Re: Literal definition of the word "Yoga".

Rod

May 22, 2022, 8:26:45 PM5/22/22
On 5/22/2022 3:50 PM, Robert wrote:

> Do not be fooled, words mean something. In the Orient they all know and
> understand as this is part of their practice, as well as steps to their
> attaining, as "servant" would have it.
>
> Yoga (/ˈjoʊɡə/ ;
> Sanskrit: योग,
>
> lit. 'yoke' or 'union' [joːɡɐ]) is a group of physical, mental, and
> spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India and aim
> to control (yoke) and still the mind, recognizing a detached
> witness-consciousness untouched by the mind (Chitta) and mundane suffering
> (Duḥkha). There is a wide variety of schools of yoga, practices, and goals
> in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, and traditional and modern yoga is
> practiced worldwide.
>
> To what do they yoke?
>
> Each exercise has the name of the spirit to which one seeks to yoke.

Impure, unadulterated garbage dreamed up by someone looking to
further their own religion at the expense of the truth.

What Does Yoga Actually Mean?

The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit root word “yug,” which literally
means to yoke or unite.

This union is not referring to your fingers touching your toes or your
nose reaching your knees. It's also not referring to the union of mind
and body, although, this is commonly repeated within the yoga community.

The union that the word yoga is referring to is that of uniting
individual consciousness (our individual experience of reality) with
Divine consciousness (the essence of truth as perceived when we quiet
our five senses and reconnect with the Supreme Self within).

Yoga philosophy is one of the six branches of the Vedas, which are
considered to be one of the world’s oldest scriptures.

The first branch, called Vedanta, explains that all knowledge and
experience comes from one underlying consciousness, or reality.

The second branch, Sankhya, describes how the one consciousness
differentiated itself to appear as many things.

The third branch, which is yoga philosophy, describes the processes
needed to realize our unity with the one consciousness so that we may
free ourselves from the suffering felt through our perceived separation.

All yoga practice is to serve the unfolding of infinite potential of
both the human mind and eternal Self.

Through this ultimate union of the self with the Divine, we experience
lasting bliss, or bhoga, and liberation from suffering.

Read: The Meaning of Moksha
The Five Paths of Yoga Practice

There are five main paths of yoga practice that lead us to this goal of
spiritual reunification.

1. Hatha Yoga

Most people in the West are most familiar with the first one, Hatha
yoga, as it includes the physical practice of yoga asanas that have
become so popular.

In addition to asana practice, there are other energy controlling
techniques through the breath and cleansing rituals to purify and
strengthen the physical body, enabling control of both our internal and
external state of being. These were all formulated with the intent of
preparing the body to be still in meditation.

Read: 4 True Purposes for Why We Practice Yoga Asana

2. Karma Yoga

Karma yoga is the second path of practice. It is selfless service
offered to others without attachment to the results.

karma yoga definition

To truly practice Karma yoga the yogi performs all actions with the
consciousness of Spirit as the doer of all. This requires inner
renunciation and the release of the ego, believing it is the initiator
of action.

3. Mantra Yoga

The third path is Mantra yoga. This is the centering of consciousness
within through the repetition of Sanskrit bija mantras representing a
particular aspect of Spirit.

An example would be So'ham, meaning I am that. It is an affirmation of
the unity of the individual self with Universal Self. (Learn more in
So'ham. I Am That.)

4. Bhakti Yoga

The fourth path is Bhakti yoga, the practice of devotional love. Through
Bhakti yoga we surrender self completely and strive to perceive the
inherent oneness of all beings, thereby maintaining unending worship.

Like Jesus who instructed his disciples to "pray without ceasing,"
Bhakti yoga is the path of pure immersion in love.

Read: Bhakti Yoga: How the Path of Devotion Connects Us

5. Jnana Yoga

Finally, the fifth path of practice, and the one said to be the most
difficult, is Jnana yoga. This is the path of wisdom, and it emphasizes
discriminating intelligence to achieve spiritual liberation.

The reason it is the most difficult is that the mind, by nature,
operates within the sensory, temporal realm and is thereby limited.

The Royal Path

Combining all of the above into one final and complete "royal path,"
Raja yoga is the practice described in the Bhagavad Gita and
systematized by the Indian sage Sri Patanjali.

The ancient text known as the Yoga Sutras is credited to Patanjali in
which he outlines the Eight Limbs of Yoga.

