Re: Day 341 of my Second Bible Study Journey, 11th day of Advent

The Doctor

Dec 7, 2022, 6:44:31 PM12/7/22
In article <tmr8d2$2ek4$3...@gallifrey.nk.ca,
The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:
Day 341, 7 December 2022

1) Colossians 1:24-29, 2 ,3 , 4

Colossians 1

Paul's Ministry to the Church

24 (2Ti 1:8; 2Co 7:4) Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake
and fill up in my flesh that which is lacking in the afflictions of Christ,
for the sake of His body, which is the church.
25 (Eph 3:2; Col 1:23) I have been made a servant of it according
to the commission of God, which has been given to me for you,
to fulfill the word of God,
26 (Ro 16:25-26) even the mystery which has been hidden from past ages
and generations, but now is revealed to His saints.
27 (1Ti 1:1; Ro 8:10) To them God would make known what is the glorious
riches of this mystery among the nations. It is Christ in you,
the hope of glory,
28 (1Co 2:6; Col 1:22) whom we preach, warning everyone and teaching everyone
in all wisdom, so that we may present them perfect in Christ Jesus.
29 (1Co 15:10; Eph 1:19) In this I labor, striving according to His power,
which effectively works in me.

[24] Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is
behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which
is the church:
[25] Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God
which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
[26] Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
but now is made manifest to his saints:
[27] To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this
mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
[28] Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all
wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
[29] Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which
worketh in me mightily.

Colossians 2

1 (Col 1:29; Rev 1:11) I would like you to know what a great struggle
I am having for you, and for those at Laodicea,
and for everyone who has not seen my face in the flesh,
2 (Col 4:8; Ro 16:25) that their hearts may be comforted, being knit together
in love, and receive all the riches and assurance of full understanding,
and knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
3 (Ro 11:33; 1Co 1:24) in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom
and knowledge.
4 (Eph 5:6) Now this I say lest anyone beguile you with enticing words.
5 (1Co 14:40; 1Pe 5:9) For though I am absent in the flesh,
yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing and seeing your orderliness
and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.

[1] For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for
them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
[2] That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and
unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the
acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
[3] In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
[4] And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
[5] For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit,
joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in
Christ.

Fullness of Life in Christ

6 (Col 1:10; 1Th 4:1) As you have received Christ Jesus the Lord,
so walk in Him,
7 (Eph 3:17; 2:20-22) rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith,
as you have been taught, and abounding with thanksgiving.
8 (1Ti 6:20; Gal 4:3) Beware lest anyone captivate you through philosophy
and vain deceit, in the tradition of men and the elementary principles
of the world, and not after Christ.
9 (Col 1:19; Jn 1:14) For in Him lives all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And you are complete in Him, who is the head of all authority and power.
11 (Ro 2:29; 6:6) In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision
made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh,
by the circumcision of Christ,
12 (Ac 2:24; Ro 4:24) buried with Him in baptism, in which also you were
raised with Him through the faith of the power of God, who has raised Him
from the dead.
13 (Eph 2:1; Jas 2:26) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision
of your flesh, He has resurrected together with Him, having forgiven you all
sins.
14 (Ac 3:19; Col 2:20) He blotted out the handwriting of ordinances that was
against us and contrary to us, and He took it out of the way, nailing it to
the cross.
15 (Eph 4:8; Lk 10:18) And having disarmed authorities and powers,
He made a show of them openly, triumphing over them by the cross.
16 (Heb 9:10; 1Ch 23:31) Therefore let no one judge you regarding food,
or drink, or in respect of a holy day or new moon or sabbath days.
17 (Heb 8:5; 10:1) These are shadows of things to come, but the substance
belongs to Christ.
18 (Col 2:23; 2:8) Do not let anyone cheat you of your reward by delighting
in false humility and the worship of angels, dwelling on those things which
he has not seen, vainly arrogant due to his unspiritual mind,
19 (Eph 4:15-16) and not supporting the head, from which the entire body,
nourished and knit together by joints and sinews, grows as God gives
the increase.

[6] As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
[7] Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been
taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
[8] Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after
the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after
Christ.
[9] For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
[10] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and
power:
[11] In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without
hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision
of Christ:
[12] Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through
the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
[13] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh,
hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
[14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which
was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them
openly, triumphing over them in it.
[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of
an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
[18] Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and
worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen,
vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
[19] And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands
having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the
increase of God.

