Day 324 of my Second Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Nov 20, 2022, 5:59:30 PM11/20/22
Day 324, 20 November 2022

At <a href="https://www.calvarycommunity.ca">Calvary Community church </a>
, Pastor Doug Zieber spoke on "With a little Help from My Friends:
Epaphroditus - Unsung Hero"

His new birth trumped his birth name

2 Cor 5:17

17 (Jn 3:3; Ro 16:7) Therefore, if any man is in Christ,
he is a new creature. Old things have passed away. Look, all things have
become new.
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are
passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Philippians 2:25

25 (Php 4:18; Phm 1:1-2; Php 4:3) Yet I thought it necessary to send to you
Epaphroditus, who is my brother and companion in labor, fellow soldier,
your messenger, and he who ministered to my necessity.
[25] Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother,
and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that
ministered to my wants.

A) A True brother - Beloning ro the same family
B) Co-Worker - Dedicated to the same cause
Philippians 4:18

18 (Eph 5:2; Php 2:25-26) But I have everything and abound. I have been
filled, having received from Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you,
like a sweet fragrance, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.

[18] But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus
the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice
acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

C) Fellow-soldier - having each others' backs
D) Heart to Server - Caring for others more than ourselves

A Culture of Honour

We are to honour

a)
1 Cor 10:31

31 (Col 3:17; 1Pe 4:11) Therefore, whether you eat, or drink,
or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God.
[31] Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the
glory of God.

1 Peter 3:15

15 (Col 4:6; Isa 29:23) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts.
Always be ready to give an answer to every man who asks you for
a reason for the hope that is in you, with
gentleness and fear.
[15] But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give
an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you
with meekness and fear:

1 Cor 3:16

16 (1Co 6:19; 2Co 6:16) Do you not know that you are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
[16] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God
dwelleth in you?

God our Father, Jesus our Saviour, Holy Spirit our Sustainer

b)

1 Peter 2:17

17 (Ro 13:7; Pr 24:21; Ro 12:10) Honor all people. Love the brotherhood.
Fear God. Honor the king.
[17] Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

All People

c)

Romans 12:10

10 (Php 2:3; Heb 13:1)Be devoted to one another with brotherly love;
prefer one another in honor,
10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour
preferring one another;

PHil 2:3

3 (Ro 12:10; Gal 5:26) Let nothing be done out of strife or conceit,
but in humility let each esteem the other better than himself.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness
of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

One another

d) Romans 13:1-7

1 (Da 2:21; Jn 19:11)Let every person be subject to the governing authorities,
for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist are appointed
by God.
2 Therefore ­whoever resists the authority resists what God has appointed,
and those who resist will incur judgment.
3 Rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil works. Do you wish to
have no fear of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from
him,
4 (2Ch 19:6; Ro 12:19) for he is the servant of God for your good. But if you
do what is evil, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain, for he is
the servant of God, an avenger to execute wrath upon him who practices evil.
5 (Ecc 8:2; 1Pe 2:19) So it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because
of wrath, but also for the sake of conscience.
6 For this reason you also pay taxes, for they are God's servants, devoting
themselves to this very thing.
7 (Mt 17:25; 22:21) Render to all what is due them: taxes to whom taxes are
due, respect to whom respect is due, fear to whom fear is due, and honor to
whom honor is due.

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but
of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God:
and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then
not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise
of the same:
4 for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is
evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister
of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for
conscience sake. 6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's
ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom
to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Our Rulers

e) 1 Thess 5:12-13

12 (Heb 13:17; 1Co 16:16; 16:18) We ask you, brothers, to acknowledge those
who labor among you, and are appointed over you in the Lord, and instruct you.
13 (Mk 9:50) Esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake.
And be at peace among yourselves.

12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you,
and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake.
And be at peace among yourselves.

Matthew 20:26

26 (Mk 9:35; 10:43) It shall not be so among you.
Whoever would be great among you, let him serve you,
26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever
will be great among you, let him be your minister;

Hebrews 13:7

7 (Heb 13:17; 6:12; 13:24) Remember those who rule over you, who have
proclaimed to you the word of God. Follow their faith, considering the
results it has produced in their lives.

7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the
word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Those who spiritually watch over us like Pastors, Elders

g) 1 Peter 5:5

5 (Jas 4:6; Eph 5:21) Likewise you younger ones, submit yourselves to the
elders. Yes, all of you be submissive one to another and clothe yourselves
with humility, because
"God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble." Pr 3:34 .