P+Barker

May 23, 2022, 7:42:36 AM5/23/22
Rod <dx70...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 5/22/2022 3:50 PM, Robert wrote:
>>
>> Do not be fooled, words mean something. In the Orient they all know and
>> understand as this is part of their practice, as well as steps to their
>> attaining, as "servant" would have it.
>>
>> Yoga (/?jo???/ ;
>> Sanskrit: ???,
>>
>> lit. 'yoke' or 'union' [jo???]) is a group of physical, mental, and
>> spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India and aim
>> to control (yoke) and still the mind, recognizing a detached
>> witness-consciousness untouched by the mind (Chitta) and mundane suffering
>> (Du?kha). There is a wide variety of schools of yoga, practices, and goals
>> in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, and traditional and modern yoga is
>> practiced worldwide.
>>
>> To what do they yoke?
>> Each exercise has the name of the spirit to which one seeks to yoke.
>
> Impure, unadulterated garbage dreamed up by someone looking to
>further their own religion at the expense of the truth.

I see you have recognized robt for the troll that he is.

P+Barker

May 23, 2022, 7:44:11 AM5/23/22
Robert <no...@none.com> wrote:

>The info I posted was the straight definition of the word as taken from the
>original language.
>
>I previously learned this from a Yoga Master

I see robt has branched out from his hatred for Catholics to hatred
for anyone who isn't "born agin" into his cult of one.

Rod

May 23, 2022, 9:37:05 AM5/23/22
On 5/22/2022 9:58 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 22, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6ekc3$ksu$1...@dont-email.me>):
> The info I posted was the straight definition of the word as taken from the
> original language.
>
> I previously learned this from a Yoga Master who renounced it all, to follow
> Jesus Christ.

First and foremost, God is Spirit, not flesh and not bone. The bible
also points out that just as the Father God has life IN HIMSELF so the
SON is given to have life IN HIMSELF.

Now, stop and THINK about what this is saying. You and I are living
in Christ Jesus and all of us are living inside of God. Now look around you
and up at the sky. Your looking on the face of God, the Universe, the
Sun. God is everywhere.

I bet that you still will not make the connection.

servant

May 23, 2022, 10:15:23 AM5/23/22
In a moment of self-realization; robert offers this insight:

>Do not be fooled, words mean something. In the Orient they all know and
>understand as this is part of their practice, as well as steps to their
>attaining, as "servant" would have it.

This might be the hoot of the week. Words like "universal and
universalism" do have different meanings and uses. Perhaps previous
lessons are now taking effect?

Speaking of "attaining" and "words have meaning", what is it in the current
context? As a verb it requires an object ,ie. "attaining" what; to
properly have "meaning". Grammer has meaning too.

Just as a point of interest, most of the physical actions in yoga
are taken from the 19th century british so called "physical culture"
movement and adopted by people in british india.

The postures weres likely added to the traditional idea of yoga, not
derived from it.

The 19th century protestant evengelical ymca movement and its use of
physical activity for body and mind and spirit development; appears to have
a role in the adoption of the postures in india and added to yoga. Read
here:

https://mereorthodoxy.com/call-danish-gymnastics-yoga-body/

Rod

May 23, 2022, 1:03:28 PM5/23/22
On 5/23/2022 11:19 AM, Robert wrote:
> On May 23, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6g2lv$lf0$1...@dont-email.me>):
> Yes, God the Father is Spirit, but God the son has spirit and flesh, and
> eats. Luke 24-46
>

>> Now, stop and THINK about what this is saying. You and I are living
>> in Christ Jesus and all of us are living inside of God. Now look around you
>> and up at the sky. Your looking on the face of God, the Universe, the
>> Sun. God is everywhere.
>
> Romans 8:9-11 Says otherwise,

Paul doesn't refute what I said, he is saying the very same thing from
another perspective.

And if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in
you; he that raised up Jesus Christ, from the dead shall quicken also
your mortal bodies, because of his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Yes, if we look around us, as you say, we can
> see God via his handiworks. Yet we do not behold his face. God is indeed
> everywhere.

Since God is everywhere you cannot help but to look upon His face
and still not see it.

> While God did create Lucifer and all his fallen angels in the beginning, they
> are no longer part of His kingdom, they chose another path and that was to
> exalt themselves above the almighty and therefore evil was found in them and
> they were tossed out of the 3rd heaven into the the 2nd heaven until the
> appointed time at which they will be tossed into the Lake of Fire and
> Brimstone.

