto Phenicia, we went aboard, and set
forth.
[3] Now when we had discovered Cyprus, we left it on the left hand, and
sailed into Syria, and landed at Tyre: for there the ship was to unlade her
burden.
[4] And finding disciples, we tarried there seven days: who said to Paul
through the Spirit, that he should not go up to Jerusalem.
[5] And when we had accomplished those days, we departed and went our way;
and they all brought us on our way, with wives and children, till we were
out of the city: and we kneeled down on the shore, and prayed.
[6] And when we had taken our leave one of another, we took ship; and they
returned home again.
[7] And when we had finished our course from Tyre, we came to Ptolemais, and
saluted the brethren, and abode with them one day.
[8] And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto
Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was
one of the seven; and abode with him.
[9] And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.
[10] And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a
certain prophet, named Agabus.
[11] And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own
hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at
Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into
the hands of the Gentiles.
[12] And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place,
besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.
[13] Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I
am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of
the Lord Jesus.
[14] And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the
Lord be done.
[15] And after those days we took up our carriages, and went up to
Jerusalem.
[16] There went with us also certain of the disciples of Caesarea, and
brought with them one Mnason of Cyprus, an old disciple, with whom we should
lodge.

Paul Visits James

17 (Ac 15:4) When we had come to Jerusalem, the brothers received us gladly.
18 (Ac 11:30; 15:13) On the next day Paul went with us to James, and all
the elders were present.
19 (Ac 1:17; 14:27) He greeted them and recounted one by one what God
had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.
20 (Ac 22:3; Ro 10:2) When they heard this, they glorified the Lord.
Then they said to him, "You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews
there are who believe, and they are all zealous for the law.
21 (Ac 21:28) They have been informed concerning you that you teach
all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them
not to circumcise their children nor to observe the customs.
22 What then shall be done? The assembly will certainly meet, for they
will hear that you have come.
23 (Ac 18:18) Therefore do what we tell you. We have four men who have
taken a vow.
24 (Ac 21:26; 24:18) Take these men and be purified with them, and pay
their expenses so that they may have their heads shaved. Then all will
know that what they were told concerning you is nothing, but that you
yourself live in observance of the law.
25 (Ac 15:29) As for the Gentiles who believe, we have written and
concluded that they should observe no such thing, except that they abstain
from food offered to idols, from sexual immorality, from strangled
animals, and from blood."
26 (Ac 24:18; Nu 6:13-20) Then on the next day, Paul took the men
and purified himself with them. And he went into the temple, announcing
when the days of purification would be complete and an offering would
be given for each one of them.

[17] And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly.
[18] And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the
elders were present.
[19] And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God
had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry.
[20] And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him,
Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and
they are all zealous of the law:
[21] And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which
are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to
circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
[22] What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they
will hear that thou art come.
[23] Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a
vow on them;
[24] Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them,
that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof
they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also
walkest orderly, and keepest the law.
[25] As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded
that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from
things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from
fornication.
[26] Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them
entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of
purifcation, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Paul Arrested in the Temple

27 (Ac 24:18; 26:21) When the seven days were nearly concluded, the Jews
from Asia saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people,
and laid hands on him,
28 (Ac 24:5-6; 21:21) crying out, "Men of Israel, help! This is the man
teaching all men everywhere against the people and the law and this place.
He even brought Greeks into the temple and has defiled this holy place."
29 (Ac 20:4) For they had previously seen Trophimus the Ephesian in the
city with him, whom they supposed Paul had brought into the temple.
30 (Ac 26:21) Then the whole city was provoked, and the people ran
together. They seized Paul and dragged him out of the temple.
And immediately the doors were shut.
31 While they were trying to kill him, news came up to the commander
(Gk. chiliarch, a battalion commander
with the rank of lieutenant colonel over 1,000 soldiers.)
of the battalion of soldiers that all Jerusalem was in an uproar.
32 (Ac 23:27) He at once took soldiers and centurions, and ran down
to them. When they saw the commander and the soldiers,
they stopped beating Paul.
33 (Ac 12:6; 20:23) Then the commander came and arrested him, and ordered
that he be bound with two chains. Then he asked who he was
and what he had done.
34 (Ac 19:32; 23:10) Some in the crowd shouted one thing, some another.
As he could not learn the truth because of the uproar,
he commanded that he be brought into the barracks.
35 When he came onto the stairs, he was carried by the soldiers
because of the violence of the people.
36 (Lk 23:18; Jn 19:15) For the mob of people followed, crying out,
"Away with him!"

