Day 340 of my Second Bible Study Journey Day 10 of Advent

The Doctor

Dec 6, 2022, 4:27:15 PM12/6/22
Day 340, 6 December 2022

1) Ephesians 5:15-33,6 Colossians 1:1-23

Ephesians 5

Walk as Children of Light

15 (Col 4:5) See then that you walk carefully, not as fools, but as wise men,
16 (Eph 6:13; Col 4:5) making the most of the time because the days are evil.
17 (Ro 12:2; Col 1:9) Therefore do not be unwise, but understand
what the will of the Lord is.
18 (Pr 20:1; 1Co 5:11; Lk 1:15) Do not be drunk with wine, for that is
reckless living. But be filled with the Spirit.
19 (Col 3:16; Ac 16:25; 1Co 14:26) Speak to one another in psalms, hymns,
and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.
20 (Col 3:17; Ps 34:1; Eph 5:4) Give thanks always for all things to God
the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
21 (Php 2:3; Eph 5:22) being submissive to one another in the fear of God.

[15] See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
[16] Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
[17] Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord
is.
[18] And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the
Spirit;
[19] Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing
and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
[20] Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name
of our Lord Jesus Christ;
[21] Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Wives and Husbands

22 (Ge 3:16; 1Co 14:34) Wives, be submissive to your own husbands
as unto the Lord.
23 (Eph 1:22-23; Col 1:18) For the husband is the head of the wife,
just as Christ is the head and Savior of the church, which is His body.
24 (Col 3:20; 3:22) But as the church submits to Christ,
so also let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 (Eph 5:28; Col 3:19) Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ
also loved the church and gave Himself for it,
26 (Ac 22:16; 1Co 6:11) that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing
of water by the word,
27 (2Co 11:2; Col 1:22; Eph 1:4) and that He might present to Himself
a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing,
but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 (Eph 5:25; 5:33) In this way men ought to love their wives as their
own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it,
just as the Lord cares for the church.
30 (1Co 6:15; Ge 2:23) For we are members of His body, of His flesh
and of His bones.
31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall be one flesh."(Ge 2:24. )
32 This is a great mystery, but I am speaking about Christ and the church.
33 (Eph 5:25) However, let each one of you love his wife as himself,
and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

[22] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
[23] For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of
the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
[24] Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to
their own husbands in every thing.
[25] Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and
gave himself for it;
[26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the
word,
[27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot,
or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without
blemish.
[28] So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth
his wife loveth himself.
[29] For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth
it, even as the Lord the church:
[30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
[31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be
joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
[32] This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
[33] Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even
as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Ephesians 6

Children and Parents

1 (Pr 6:20; 23:22) Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
2 (Ex 20:12) "Honor your father and mother," which is the first commandment
with a promise,
3 "so that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth."
4 (Ge 18:19; Dt 6:7) Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger,
but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

[1] Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
[2] Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with
promise;)
[3] That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
[4] And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up
in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Servants and Masters

5 (1Co 2:3; Eph 5:22) Servants, obey those who are your masters according
to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of your heart,
as to Christ,
6 not serving when eyes are on you, but as pleasing men as the servants
of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,
7 with good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men,
8 (Col 3:24; 3:11) knowing that whatever good thing any man does,
he will receive the same from the Lord, whether he is enslaved or free.
9 (Job 31:13-15; Jn 13:13) And masters, do the same things for them,
no longer threatening, knowing that your Master also is in heaven,
and there is no partiality with Him.

[5] Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the
flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
[6] Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ,
doing the will of God from the heart;
[7] With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:
[8] Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he
receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
[9] And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening:
knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of
persons with him.