What does this have to do with Yoga and what I was saying? There are
no demons in yoga or traditional Buddhism. That is simply silliness talking.

> God is Love, and in heaven the angels that serve him do so out of their
> freewill, just as man has freewill in this world. Just as there are the Devil
> and the evil spirits in opposition to God the Heavenly Father, there are Men
> who are either of God the Heavenly Father or Men who are of the evil one. And
> so we grow and mature in either one or the other.

This is unrelated to what I has said. You have gone off on a tangent
yet again

> A man who is wise will make the right choice by which he will abide for an
> eternity. The self centered, self dependent person will not. There often
> becomes a point in a persons life where they see that they have needs that
> they cannot handle, and have learned that they have needs that requires
> outside help in order to be successful. Some will seek to make a deal with
> the devil, like at the crossroads, not taking into account that such a deal
> requires a payment and that it is not forgivable. Yet they still think they
> are living independently. Others will seek God, willing to learn, and are
> unashamed that they cannot do everything by themselves.
>
> Some in their foolishness think they can do a mix n match, not realizing or
> understanding that the evil side has an unforgiveable cost, and once Satan
> has his claws in them he is relentless and unforgiving. Once the tent that we
> all live in is worn out and ceases our paths are eternally fixed.
>
> This may be a rather coarse overall look at things that are, but basically it
> is correct. And so as you expected below, I do not see things the same way.
> Perhaps I was more self centered than most people and so I went through life
> cycles such as yours but at an accelerated pace? I don't know, but I do know
> I hit the wall of self determinations decades ago, and as a result I live now
> with an inner peace from God the Heavenly Father, from whom I am still
> learning the value of leaning on Him.
>>
>> I bet that you still will not make the connection.
>
> I'd bet I saw the futility in that connection, long ago,

And the reason is because you don't understand what you have read,
on top of which you pick out the worst examples of what people say
and portray them as truth! The article you published could not be
further from the truth that it is right now!

as the Lord said we
> cannot serve two masters. Rod, that would be like loving two different woman
> whose lifestyles are in opposition to each other at the same time. One simply
> cannot meet the needs of either one, fully.

servant

May 23, 2022, 3:37:35 PM5/23/22
Yup, it is looking ever more like the hoot of the week, "words have
meaning" indeed. And the mishmash tap dancing with words below and
attempted misdirection is confirmation enough, no?

Universal",ie. an adjective; "universalism",ie. anoun; a heresy that all
will have
eternal life in the end, nuff said.

A now enlightened person has revealed the nature of inner consciousness
from extended divine wifi sessions. If you don't like the meaning of
words, just change the meaning of them to fit the current theory of
theology/scripture.

>> In a moment of self-realization; robert offers this insight:
>>
>> > Do not be fooled, words mean something. In the Orient they all know and
>> > understand as this is part of their practice, as well as steps to their
>> > attaining, as "servant" would have it.
>>
>> This might be the hoot of the week. Words like "universal and
>> universalism" do have different meanings and uses. Perhaps previous
>> lessons are now taking effect?
>
>I doubt your previous lessons on universal and universalists along with
>universalism have benefitted you in any way. You never replied to any
>comments on your mistaken understandings on the grammatical uses of those
>words and their various understandings and usages. You fully ignored, as did
>your cohort, the full and varied usages of those words. Thus distorting your
>perceptions.
>>
>> Speaking of "attaining" and "words have meaning", what is it in the current
>> context? As a verb it requires an object ,ie. "attaining" what; to
>> properly have "meaning". Grammer has meaning too.
>
>Here is the proof of what I wrote above, and your inability in reading
>comprehension. Perhaps your confusion lies on what you think I think and am
>saying, versus what I wrote and actually said.
>>
>> Just as a point of interest, most of the physical actions in yoga
>> are taken from the 19th century british so called "physical culture"
>> movement and adopted by people in british india.
>
>You are confusing and intermixing the Danish and the Dutch for some un
>explicable reasoning.
>
>That aside. Yogo in the Far East was present and practiced long before the
>British ever existed, and even long before they became a dominant world power
>and ruled India, etc. In fact ex-pats set themselves up there several
>hundreds of years before the timing of your favored article.
>
>So for you to try and establish which came first, the chicken or the egg, is
>more than ludicrous, especially given the origins of the word in Sanskrit.
>
>I have many Japanese Buddhist friends who are older that performed their Yoga
>exercises several times per week as part of their Buddhist rituals and for
>long life and well being.
>
>The orient is well known for including any god into their religions much like
>the RCC does in incorporating false gods into theirs, albeit they will change
>the names of the foreign devils in their saints names and modify their
>purposes to suit themselves. While the east is better in maintaining the
>original gods names and its customs and then further integrating them into
>the picture or the whole over extensive periods of time.
>
>Meanwhile you totally ignored the Steps of Growth and its similarity to the
>AOC and its several paths of Steps, one far more extensive than the other,
>but both are highly prone to human failures. Which you attempted to obscure
>here.