The New Life in Christ

20 (Col 2:8; 2:14) Therefore, if you died with Christ to the elementary
principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world,
do you subject yourself to legalistic rules?
21 (1Ti 4:3) "Do not touch! Do not taste! Do not handle!"
22 (Isa 29:13; 1Co 6:13) These all are to perish with use and are aligned
with the commandments and doctrines of men.
23 (Col 2:18; 1Ti 4:8) These things have indeed a show of wisdom in
self-imposed worship and humility and neglecting of the body,
but are worthless against the indulgence of the flesh.

[20] Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world,
why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
[21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
[22] Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and
doctrines of men?
[23] Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and
humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of
the flesh.

Colossians 3

1 (Ps 110:1; Mk 16:19) If you then were raised with Christ, desire those
things which are above, where Christ sits at the right hand of God.
2 (Mt 16:23) Set your affection on things above, not on things on earth.
3 (Ro 6:2; Col 2:20) For you are dead,
and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4 (1Jn 3:2; Jn 11:25) When Christ who is our life shall appear, then you also
shall appear with Him in glory.
5 (Ro 8:13; 1Co 6:18) Therefore put to death the parts of your earthly nature:
sexual immorality, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil desire,
and covetousness, which is idolatry.
6 (Ro 1:18; Eph 5:6) Because of these things, the wrath of God comes
on the sons of disobedience.
7 (Eph 2:2) You also once walked in these, when you lived in them.
8 (Eph 4:22; 4:29) But now you must also put away all these: anger, wrath,
malice, blasphemy, and filthy language out of your mouth.
9 (Eph 4:22; 4:25) Do not lie one to another, since you have put off
the old nature with its deeds,
10 (Eph 2:10; 4:23-24; Ro 12:2) and have embraced the new nature,
which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him who created it,
11 (Ro 10:12; Eph 1:23) where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor
uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free,
but Christ is all and in all.
12 (Eph 4:2; Lk 1:78) So embrace, as the elect of God, holy and beloved,
a spirit of mercy, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, and longsuffering.
13 (Eph 4:32; Mk 11:25; Eph 4:2) Bear with one another and forgive one
another. If anyone has a quarrel against anyone, even as Christ forgave you,
so you must do.
14 (Eph 4:3; 1Co 13:1-13) And above all these things, embrace love,
which is the bond of perfection.
15 (Jn 14:27; Eph 5:20) Let the peace of God, to which also you are called
in one body, rule in your hearts. And be thankful.
16 (Eph 5:19; Col 1:28; Ro 10:17) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns
and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17 (1Co 10:31; Eph 5:20) And whatever you do in word or deed,
do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father
through Him.

[1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above,
where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
[4] When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear
with him in glory.
[5] Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication,
uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness,
which is idolatry:
[6] For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of
disobedience:
[7] In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
[8] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy,
filthy communication out of your mouth.
[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his
deeds;
[10] And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the
image of him that created him:
[11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision,
Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
[12] Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of
mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
[13] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a
quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
[14] And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of
perfectness.
[15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are
called in one body; and be ye thankful.
[16] Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and
admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing
with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
[17] And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord
Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Social Duties of the New Life

18 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands,
as it is fitting in the Lord.
19 (Eph 5:25; 1Pe 3:7) Husbands, love your wives,
and do not be bitter toward them.
20 (Ex 20:12; Eph 5:24) Children, obey your parents in all things,
for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
21 (Eph 6:4) Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger,
lest they be discouraged.
22 (Col 3:20) Servants, obey your masters in all things according
to the flesh, serving not only when they are watching, as the servants
of men, but in singleness of heart, fearing God.
23 (Col 3:17) And whatever you do, do it heartily,
as for the Lord and not for men,
24 (1Co 7:22; Eph 6:8) knowing that from the Lord you will receive
the reward of the inheritance. For you serve the Lord Christ.
25 (Ac 10:34; Dt 10:17) But he who does wrong will receive
for the wrong which he has done, and there is no partiality.

[18] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the
Lord.
[19] Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
[20] Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing
unto the Lord.
[21] Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
[22] Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not
with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
[23] And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
[24] Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the
inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
[25] But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done:
and there is no respect of persons.

Colossians 4

1 Masters, give to your servants that which is just and fair,
knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

[1] Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing
that ye also have a Master in heaven.

