Day 329 of My Second Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Nov 25, 2022, 7:10:20 PM11/25/22
Day 329, 25 November 2022

1) Romans 11-14

Romans 11

The Remnant of Israel

1 (1Sa 12:22; 2Co 11:22) I say then, has God rejected His people?
God forbid! For I also am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham,
of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 (1Pe 1:2) God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew.
Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah?
How he pleads with God against Israel, saying,
3 "Lord, they have killed Your prophets and destroyed Your altars.
I alone am left, and they seek my life"?(1Ki 19:10. 41Ki 19:18)
But what is the divine reply to him?
"I have kept for Myself seven thousand men,
who have not bowed the knee to Baal."(1Ki 19:18. 5Ro 9:27)
So then at this present time there is a remnant according
to the election of grace.
6 And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; otherwise grace
would no longer be grace. But if it is by works, then is it no longer
by grace; otherwise work would no longer be work.
7 (Ro 9:18; 2Co 3:14) What then? Israel has not obtained what it was
seeking. But the elect obtained it, and the rest were hardened.
8 (Dt 29:4; Isa 29:10) As it is written:
"God has given them a spirit of slumber,
eyes that would not see
and ears that would not hear,
to this very day."(Isa 29:10.)
9 (Ps 69:22-23) And David says:
"Let their table become a snare and a trap,
a stumbling block and a retribution to them.
10 (Ps 69:23) Let their eyes be darkened, so that they may not see,
and always bow down their backs." (Ps 69:22-23.)

[1] I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an
Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
[2] God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the
scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel,
saying,
[3] Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I
am left alone, and they seek my life.
[4] But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself
seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
[5] Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to
the election of grace.
[6] And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more
grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no
more work.
[7] What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the
election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
[8] (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber,
eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto
this day.
[9] And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a
stumbling block, and a recompence unto them:
[10] Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their
back alway.

The Salvation of the Gentiles

11 (Ro 10:19; 11:14) I say then, have they stumbled that
they should fall? God forbid! But through their transgression salvation
has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.
12 (Ro 11:25) Now if their transgression means riches for the world,
and their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will
their fullness mean?
13 (Ac 9:15) For I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am
the apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
14 (1Co 7:16; Ro 9:3; 1Ti 4:16) if somehow I may make my kinsmen
jealous and may save some of them.
15 For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world,
what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?
16 (Eze 44:30; Lev 23:10) If the first portion of the dough is holy,
the batch is also holy. And if the root is holy, so are the branches.
17 (Jer 11:16; Eph 2:11-13) But if some of the branches were broken
off, and you, being a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among them
and became a partaker with them of the root
and richness of the olive tree,
18 do not boast against the branches. If you boast,
remember you do not sustain the root, but the root sustains you.
19 You will say then, "The branches were broken off, so that I might
be grafted in."
20 (Ro 12:16; 1Co 10:12) This is correct. They were broken off
because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant,
but fear.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will
He spare you.
22 (Jn 15:2; 1Co 15:2) Therefore consider the goodness and severity
of God-severity toward those who fell, but goodness toward you,
if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.
23 (2Co 3:16) And these also, if they do not remain in unbelief, will
be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature,
and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree,
how much more will these, who are the natural branches, be grafted
into their own olive tree?

[11] I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but
rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to
provoke them to jealousy.
[12] Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing
of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
[13] For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the
Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
[14] If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and
might save some of them.
[15] For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what
shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
[16] For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root
be holy, so are the branches.
[17] And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive
tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and
fatness of the olive tree;
[18] Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the
root, but the root thee.
[19] Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be
graffed in.
[20] Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by
faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
[21] For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also
spare not thee.
[22] Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell,
severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness:
otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
[23] And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed
in: for God is able to graff them in again.
[24] For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and
wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall
these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