Rod

May 23, 2022, 6:16:37 PM5/23/22
On 5/23/2022 1:22 PM, Robert wrote:
> [...]
> s+in+buddhism
>

>>> God is Love, and in heaven the angels that serve him do so out of their
>>> freewill, just as man has freewill in this world. Just as there are the
>>> Devil
>>> and the evil spirits in opposition to God the Heavenly Father, there are Men
>>> who are either of God the Heavenly Father or Men who are of the evil one.
>>> And
>>> so we grow and mature in either one or the other.
>>
>> This is unrelated to what I has said. You have gone off on a tangent
>> yet again
>
> I realize that I took that chance since your understandings appears to
> discount any possibility of such things, but the link above shows the reality
> of it, that it is openly and unabatedly accepted in the Far East as part of
> their understandings. So I included it which you could see as a one of the
> various plains that you were discussing.
> Article? The only thing I pasted in what the definition of Yoga.
>
> I will not disagree with you in that I posted the unwhitewashed truths, but
> they are fully part of the whole, much like much of the various religions who
> have integrated false doctrines of devils into their beliefs.
>
> There are no "grays" in our Heavenly Father.
>
> Rod, I sought to bring out in this thread the fact that God shares his throne
> with no other gods. That he alone is the God of gods, the Master of masters.
> That he will allow no other gods before him or as a part of him. And being
> that not only are we all getting closer to the times of our appointment of
> death, we are also getting very close to the end of this dispensation or the
> ending of the time of the gentiles. At which point our final destination is
> set.
>
> With the increasingly liberal beliefs of many religions it only serves to
> bring up the question"Why can't we do our own mix n matching" of beliefs. The
> problem with that is, that the word of God, the Bible utterly opposes that
> type of thinking and makes no allowance for it at all. And people lose sight
> of that when they abjectly follow the teachings of many who they think
> represent Christ. 2Timiothy chapter two speaks of these things as well as,...
>
> 1Ti 4:1-2 (KJV)
>
> 1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall
> depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of
> devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a
> hot iron;
>
> I appreciate that you do not take most things lightly, yet it is time for us
> to clear the air, and set our feet on the paths illuminated by our Heavenly
> Father.
>
>>> as the Lord said we
>>> cannot serve two masters. Rod, that would be like loving two different woman
>>> whose lifestyles are in opposition to each other at the same time. One
>>> simply cannot meet the needs of either one, fully.

Robert, you mistakenly think that all Buddhists worship their
ancestors and that just isn't the case. Buddhism is a discipline,
not a religion, at least here in the states. Alas you will believe
what you want and are free to do so.

Adios.

Rod

May 24, 2022, 9:10:54 AM5/24/22
On 5/23/2022 6:10 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 23, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6h143$a0p$1...@dont-email.me>):
> Rod, I do not think that at all, and it wasn't anywhere in my mind either.
> Yoga is practiced by various religions, and I am speaking of those in the
> east.
> This includes the East Asian religions (Confucianism , Taoism , Shintoism ,
> Sindoism ), Chinese folk religion , Vietnamese folk religion , Indian
> religions (Hinduism , Buddhism, Sikhism , Jainism , etc.) as well as
> animistic indigenous religions .
>
> All taken from WIKI's definition so as I am out of the defining picture Of
> course you semi-qualified it as "at least here in the states". But maybe you
> should restrict that to your local locale. As that would never fly here in
> California. I also grew up being fully aware of those religions, which they
> were named in secular high schools and Jr. Highs.
>
> You can pretend if you wish but you are not fooling yourself. Certainly not
> me.
> This subject needed to be brought up before the final curtain drops. I'd
> rather not have blood on my hands should I not bring it into the open. And
> yes, it is your right to do as you please, but that is not a viable option.
> Satan also had a right to do as he pleased but we can all see the final
> outcome of that and it is something that I would not desire upon anyone. (Had
> to write this in case you checked to see if there was a response. Said, with
> Love)

Okay Robert. I'll do it your way.

