Day 333 of the 2nd Bible Study Journey 3rd Day of Advent

The Doctor

Nov 29, 2022, 7:23:25โ€ฏPM11/29/22
Day 333, 29 November 2022

1) 2 Corinthians 11-13 , Acts 20:7-12

2 Corinthians 11

Paul and the False Apostles

1 (2Co 5:13; 11:4) I would to God you could bear with me a little in my folly.
Indeed, bear with me.
2 (Isa 54:5; Hos 2:19-20) For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy. For
I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin
to Christ.
3 (Rev 12:9; Ge 3:4; Jn 8:44) But I fear that somehow, as the serpent
deceived Eve through his trickery, so your minds might be led astray
from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 (1Co 3:11; Gal 1:6-8) For if he who comes preaches another Jesus,
whom we have not preached, or if you receive another spirit, which
you have not received, or another gospel, which you have not accepted,
you might submit to it readily enough.
5 For I think I am not in any way inferior to the most eminent
of the apostles.
6 (1Co 1:17; Eph 3:4) Even though I am unpolished in speech, yet I am not
in knowledge. All things about us have been thoroughly revealed to you.
7 (2Co 12:13) Did I commit a sin in abasing myself that you might be exalted,
because I preached to you the gospel of God free of charge?
8 I robbed other churches by accepting wages from them to serve you.
9 (1Th 2:6) Furthermore, when I was present with you and was lacking,
I was a burden to no one. For the brothers who came from Macedonia
supplied what I lacked. In all things I have kept myself from being
burdensome to you, and so will I keep myself.
10 (Ro 9:1; Ac 18:12) As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop
me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia.
11 (2Co 12:15; 12:2-3) Why? Because I do not love you? God knows.
12 (1Co 9:12) And I will continue doing what I am doing, that I may cut off
the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be found equal to us
in what they boast about.
13 (Rev 2:2; Gal 1:7) For such are false apostles and deceitful workers,
disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14 (Gal 1:8) And no wonder! For even Satan disguises himself as an angel
of light.
15 (Php 3:19; 2Co 3:9) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also
disguise themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end will be
according to their works.

[1] Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear
with me.
[2] For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you
to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
[3] But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his
subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in
Christ.
[4] For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not
preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or
another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
[5] For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
[6] But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been
throughly made manifest among you in all things.
[7] Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted,
because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely?
[8] I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.
[9] And when I was present with you, and wanted, I was chargeable to no man:
for that which was lacking to me the brethren which came from Macedonia
supplied: and in all things I have kept myself from being burdensome unto
you, and so will I keep myself.
[10] As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting
in the regions of Achaia.
[11] Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.
[12] But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them
which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as
we.
[13] For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves
into the apostles of Christ.
[14] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
[15] Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as
the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Paul's Sufferings as an Apostle

16 (2Co 11:1; 12:6) I say again, let no one think that I am a fool.
Otherwise, at least receive me as a fool, so that I also may boast a little.
17 (1Co 7:12; 2Co 9:4) What I speak, I speak not according to the Lord, but
as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.
18 Seeing that many boast according to the flesh, I also will boast.
19 (1Co 4:10) For you tolerate fools gladly, seeing you yourselves are wise.
20 (Gal 2:4; 4:3) For you permit it if a man brings you into bondage, if a
man devours you, if a man takes from you, if a man exalts himself, or if a
man strikes you on the face.
21 (2Co 10:10; 10:1-2) I say to my reproach that we were too weak for that.
But whenever anyone is bold (I speak foolishly), I am bold also.
22 (Php 3:5; Ro 11:1) Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites?
So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I.
23 (1Co 15:10; 2Co 6:4-5) Are they servants of Christ? I speak as a fool.
I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure,
in prisons more frequently, in deaths often.
24 Five times I received from the Jews forty lashes minus one.
25 (Ac 14:19) Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned;
three times I suffered shipwreck; a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 (Ac 14:5; 13:50; 17:5) in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils
of robbers, in perils by my own countrymen, in perils by the Gentiles, in
perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in
perils among false brothers;
27 (2Co 6:5; Php 4:12; 1Th 2:9) in weariness and painfulness, in
sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, and in cold
and nakedness.
28 Beside the external things, the care of all the churches pressures
me daily.
29 (1Co 8:13; 9:22) Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is led into sin,
and I am not distressed?
30 (1Co 2:3) If I must boast, I will boast of the things which concern
my weakness.
31 (Ro 9:5; Jn 10:30) The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who is blessed forevermore, knows that I am not lying.
32 In Damascus the governor under King Aretas secured
the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desiring to arrest me.
33 (Ac 9:25) But I was let down by the wall through a window in a basket
and escaped his hands.