The Restoration of Israel

25 (Lk 21:24; Ro 12:16; 16:25) For I do not want you to be ignorant
of this mystery, brothers, lest you be wise in your own estimation,
for a partial hardening has come upon Israel until the fullness
of the Gentiles has come in.
26 (Isa 59:20; Ps 14:7) And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
"The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
and He will remove ungodliness from Jacob";(Isa 59:20.)
27 (Isa 27:9; 59:21) "for this is My covenant with them,
when I shall take away their sins."(Isa 59:20-21; Jer 31:31-34.)
28 (Dt 10:15; Ro 9:5) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies
for your sake, but as regarding the election, they are beloved
for the sake of the patriarchs.
29 (Ro 8:28) For the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable.
30 (Col 3:7) For just as you once were disobedient to God,
but have now received mercy through their disobedience,
31 so these also have now been disobedient, that they also may
receive mercy by the mercy shown to you.
32 (Ro 3:9; Gal 3:22) For God has imprisoned them all in disobedience,
so that He might be merciful to all.
33 (Ro 2:4; Eph 3:10) O the depth of the riches and wisdom
and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are His judgments
and unfathomable are His ways!
34 (Isa 40:13; 1Co 2:16) "For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?"(Isa 40:13.)
35 (Job 35:7; 41:11) "Or who has first given to Him,
and it shall be repaid to him?" (Job 35:7; 41:11.)
36 (Ro 16:27; 1Co 8:6) For from Him and through Him
and to Him are all things.
To Him be glory forever! Amen.

[25] For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is
happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
[26] And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come
out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
[27] For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
[28] As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as
touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
[29] For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
[30] For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained
mercy through their unbelief:
[31] Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they
also may obtain mercy.
[32] For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy
upon all.
[33] O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how
unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
[34] For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his
counseller?
[35] Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him
again?
[36] For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be
glory for ever. Amen.

Romans 12

The New Life in Christ

1 (1Pe 2:5; Ro 6:13; 6:16) I urge you therefore, brothers, by the mercies
of God, that you present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy,
and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service of worship.
2 (Ro 12:1; 1Pe 1:14) Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed
by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good
and acceptable and perfect will of God.
3 (Ro 1:5; 11:20) For I say, through the grace given to me,
to everyone among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought
to think, but to think with sound judgment, according to the measure
of faith God has distributed to every man.
4 (1Co 12:12-14) For just as we have many parts in one body,
and not all parts have the same function,
5 (1Co 10:17; 12:20) so we, being many, are one body in Christ,
and all are parts of one another.
6 (Ac 13:1; 1Co 13:2) We have diverse gifts according to the grace
that is given to us: if prophecy, according to the proportion of faith;
7 (Ac 13:1; Eph 4:11) if service, in serving; he who teaches, in teaching;
8 (2Co 9:7; 1Co 12:28) he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives,
with generosity; he who rules, with diligence; he who shows mercy,
with cheerfulness.

[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye
present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is
your reasonable service.
[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the
renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable,
and perfect, will of God.
[3] For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among
you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to
think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of
faith.
[4] For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the
same office:
[5] So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of
another.
[6] Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us,
whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
[7] Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on
teaching;
[8] Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with
simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with
cheerfulness.

Rules of the Christian Life

9 (1Ti 1:5; 2Co 6:6)Let love be without hypocrisy. Hate what is evil.
Cleave to what is good.
10 (Php 2:3; Heb 13:1) Be devoted to one another with brotherly love;
prefer one another in honor,
11 (Ac 18:25) do not be lazy in diligence, be fervent in spirit,
serve the Lord,
12 (Heb 10:36; Ac 1:14) rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering,
persevere in prayer,
13 (2Co 9:1; 1Ti 3:2) contribute to the needs of the saints,
practice hospitality.
14 (Mt 5:44; Lk 6:28) Bless those who persecute you; bless,
and do not curse.
15 (Heb 13:3; Job 30:25) Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep
with those who weep.
16 (Ro 11:25; 15:5) Be of the same mind toward one another.
Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly.
Do not pretend to be wiser than you are.
17 (Pr 20:22; Mt 5:39) Repay no one evil for evil. Commend what is
honest in the sight of all men.
18 (Mk 9:50; Ro 14:19; Mt 5:9) If it is possible, as much as it depends
on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 (Dt 32:35; Pr 24:29) Beloved, do not avenge yourselves,
but rather give place to God's wrath, for it is written:
"Vengeance is Mine. I will repay,"(Dt 32:35.) says the Lord.
20 (Pr 25:21-22; Mt 5:44) Therefore
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him a drink;
for in doing so you will heap coals of fire on his head."(Pr 25:21-22.)
21 (1Pe 3:9) Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