Rod

May 24, 2022, 6:00:56 PM5/24/22
On 5/23/2022 6:10 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 23, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6h143$a0p$1...@dont-email.me>):
> Rod, I do not think that at all, and it wasn't anywhere in my mind either.
> Yoga is practiced by various religions, and I am speaking of those in the
> east.
> This includes the East Asian religions (Confucianism , Taoism , Shintoism ,
> Sindoism ), Chinese folk religion , Vietnamese folk religion , Indian
> religions (Hinduism , Buddhism, Sikhism , Jainism , etc.) as well as
> animistic indigenous religions .
>
> All taken from WIKI's definition so as I am out of the defining picture Of
> course you semi-qualified it as "at least here in the states". But maybe you
> should restrict that to your local locale. As that would never fly here in
> California. I also grew up being fully aware of those religions, which they
> were named in secular high schools and Jr. Highs.
>
> You can pretend if you wish but you are not fooling yourself. Certainly not
> me.

Robert..you are free to believe any kind of crap that you want
as long as you do not shove it down the throats of others. You
have never been more wrong in your life than you are now.

> This subject needed to be brought up before the final curtain drops. I'd
> rather not have blood on my hands should I not bring it into the open. And
> yes, it is your right to do as you please, but that is not a viable option.
> Satan also had a right to do as he pleased but we can all see the final
> outcome of that and it is something that I would not desire upon anyone. (Had
> to write this in case you checked to see if there was a response. Said, with
> Love)

There is nothing of satan involved in exercise and meditation to
strengthen the mind and the body. Please get a grip on your fear..

Rod

May 24, 2022, 7:19:31 PM5/24/22
On 5/24/2022 5:47 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 24, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6jkim$7gj$1...@dont-email.me>):
> I wish that were true, but the practices of meditation with yoking evokes
> that of the spirits like you mentioned.

It does no such thing! That is the most ignorant thing I have ever
heard! There are 7 levels of consciousness and all of it is designed
by God. Meditation and exercise are combined to keep the mind and
body healthy. There is NO WAY one of your "demons" can foist itself
on someone seeking to commune with God.

You have got to stop believing everything you see and read, Robert!

And by the way it is UNION with God, not YOKED, which is the goal. It
brings peace and healing and knowledge, not evil knowledge or devils
or powers of witchcraft or what ever..

Robert, is part of your mission on earth to persecute others? I ask
because you seem to be doing a better job for the devil than you are for
God...

Rod

May 25, 2022, 6:17:32 PM5/25/22
On 5/24/2022 7:22 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 24, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6jp61$3qi$1...@dont-email.me>):
> The god of this world is satan. The demons are those that followed him in
> heaven and were tossed out when he was tossed out.
>
> The sole reason I posted a link in a search engine to show the literal
> hateful demons in that part of the world that are fully a part of their
> belief system was to show you their reality.

I do not follow asian Buddhism. They worship their ancestors,
I worship God as He is, a Spirit.

You have your wires crossed somewhere.

There is a world or "Black and
> White" magic / spirits. That operate without restraint over there. Some here
> as well.
>
> I have seen the street vendors for food products that would at times look
> like as well as laugh like the demons there while they were servicing their
> customers. Not many, but it pops up every now and again. Sadly the churches
> shied away from teaching their lay people about these things, and some even
> to the point that they fear the operation of those things over which Christ
> has given us full authority. But that ignorance to is about to bust wide open
> as many will be delivered by people who have faith in God as they learn about
> Satan and the blinders are removed.
>>
>> You have got to stop believing everything you see and read, Robert!
>
> I do not believe everything I read, other than that in the Bible. I also test
> all things against the recorded
> Word of God. Sexual sins are highest on the list of easy con jobs that Satan
> uses, and has been the downfall of millions from the time before the flood
> all the ways through to today. And with the internet it as greatly multiplied
> in all forms of deviancies. (As an example)
>

>> And by the way it is UNION with God, not YOKED, which is the goal. It
>> brings peace and healing and knowledge, not evil knowledge or devils
>> or powers of witchcraft or what ever..
>
> Yoked to be unified with the spirits, each spirit one has formed a bond with
> strengthens the persons attachments and capabilities, that are compounded
> with each successive yoking of linking. With each step the binding grow in
> strength until the person is bound.

