Touching Jesus by faith

1 view

Rich

Oct 4, 2022, 3:10:09 AM10/4/22
Touching Jesus by faith

"Consider the text 'And all flesh shall see the salvation of God'
(Luke 3:6). There is no difficulty at all in taking this to mean 'And
all flesh shall see the Christ of God.' After all, Christ was seen in
the body and will be seen in the body when he comes again to judge the
living and the dead. Scripture has many texts showing that he is the
'salvation of God,' particularly the words of the venerable old man,
Simeon, who took the child in his arms and said, 'Now let your servant
go in peace, O Lord, according to your word, because my eyes have seen
your salvation' (Luke 2:29-30)."
--St. Augustine--(excerpt from CITY OF GOD 22.29)

<<>><<>><<>>
4 October – Saint Ammon the Great

(c 286-c 348)
Layman, Married, Hermit, Ascetic, Founder of one of the most
celebrated monastic communities in Egypt. Born in cc286 in Mariotis,
Egypt and died in c 348 in Scetis, Egypt of natural causes. He was one
of the most venerated ascetics of the Nitrian Desert and Saint
Athanasius mentions him in his life of Saint Anthony. Also known as –
Amon the Anchorite/Hermit, Ammonius, Amun, Ammon of Egypt.

Pushed into marriage by his family at the age of 20, he managed to
persuade his bride to take a vow of chastity together with him by the
authority of St. Paul’s Epistle to the Corinthians. They lived
together this way for 18 years, when at her wish, they parted, and he
retired to Scetis and Mount Nitria, to the south of Lake Mareotis,
where he lived for 22 years, visiting his sister-wife twice a year.
She had founded a convent in her own house.

He co-operated with St Anthony and gathered his Monks under his direct
supervision, thus forming a Monastery from individual hermits.
Traditionally, he is believed to have been the first hermit to have
established a Monastery, known as Kellia, near Nitria. This is by no
means verifiable but it is more certain that Ammon’s piety and fame
drew others to the region. He died at the age of 62 years.

He died before St Anthony of the Desert, from whom there is an epistle
to him. that is, before the year 365, for the latter asserted that he
“saw the soul of Ammon borne by angels to heaven” and as St
Athanasius’ history of St Antony preserves the order of time, he died
perhaps about 348. There are generally 17 or 19 Rules of Asceticism
ascribed to him – the Greek original exists in manuscript; they were
published in the Latin version of Gerardus Vossius. Twenty-two Ascetic
Institutions of the same Ammon, exist also in manuscript. A collection
of his letters remains extant.

https://anastpaul.com/2021/10/04/

“Alms are an inheritance
and a justice
which is due to the poor
and which Jesus
has levied upon us.”

“Start by doing what is necessary,
then what is possible
and suddenly, you are doing the impossible!”

“He who works with his hands,
is a labourer.
He who works with his hands and his head,
is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands
and his head and his heart,
is an artist.”
--St Francis of Assisi (c 1181–1226)

“For it is in giving that we receive.”
--St Francis of Assisi (c 1181–1226)

Bible Quote
"But you, my dear friends, must build yourselves up on the foundation
of your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.." Jude verse 20

<><><><>
Prayer for Daily Neglects

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
with all its Love, all its sufferings and all its merits.

1st--To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life.
Glory be to the Father …!

2nd --To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life.
Glory be to the Father …!

3rd --To supply for the good I ought to have done and that I have
neglected this day and during all my life.
Glory be to the Father …