The Battle Against Evil

10 (Eph 1:19; 1Co 16:13) Finally, my brothers, be strong in the Lord
and in the power of His might.
11 (Eph 6:13; Ro 13:12; Eph 4:14) Put on the whole armour of God that
you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
12 (Eph 1:3; 1:2) 1For our fight is not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers
of the darkness of this world, and against spiritual forces of evil
in the heavenly places.
13 (Eph 5:16) Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be
able to resist in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 (Isa 11:5; 59:17) Stand therefore, having your waist girded with truth,
having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 (Isa 52:7; Ro 10:15) having your feet fitted with the readiness
of the gospel of peace, 16and above all, taking the shield of faith,
with which you will be able to extinguish all the fiery arrows
of the evil one.
17 (Heb 4:12; Isa 49:2; 59:17) Take the helmet of salvation
and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 (Col 4:2; 1Ti 2:1; Eph 1:16) Pray in the Spirit always with all kinds
of prayer and supplication. To that end be alert with all perseverance
and supplication for all the saints.
19 (1Th 5:25; Ac 4:29) Pray for me, that the power to speak may be given
to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery
of the gospel,
20 (2Co 5:20; Ac 28:20) for which I am an ambassador in chains,
that I may speak boldly as I ought to speak.

[10] Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his
might.
[11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against
the wiles of the devil.
[12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against
spiritual wickedness in high places.
[13] Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to
withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
[14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on
the breastplate of righteousness;
[15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
[16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to
quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
[17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is
the word of God:
[18] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and
watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
[19] And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my
mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
[20] For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly,
as I ought to speak.

Final Greetings

21 (Ac 20:4; 2Ti 4:12) Now that you also may know my activities
and how I am doing, Tychicus, a beloved brother
and faithful minister in the Lord, will make everything known to you.
22 (Col 4:7-8) I have sent him to you for this very purpose,
that you might know our activities and that he might comfort your hearts.
23 (Gal 6:16; 1Pe 5:14) Peace be to the brothers, and love with faith,
from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
24 (Mt 22:37) Grace be with all those who love
our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

[21] But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved
brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all
things:
[22] Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our
affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.
[23] Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and
the Lord Jesus Christ.
[24] Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.
Amen.

Colossians 1

Salutation

1 (2Co 1:1; 1Co 1:1; Php 1:1) Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
by the will of God,and Timothy our brother,
2 (Ro 1:7; Eph 1:1) To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ who are
at Colosse:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

[1] Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our
brother,
[2] To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse:
Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thankfulness for the Colossians

3 (Eph 1:15) We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
praying always for you.
4 (Gal 5:6; Eph 1:15) For we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love
for all the saints,
5 (Ac 23:6; Eph 1:13) because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven,
of which you have already heard in the word of the truth of the gospel,
6 (Jn 15:16; Ps 98:3) which has come to you, as it has in all the world,
and brings forth fruit, as it has also in you, since the day you heard it
and knew the grace of God in truth.
7 (Col 4:12; Phm 1:23) And you also learned of Epaphras, our dear fellow
servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ for you,
8 (Ro 15:30) who also declared to us your love in the Spirit.

[3] We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying
always for you,
[4] Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye
have to all the saints,
[5] For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before
in the word of the truth of the gospel;
[6] Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth
fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the
grace of God in truth:
[7] As ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a
faithful minister of Christ;
[8] Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.

The Person and Work of Christ

9 (Eph 1:8; 5:17) For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not
cease to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge
of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
10 (Eph 4:1; 1Th 4:1) that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord,
pleasing to all, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing
in the knowledge of God,
11 (Eph 4:2; 3:16) strengthened with all might according to His glorious
power, enduring everything with perseverance and patience joyfully,
12 (Ac 20:32; 26:18) giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled us to be
partakers in the inheritance of the saints in light.
13 (Eph 6:12; 1:6) He has delivered us from the power of darkness
and has transferred us into the kingdom of His dear Son,
14 (Eph 1:7) in whom we have redemption through His blood,
the forgiveness of sins.
15 (2Co 4:4; Jn 1:18) He is the image of the invisible God and the firstborn
of every creature.
16 (Jn 1:3; Ro 11:36) For by Him all things were created that are in heaven
and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they are thrones,
or dominions, or principalities, or powers. All things were created by Him
and for Him.
17 (Jn 8:58; Heb 1:3) He is before all things,
and in Him all things hold together.
18 (Ac 26:23; Eph 1:22-23) He is the head of the body, the church.
He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that in all things
He may have the preeminence.
19 (Jn 1:16; Col 2:9) For it pleased the Father that in Him all fullness
should dwell,
20 (Eph 1:10; Ro 5:1) and to reconcile all things to Himself by Him,
having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him, I say-whether
they are things in earth, or things in heaven.
21 (Eph 2:12) And you, who were formerly alienated and enemies
in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled
22 (Ro 7:4; Eph 5:27) in the body of His flesh through death,
to present you holy and blameless and above reproach in His sight,
23 (Eph 3:17; Mk 16:15) if you continue in the faith, grounded and settled,
and are not removed from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard,
and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven,
and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