Wrong again Robert. As is usual for you, a rush to judgement.

> How do people elevate themselves up off the ground? How do they traverse the
> planet while in meditation?

Astral projection.

> Rod, there are many questions individuals need to
> seek answers for rather than deny the reality of these things.

Accusing people of having demons needs to be proven BEFORE
accusing, not afterwards.

>> Robert, is part of your mission on earth to persecute others? I ask
>> because you seem to be doing a better job for the devil than you are for
>> God...

And what is your short answer?

Rod

May 26, 2022, 11:21:49 PM5/26/22
On 5/25/2022 6:49 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 25, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6m9tp$hc$1...@dont-email.me>):
> So are satan and his demons. (For point of references sake.
>>
>> You have your wires crossed somewhere.
>
> You could say that you are also an American RCC also. But they like the
> Buddhists are centered out of this country, and their doctrines and
> traditions, likewise.
>
> The informative paper you posted the other day spoke on non-American
> spiritual entities. Do you renounce those also as well as meditations
> involving them>
> Since when has this changed? There was no rush to judgment. In any event, did
> what I mention above Judge anything or describe the chain of command?
>>

>>> How do people elevate themselves up off the ground? How do they traverse the
>>> planet while in meditation?
>>
>> Astral projection.
>
> And by what means?
>>

>>> Rod, there are many questions individuals need to
>>> seek answers for rather than deny the reality of these things.
>>
>> Accusing people of having demons needs to be proven BEFORE
>> accusing, not afterwards.
>
> There are some who are possessed and there are some who are entertaining the
> idea, Of course they somehow rationalize it away by claiming it is a spirit
> as if the spirit from the nether world is neither good or evil. Many people
> hear the thoughts of spirits, and are more prone to hearing those of Lucifer
> than God, as they do not seek God, Jesus said that his sheep know his voice,
> and will not follow another.
>
> Suicidal ideations come from satan, though many think it is their thoughts. I
> can remember a time in my life where the thoughts came into my mind saying
> "why don't you drive into that bridge or abutments. Out of the Blue they
> would come and I would wonder why as I never considered such things. After I
> became a believer in Christ they all vanished, and it was then that I knew
> the source of those voices, I have heard since on one occasion a string of
> cursing's so vile that I knew they were not thoughts from my past, and they
> were so vile that they would make Mike blush. I never knew why, but he could
> not touch me of mine. Praise the Lord.
>
> The word of God advises us to test every spirit to see if they be of God,
> because he, satan is such a deceiver. None of them can withstand the blood of
> Christ when spoken by a born again believer.

>> And what is your short answer?
>
> I seek to persecute no one. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts.

Robert, God lives with me day to day. If you were here spending time
with me then you would realize that none of what you are assigning to me
is true. You are the one that is not at peace, not I. Goodbye Robert,
have a great night.

Rod

May 27, 2022, 12:34:01 AM5/27/22
On 5/26/2022 11:08 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 26, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6pg4b$7f2$1...@dont-email.me>):
> Rod, years ago Chevrolet sold a mini pickup and a 4x4 With their name on it,
> but they were Suzukis through and through. I'd bet that there was plenty of
> owners who thought they really had a Chevy, and might even argue with you as
> to what they really were, until a few years went by and it became common
> knowledge.
>
> Why mention that?
>
> When I see comments like this, from you to another person,
>
> "If it is any consolation to you I understand why it is
> impossible to believe in God. This is a strange world
> and strange things take place here. "
>
> In combination with all your other various comments over the years, as
> "Seeker" and or ROD,
> I wonder what is your reality of God is? There has been various entities over
> the years, various concepts, so it makes it difficult to understand what is
> your true reality of God. I do not say this to be critical, or accusatory,
> since I know you have full rights to believe whatever it is that you believe.

I don't answer to you. You need to tend to your own business
and cease judging every person that you come across. You are
never going to know why I said that to him or her, and your approval
is not desired. Get a life and get out of mine.