Exhortations

2 (Lk 18:1; Eph 6:18) Continue in prayer, and be watchful with thanksgiving,
3 (Eph 6:19-20; Ac 14:27) while praying also for us, that God would open
to us a door of utterance to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am
also in chains,
4 (Eph 6:20) that I may reveal it clearly, as I ought to speak.
5 (Mk 4:11; Eph 5:15-17) Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside,
wisely using the opportunity.
6 (Mk 9:50; 1Pe 3:15) Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned
with salt, that you may know how you should answer everyone.

[2] Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
[3] Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of
utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
[4] That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
[5] Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
[6] Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may
know how ye ought to answer every man.

Final Greetings

7 (Ac 20:4; Col 4:9) Tychicus, who is a beloved brother and a faithful
minister and fellow servant in the Lord, will tell you all the news about me.
8 (Eph 6:22; Col 2:2) I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that he
might know your circumstances and comfort your hearts,
9 with Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you.
They will make known to you everything which is happening here.
10 (Ac 19:29; 27:2) Aristarchus my fellow prisoner greets you, with Mark,
the cousin of Barnabas (concerning whom you received instructions:
If he comes to you, receive him),
11 (Ac 11:2) and Jesus, who is called Justus. These are my only fellow
workers for the kingdom of God who are of the circumcision.
They have been a comfort to me.
12 (Ro 15:30; Col 1:7) Epaphras greets you. He is one of you, a servant
of Christ, always laboring fervently for you in prayers, that you may
stand mature and complete in the entire will of God.
13 (Col 2:1) I bear witness of him, that he has a great zeal for you,
those who are in Laodicea, and those in Hierapolis.
14 (Phm 1:24; 2Ti 4:10-11) Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas greet you.
15 (Ro 16:5) Greet the brothers who are in Laodicea, and Nympha,
and the church which is in his house.
16 (1Th 5:27; 2Th 3:14) When this epistle is read among you, ensure that it is
read also in the church of the Laodiceans, and that you, likewise,
read the epistle from Laodicea.
17 (Phm 1:2) Tell Archippus, "Make sure that you fulfill the ministry
which you have received in the Lord."
18 (1Co 16:21; 1Ti 6:21) I, Paul, write this greeting with my own hand.
Remember my chains. Grace be with you. Amen.

[7] All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother,
and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord:
[8] Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your
estate, and comfort your hearts;
[9] With Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They
shall make known unto you all things which are done here.
[10] Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to
Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you,
receive him;)
[11] And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These
only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort
unto me.
[12] Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always
labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and
complete in all the will of God.
[13] For I bear him record, that he hath a great zeal for you, and them that
are in Laodicea, and them in Hierapolis.
[14] Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.
[15] Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church
which is in his house.
[16] And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in
the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from
Laodicea.
[17] And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast
received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.
[18] The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with
you. Amen.

2) Our Daily Bread for 7 December 2022
Entitled "God's Sure Pursuit" </a>

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters.
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) He restores my soul;
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:)8 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup runs over.
6 (2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Some years ago, a man walked about a block ahead of me. I could clearly see
that his arms were full of packages. All of a sudden, he tripped, dropping
everything. A couple of people helped him to his feet, assisting him in
collecting what he'd dropped. But they missed something-his wallet. I picked
it up and took off in hot pursuit of the stranger, hoping to return that
important item. I yelled "Sir, sir!" and finally got his attention. He turned
just as I reached him. As I held out the wallet, I'll never forget his look
of surprised relief and immense gratitude.

What began as following after that man turned into something quite different.
Most English translations use the word follow in the final verse of the
familiar Psalm 23-"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me" (v. 6). And
while "follow" fits, the actual Hebrew word used is more forceful,
aggressive even. The word literally means "to pursue or chase," much like
a predator pursues his prey (think of a wolf pursuing sheep).

God's goodness and love don't merely follow along after us at a casual pace,
in no real hurry, like a pet might leisurely follow you home. No, "surely"
we are being pursued-chased even-with intention. Much like pursuing a man
to return his wallet, we're pursued by the Good Shepherd who loves us
with an everlasting love (vv. 1, 6).

By: John Blase

Reflect & Pray

Do you believe God's goodness is actually pursuing you?
If not, why not, since Scripture includes the word surely?

Good Shepherd, thank You that Your goodness and love pursue me always.

For further study, read
The Lord Is My Shepherd: Rest and Renewal from Psalm 23.</a>

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 8 Guided by Grace Day 4 - Send for Help !

James 1:5

5 (Pr 2:3-6; Jn 15:7) If any of you lacks wisdom,
let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally
and without criticism, and it will be given to him.