[9] Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to
that which is good.
[10] Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour
preferring one another;
[11] Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
[12] Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in
prayer;
[13] Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
[14] Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
[15] Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
[16] Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but
condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
[17] Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight
of all men.
[18] If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all
men.
[19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto
wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
[20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him
drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
[21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 13

Subjection to Authorities

1 (Da 2:21; Jn 19:11) Let every person be subject to the governing
authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that
exist are appointed by God.
2 Therefore ­whoever resists the authority resists what God has appointed,
and those who resist will incur judgment.
3 Rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil works. Do you wish
to have no fear of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have
praise from him,
4 (2Ch 19:6; Ro 12:19) for he is the servant of God for your good.
But if you do what is evil, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword
in vain, for he is the servant of God, an avenger to execute wrath
upon him who practices evil.
5 (Ecc 8:2; 1Pe 2:19) So it is necessary to be in subjection, not only
because of wrath, but also for the sake of conscience.
6 For this reason you also pay taxes, for they are God's servants,
devoting themselves to this very thing.
7 (Mt 17:25; 22:21) Render to all what is due them: taxes to whom taxes
are due, respect to whom respect is due, fear to whom fear is due,
and honor to whom honor is due.

[1] Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power
but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
[2] Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God:
and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
[3] For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou
then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have
praise of the same:
[4] For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that
which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is
the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
[5] Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for
conscience sake.
[6] For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers,
attending continually upon this very thing.
[7] Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due;
custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Brotherly Love

8 (Ro 13:10; Mt 7:12) Owe no one anything, except to love one another,
for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9 (Lev 19:18; Mt 19:18-19; Ex 20:12-17) For the commandments,
"You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal,
You shall not give false testimony, You shall not covet,"
(Ex 20:13-15, 17; Dt 5:17-19, 21.) and if there are any other commandments,
are summed up in this saying,
"You shall love your neighbor as yourself."(Ps 18:49.)
10 (Ro 13:8) Love works no evil to a neighbor. Therefore love is
the fulfillment of the law.

[8] Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth
another hath fulfilled the law.
[9] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou
shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet;
and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this
saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling
of the law.

The Approach of the Day of Christ

11 (Eph 5:14; 1Co 15:34) Furthermore, knowing the time, now is the moment
to awake from sleep. For now our salvation is nearer than when we believed.
12 (Eph 5:11; 2Co 6:7) The night is far spent, the day is at hand.
Therefore let us take off the works of darkness and put on the armor
of light.
13 (Gal 5:21; Lk 21:34; Eph 5:18) Let us behave properly, as in the day,
not in carousing and drunkenness, not in immorality and wickedness,
not in strife and envy.
14 (Gal 3:27; Eph 4:24) But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no
provision for the flesh to fulfill its lusts.

[11] And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of
sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
[12] The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off
the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
[13] Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness,
not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
[14] But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the
flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Romans 14

Do Not Judge Your Brother

1 (Ro 15:1; 15:7) Welcome him who is weak in faith, but not
for the purpose of arguing over opinions.
2 (Ro 14:14) For one has faith to eat all things,
but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 (Lk 18:9; Ro 14:10) Do not let him who eats despise him who does
not eat, and do not let him who does not eat judge him who eats,
for God has welcomed him.
4 (Ro 9:20) Who are you to judge another man's servant? To his
own master he stands or falls. And he will stand,
for God is able to make him stand.
5 (Ro 14:23) One man judges one day above another;
another judges every day alike. Let each one be fully persuaded
in his own mind.
6 (Mt 14:19; 15:36) He who observes the day observes it for the Lord,
and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.
He who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, for he gives thanks to God;
and the one who does not eat, in honour of the Lord he does not eat,
and gives thanks to God.
7 (2Co 5:15; 1Th 5:10) For none of us lives for himself, and no one dies
for himself.
8 (Php 1:20; 1Th 5:10) For if we live, we live for the Lord. And if we die,
we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 (Rev 1:18; Mt 28:18; Lk 24:26) For to this end Christ died and rose
and lived again, so that He might be Lord of both the dead and living.
10 (2Co 5:10; Ro 2:16; 1Co 4:5) So why do you judge your brother? Or why do
you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat
of Christ.
11 For it is written:
"As I live, says the Lord,
every knee shall bow to Me,
and every tongue shall confess to God."(Isa 45:23.)
12 (Mt 12:36; 1Pe 4:5) So then each of us shall give
an account of himself to God.