[16] I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool
receive me, that I may boast myself a little.
[17] That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were
foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.
[18] Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.
[19] For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.
[20] For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if
a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.
[21] I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak. Howbeit
whereinsoever any is bold, (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also.
[22] Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the
seed of Abraham? so am I.
[23] Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours
more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths
oft.
[24] Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
[25] Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered
shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
[26] In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in
perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the
city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among
false brethren;
[27] In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst,
in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
[28] Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily,
the care of all the churches.
[29] Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
[30] If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine
infirmities.
[31] The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for
evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
[32] In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the
Damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:
[33] And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and
escaped his hands.

2 Corinthians 12

Visions and Revelations

1 (Gal 1:12; 2:2) Doubtless it is not profitable for me to boast.
So I will move on to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2 (2Co 11:11; Ac 22:17) I knew a man in Christ over fourteen years ag
-whether in the body or out of the body I cannot tell, God knows-such
a one was caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew that such a man-whether in the body or out of the body I cannot
tell, God knows-
4 (Lk 23:43; Rev 2:7) was caught up into paradise and heard inexpressible
words not permitted for a man to say.
5 Of such a person, I will boast. Yet of myself I will not boast, except in
my weaknesses.
6 (2Co 11:16) For if I desire to boast, I will not be a fool, for I will be
speaking the truth. But now I resist, lest anyone should think of me above
that which he sees me to be or hears from me.
7 (Nu 33:55; Eze 28:24) And lest I should be exalted above measure
by the abundance of revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh,
a messenger of Satan, to torment me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 I asked the Lord three times that this thing might depart from me.
9 (Php 4:13; 2Co 12:10; Isa 40:29-31) But He said to me, "My grace is
sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore most gladly I will boast in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ
may rest upon me.
10 (Ro 5:3; 2Co 13:4) So I take pleasure in weaknesses, in reproaches, in
hardships, in persecutions, and in distresses for Christ's sake. For when
I am weak, then I am strong.

[1] It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions
and revelations of the Lord.
[2] I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I
cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such
an one caught up to the third heaven.
[3] And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I
cannot tell: God knoweth;)
[4] How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words,
which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
[5] Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine
infirmities.
[6] For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will
say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that
which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
[7] And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the
revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of
Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
[8] For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is
made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my
infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
[10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in
necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am
weak, then am I strong.

Paul's Concern for the Corinthian Church

11 (2Co 11:5; 11:1) I have become a fool in boasting. You have compelled me,
for I ought to have been commended by you, for I am in no way inferior
to the leading apostles, though I am nothing.
12 Truly the signs of an apostle were performed among you in all patience,
in signs and wonders, and mighty deeds.
13 (1Co 9:12; 2Co 12:14) For in what respect were you inferior to other
churches, unless it be that I myself was not burdensome to you?
Forgive me this wrong!
14 (Pr 19:14; 1Co 4:14-15) I am ready to come to you this third time.
And I will not be burdensome to you, for I do not seek what is yours,
but you. For the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but
the parents for the children.
15 (Php 2:17; 1Th 2:8) And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you.
If I love you more, am I to be loved less?
16 But be that as it may. I did not burden you. Nevertheless, being crafty,
I caught you with deceit.
17 Did I take advantage of you by any of those whom I sent to you?
18 (2Co 8:6; Ro 4:12) I urged Titus to go, and with him I sent a brother.
Did Titus take advantage of you? Did we not walk in the same spirit?
Did we not walk in the same steps?
19 (Ro 9:1; 2Co 10:8) Again, do you think that we are defending ourselves
to you? We speak before God in Christ. We do all things, beloved, for your
edifying.
20 (Ro 1:29; 1Co 1:11) For I fear that when I come, I shall not find you
such as I wish, and that I shall be found by you such as you do not wish.
I fear there are debates, envying, wrath, strife, backbiting, whispering,
arrogance, and disorder.
21 (2Co 13:2; 1Co 5:1) And I fear that when I come again, my God will
humble me among you, and that I shall mourn for many who have sinned already,
who have not repented of uncleanness, sexual immorality, and lasciviousness
which they have committed.