5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be
subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the
proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

26 (Php 1:8) For he longed after you all and was filled with heaviness,
because you heard that he was sick.
[26] For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye
had heard that he had been sick.

27 Indeed he was sick, near death. But God had mercy on him,
and not only on him, but also on me,
lest I should have had sorrow upon sorrow.
[27] For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and
not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

28 Therefore I sent him the more eagerly, that when you see him again,
you may rejoice and I may be less sorrowful.
[28] I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again,
ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.

29 (1Co 16:18; Ro 16:2) So receive him in the Lord with all joy.
And hold such ones in high regard,
[29] Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in
reputation:

30 (1Co 16:17; Ac 20:24) because for the work of Christ he was near death,
not regarding his life, endeavouring to make up for your lack of service
toward me.
[30] Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding
his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

A theology of Healing

A) Sickness is not necessarily the result of sin.

Galatians 3:13

13 (Dt 21:23; Gal 4:5) Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law by
being made a curse for us-as it is written,
"Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree" Dt 21:23

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse
for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

B) Healing is sometimes just an act of God's mercy.

John 3:9

9 (Jn 6:52; 6:60) Nicodemus said to Him, "How can this be?"

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

Matthew 4:14

14 (Mt 1:22) that what was spoken by Isaiah
the prophet might be fulfilled, saying:

14 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

God is always uncompromisingly and absolutely good.

Faith is trusing God wit hour lives.

Heb 11:6

6 (1Ch 28:9; Jer 29:13-14) And without faith it is impossible to please God,
for he who comes to God must believe that He exists and that He is a
rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh
to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek him.

Tension
i) God's Will vs God's Sovereign
ii) Our Part vs god's Part Matthew 9:22

22 (Lk 7:50; Mt 9:2; Mk 10:52_ But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her,
He said, "Daughter, be of good comfort. Your faith has made you well."
And the woman was made well instantly.

22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of
good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole
from that hour.

iii) The Goodness of God and the worshipping in the pain

1) 1 Corinthians 14,15

1 Corinthians 14

Tongues and Prophecy

1 (1Co 12:1; 14:39) Follow after love and desire spiritual gifts,
but especially that you may prophesy.
2 (1Co 13:2; Mk 16:17) For he who speaks in an unknown tongue
does not speak to men, but to God. For no one understands him,
although in the spirit, he speaks mysteries.
3 (Ro 14:19; 1Co 14:12) But he who prophesies speaks to men
for their edification and exhortation and comfort.
4 (Mk 16:17; 1Co 14:3) He who speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself,
but he who prophesies edifies the church.
5 (1Co 12:10; Mk 16:17) I desire that you all speak in tongues,
but even more that you prophesy. For greater is he who prophesies
than he who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets,
so that the church may receive edification.
6 (Eph 1:17; Ro 6:17) Now, brothers, if I come to you speaking in tongues,
what shall I profit you, unless I speak to you by revelation or knowledge
or prophesying or doctrine?
7 Even when things without life give sound, whether flute or harp,
how will it be known what is played unless they give a distinction
in the sounds?
8 (Nu 10:9; Jer 4:19) If the trumpet makes an uncertain sound,
who will prepare himself for the battle?
9 (1Co 9:26) So also you, unless with the tongue you speak words
easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken?
For you shall speak into the air.
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world,
and none of them is without significance.
11 (Ac 28:2) Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the speech,
I shall be a barbarian to him who speaks,
and he who speaks will be a barbarian to me.
12 (1Co 14:26) So, seeing that you are zealous of spiritual gifts,
seek that you may excel to the edifying of the church.
13 Let him who speaks in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
14 (1Co 14:2) For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays,
but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 (Col 3:16; Ps 47:7) What is it then? I will pray with the spirit,
and I will pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit,
and I will sing with the understanding.
16 (1Ch 16:36; Ps 106:48) Otherwise, when you bless with the spirit,
how will he who occupies the place of the unlearned say "Amen"
at your giving of thanks, seeing he does not understand what you say?
17 (1Co 14:4) For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
18 I thank my God that I speak in tongues more than you all.
19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding,
that by my voice I might teach others also,
than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
20 (Ro 16:19; Ps 119:99) Brothers, do not be children in your thinking;
rather be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.
21 (Jn 10:34; Isa 28:11-12) In the law it is written:
"With men of other tongues
and other lips
I will speak to this people;
but even then they will not hear Me,"(Isa 28:11-12.)
says the Lord.
22 (Mk 16:17) So tongues are for a sign, not to believers,
but to unbelievers. But prophesying does not serve unbelievers, but believers.
23 (Ac 2:13) Therefore if the whole church assembles in one place
and all speak with tongues, and those who are unlearned
or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
24 But if all prophesy and there comes in one who does not believe
or one unlearned, he is convinced by all and judged by all.
25 (Isa 45:14; Zec 8:23) Thus the secrets of his heart are revealed.
And so falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God
is truly among you.

