THE CHURCH IN THE LAST DAYS

oldwetdog

May 30, 2006, 3:35:15 PM5/30/06
THE CHURCH IN THE LAST DAYS

Or

The Church In The Book of Revelation

It has been said "the rapture" is proved by the fact the Church
is not spoken of past the Fourth Chapter of the Book of
Revelation. Is this correct? Is there no mention of the Church in
the Sixth, Seventh or Twentieth Chapters?

In order to answer that question we must examine the Scripture
and define four terms.

1. What is the Church?

2. Who is in the Church?

3. What are the names of the Church?

4. What are the names of its members?

A. The term Church (Ecclesia) means Assembly, Congregation. The
Church is the People of God who gather in His name. The Church is
the House of Israel and Judah with whom God made His New
Covenant, and which came with power on the Day of Pentecost, AD
33. Jere 31:31, Acts 2:38-40.

B. The Faithful Children of Abraham (by blood or adoption) are
the Congregation, Assembly, Church of God. The Strangers (Exiles)
are the Church. The saved are added to, or are "in," the Church.
1 Peter 1:1, Col. 1:1-18. Acts 2:38-47. The "Twelve Tribes" are
the Church. James 1:1-2.

C. Following is a list of the Names of the Church.

The Assembly of the Saints, Ps 89:7.

The Assembly of the upright, Ps. 111:1.

The Body of Christ. Rom. 12:5, Eph. 1:23.

The Branch, Isa. 60:21, Rom. 11:17-21.

The Bride, Rev. 21:9.

The Church of The First Born, Heb. 12:27.

The Church of God, Acts 20:28.

The Family in heaven, Eph. 3:14-15.

God's Flock, Isa. 40:11, Acts 20:28.

General Assembly, Heb. 12:23.

God's Building, 1 Cor. 3:9.

God's Husbandry, 1 Cor. 3:9.

The Habitation of God, Eph. 2:22.

The Holy City, Rev. 21:2.

The Israel of God, Gal. 6:16.

Household of God, Eph. 2:9.

The Lamb's Wife, Rev. 19:7.

Pillar and Ground of Truth, 1 Tim. 3:15.

A Spiritual House, 1 Peter 2:5.

Saints, Rom. 1:7, Col. 1:2.

Temple of God, 1 Cor. 3:16.

The Twelve Tribes, James 1:1, Eze. 48:5-6.

Saints and Faithful Brethren, Col. 1:2

God's Beloved, Romans 1:7

D. Following is a list of Names of the members of the Church.

Saints, Rom. 1:7, Acts 9:13.

Believers, Acts 5:14.

Beloved Brethren, 1 Cor. 15:58.

Spiritual Brethren, Mat. 23:8.

Children of God, Mat. 5:9.

His People, Mat. 1:21.

Holy People, Deu. 7:6, 1 Pet. 2:9.

Chosen Ones, Deu. 7:6, Mark 13:20.

Christians, Acts 11:26.

Dear Children, Eph. 5:1.

The Elect, Mat. 24:22.

Heirs, Rom. 4:13-16.

Lights, Mat. 5:14.

Ransomed of the Lord, Isa. 35:10.

The Righteous, Job 36:7.

The Salt, Mat. 5:13.

My Servants, John 18:36.

Sheep, Ps. 74:1.

The Sons of God, Hosea 1:10.

Children of Light, Luke 16:8.

Trees of Righteousness, Isa 61:3, Rom. 11:17.

Vessels of Honor, 2 Tim. 2:21.

Vessels of Mercy, Rom. 9:23.

We Who Remain, Isa. 1:9, 1 Thes. 4:14, Rev. 12:17.

Now we can examine the Book of Revelation to see if the Church or
its members are indeed identified as being present, or absent,
from earth after the Fourth Chapter.

OUR BROTHERS
6:9-11. "And I saw under the alter the souls of them that were
slain for the Word of God..." These are the First Century Saints.
"And it was said unto them that they should rest yet for a little
season until their fellow brethren that should be killed as they
were..." Mat. 23:8, 24:9-12. 1 Cor. 15:58. The "brethren" are the
Church.

The Church is still on earth during the time of the Fifth Seal.
Not only are we still here, but this is a specific prophecy that
we will endure the same test of faith as our First Century Brothers.

HIS SERVANTS
7:3. "Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we
have sealed the servants of God (the Church) on their forehead.
"My servants..." This is the Church. John 18:36. "And I heard the
number of... of the Twelve Tribes..."

The "Twelve Tribes" are the Church. James 1:1. The Church is here
during the Seventh Chapter.

9:4. "But only those men which have not the seal of God in their
forehead..." Why make this distinction? (Have NOT the seal.) The
Church was marked in the Seventh Chapter. If the Church had been
ruptured off the earth there would be no need for this distinction.

The Church is on earth in the Ninth Chapter, during the time of
the Fifth Trumpet.