[11] I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to
have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest
apostles, though I be nothing.
[12] Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience,
in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
[13] For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other churches, except it be
that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive me this wrong.
[14] Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be
burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not
to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.
[15] And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more
abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
[16] But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I
caught you with guile.
[17] Did I make a gain of you by any of them whom I sent unto you?
[18] I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a gain
of you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps?
[19] Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God
in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.
[20] For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would,
and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be
debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings,
tumults:
[21] And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that
I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the
uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

2 Corinthians 13

Final Warnings and Greetings

1 (Dt 19:15; 2Co 12:14) This is the third time I am coming to you. "In the
mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." (Dt 19:15.)
2 (2Co 1:23) I told you before, and foretell as if I were present the second
time. And being absent now, I write to those who have sinned before, and to
all the others, that if I come again, I will not spare anyone,
3 (Mt 10:20) since you seek proof of Christ speaking through me, who toward
you is not weak, but is mighty in you.
4 (1Pe 3:18; Ro 6:4; 1:4) For though He was crucified through weakness, yet
He lives by the power of God. So also we are weak in Him, but we shall live
with Him by the power of God serving you.
5 (1Co 11:28; Ro 8:10) Examine yourselves, seeing whether you are in the
faith; test yourselves. Do you not know that Jesus Christ is in you?-unless
indeed you are disqualified.
6 I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
7 Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved,
but that you should do that which is honorable, whether or not we may seem
disqualified.
8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth.
9 (2Co 13:11; 1Th 3:10) For we are glad when we are weak, and you are strong.
We wish even your perfection.
10 (2Co 10:8; 2:3) Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being
present I should be sharp, according to the authority which the Lord has
given me for edification and not for destruction.
11 (Ro 15:33; Mk 9:50; Ro 12:16) Finally, brothers, farewell. Be perfect,
be of good comfort, be of one mind, and live in peace, and the God of love
and peace will be with you.
12 (Ro 16:16) Greet one another with a holy kiss.
13 All the saints greet you.
14 (Ro 16:20; Php 2:1; Jude 1:21) The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,
and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
Amen.

[1] This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three
witnesses shall every word be established.
[2] I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second
time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and
to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:
[3] Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not
weak, but is mighty in you.
[4] For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power
of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power
of God toward you.
[5] Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be
reprobates?
[6] But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
[7] Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear
approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as
reprobates.
[8] For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
[9] For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we
wish, even your perfection.
[10] Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I
should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to
edification, and not to destruction.
[11] Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one
mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
[12] Greet one another with an holy kiss.
[13] All the saints salute you.
[14] The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the
communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Acts 20:7-12

Paul's Farewell Visit to Troas

7 (Ac 20:11; 1Co 16:2; Rev 1:10) On the first day of the week,
when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to leave
the next day, preached to them and continued his message until midnight.
8 (Ac 1:13) There were many lamps in the upper room where they were
assembled.
9 A young man named Eutychus sat in the window, falling into a deep sleep
as Paul spoke for a longer time. Being overcome by sleep, he fell down
from the third floor and was taken up dead.
10 (Mk 5:39; Mt 9:23-24) Paul went down and leaned over him, and embracing
him said, "Do not be troubled, for he is alive."
11 (Ac 20:7) When he had gone up and had broken bread and eaten,
he conversed for a long while until dawn and departed.
12 They took the lad in alive and were greatly comforted.