All Things to Be Done in Order

26 (Ro 14:19; 1Co 12:7-10) How is it then, brothers? When you come together,
every one of you has a psalm, a teaching, a tongue, a revelation,
and an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
27 If anyone speaks in an unknown tongue, let it be by two,
or at the most by three, and each in turn, and let one interpret.
28 But if there is no interpreter, let him remain silent in the church,
and let him speak to himself and to God.
29 (1Co 12:10) Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge.
30 (1Th 5:19-20) If anything is revealed to another that sits by,
let the first keep silent.
31 For you may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn
and all may be encouraged.
32 (1Jn 4:1) The spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33 (1Co 7:17; 4:17) For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace,
as in all churches of the saints.
34 (1Ti 2:11-12; Ge 3:16) Let your women remain silent in the churches.
For they are not permitted to speak. They are commanded to be
under obedience, as the law also says.
35 If they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home,
for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
36 What? Did the word of God come from you? Or did it come to you only?
37 (2Co 10:7; 1Jn 4:6) If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet
or spiritual, let him acknowledge that what I am writing you is
a command of the Lord.
38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
39 (1Co 12:31; 14:1) Therefore, brothers, eagerly desire to prophesy,
and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
40 (Col 2:5) Let all things be done decently and in order.

1 Corinthians 14
[1] Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may
prophesy.
[2] For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but
unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh
mysteries.
[3] But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and
exhortation, and comfort.
[4] He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that
prophesieth edifieth the church.
[5] I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied:
for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues,
except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
[6] Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I
profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by
knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
[7] And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except
they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped
or harped?
[8] For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to
the battle?
[9] So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be
understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into
the air.
[10] There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of
them is without signification.
[11] Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him
that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto
me.
[12] Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that
ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
[13] Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may
interpret.
[14] For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my
understanding is unfruitful.
[15] What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the
understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the
understanding also.
[16] Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth
the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he
understandeth not what thou sayest?
[17] For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.
[18] I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
[19] Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding,
that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an
unknown tongue.
[20] Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye
children, but in understanding be men.
[21] In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will
I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith
the Lord.
[22] Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them
that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but
for them which believe.
[23] If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all
speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or
unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
[24] But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one
unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
[25] And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling
down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a
truth.
[26] How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, everyone of you hath a
psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an
interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
[27] If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most
by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
[28] But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and
let him speak to himself, and to God.
[29] Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
[30] If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold
his peace.
[31] For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be
comforted.
[32] And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
[33] For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all
churches of the saints.
[34] Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted
unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also
saith the law.
[35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home:
for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
[36] What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
[37] If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him
acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of
the Lord.
[38] But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
[39] Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with
tongues.
[40] Let all things be done decently and in order.

1 Corinthians 15

The Resurrection of Christ

1 (Ro 5:2; 2Co 1:24) Now, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I
preached to you, which you have received, and in which you stand.
2 (Gal 3:4; Ro 1:16) Through it you are saved, if you keep in memory
what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain.
3 (1Pe 2:24; 1Co 11:23; Gal 1:4) For I delivered to you first of all
that which I also received: how Christ died for our sins according
to the Scriptures,
4 (Ps 16:10-11; Hos 6:2) was buried, rose again the third day
according to the Scriptures,
5 (Mk 16:14; Ac 10:41) and was seen by Cephas, and then by the twelve.
6 (Ac 7:60; 1Co 15:18) Then He was seen by over five hundred brothers
at once, of whom the greater part remain to this present time,
though some have passed away.
7 (Lk 24:50) Then He was seen by James and then by all the apostles.
8 (1Co 9:1; Ac 9:17) Last of all, He was seen by me also,
as by one born at the wrong time.
9 (Ac 8:3; 2Co 12:11) For I am the least of the apostles
and am not fit to be called an apostle,
because I persecuted the church of God.
10 (Php 2:13; 2Co 3:5) But by the grace of God I am what I am.
And His grace toward me was not in vain. I labored more abundantly
than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore, whether it was I or they,
so we preach and so you believed.