[1] Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful
disputations.
[2] For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak,
eateth herbs.
[3] Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him
which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
[4] Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he
standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him
stand.
[5] One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day
alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
[6] He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that
regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth,
eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the
Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
[7] For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
[8] For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die
unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
[9] For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might
be Lord both of the dead and living.
[10] But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy
brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
[11] For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to
me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
[12] So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Do Not Make Your Brother Stumble

13 (Mt 7:1) Therefore let us no longer pass judgment on one another,
but rather determine not to put a stumbling block
or an obstacle in a brother's way.
14 (1Co 8:7; Ro 14:2) I know and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus
that nothing is unclean in itself, but to him who considers anything to be
unclean, to him it is unclean.
15 (Eph 5:2) If your brother is grieved because of your food, you are
no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food one
for whom Christ died.
16 (Ro 12:17; 1Co 10:29-30) So do not let what is good to you be spoken
of as evil.
17 (Ro 15:13; 1Co 8:8; Gal 5:22) For the kingdom of God does not mean
eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy
Spirit.
18 (2Co 8:21; Ro 16:18) For he who serves Christ in these things
is acceptable to God and approved by men.
19 (Ps 34:14; Ro 15:2) Therefore let us pursue the things which
produce peace and the things that build up one another.
20 (Ro 14:14-15; Ac 10:15) Do not destroy the work of God for the
sake of food. All things indeed are clean, but it is evil for the man
who causes someone to fall by what he eats.
21 (1Co 8:13) It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine,
nor do anything whereby your brother stumbles or is offended
or is made weak.
22 (1Jn 3:21) The faith that you have, have as your own conviction
before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats,
because it is not from faith, for whatever is not from faith is sin.

[13] Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather,
that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's
way.
[14] I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing
unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him
it is unclean.
[15] But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not
charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
[16] Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
[17] For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and
peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
[18] For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and
approved of men.
[19] Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and
things wherewith one may edify another.
[20] For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but
it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
[21] It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing
whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
[22] Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that
condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
[23] And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of
faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

2) Our Daily Bread for 25 November 2022
Entitled "Enduring Hope" </a>

Revelation 21:1-8

Revelation 21

The New Heaven and the New Earth

1 (Isa 66:22; 2Pe 3:13) Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth."(Isa 65:17.)
For the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no
more sea.
2 (Heb 11:10; Rev 3:12) I, John, saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem,
coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned
for her husband.
3 (2Co 6:16; Rev 7:15) And I heard a loud voice from heaven, saying,
"Look! The tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them.
They shall be His people, and God Himself will be with them
and be their God.
4 (Isa 25:8; 35:10; 1Co 15:26) 'God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
There shall be no more death.'(Isa 25:8.) Neither shall there be any more
sorrow nor crying nor pain, for the former things have passed away."
5 (Rev 4:9; 20:11) He who was seated on the throne said,
"Look! I am making all things new." Then He said to me,
"Write, for these words are faithful and true."
6 (Rev 1:8; 22:13; Jn 4:10) He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha
and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the spring
of the water of life to him who thirsts.
7 (Rev 21:3; Mt 25:34) He who overcomes shall inherit all things,
and I will be his God and he shall be My son. (2Sa 7:14; Ps 89:26.)
8 (Rev 19:20; Gal 5:19-21) But the cowardly, the unbelieving,
the abominable, the murderers, the sexually immoral, the sorcerers,
the idolaters, and all liars shall have their portion
in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone. This is the second death."

[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the
first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of
heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle
of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his
people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no
more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more
pain: for the former things are passed away.
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And
he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and
the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water
of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and
he shall be my son.
[8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and
whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their
part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second
death.

Doctors diagnosed four-year-old Solomon with Duchenne muscular dystrophy, a
progressive muscle-degenerating disease. A year later, doctors discussed
wheelchairs with the family. But Solomon protested that he didn't want to
have to use one. Family and friends prayed for him and raised funds for a
professionally trained service dog to help keep him out of that wheelchair
for as long as possible. Tails for Life, the organization that trained my
service dog, Callie, is currently preparing Waffles to serve Solomon.