[9] For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray
for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his
will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
[10] That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful
in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
[11] Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all
patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
[12] Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers
of the inheritance of the saints in light:
[13] Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated
us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
[14] In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of
sins:
[15] Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
[16] For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in
earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or
principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
[17] And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
[18] And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the
firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
[19] For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
[20] And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to
reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in
earth, or things in heaven.
[21] And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by
wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
[22] In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and
unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
[23] If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away
from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to
every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

2) Our Daily Bread for 6 December 2022
Entitled "Great Expectations" </a>

Luke 2:25-32,36-38

25 (Lk 1:6; 2:38) Now there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon,
and this man was righteous and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel,
and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
26 (Jn 8:51; Heb 11:5) It was revealed to him by the Holy Spirit
that he would not die before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
27 (Lk 2:41; 2:48) Led by the Spirit, he came into the temple. And when
the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according
to the custom of the law,
28 (Lk 1:64) he received Him in his arms and blessed God and said:
29 (Ge 15:15; Lk 2:26) "Lord, now let Your servant depart in peace,
according to Your word;
30 (Lk 3:6; Isa 52:10) for my eyes have seen Your salvation
31 which You have prepared in the sight of all people,
32 (Isa 49:6; 9:2; 60:19) a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
and the glory of Your people Israel."

36 (Ac 21:9; Ex 15:20) And there was Anna a prophetess, a daughter of Phanuel,
of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age and had lived
with her husband seven years from her virginity.
37 (1Ti 5:5; Ac 14:23) And she was a widow of about 84 years of age
who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fasting
and prayer night and day.
38 (Lk 2:25; 1:68) Coming at that moment she gave thanks to the Lord
and spoke of Him to all those who looked for the redemption of Jerusalem.

[25] And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and
the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and
the Holy Ghost was upon him.
[26] And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see
death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
[27] And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought
in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
[28] Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
[29] Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy
word:
[30] For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
[31] Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
[32] A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

[36] And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the
tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven
years from her virginity;
[37] And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed
not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
[38] And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and
spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

On a busy day before Christmas, an aged woman approached the mail counter at
my crowded neighborhood post office. Watching her slow pace, the patient
postal clerk greeted her, "Well hello, young lady!" His words were friendly,
but some might hear them saying that "younger" is better.

The Bible inspires us to see that advanced age can motivate our hope. As the
infant Jesus is brought to the temple by Joseph and Mary, to be consecrated
(Luke 2:23; see- Exodus 13:2, 12), two elderly believers suddenly take center
stage.

First, Simeon-who-d been waiting for years to see the Messiah-
"Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy
word:
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;" (Luke 2:28-31).

Then Anna, a "very old" prophetess (v. 36), came along just as Simeon was
talking with Mary and Joseph. A widow who'd been married only seven years,
she'd lived in the temple to age eighty-four. Never leaving, she "served
God with fastings and prayers night and day". When she saw Jesus, she began
praising God, explaining about "and
spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem"
(vv. 37-38).

These two hopeful servants remind us to never stop waiting on God-no matter
our age-with great expectations.

By: Patricia Raybon

Reflect & Pray

What lessons have you learned from elderly believers about God's faithfulness?
How does their hopefulness inspire you?

Dear faithful Father, when "I lose hope,
remind" me to wait expectantly for You.

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 8 Guided by Grace Day 3 - The Promise of Completion

Philippians 1:6

6 (1Co 1:8; Jn 6:29) I am confident of this very thing,
that He who began a good work in you will perfect it
until the day of Jesus Christ.