[7] And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to
break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and
continued his speech until midnight.
[8] And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were
gathered together.
[9] And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being
fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with
sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.
[10] And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble
not yourselves; for his life is in him.
[11] When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten,
and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.
[12] And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.

2) Our Daily Bread for 29 November 2022
Entitled "A Hot Meal" </a>

Matthew 25:34-40

35 (Eze 18:7; 18:16) For I was hungry and you gave Me food,
I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in.
36 (Jas 1:27; Heb 10:34) I was naked and you clothed Me,
I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry
and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39 And when did we see You sick or in prison and come to You?'
40 (Mt 10:42; Pr 19:17) "The King will answer, 'Truly I say to you,
as you have done it for one of the least of these brothers of Mine,
you have done it for Me.'

[35] For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave
me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
[36] Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in
prison, and ye came unto me.
[37] Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
[38] When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed
thee?
[39] Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
[40] And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you,
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye
have done it unto me.

Barbecue chicken, green beans, spaghetti, rolls. On a cool day in October,
at least fifty-four homeless people received this hot meal from a woman
celebrating fifty-four years of life. The woman and her friends decided to
forgo her usual birthday dinner in a restaurant, choosing instead to cook
and serve meals to people on the streets of Chicago. On social media, she
encouraged others to also perform a random act of kindness as a birthday gift.

This story reminds me of Jesus' words in Matthew 25: "Truly I tell you,
whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine,
you did for me." (v. 40). He said these words after declaring that His sheep
will be invited into His eternal kingdom to receive their inheritance (vv.
33-34). At that time, Jesus will acknowledge that they're the people who fed
and clothed Him because of their genuine faith in Him, unlike the proud
religious people who did not believe in Him (see 26:3-5). Although the
"righteous" will question when they fed and clothed Jesus (25:37), He'll
assure them that what they did for others was also done for Him (v. 40).

Feeding the hungry is just one way God helps us care for His people-showing
our love for Him and relationship with Him. May He help us meet others'
needs today.

By: Katara Patton

Reflect & Pray

What acts of kindness can you do today to show God's love to others?
How are you also caring for Him when you help meet their needs?

Gracious God, please help me to show Your love through my actions today.

For further study, read Loving the Neighbor Next Door.</a>

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 7 Promises of Grace - Day 3 - All I need

Phil 4:19

19 But my God shall supply your every need according
to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

19 But my God shall supply all your need according
to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

"But Mom, I really need these!" The strident voice of a teenage girl
rose above the hum of voices in the department store. The item in question
was a pair of $80 blue Jeans, faded, bleached, and torn in the right knee.
Style . Fashion. Self-Image. The girl may not have needed the jeans to
enhance her wardrobe, but she obviously felt she needed then to
enhance her acceptability among her peers.
Phillippains 4:19 promises that God "shall supply your every need according
to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." But just what needs does this
promise cover? My need for a bigger house? A better job?
An $80 pair of Calvin Kleins?
Certainly God knows and cares about the physical, superficial need of our
lives, and he provides what we need to sustain life. But God's priority
goes much deeper than the kind of radial tires we buy or the brand name on
our back pockets. God is interested in eternal values, in spiritual needs, and
he knows what we need in our lives to draw us closer to him.
"Out of his glorious riches in Christ Jesus," God will enrich us spiritually.
The application of Phil 4:19 involves trusting God to know and care about our
real needs, the deep needs of our souls, and allowing him the freedom to
order our circumstances so that those needs are met. When we are bold
enough to pray, "Lord, do whatever is necessary to make me more like
Jesus Christ," our Father delights to answer that prayer and supply our needs.

Application

a) What is the difference between my "Needs" and my "wants"?

b) What spiritual needs can I identify in my life?

c) How can this verse help me keep my own priorities
in line with God's value system?