Though Solomon accepts his treatment, often bursting out in song to praise
God, some days are harder. On one of those difficult days, Solomon hugged
his mom and said, "I’m happy there's no Duchenne's in heaven."

The degenerating effects of sickness affect all people on this side of
eternity. Like Solomon, however, we have an enduring hope that can
strengthen our resolve on those inevitable tough days. God gives us the
promise of "a new heaven and a new earth"(Revelation 21:1). Our Creator and
Sustainer will "dwell" among us by making His home with us (v. 3). He will
"wipe every tear" from our eyes. "There will be no more death or mourning or
crying or pain" (v. 4). When the wait feels "too hard" or "too long,"
we can experience peace because God's promise will be fulfilled.

By: Xochitl Dixon

Reflect & Pray

How has acknowledging God's promise for a new heaven and a new earth
comforted you? How can you encourage a hurting friend with the enduring
hope of God's promises?

Loving God, thank You for strengthening
my resolve with the surety of my enduring hope.

For further study, read
Prophetic Priorities: Wrestling with the End Times</a>.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 6 Showing Grace to Others - Day 6 Reconciliation

2 Cor 5:18-19

18 All this is from God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ
and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 that is, that God was
in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their sins
against them, and has entrusted to us the message of reconciliation.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus
Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us
the word of reconciliation.

When Paul writes in 2 Cor 5:17 that we become a "new creation" in Christ
Jesus, the story does not end there. The verses following give us direction
for tht new life in Christ. "All This", Paul says, referring to the miracle of
new life in Christ, "is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ
and gave us the ministry of reconciliation."
Reconciliation means to bring back together what was once separated. Man was
separated from God by sin, and God took the initiative to reconcile man to
himself. Our "ministry of reconciliation" as Christians is twofold: to draw
others to the Lord and to work for reconciliation between individuals.
Reconciliation is the ultimate goal of forgiveness. God, through his grace ,
extends forgiveness to us when we are still sinners, unrepentant,
undeserving. When we respond, we come into reconciliation with him
and are brought back into oneness. Likewise, when we extend the grace
of forgiveness to another, we are set free by the act of forgiving, but we
hope that the ultimate outcome will be reconciliation.
God shows us the pattern: he is the wronged party, yet he does not wait for
the offender to come to him, hat in hand. He takes a bold initiative, offering
forgiveness freely with out regard to merit. The pattern applies to us;
as the new life in Christ takes hold of us, we must reach out, and reach,
and keep on reaching, breaking down the barriers, taking the risk of
rejection so that we may come to reconciliation.

Application

a) What barriers stand between me and reconciliation with another person?

b) How can I take a risk and reach out to offer forgiveness and
reconciliation to them?

c) What kind of attitude do I need to be a "minister of reconciliation"?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Exodus 3:7-8

7 (Ps 106:44; Ex 2:23-25)The Lord said,
"I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt
and have heard their cry on account of their taskmasters,
for I know their sorrows.
8 (Ge 50:24; 15:18-21; Ex 13:5) Therefore, I have come down
to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians,
and to bring them up out of that land to a good and spacious land,
to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of
the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites,
the Hivites, and the Jebusites."

7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people
which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters;
for I know their sorrows;
8 and I am come down to deliver them out of the hand
of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and
a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the
Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites,
and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are lonely

PSALMS 23

A Psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters.
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) He restores my soul;
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:8) Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup runs over.
6 (2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 25 of the Month

a) Pray that there will be a growing number of people in your city or
community trusting in Christ as Saviour and Lord.

(Acts 2: 41,47b

41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized,
and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
47 ... And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:
and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
47 ... And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
)

b) Pray that those who serve in the justice system will be agents of true
justice for all.

( Prov 11:1

1 A false balance is abomination to the Lord,
but a just weight is His delight.

1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD:
But a just weight is his delight.

)

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to know how to live in the Spirit.

Pray to the Lord: "Loving God, thank You for strengthening
my resolve with the surety of my enduring hope."

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember you are a minister of reconciliation.

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember He will help you in times of oppression.

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember He is the good shepherd!

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

[...]

Pray for unity and friendship among churches and theit pastors in Azerbaijan.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com