5 If any of you lack wisdom,
let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally,
and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

A new employee in an electronics plant had the responsibility
for overseeing one machine. The machine worked fine when the young man
came on duty, but soon it began to run a bit rough. The employee
tinkered with the machine, trying to "fix" it, until finally if stopped
working altogether
In fear and trembling the worker sent for the foreman, and stammered,
"I - I, well, sir, I did my best to fix it."
"Son", the foreman thundered, "you need to know only one thing. Around
here, doing you best means sending for me!"
Wisdom, James 1:5 says, has its source in God alone. And if we are
to attain wisdom, we need to learn doing our best means sending for God.
Often we spend time tinkering with our lives or the the lives of others.
We don't think to as God for his wisdom in the decisions we must take;
instead, we use our human reasoning and take our best guess.
But the path to wisdom does not lie in guesswork. The scriptures
give us clear indication of God's direction for his people, and through Bible
study, application, prayer, and meditation,
we can understand what God wants to reveal to us.
"If any of you lacks wisdom," James says, "he should ask God, who gives
generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."
The first step to attaining wisdom is recognising that we are not wise.
The second step is to ask. And God, who is faithful to his Word
and His people, will respond.

Application

a) Under what circumstances have I tinkered with my life,
making it worse rather then fixing it?

b) What practical steps can I take to ask God for wisdom?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Luke 12:21

21 "So is he who stores up treasure for himself,
and is not rich toward God."

21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself,
and is not rich toward God.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are Impatient

James 5:7-11

Patience and Prayer

7 Therefore be patient, brothers, until the coming of the Lord.
Notice how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth
and is patient with it until he receives the early and late rain.
8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts,
for the coming of the Lord is drawing near.
9 Do not grumble against one another, brothers, lest you be condemned.
Look, the Judge is standing at the door.
10 My brothers, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord,
as an example of suffering and patience.
11 Indeed we count them happy who endure.
You have heard of the patience of Job
and have seen the purpose of the Lord,
that the Lord is very gracious and merciful.

7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold,
the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long
patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord
draweth nigh.
9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned:
behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord,
for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience
of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful,
and of tender mercy.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2023 edition?)

The Northern Territories of Canada

Yukon

Yukon Total population (2015) 36500 Muslim (est) 69

In Whitehorse the Muslim population grew from 2 families
in 2001 to more than 60 people in 2014. Originally meeting in a church,
they now meet for prayer service in a former office space.

Pray for Muslims and believers in Whitehorse to come together,
and for Muslims to find faith in Jesus Christ.

Northwest Territories (NWT)

NWT population (2015) 43600 Muslim (est) 473

The Muslim community of Yellowknife has grown from 275 to 330 un the past year.
To replace their inadequate facility, they are planning a C$2 to C$2.5 million
Islamic Centre.

Pray that the Muslims in Yellowknife and all of the NWT will awaken to
spiritual hunger and be open to saving faith in Jesus Christ.

Nunavut (NU)

NU total population (2015) 36600 Muslim (est) 86

The Islamic Centre of Iqaluit now claim about 100 Muslims and have surpassed
80 % of their funding goal to building the first mosque in this territory.
Their stated goal is "To spread the message of Islam
in the far northern reaches of Canada."

Pray that believers in Iqaluit take up Jesus' command to love and reach
their Muslim neighbours with the Gospel.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...)

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

7th Day of the Month

a) Pray that the Lord will be close to the brokenhearted in our society
and be their help

(
Ps 34:18 - The Lord is near to the broken-hearted,
and saves the contrite of spirit.

18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;
And saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Ps 145: 14 - 16

14 The Lord upholds all who fall,
and raises up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all wait upon You,
and You give them their food in due season.
16 You open Your hand
and satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Samek
14 The LORD upholdeth all that fall,
And raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
ע Ain
15 The eyes of all wait upon thee;
And thou givest them their meat in due season.
פ Pe
16 Thou openest thine hand,
And satisfiest the desire of every living thing.