4) Prosperity verses from Kenneth Copeland

Joshua 1:8

8 (Ps 19:14; 119:15) This Book of the Law must not depart from your mouth.
Meditate on it day and night so that you may act carefully according to all
that is written in it. For then you will make your way successful,
and you will be wise.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt
meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according
to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous,
and then thou shalt have good success.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are discouraged or Depressed

Matthew 11: 25-30

25 (Ps 8:2; Jn 11:41) At that time Jesus said, "I thank You, O Father,
Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things
from the wise and prudent and revealed them to infants.
26 Even so, Father, for it seemed good in Your sight.
27 (Jn 10:15; Mt 28:18; Jn 1:18) "All things are delivered to Me
by My Father, and no one knows the Son, except the Father.
And no one knows the Father, except the Son and he to whom
the Son will reveal Him.
28 (Jn 7:37; 6:37) "Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavily
burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 (Jer 6:16; Jn 13:15) Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me.
For I am meek and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.(Jer 6:16).
30 (1Jn 5:3) For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."
because He has dealt bountifully with me.

The Hidden Revelation
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father,
Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things
from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man
knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father,
save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek
and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 29 of the Month

a) Pray that God will enlighten those in medicine and health care
to acknowledge the sanctity of life and server with true
integrity and compassion (

Ps 139:13-16

13 You brought my inner parts into being;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise you, for You made me with fear and wonder;
marvelous are Your works,
and You know me completely.
15 My frame was not hidden from You
when I was made in secret,
and intricately put together in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw me unformed,
yet in Your book
all my days were written,
before any of them came into being.

13 For thou hast possessed my reins:
Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
Marvellous are thy works; And that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee,
When I was made in secret, and curiously wrought
in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
And in thy book all my members were written,
Which in continuance were fashioned,
When as yet there was none of them.

)

b) Pray that the Church in Canada will remember the poor
and compassionately respond to their plight (

Gal 2:10

10 (Ac 24:17) Only they requested that we should remember the poor,
which I also was eager to do.

10 Only they would that we should remember the poor;
the same which I also was forward to do.

)

Advent Day 3

From C. S. Lewis A grand Miracle Joel Heck

"He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him.
One has the picture of a strong man stooping lower and lower to get himself
underneath some great complicated burden. He must stoop in order to lift, he
must almost disappear under the load before he inยญ credibly straightens his
back and marches off with the whole mass swaying on his shoulders." - C. S.
Lewis

(Read this and more in Miracles, p. 148.)

Down and Up

God came down in the person of Jesus to bring the world up. Abraham was
humbled when asked to sacrifice his son Isaac and, in the process, learned to
trust God fully. Peter refused to have his feet washed by Jesus but changed
his mind when Jesus said, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me" (John
13:8). Perhaps that's why Peter later wrote, "Humble yourselves, therefore,
under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time" (1 Pet. 5:6).
Where did he get that idea? From Jesus, the one who humbled himself and was
later exalted, but in his case without sin. Jesus told a dinner host, "For
everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will
be exalted" (Luke 14:11).

God the Son came down to live among us, and then he went up. He enjoyed the
glory and majesty of heaven, but decided, for our benefit, to humble himself.
In doing that, Jesus set a pattern that works for everyone. Lift yourself up,
and you will be put down. Lower yourself, and you will be lifted up.

Jesus didn't do this just to set an example for us to follow. He did it to
save us. By coming down, he became a man, able to die. By going up, he
overcame everything he met when he went down, including whatever problems you
face at this very moment. Hold on to his hand! In that going up, God has
exalted him to the highest place and promises to bring you up in the same
way.

Jesus, help me down so that you can bring me up to you. Amen.

Philippians 2:9-11

9 (Heb 2:9; Mt 28:18) Therefore God highly exalted Him
and gave Him the name which is above every name,
10 (Mt 28:18) that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 (Jn 13:13; Ro 14:9) and every tongue should
confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

From Follow the Story by Marva J. Dawn

TUESDAY, FIRST WEEK OF ADVENT

according to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn
incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.

-Luke 1:9

Time for Zechariah to be serving in the Temple-
his greatest ecstasy as a priest! The various orders rotated terms taking
care of the Temple, and now was the time for the order of Abijah.
Zechariah was thrilled because there was
nothing better than serving directly in God's own house!