6 being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun
a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

"Elizabeth is a good student", the note on the side of the report card read,
"but she doesn't finish what she starts. She has a lot of good ideas, but
rarely brings then to completion."
Many of us are like Elizabeth. We start into a new venture with high hopes
and great motivation. But somewhere along the way, we become discouraged.
Someone tells us that our ideas are stupid, or that we are not capable of
doing what we dream. We get a particularly difficult hurdle and give up.
Sometimes we fell the Christian like is like that, too. We start well, and
believe that in Christ we can accomplish anything. But then our prayers
become rote, our Bible reading ritual. We can't seem to regain that sense
of God's presence; we have, we conclude, "Lost our first love." (Rev 2)
But God has a different perspective. He began the work of salvation in us;
he leads and guides us in his will, and he will complete what he has begun.
Often we fail to see God's grace in the ongoing process of walking with him
because his agenda is different from ours. We know what we want to see
happen in our lives; God knows what needs to happen.
"When I fist came into a relationship with Christ," one woman explained,
"I knew I had a lot of changing to do. But, strangely enough, the things God
changed weren't on my list at all!"
When God begins his work in our lives, he has a plan for our maturity.
He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. And what God
has begun, he will finish.

Application

a) Have I ever tried to "decide" for God what problems in my life
needed dealing with?

b) Has God ever pointed out issues that were a surprise to me?

c) How can today's verse help me relax in God's will and
have confidence in the direction of my life?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Luke 12:15

15 Then He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness.
For a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's
life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are Impatient

Ps 37:3-9

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land, and practice faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the Lord,
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass.
6 He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your judgment as the noonday.
7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
do not fret because of those who prosper in their way,
because of those who make wicked schemes.
8 Let go of anger, and forsake wrath;
do not fret-it surely leads to evil deeds.
9 For evildoers will be cut off,
but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the earth.

Bet
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
So shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4 Delight thyself also in the LORD;
And he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Gimel
5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; Trust also in him;
And he shall bring it to pass.
6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
And thy judgment as the noonday.
Dalet
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:
Fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
He
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:
Fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off:
But those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2023 edition?)

The Northern Territories of Canada

Yukon

Yukon Total population (2015) 36500 Muslim (est) 69

In Whitehorse the Muslim population grew from 2 families
in 2001 to more than 60 people in 2014. Originally meeting in a church,
they now meet for prayer service in a former office space.

Pray for Muslims and believers in Whitehorse to come together,
and for Muslims to find faith in Jesus Christ.

Northwest Territories (NWT)

NWT population (2015) 43600 Muslim (est) 473

The Muslim community of Yellowknife has grown from 275 to 330 un the past year.
To replace their inadequate facility, they are planning a C$2 to C$2.5 million
Islamic Centre.

Pray that the Muslims in Yellowknife and all of the NWT will awaken to
spiritual hunger and be open to saving faith in Jesus Christ.

Nunavut (NU)

NU total population (2015) 36600 Muslim (est) 86

The Islamic Centre of Iqaluit now claim about 100 Muslims and have surpassed
80 % of their funding goal to building the first mosque in this territory.
Their stated goal is "To spread the message of Islam
in the far northern reaches of Canada."

Pray that believers in Iqaluit take up Jesus' command to love and reach
their Muslim neighbours with the Gospel.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

6th Day of the Month

a) Pray for a more effective witness by the church in every Canadian community

(
Deut 4:6-7

6 (Job 28:28; Pr 1:7 ) Therefore, keep and do them, for this is your wisdom and
your understanding in the sight of the nations which shall hear all these
statutes, and say, "Surely this great nation is a wise and
understanding people."
7 (2Sa 7:23; Ps 46:1) For what nation is there so great, who has a god so near
to it as the Lord our God is in all things whenever we call on Him?