[27] And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia,
when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands
on him,
[28] Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men
every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further
brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.
[29] (For they had seen before with him in the city Trophimus an Ephesian,
whom they supposed that Paul had brought into the temple.)
[30] And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took
Paul, and drew him out of the temple: and forthwith the doors were shut.
[31] And as they went about to kill him, tidings came unto the chief captain
of the band, that all Jerusalem was in an uproar.
[32] Who immediately took soldiers and centurions, and ran down unto them:
and when they saw the chief captain and the soldiers, they left beating of
Paul.
[33] Then the chief captain came near, and took him, and commanded him to be
bound with two chains; and demanded who he was, and what he had done.
[34] And some cried one thing, some another, among the multitude: and when
he could not know the certainty for the tumult, he commanded him to be
carried into the castle.
[35] And when he came upon the stairs, so it was, that he was borne of the
soldiers for the violence of the people.
[36] For the multitude of the people followed after, crying, Away with him.

2) Our Daily Bread for 30 November 2022
Entitled "Warning Sounds" </a>

Proverbs 15:1-7

1 (Pr 25:15; Jdg 8:1-3; Pr 15:18) A soft answer turns away wrath,
but grievous words stir up anger.
2 (Pr 12:23; 13:16) The tongue of the wise uses knowledge aright,
but the mouth of fools pours out foolishness.
3 (Jer 16:17; Heb 4:13) The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good.
4 (Pr 3:18; 12:18) A wholesome tongue is a tree of life,
but perverseness in it crushes the spirit.
5 (Pr 10:1; 13:1) A fool despises his father's instruction,
but he who regards reproof is prudent.
6 (Pr 8:21) In the house of the righteous is much treasure,
but in the revenue of the wicked is trouble.
7 (Mt 12:34) The lips of the wise disperse knowledge,
but the heart of the foolish does not do so.

1 A soft answer turneth away wrath:
But grievous words stir up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright:
But the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place,
Beholding the evil and the good.
4 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life:
But perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
5 A fool despiseth his father's instruction:
But he that regardeth reproof is prudent.
6 In the house of the righteous is much treasure:
But in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.
7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge:
But the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

Ever had a close encounter with a rattlesnake? If so, you might have noticed
that the sound of the rattle seemed to get more intense as you moved nearer to
the viper. Research in the scientific journal-Current Biology reveals that the
snakes do increase their rattling rate when a threat is approaching.
This "high-frequency mode" can cause us to think they're closer than they are.
As one researcher put it, "The misinterpretation of distance by the
listener . . . creates a distance safety margin."

People can sometimes use increasing volume with harsh words that push others
away during a conflict-exhibiting anger and resorting to shouting. The writer
of Proverbs shares some wise advice for times like these:
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: But grievous words stir up anger.
" (Proverbs 15:1). He goes on to say that "soothing" and "wise" words can
be "a tree of life" and a source of "knowledge" (vv. 4, 7).

Jesus provided the ultimate reasons for gently appealing to those with whom
we enter into conflict: extending love that reveals us to be His children
(Matthew 5:43-45) and seeking reconciliation-"[winning] them over" (18:15).
Instead of raising our voice or using unkind words during conflicts, may we
show civility, wisdom, and love to others as God guides us by His Spirit.

By: Tom Felten

Reflect & Pray

Why can it be difficult to be gentle and loving in a conflict?
How can the Holy Spirit help you carefully choose your words and actions?

Heavenly Father, help me to lovingly
address issues with those with whom I disagree.

3) Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 7 Promises of Grace - Day 4 - Giving and Receiving

Luke 6:38

38 "Give, and it will be given to you: Good measure, pressed down,
shaken together, and running over will men give unto you.
For with the measure you use, it will be measured unto you."

38 give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down,
and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.
For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured
to you again.

"Just give the Lord", the voice on the radio declared. "Give, and he will
give back to you, a hundredfold." The preacher went on to explain how
an old woman on social security had sent her last $10 to support his
ministry, and the next day she got an anonymous money order for
a $1000 . "The Lord will be faithful to his Word," the preacher
concluded. "You give, and you'll receive."
The Lord is, of course, faithful to his Word. But many well-meaning Christians
have interpreted Luke 6:38 as a "payment in kind" bargain with God:
if I give God my dollar, he's obliged to return it to me with interest.
This "seed-sowing" fallacy, where $20 supposedly becomes $2000 by
an act of divine, multiplication, has caused much
disappointment and frustration.
The "giving and receiving" principle is a valid one; the Lord does, indeed say
"Give, and it will be given to you," but he does not specify what the "return"
will be. The verse appears in the context of forgiveness, of not judging; the
principle is not investment, in any material sense, but generosity.
As we give, as few are compassionate with others, we take on the
character of the Lord himself. He is generous and giving, and he gives
to us as we give ourselves in love to others.

Application

a) Have I ever "given" to God to others as a bribe, to get something
in return?

b) What is God's concept of giving, as demonstrated
in the gift of Jesus Christ?

c) How can this verse help me to give more selflessly?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Deut 29:9

9 (Dt 4:6; Jos 1:7)Therefore, keep the words of this covenant
and do them, so that you may prosper in all you do.

9 Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them,
that ye may prosper in all that ye do.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are ill or injured

Psalm 103:1-5

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits,
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) who forgives all your iniquities,
who heals all your diseases,
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:8) who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) who satisfies your mouth with good things,
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul:
And all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities;
Who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
Who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things;
So that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 30 of the Month

a) Pray for God's will to be done where you live and throughout
Canadian society, as it is in Heaven

( Matt 6:9-13

[...]

)

b) Pray that in kindness God will lead many to repentance in your city
or community, and across our nation. (

Rom 2:4

4 (Ex 34:6; Isa 30:18) Do you despise the riches of His goodness,
tolerance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God
leads you to repentance?

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance
and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth
thee to repentance?

)

Advent Day 4

From C. S. Lewis A grand Miracle by Joel Heck

John 2:11

11 (Jn 1:14; 3:2) This, the first of His signs, Jesus did in Cana of Galilee,

and He revealed His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.

All Miracles Are Connected to the Incarnation

In his book Miracles, Lewis writes that the miracle of turning water
into wine (which John 2:11 calls the first of the signs of Jesus)
is doing instantaneously what happens in Nature on a regular basis
over a period of time. It happens in Nature much more slowly,
but God is still doing a miracle.

Lewis suggests not only that natural events are related to Nature
(that's what "natural" means!), but that all miracles are connected
to the Grand Miracle, the birth of the Christ. How is this so?

In every miracle God breaks into Nature with a new sequence of events.
In the Incarnation, God also broke into Nature, but there
he did it most impressively of all. That's why it's a Grand Miracle.
The normal manner of conception and birth was set aside in the Virgin
Conception and Birth. That's the new sequence of events.

Every miracle shows the power of God, and every miracle is a "sign."
Jesus' purpose in doing miracles was to point to his true nature.
While he cared about the lack of wine at the wedding in Cana,
he cares much more that we see him as the one with power over nature.
And he cared about us enough to become one of us, and in that becoming,
participated in another part of nature, human nature.

Remind us, Lord, that your Coming shows us both our need
and your solution. Amen.

From Follow the Story by Marva J. Dawn

WEDNESDAY. FIRST WEEK OF ADVENT

Awe-Full Angels

Read Luke 1:8-17.