)

b) Pray for the staff and volunteers that serve in local churches in your
city or community, that the Lord will anoint them for effective service.
(

Romans 12:4-8

4 (1Co 12:12-14)For just as we have many parts in one body,
and not all parts have the same function,
5(1Co 10:17; 12:20)so we, being many, are one body in Christ,
and all are parts of one another.
6(Ac 13:1; 1Co 13:2)We have diverse gifts according to the grace that
is given to us: if prophecy, according to the proportion of faith;
7 (Ac 13:1; Eph 4:11)if service, in serving; he who teaches, in teaching;
8 (2Co 9:7; 1Co 12:28) he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with
generosity; he who rules, with diligence;
he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

4 For as we have many members in one body,
and all members have not the same office:
5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ,
and every one members one of another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that
is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according
to the proportion of faith;
7 or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth,
on teaching;
8 or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let
him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence;
he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Col 3:17

17(1Co 10:31; Eph 5:20)And whatever you do in word or deed,
do all in the name
of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name
of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

)

Advent Day 11

From C.S. Lewis A Grand Miracle by Joel Heck

"We cannot conceive how the Divine Spirit dwelled
within the created and human spirit of Jesus....
What we can understand... is that our own... existence is...
but a faint image of the Divine Incarnation itself
- the same theme in a very minor key."

- C. S. Lewis

(Read this and more in Miracles, p. 147.)

Like Father, Like Son

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." We've read those words from
John's Gospel earlier in these devotions. Jesus came from the Father. Jesus
came to do the will of the Father. The Father knows him, and he knows the
Father. He and the Father are one. He will return to the Father. Truly, like
Father, like Son.

Have you ever wondered why the image of a newborn baby, lying in a manger,
tugs at our hearts? Some of us love that image because we are parents, and we
recall those early days of parentage. But there is far more to this picture.
Part of God came to us and has been with us since the original creation, when
God made us in his image. And, as Lewis writes, in us and in our children
there is "a faint image of the Divine Incarnation itself." The image may be
faint, "the same theme in a very minor key," but it's there.

And then, Jesus comes to live in us as we believe in him. Paul says it this
way: "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col. 1:27). He is there in us, in
the image of God, and he is there in us by faith when we believe, making us
like him.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for making us in your image, for showing us the
Father, for living in us and for making us like you. Amen.

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. - John 14:9

From follow the story by Marva J. Dawn

WEDNESDAY, SECOND WEEK OF ADVENT

Receptivity

Mary said, "I am the servant of the Lord. ..."

-Luke 1:38a

As was said in yesterday's meditation, Mary's consent was as striking a
wonder as other great works of God. That she was willing to go through
the gossip-causing pregnancy and the cruel agony of being the Christ's
mother was truly phenomenal. How highly we should honor her!

Mary also is a notable model for us. She was thoroughly obedient to
whatever God had in mind for her as she responded, "Let it be with me
according to your word."

Are we as willing to acquiesce in whatever God knows is best for us (in eternal
perspective) and most conducive for his purposes for the world?
I must confess that I don't receive all God's intentions for me with alacrity
or fervor. Some events in our lives probably seem too arduous
for us. I'm not saying that the evil forces don't cause us handicaps,
trials and much unpleasantness, but God has promised that all things
will work together (eventually) for good.
Can we encounter whatever God allows with thanksgiving?

Prayer

God Almighty, may we willingly endorse, as Mary did, your
outline for our lives. Amen.

Read Luke 1:26-38.

26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God
to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph,
of the house of David. And the virgin's name was Mary.
28 The angel came to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favoured.
The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women."
29 When she saw him, she was troubled by his words, and considered
in her mind what kind of greeting this might be.
30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found
favour with God.
31 Listen, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son
and shall call His name JESUS.
32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest.
And the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David,
33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever.
And of His kingdom there will be no end."
34 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a an?"
35 The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you,
and the power of the Highest will overshadow you.
Therefore the Holy One who will be born will be called the Son of God.
36 Listen, your cousin Elizabeth has also conceived a son in her old age.
And this is the sixth month with her who was declared barren.
37 For with God nothing will be impossible."
38 Mary said, "I am the servant of the Lord. May it be unto me according
to your word." Then the angel departed from her.

From The Ah-Has of Advent by Rich Bimler

SECOND WEDNESDAY
AH-HA! Ambassadors of Health, Hope and ANNOUNCEMENTS!

1 (Mt 11:11; 16:14) In those days John the Baptist came, preaching
in the wilderness of Judea,
2 (Mt 4:17; Da 2:44; Mt 6:10) and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven
is at hand." MATTHEW 3:1-2

Today's Gospel lesson announces to us that John the Baptist was one of
the best "announcers" of all time . . . even better than Ed McMahon or Ryan
Seacrest! He captured people's attention( wouldn't anyone wearing camel's
hair and eating locusts?). he knew his "product,' he was proud to be a
spokesperson, and he articulated his "mission statement" quite well:
"Repent for the kingdom of heaven is near... prepare the way of the Lord!"