The Resurrection of the Dead

12 (Ac 23:8; 2Ti 2:18) Now if Christ is preached that He rose from the dead,
how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 (1Th 4:14) If there is no resurrection of the dead,
then Christ has not risen.
14 If Christ has not risen, then our preaching is vain,
and your faith is also vain.
15 (Ac 2:24) Yes, and we would then be found false witnesses of God,
because we have testified that God raised up Christ, whom He did not
raise up, if in fact the dead do not rise.
16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ has not been raised.
17 (Ro 4:25) If Christ is not raised, your faith is vain;
you are still in your sins.
18 (Rev 14:13; 1Co 15:6) Then they also who have fallen asleep
in Christ have perished.
19 (2Ti 3:12) If in this life only we have hope in Christ,
we are of all men most miserable.
20 (Ac 26:23; 1Co 15:23) But now is Christ risen from the dead
and become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.
21 (Jn 11:25; Ro 6:23) For since death came by man, by man came
also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 (1Co 15:20; 15:52) But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits;
afterward, those who are Christ's at His coming.
24 (Da 7:27; 7:14; Isa 9:7) Then comes the end when He will deliver up
the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule
and all authority and power.
25 (Ps 110:1; Mt 22:44) For He will reign until He has put all enemies
under His feet.
26 (2Ti 1:10; Rev 20:14) The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
27 (Ps 8:6; Mt 28:18) For He "has put all things under His feet."(Ps 8:6.)
But when He says, "all things are put under Him," it is revealed that He,
who has put all things under Him, is the exception.
28 (1Co 3:23; Php 3:21) When all things are subjected to Him,
then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put
all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
29 Otherwise, what will they do who are baptized for the dead,
if the dead do not rise at all? Why are they then baptized for the dead?
30 And why do we stand in danger every hour?
31 (Ro 8:36; 1Th 2:19) I affirm, by the boasting in you which
I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
32 (Isa 22:13; Lk 12:19) If, in the manner of men, I have fought with beasts
at Ephesus, what advantage is it to me if the dead do not rise?
"Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die."(Isa 22:13.)
33 (1Co 5:6; 6:9) Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals."
34 (Ro 13:11; 1Co 6:5) Awake to righteousness and do not sin,
for some do not have the knowledge of God. I say this to your shame.

The Resurrection Body

35 (Eze 37:3) But someone will say, "How are the dead raised up?
With what body do they come?”
36 (Jn 12:24) You fool! What you sow is not made alive unless it dies.
37 When you sow, you do not sow the body that shall be, but a bare kernel,
perhaps of wheat or of some other grain.
38 Then God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh. There is one kind of flesh of men,
another flesh of beasts, another of fish, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies.
The glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial
is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon,
and another glory of the stars. One star differs from another star in glory.
42 (Da 12:3; Mt 13:43) So also is the resurrection of the dead.
The body is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption.
43 (Col 3:4) It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory.
It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 (Ge 2:7; Ro 8:2; Jn 5:21) So it is written,
"The first man Adam was made a living soul." (Ge 2:7.)
The last Adam was made a life-giving spirit.
46 However, that which is spiritual is not first, but the natural,
and then the spiritual.
47 (Jn 3:31; Ge 2:7; 3:19) The first man was of the earth, made of dust;
the second man was the Lord from heaven.
48 (Php 3:20-21) As was the man of dust, so are those who are of dust;
and as is the man of heaven, so are those who are of heaven.
49 (Ge 5:3; Ro 8:29) As we have borne the image of the man of dust,
we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.
50 (Mt 16:17) Now this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot
inherit the kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
51 (1Co 13:2; Php 3:21) Listen, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep,
but we shall all be changed.
52 (Mt 24:31; Jn 5:25; Isa 27:13) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye,
at the last trumpet, for the trumpet will sound,
the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 (2Co 5:2-4; 1Jn 3:2) For this corruptible will put on incorruption,
and this mortal will put on immortality.
54 (Isa 25:8; Rev 20:14) When this corruptible will have put on incorruption,
and this mortal will have put on immortality, then the saying that is written
shall come to pass: "Death is swallowed up in victory."(Isa 25:8.)
55 (Hos 13:14) "O death, where is your sting?
O grave, where is your victory?"(Hos 13:14.)
56 (Ro 4:15) The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
57 (Ro 8:37; 2Co 2:14) But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ!
58 (1Co 16:10; 2Pe 3:14) Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast,
unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that
your labour in the Lord is not in vain.