6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and
your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these
statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and
understanding people.
7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them,
as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

Matt 5:13-16

13 (Lev 2:13; Lk 14:34-35) "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt
loses its saltiness, how shall it be made salty? It is from then on good for
nothing but to be thrown out and to be trampled underfoot by men.
14 (Jn 8:12; Pr 4:18) "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden.
15 (Mk 4:21; Lk 8:16) Neither do men light a candle and put it under a basket,
but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the house.
16 (1Pe 2:12; Mt 9:8; Jn 15:8) Let your light so shine before men that they
may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour,
wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing,
but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set
on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on
a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Acts 1:8

8 (Mt 28:19; Mk 16:15) "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes
upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and
Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:
and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem,
and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
)

b) Pray for the province of British Columbia

I) Pray for the leaders of Alberta, that God's Spirit would influence then to
act justly, serve with integrity and honour high moral standards.
( 1 Tim 2:1 - 4) 1 Therefore I exhort first of all that you make supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings for everyone, 2 (Ezr 6:10) for kings
and for all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life
in all godliness and honesty, 3 (1Ti 1:1; Lk 1:47) for this is good and
acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 (Eze 18:23; 18:32)who desires all
men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers,
intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 for kings,
and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable
life in all godliness and honesty. 3For this is good and acceptable
in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 who will have all men to be saved,
and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

II) Pray for the churches of the province, that they would be lighthouses
beaming forth the illuminating truth of God's Word.

III) Pray that the Lord would use the Finding the Hope Campaign and booklet
to turn many hearts to Jesus

Advent Day 10

From C. S. Lewis A Grand Miracle Joel Heck

"My idea of God is not a divine idea. It has to be shattered
time after time. He shatters it Himself. He is the great iconoclast.
Could we not almost say that this shattering is one of the marks of
His presence? The incarnation is the supreme example; it leaves
all previous ideas of the Messiah in ruins. And most are 'offended'
by iconoclasm; and blessed are those who are not. But the same
thing happens in our private prayers" - C.S. Lewis
(read this and more in A Grief Observed, p.78)

Immanuel the Iconoclast

When Lewis wrote these words about iconoclasm, he was going through
a very difficult period of his life. His wife Joy Davidman had died recently.
God wasn't acting the way Lewis thought he should under those circumstances.
God didn't seem to be hearing his prayers, even though he was.
Likewise, everyone in 1st Century Judaism had an idea of what the Messiah
would look like when he came. Some thought of the Messiah as a conquering
king, but only few thought of him as a suffering servant. Pilate, too,
had an idea of the kind of leader Jesus was alleged to be when he asked,
"Are you king of the Jews?" (John 18:33) . That's when Jesus, the Iconoclast,
said, "My Kingdom is not of this world"
An iconoclast breaks the mold, ignores tradition, does things very
differently. Lewis calls God "the great iconoclast" because one of the
molds that Jesus broke was the kingdom mold. Pilate thought Jesus
was a political leader. and even some of Jesus' followers thought that
he had come to drive out the Roman occupiers and bring political
freedom to Israel. But Jesus told Pilate, "My kingdom is not of this
world." Too often we think like Pilate, looking for political solutions
when we should be thinking of spiritual solutions.
What icons, images, or molds is God breaking in your life? What
expectations do you have that God does not seem to meet? Perhaps
that is his plan. It usually is.

God, give us patience to await your blessing and the faith to
believe that it is coming. Amen.

My kingdom is not of this world.
John 18:36

From Follow the Story by Marva J. Dawn

TUESDAY, SECOND WEEK OF ADVENT

The Sign

For nothing will be impossible with God.

-Luke 1:37

Perhaps Mary still had confusions and fears.
Absolutely the angel's message quite overwhelmed her.
Knowingly, Gabriel
gave her a sign to reassure her that his message was trustworthy. Her
relative Elizabeth, in spite of her old age, was also expecting a child
and was six months along. Indeed, this sign was as much a miracle
as Mary would soon sustain.

The motif of this story is true for all of us:
"Nothing will be impossible with God." This statement is true for
so many of the biblical stories; we can read about God doing
all kinds of astounding things in the Scriptures. Martin Luther
said that Mary's acceptance of God's arrangement for her
was as much a miracle as for God to produce a child in a virgin.

How have we seen that nothing is impossible with God?
What miracles have happened in our lives or in the life of someone we know?
Are we bothered by the word miracles? Or shall we name them God's wonders?

prayer

Thank you, God, for your radiant creations! Amen.

