The Church / The Kingdom

1 view

oldwetdog

May 30, 2006, 2:03:41 PM5/30/06

The Church / The Kingdom

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here,
which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man
coming in his kingdom.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing
here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom
of God.

This Prophecy by Christ was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost, AD
33. Acts 1-2:41.

On that day, the day of Pentecost, the Kingdom of God as
prophesied by Jesus, "came in power."

As God had said long ago, "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and
with the house of Judah." Jer 31:31.

The New Covenant which was sprinkled with Christ's blood was,
therefore, made with the same twelve tribes as the first -- the
house of Israel and the house of Judah. The Kingdom which came
with power was not a different kingdom existing separately from
and concurrent to the first. There was only, and is only, one
Kingdom of God.

On that day, the day of Pentecost, the Kingdom of God as
prophesied by Jesus, "came in power" to the blood descendants of
Abraham, the same people, in fact, who had received the first
covenant. On this day, they, the members of and inhabitants of
that kingdom became members of and inhabitants of the same
Kingdom now under the New Covenant.

The use of the word "church" as if it is an entity other than or
separate to the kingdom of Israel is an error which is based on
misinterpretation, and produces confusion on which false doctrine
is based.

On that day, the day of Pentecost, the Kingdom of God as
prophesied by Jesus, "came in power" to the Jews; and on that
day, and for some time after, was not open to the Gentiles.

Gentiles were not admitted to the Ecclesia ("Church") until Acts
10:11. Thereafter, the Kingdom, or Ecclesia, contained both Jews
and Gentiles, and the letters of the NT confirm that "the Church"
is the Kingdom of God, the house of Israel and Judah, ruled by
Christ.

"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the
twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren,
count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations..." James
1:1-2. James wrote to both Jew and Gentile members of the
Ecclesia, God's Kingdom, and called them brethren, "brothers."

Throughout the NT the names, titles and descriptions of "the
brethren" are used synonymously with the names, titles and
descriptions of the Ecclesia, "Church," "Church of God," and
"Church of Christ." These are One Body, One People, One Kingdom;
the Kingdom of God.

Then James said, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of
truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures."
(1:18) He is addressing the Members of the Body of Christ, the
Kingdom of God, the Ecclesia, the First Century Saints, which
contained both Jew and Gentile, and James calls them His
"Firstfruits." The Firstfruits are the Church. Rev 14:1-5.

As demonstrated by James, the twelve tribes are the Church, and
the brethren are members of the Kingdom of God. James 1:1-2, 18.
Therefore, the twelve tribes in Revelation Seven are the Church,
and the Brothers of those seen under the alter in Chapter Six are
The Church.

Likewise, throughout the NT the brotherhood of the Ecclesia are
called and addressed as The Saints, therefore the Camp of the
Saints in Revelation Chapter Twenty is The Church.

owd

http://www.xprt.net/~servitum/
-----
For in much wisdom is much grief: And he that increaseth
knowledge increaseth sorrow. Solomon
.