1 Corinthians 15
[1] Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto
you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
[2] By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto
you, unless ye have believed in vain.
[3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how
that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
[4] And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according
to the scriptures:
[5] And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
[6] After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom
the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
[7] After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
[8] And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
[9] For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an
apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
[10] But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was
bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they
all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
[11] Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
[12] Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some
among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
[13] But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
[14] And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith
is also vain.
[15] Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified
of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the
dead rise not.
[16] For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
[17] And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your
sins.
[18] Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
[19] If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most
miserable.
[20] But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of
them that slept.
[21] For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the
dead.
[22] For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
[23] But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they
that are Christ's at his coming.
[24] Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to
God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority
and power.
[25] For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
[26] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
[27] For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all
things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put
all things under him.
[28] And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also
himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be
all in all.
[29] Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead
rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
[30] And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
[31] I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I
die daily.
[32] If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what
advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow
we die.
[33] Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
[34] Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of
God: I speak this to your shame.
[35] But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body
do they come?
[36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
[37] And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be,
but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
[38] But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his
own body.
[39] All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men,
another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
[40] There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory
of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
[41] There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and
another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in
glory.
[42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it
is raised in incorruption:
[43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness;
it is raised in power:
[44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a
natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the
last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is
natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
[47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from
heaven.
[48] As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the
heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
[49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the
image of the heavenly.
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the
kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all
be changed,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the
trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we
shall be changed.
[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put
on immortality.
[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this
mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the
saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
[55] O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
[56] The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
[57] But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord
Jesus Christ.
[58] Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always
abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is
not in vain in the Lord.

2) Our Daily Bread for 20 November 2022
Entitled "The Socratic Club" </a>

1 Peter 3:13-18

13 (Pr 16:7) Who is he who will harm you if you follow that which is good?
14 (1Pe 2:19-20; Isa 8:12-13) But even if you suffer for the sake
of righteousness, you are blessed. "Do not be afraid of their terror,
do not be troubled."(Isa 8:12.)
15 (Col 4:6; Isa 29:23) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts.
Always be ready to give an answer to every man who asks you for
a reason for the hope that is in you, with
gentleness and fear.
16 (Heb 13:18; 1Pe 2:12) Have a good conscience so that evildoers who speak
evil of you and falsely accuse your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
17 (1Pe 2:20; 4:19) For it is better, if it is the will of God, that you
suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
18 (1Pe 4:1; Heb 9:26; Ro 4:25) For Christ also has once suffered for sins,
the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, being put to death
in the flesh, but made alive by the Spirit,

[13] And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is
good?
[14] But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not
afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
[15] But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give
an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you
with meekness and fear:
[16] Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of
evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in
Christ.
[17] For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well
doing, than for evil doing.
[18] For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust,
that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but
quickened by the Spirit:

In 1941, the Socratic Club was established at England's Oxford University.
It was formed to encourage debate between believers in Jesus and atheists
or agnostics.

Religious debate at a secular university isn't unusual, but what is
surprising- is who chaired the Socratic Club for fifteen years-the great
Christian scholar C. S. Lewis. Willing to have his thinking tested, Lewis
believed that faith in Christ could stand up to great scrutiny.
He knew there was credible, rational evidence for believing in Jesus.

In a sense, Lewis was practicing Peter's advice to believers scattered by
persecution when he reminded them, "But sanctify the Lord God in your
hearts: and be ready always to give
an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you
with meekness and fear:" (1 Peter 3:15). Peter makes two key points: we have
good reasons for our hope in Christ and we're to present our reasoning with
"gentleness and respect."

Trusting Christ isn't religious escapism or wishful thinking. Our faith is
grounded in the facts of history, including the resurrection of Jesus and the
evidence of the creation bearing witness to its Creator. As we rest in God's
wisdom and the strength of the Spirit, may we be ready to share the reasons
we have for trusting our great God.

By: Bill Crowder

Reflect & Pray

How might you share your faith with someone? What evidence
for the resurrection of Jesus makes it reasonable, even though
it's clearly miraculous?

Almighty God, thank You for giving me credible evidence
to support my faith in You.

For further study, read
Why We Believe: Evidences for Christian Faith.</a

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 6 Showing Grace to Others - Day 1 - Forgiving as God Forgave

Col 3:13

13 Bear with one another and forgive one another. If anyone
has a quarrel against anyone, even as Christ forgave you, so you must do.