And so it is with us AH-Ha people of Advent! We are announcers for
the Lord in all that we do, say and think. John's mission was to introduce
Christ and point people to the Lord. So is ours. How are we doing?

A little girl was playing the role of the head angel in the Christmas pageant
She took control, as head angels do, and made sure all the junior angels
stayed in their places. But all the energy arid excitement were too much
for them as they scurried in front of the manger scene. blocking out Mary,
Joseph and even Baby Jesus. It became too much for the head angel to
handle and she shouted to the overly eager angels, "Get out of the ways
Nobody can see Jesus"!

Sometimes l block people from seeing Jesus also. l get caught up in
telling my story, and I fail to tell his story.
Sometimes I do not take the time to
introduce people to the Lord. Sometimes my winging it doesn't help either.

And yet, the Lord continues to woo us all back to being announcers of
his story of love and forgiveness. What an announcement--from the Lord
himself! Enjoy being an AH-HA of Advent as we announce that Christ is
coming, is here now and will come again. But ... maybe drop the locust idea!

Lord, forgive us when we do not allow Jesus to be seen through what
we say and do. Forgive us when our story is not your story. Thanks for
continuing to cal us as your announcers of the best story of all--a baby
called Jesus ... in a manger ... foe us! In Jesus' name. Amen ... and AH-HA!

Read Matthew 3:1-12

Matthew 3

The Preaching of John the Baptist

Mk 1:1-8; Lk 3:1-9, 15-17; Jn 1:19-28

1 (Mt 11:11; 16:14) In those days John the Baptist came, preaching
in the wilderness of Judea,
2 (Mt 4:17; Da 2:44; Mt 6:10) and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven
is at hand."
3 (Isa 40:3; Lk 1:76) For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah,
saying:
"The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
'Prepare the way of the Lord;
make His paths straight.' " [Isa 40:3].
4 (Lev 11:22; 2Ki 1:8) This same John had clothing made of camel's hair,
a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey.
5 (Mk 1:5) Then Jerusalem, and all Judea, and all the region
around the Jordan went out to him,
6 (Ac 19:18; Mt 3:11) and were baptized by him in the Jordan,
confessing their sins.
7 (Mt 12:34; 23:33) But when he saw many of the Pharisees
and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said to them,
"O generation of vipers, who has warned you to escape from the wrath to ome?
8 (Ac 26:20; Jer 36:3) Therefore, bear fruit worthy of repentance,
9 (Lk 3:8; 16:24) and do not think to say within yourselves,
'We have Abraham as our father,' for I say to you that God is able
from these stones to raise up children for Abraham.
10 (Mt 7:19; Jn 15:2) Even now the axe is put to the tree roots.
Therefore, every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down
and thrown into the fire.
11 (Ac 1:5; Lk 3:16; Isa 4:4) "I indeed baptize you with water to repentance,
but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy
to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
12 (Mal 4:1; Mt 13:30) His fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly
clean His floor and gather His wheat into the granary,
but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to obtain the fullness of Christ.

Pray to the Lord: "Good Shepherd, thank You that Your goodness and love
pursue me always."

Pray to the Lord and pray to seek His Wisdom.

Pray to the Lord and pray be to lay treasure in Heaven.

Pray to the Lord and pray to be patient!

Pray for Muslims and believers in Whitehorse and the Yukon to come together,
and for Muslims to find faith in Jesus Christ.

Pray for Muslims and believers in Yellowknife to come together,
and for Muslims to find faith in Jesus Christ.

Pray that believers in Iqaluit take up Jesus' command to love and reach
their Muslim neighbours with the Gospel.

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -
Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

Pray that the Lord will be close to the brokenhearted in our society
and be their help

Pray for the staff and volunteers that serve in local churches in your
city or community, that the Lord will anoint them for effective service.

Pray Thank you, Lord Jesus, for making us in your image, for showing us
the Father, for living in us and for making us like you. Amen.

Pray: God Almighty, may we willingly endorse, as Mary did, your
outline for our lives. Amen.

Pray: Lord, we pray today:"Lord, forgive us when we do not allow
Jesus to be seen through what
we say and do. Forgive us when our story is not your story. Thanks for
continuing to cal us as your announcers of the best story of all--a baby
called Jesus ... in a manger ... foe us! In Jesus' name. Amen ... and AH-HA!"

Pray for the Vietnamese families of believers who are currently
imprisoned because of their faith.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com