Even more inspiring, Zechariah had been chosen by lot,
according to the custom of the priesthood, to be the precise
person given the great privilege of entering the Lord's sanctuary
to present daily incense. This dispensation was accorded a person rarely,
if ever, so he was undoubtedly elated and a bit fearful to be granted
such an honour.

Recognizing what filled Zechariah's spirit is valuable
before we consider what took place,
because it heightens our understanding of his reactions.
Also, let us see God's hand behind the lot,
God's design in the appointment, because the Lord has
a momentous message and purpose for aged Zechariah.

Prayer

Lord, what special assignment do you have for us today?
Fill us with Joy to be serving you! Amen.

Read Luke 1:8-17.

8 Now while he served as priest before God, when his division was on duty,
9 according to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn
incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
10 And the whole crowd of people were praying outside at the hour of incense.
11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side
of the altar of incense.
12 When Zechariah saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
13 But the angel said to him, "Do not fear, Zechariah, for your prayer
has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son,
and you shall call his name John.
14 You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth.
15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink
neither wine nor strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit,
even from his mother's womb.
16 He will turn many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God.
17 And he will go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah,
to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children
and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready
a people prepared for the Lord."

The Ah-Has of Advent by Rich Bimler

FIRST TUESDAY

AH-HA! Ambassadors of Health, Hope and ATONEMENT!

Read Isaiah 2:1-5.

1 (Isa 1:1) The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw
concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2 (Isa 27:13; Mic 4:1-3) In the last days,
the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established
on the top of the mountains,
and shall be exalted above the hills,
and all nations shall flow to it.
3 (Lk 24:47; Isa 51:4-5) Many people shall go and say,
"Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
to the house of the God of Jacob,
and He will teach us of His ways,
and we will walk in His paths."
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 (Hos 2:18; Joel 3:10) He shall judge among the nations,
and shall rebuke many peoples;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
nor shall they learn war any more.
5 (Eph 5:8; 1Jn 1:7) O house of Jacob, come,
and let us walk in the light of the Lord.

Pastor Mitri Raheb, Bethlehem,Palestine, is an AH-HA person or God!

He lives with hope in the Lord in that little town of Bethlehem,
where there is so little peace. He often has said
"The world does not need more peace-talkers:
the world needs more peace-doers!"

Atonement is a great Advert word of AH-HA! Christ came at Christmas
in order to die and rise tor us to make us at one with each other!
His action of atoning for our sins is what enables us to be AH-HA
people even, in the midst of a peaceless society Pastor Raheb insists that
"the world does not need another saviour to come to Make peace in the world.
We already have a Saviour who has done this'ยท

Isaiah 2:3 Many people shall go and say,
"Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
to the house of the God of Jacob,
and He will teach us of His ways,
and we will walk in His paths."
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Today seek ways. to walk as a peace-doer in the Lord.
Worship this week on 1 of the "mountains" the Lord provides for you.
Bring a peaceful word of greeting to a lonely friend.
Find a way to be at one with someone with whom you disagree

We all do not need to go to Bethlehem to bring the people there God's
peace Instead, thank the Lord that he was born in Bethlehem
in order that peace in him may flow to all the world.

Lord, we are AH-Ha people because you have atoned for our sins.

In Jesus' name. Amen ... and AH-HA!

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to be weak in yourself and strong in Him.

Pray to the Lord: "Gracious God, please help me to show Your love through
my actions today."

Pray to the Lord and pray to ask The Lord to help you in your meditations.

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember to give your burdens to Him.

Pray to the Lord and pray to know thaT THE Lord
is preparing a place in Heaven for you!

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

[...]

Pray Jesus, help me down so that you can bring me up to you. Amen.

Pray Lord, what special assignment do you have for us today?
Fill us with Joy to be serving you! Amen.

Pray Lord, we are AH-Ha people because you have atoned for our sins. Amen

Pray that God's provision and ministry in Tanzania will bless Mama Generose,
the widow of a martyred pastor.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com