13 forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man
have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

"No!" Brett slammed his hand against the desk to punctuate his point.
"My wife's infidelity is completely unforgivable. She just wants to make things
look good, to have me condone her new relationship.
I won't do it. I won't forgive her."
Brett was a man in pain, and his perspective on forgiving
his wife is understandable. But unfortunately, many of us are
the victims of "unforgivable" offenses; many of us, as well,
are the perpetrators of such offenses, and we desperately need
to be forgiven.
Brett ultimately came to understand that forgiving and "unforgivable"
hurt is not based on the worthiness of the recipient of forgiveness,
but on the worthiness of Christ himself. The Bible teaches that we are bound
to forgiveness for one simple reason:
because God has forgiven us in Jesus Christ.
"Forgive as the Lord forgave", Paul commands in Col 3:13 . How did Christ
forgive? Freely, completely, without basing his forgiveness on our merit. He
forgave us unilaterally, offering forgiveness before we asked,
before we were aware of our sin and the pain it caused him,
before we came to him in repentance.
Forgiveness does more that release the perpetrator for the bondage of
his wrongdoing. It releases the victim as well. Forgiveness frees
the forgiver from the bondage of anger and bitterness that keeps him distant
from the love of God. We can forgive the most "unforgivable" of offenses
against us when we focus our attention not on the offender, but on Christ,
who forgave us.

Application

a) Have I ever harboured unforgiveness toward another person?
What was the result in my spiritual/emotional life?

b) Is there someone in my life who has hurt me, who I need to forgive?
How can this verse help me extend the forgiveness to that person?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Gen 13:2,5-6,14-17

2 (Ge 24:35; Ps 112:1-3) Abram was very wealthy in livestock,
in silver and in gold.
5 Now Lot, who went with Abram, also had flocks and herds and tents.
6 (Ge 36:6-7) But the land was not able to support them
both dwelling together because their possessions were so great.
14 (Ge 28:14; Dt 3:27) After Lot had departed from him,
the Lord said to Abram,
"Lift up now your eyes, and look from the place where you are,
northward and southward and eastward and westward.
15 (Ge 12:7; 2Ch 20:7) All the land that you see I will give to you
and to your descendants forever.
16 (Ge 28:14; Nu 23:10) I will make your descendants like the dust
of the earth, so that if a man could number the dust of the earth,
then your descendants could also be numbered.
17 Arise, and walk throughout the land across its length
and its width, for I will give it to you."

2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
5 And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.
6 And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell together:
for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together.
14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him,
Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward,
and southward, and eastward, and westward:
15 for all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it,
and to thy seed for ever.
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man
can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it;
for I will give it unto thee.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

God's Generous Provision

Ps 145:13b-21

13 Your dominion endures throughout all generations.
14 The Lord upholds all who fall,
and raises up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all wait upon You,
and You give them their food in due season.
16 You open Your hand
and satisfy the desire of every living thing.
17 The Lord is righteous in all His ways
and loving in all His works.
18 The Lord is near to all those who call upon Him,
to all who call upon Him in truth.
19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;
He also will hear their cry and will save them.
20 The Lord preserves all those who love Him,
but all the wicked He will destroy.
21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord,
and let all people bless His holy name
forever and ever.

13 And thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.
14 The LORD upholdeth all that fall,
And raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
15 The eyes of all wait upon thee;
And thou givest them their meat in due season.
16 Thou openest thine hand,
And satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways,
And holy in all his works.
18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him,
To all that call upon him in truth.
19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him:
He also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20 The LORD preserveth all them that love him:
But all the wicked will he destroy.
21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD:
And let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

20th Day of the Month

a) Pray for the children of Canada, that they would come to know
Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord.

( Matthew 19:14

14 (Mt 18:3; Lk 18:16-17)
But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me,
and do not forbid them. For to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not,
to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

)

b) Pray that Christians will recognise that our struggle is not
against the natural world but against invisible spiritual forces.

(

Eph 6:12

12 (Eph 1:3; 1:21) For our fight is not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers
of the darkness of this world, and against spiritual forces
of evil in the heavenly places.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against
spiritual wickedness in high places.

)

Conclusion:
Pray to the Lord and Pray to be an unsung Hero.

Pray to the Lord and pray to know how the Rapture is coming.

Pray to the Lord: "Almighty God, thank You for giving me credible evidence
to support my faith in You."

Pray to the Lord and pray to be a good forgiver.

Pray to the Lord and pray to thank Him for His promises.

Pray to the Lord and pray a prayer of thanks that He never changes!

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

[...]

Pray that a persecuted woman and her children will continue
to find peace in Christ in Yemen.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com