Read Luke 1:30-37.

30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found
favour with God.
31 Listen, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son
and shall call His name JESUS.
32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest.
And the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David,
33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever.
And of His kingdom there will be no end."
34 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?"
35 The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you,
and the power of the Highest will overshadow you.
Therefore the Holy One who will be born will be called the Son of God.

From The AH-Has of Advent by Rich Bimler

SECOND TUESDAY

AH-HA! Ambassadors of Health, Hope and AFFIRMATION!

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing.
so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. ROMANS 15:13

Did you know that it takes at least nine words of affirmation and
encouragement to overcome one word of criticism and hatred? How often
do you or your family or your congregation share encouraging words with
each other? when was the last time you said "Way to go!" to someone, or
gave a "You Done Good" award? Why is it that the deer and the antelope
seldom hear a discouraging word ... yet we hear them all the time?

Advent is a time for affirmation of other because we know gow life will
turn out- in the Lord! We can praise and thank and hug others because
the Lord is doing that each day to us - through his Word and sacraments,
and through others who hug and care for us. Hope in the Lord Jesus is to
know that even when there is no hope... there is hope in Chirst.

We Advent ambassadors abound in hope and affirmation because, as
St . Paul states, the Lord fills us "with all joy and peace in believing".
What a Christmas gift the Lord gives to us each day! And we do not even have
to wrap it before we give it to others!

Affirmation (aka, hope) means Hooray Opportunities Proclaiming Easter!
And why wait until Easter, or even Christmas for that matter?
Let us see how we can bring hope and affirmation to the people around us, right
now! The AH-HA of affirmation is contagious. Let's pray for an epidemic!

Lord, bring hope to us today so that we can bring hope to others in this
often hopeless world. We are firm in our faith in you. Help us
to be firm as we share love and hope with others, right now.

In Jesus' name. Amen ... and AH-HA!

Romans 15:7-13

The Gospel for Jews and Gentiles Alike

7 Therefore welcome one another, just as Christ also welcomed us, for the
glory of God.
8 (Mt 15:24; 2Co 1:20) Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to
the circumcised on behalf of the truth of God, to confirm the promises made
to the patriarchs,
9 (2Sa 22:50; Ps 18:49) and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His
mercy, as it is written:
“For this reason I will acknowledge You among the Gentiles,
and I will sing praises to Your name."(Ps 18:49.)
10 (Dt 32:43) He also says:
"Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people!"(Dt 32:43.)
11 (Ps 117:1) And again:
"Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles;
let all the peoples praise Him." (Ps 117:1.)
12 (Isa 11:10; Mt 12:21) And again Isaiah says:
"There shall be a root of Jesse;
He who shall rise to reign over the Gentiles,
in Him shall the Gentiles hope." (Isa 11:10.)
13 (Ro 14:17; 12:12) Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
in believing, so that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy
Spirit.

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to understand the Lord's design for the family
and church and to out n His armour to fight the enemy of your soul.

Pray to the Lord: "Dear faithful Father, when lose hope,
remind me to wait expectantly for You."

Pray to the Lord and pray to remember the work He does in you.

Pray to the Lord and pray never to be envious.

Pray to the Lord and pray to be slow to anger!

Pray for Muslims and believers in Whitehorse and the Yukon to come together,
and for Muslims to find faith in Jesus Christ.

Pray for Muslims and believers in Yellowknife to come together,
and for Muslims to find faith in Jesus Christ.

Pray that believers in Iqaluit take up Jesus' command to love and reach
their Muslim neighbours with the Gospel.

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -
Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

Pray for a more effective witness by the church in every Canadian community

Pray God, give us patience to await your blessing and the faith to
believe that it is coming. Amen.

Pray: Thank you, God, for your radiant creations! Amen

Pray: Lord, we pray today:" O come, O Rod of Jesse's stem, from every foe
deliver them that trust your mighty power to save. Bring them it victory
through the grave. Rejoice, rejoice, Emmanuel shall come to you. O Israel!"
In Jesus' name. Amen ... alleluia ... and AH-HA!

Pray that communty leaders in the Philippines will welcome Christian
ministry workers to their villages.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com