THE WITNESSES
11:3-4. "My two witnesses... two olive trees..." Verses 3 to 8.
The two witnesses are olive trees -- the Church (congregation) of
Judah and the Church (congregation) of the Gentiles. Zec. 4:3,
11-14, Isa. 60:21, 61:3, Rom. 11:17-21. Luke 24:48, Acts 1:8,
Heb. 12:1.

Verse 13: "and the remnant..." "We who remain" are the Church.
Isa. 1:9, 10:20-27. 1 Thes. 4:14-17, Rev. 12:17.

The Church will witness to this world in the last days, and
gather at last in the hills of Judea, the Camp of The Saints.

CAMP OF THE SAINTS
20:9. "And compassed the Camp of the Saints... and the Beloved
City..." This Scripture, in context, is speaking of the last
battle between Heaven and Hell: The Battle of Armageddon.
Jerusalem is "The Beloved City."

The "Camp of the Saints" is the Church. This verse depicts the
very moment The Messiah comes to save His People. Ps. 89:7, Rom.
1:7.

Jesus once asked if there would be faith on earth when the Son of
Man came. Then He answered His own question when He said, "Except
those days be shortened, no flesh would be saved, but for THE
ELECT'S SAKE those days shall be shortened." The Elect is the
Remnant, the Church. Mat. 24:22, Mark 13:20.

The Church is The Elect, "We who remain." We are here until the
end, when He comes to defeat His enemy and gather His People.
Rev. 14:12-20, 19:11-21, 20:8-15, Joel 3:1-2, Zec. 14, 1 Cor.
15:50-54, 1 Peter 3:3-12.

http://www.geocities.com/gaedhealic/aflctn.html

owd
+-<[:-)>>-

http://www.xprt.net/~servitum/

God tells us He will give us the understanding of His Word.
James 1:5. Mat. 7:7-11, 10:26, Luke 24:45, 1 Cor. 12:8.
Ps 111:10, 119:33-34, 105, Pro 2:6, 9:10, Ecc. 2:26,
-+-

Compare Isa 29:11-12, Eze 2:9 to 3:3 and Dan 12:9-10 with Rev
1:1, 6:1-6, 10:7-10.
-+-

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

May 30, 2006, 4:04:23 PM5/30/06

Would concur with what you have written.

Many thanks and praises to GOD for your thoroughness on this subject.

May GOD continue to bless you and yours today and everyday, in Jesus'
infinitely powerful and holy name.

Amen.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew
http://tinyurl.com/jjl29

Pulpitfire

May 31, 2006, 12:56:01 AM5/31/06

oldwetdog wrote:
> THE CHURCH IN THE LAST DAYS
>
> Or
>
> The Church In The Book of Revelation

<clip for clarity and brevity>

You can spend a couple hours sorting through all those Scripture
references, or you can cut to the chase, and simply ask, how does the
book of Revelation refer to the "church"? That's the real issue, since
it is the book and prophecies of Revelation that we are trying to
discern the church in.

Well, quite simply, the book of Revelation refers to the church as the
"church". 18 times, in chapters 2-3, during the "things which are",
when God was addressing the church, He referred to it as the "church".
Then, John was called up to heaven (Rev. 4:1), where he was allowed to
see the "things which shall be hereafter". Once He is in heaven, there
is not one mention of the word "church" again, until the Tribulation is
over in chapter 22. Is this just a coincidence? Not likely.

After the "things which shall be hereafter" begin, God's people are then
called the "children of the twelve tribes of Israel" (Rev. 7), and the
"woman" who bare the "man child" (Christ). It is the nation Israel who
is the "twelve tribes of Israel" (Rev. 7), and the "woman" who gave
birth to Christ, and the subject of the Dragon's (Satan's) persecution
(Rev. 12).

When Revelation is referring to the church, it calls the church the
"church". When Revelation is not referring to the "church", it is not
referring to the church. When it is referring to the "children of the
twelve tribes of Israel", what that really means, is "the children of
the twelve tribes of Israel".

oldwetdog

May 31, 2006, 2:02:58 AM5/31/06
Pulpitfire wrote:

> oldwetdog wrote:
>> THE CHURCH IN THE LAST DAYS
>>
>> Or
>>
>> The Church In The Book of Revelation
>
> <clip for clarity and brevity>
>
> You can spend a couple hours sorting through all those Scripture
> references,

The thing to do, is spend a couple of hours of searching the Word
of God --

THAT is what the Beroea Christians did.

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica,
in that they received the word with all readiness of the mind,
examining the Scriptures daily, whether these things were so.

The claim of those who preach the false doctrine of the rapture
are expose by "examining the Scriptures...."

And,
"Those who love Truth search for it, those who don't, don't."

Through the whole NT the Members of the Kingdom, Ecclesia, were
referred to as "Saints and Brothers, the Elect and the Remnant,
Firstfruits and Witnesses... Use your concordance and look for
those terms.

These same terms are found throughout Revelation, therefore the
Church is here to The End -- We Who Remain...

owd