8 Now while he served as priest before God, when his division was on duty,
9 according to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn
incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
10 And the whole crowd of people were praying outside at the hour of incense.
11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side
of the altar of incense.
12 When Zechariah saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
13 But the angel said to him, "Do not fear, Zechariah, for your prayer
has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son,
and you shall call his name John.
14 You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth.
15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink
neither wine nor strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit,
even from his mother's womb.
16 He will turn many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God.
17 And he will go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah,
to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children
and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready
a people prepared for the Lord."

-Luke 1:12
When Zechariah saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.

Our culture has made angels cute and cuddly. In contrast,
the Bible portrays them as shocking, filling recipients with
trepidation. Indeed, these messengers from the LORD always have to say,
"Do not be afraid."

In truth, our culture has made God too cute and cuddly also.
We know God is supremely sovereign, reigning over the entire cosmos,
but perhaps we jump too fast to news that the Trinity loves us through
Jesus Christ, and we do not first recognize the depths of our sinfulness.
To be genuinely grateful for God's immense grace,
we must know that we are totally unworthy.

Martin Luther, the early Reformer, brilliantly began all his explanations
for the Ten Commandments with the phrase,
"We should so fear and love God ... " This isn't a fear that lasts,
for it is soon overwhelmed by love, but it necessarily deepens
our gratitude, so that we never take God's forgiving love for granted.

prayer

God, enable me properly to fear you, so that I always cherish
your forgiving grace. Amen.

From The AH-HA of Advent by Rich Bimler

FIRST WEDNESDAY
AH-HA! Ambassadors of Health, Hope and ALERTS

Romans 13:11-14

11 (Eph 5:14; 1Co 15:34) Furthermore, knowing the time,
now is the moment to awake from sleep. For now our salvation
is nearer than when we believed.
12 (Eph 5:11; 2Co 6:7) The night is far spent, the day is at hand.
Therefore let us take off the works of darkness
and put on the armour of light.
13 (Gal 5:21; Lk 21:34; Eph 5:18) Let us behave properly, as in the day,
not in carousing and drunkenness, not in immorality and wickedness,
not in strife and envy.
14 (Gal 3:27; Eph 4:24) But put on the Lord Jesus Christ,
and make no provision for the flesh to fulfill its lusts.

11 (Eph 5:14; 1Co 15:34) Furthermore, knowing the time,
now is the moment to awake from sleep.
For now our salvation is nearer than when we believed.
ROMANS 13:11

his AH-HA of Advent reminds me of an old saying: "Be alert. The world
needs more lerts!
St. Paul reminds us today that God's AH-HA people are empowered
to "wake from sleep . . lay aside the works of darkness and put on
the armour of light." This is exactly what the Lord is doing in and through
us during Advent . .. right now Through the power of his Word and
sacraments, the Lord shakes us up--he focuses us on sharing our life
and gifts with others.
It's not easy being alert. is it? Especially during Advent, there are so many
things that distract us from the Manger scene--buying gifts. sending
cards, making lists (and checking them twice, or maybe even three timesl)
party-going, meal-making. house-trimming, and perhaps even a little {oo
much egg-nogging . .. not to mention an unhealthy fruitcake obsession!

Look around you with different eyes this day. Be alert to the opportunities
the Lord will give you today to share your gifts. Watch fof the little child
who needs a hug, for the older person who feels alone and for the skinny
Santa Claus who doesn't look so jolly today. Be alert to the people around
you who have needs you can satisfy. and who have gifts to share with you
as well.

Romans 13:14 clinches it for us: "Put on the Lord Jesus Christ.' Watch out
world, here come the lerts!

Lord. keep us alert this day to your presence in our lives and the
sadnesses of others so that we might share our gladnesses with them.
In Jesus' name. Amen ... and AH-HA!

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to speak boldly and honestly in the Lord.

Pray to the Lord: "Heavenly Father, help me to lovingly
address issues with those with whom I disagree."

Pray to the Lord and pray to ask The Lord how to be a selfless giver.

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember how to keep the Words of His covenant.

Pray to the Lord and pray for healing help that comes from Jesus!

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

[...]

Pray that Hadija of Kuwait, who fled her home because of threats,
will grow strong in her faith.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com