Rod

May 27, 2022, 1:37:45 AM5/27/22
On 5/27/2022 12:18 AM, Robert wrote:
> On May 26, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6pkbn$snj$1...@dont-email.me>):
> I am not your judge, I am not passing judgment. I ask solely for purposes of
> communication and discourse so that I can frame things so as to make
> allowances for your actual thinking, not some front that you post that can
> lead someone to think that you believe something that you don't.
>
> You accuse me of things that I do not think nor have I any intention of
> placing on you. For instance if you claim to be a christian, then by what
> standards, the Bible? Or something else? Like say the RCC, and after all I am
> posting from ACC which supposedly means something to most people.
>
> Sorry to have placed such a burden on you about being open about what it is
> that you really believe.

I have told you already.

Rod

May 27, 2022, 1:16:33 PM5/27/22
On 5/27/2022 11:53 AM, Robert wrote:
> On May 26, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t6po37$g5s$1...@dont-email.me>):
> Am I to take that as you are a Buddhist. As you have stated several times?

Do you have any idea how many American Buddhists there are that
believe in God and Jesus? No? Many thousands of them. Jesus said
believe in me and follow me. He did not say that you must call yourself
a Christian to do so. I'm going to post the 10 commandments and then
the 8 fold path so that you can compare them and see how closely
they are aligned.

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt,
out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of
anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or
that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor
serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the
iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth
generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to
those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the
Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor
and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord
your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your
daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your
cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the
Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them,
and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day
and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon
the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your
neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his
ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

The Eightfold Path

The Eightfold Path is composed of eight primary teachings that Buddhists
follow and use in their everyday lives:

Right View or Right Understanding: Insight into the true nature of
reality
Right Intention: The unselfish desire to realize enlightenment
Right Speech: Using speech compassionately
Right Action: Using ethical conduct to manifest compassion
Right Livelihood: Making a living through ethical and nonharmful means
Right Effort: Cultivating wholesome qualities and releasing
unwholesome qualities
Right Mindfulness: Whole body-and-mind awareness
Right Concentration: Meditation or some other dedicated,
concentrated practice

Rod

May 29, 2022, 5:57:21 PM5/29/22
On 5/27/2022 3:07 PM, Robert wrote:

>>> Am I to take that as you are a Buddhist. As you have stated several times?
>>
>> Do you have any idea how many American Buddhists there are that
>> believe in God and Jesus? No? Many thousands of them. Jesus said
>> believe in me and follow me. He did not say that you must call yourself
>> a Christian to do so. I'm going to post the 10 commandments and then
>> the 8 fold path so that you can compare them and see how closely
>> they are aligned.
>
> 10 commandments are not what the Christian is dominated by as Christ writes a
> new law in their hearts/spirits. There are a lot of Hindu's world wide, not
> Just Americans, who added Jesus to their lists of their pantheons of gods.

Your claim in some cases us unjust and your inference would be an
insult to some very fine people who are actually your superiors
in Christ Jesus. You should learn how to temper your tongue with
kindness and truth when speaking of others that you don't know
personally and have never met or seen. You don't have any idea
of what goes on in their lives of how they feel about Christ
and God.

I grant you that there are some that don't but that is by their
choice and we do not have a habit of making accusations against
them because they believe differently. God will weed out the chaff
from the wheat, not you.

pyotr filipivich

May 31, 2022, 11:37:10 AM5/31/22

What a hoot. The same poster who can't tell the difference
between "Universal" and "Universalism" want to pontificate about the
literal meanings of words.

Robert <no...@none.com> on Sun, 22 May 2022 13:50:07 -0700 typed in
alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox the following:

--
For many "I am spiritual, not religious".seems the short form of
"I retain the option to adjust my beliefs to fit my lifestyle,

Rod

May 31, 2022, 12:11:01 PM5/31/22
On 5/30/2022 2:57 AM, Robert wrote:
> On May 29, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t70q7v$reg$1...@dont-email.me>):
> Actually he will use the fan in his hand to separate the wheat from the
> chaff, so as to burn them in an everlasting fire. He also will destroy all
> trees which does not bring forth Good Fruit.
>
> Were you actually thinking about wheat and tares?

And you think that you are the fan? You're over the edge of sanity,
Robert ole' bean. You act like a dominionist trying to bring the dark
ages back. You need to come down here to Kansas and help me farm.

I'll take that nutty stuff out of you.

Rod

May 31, 2022, 12:12:54 PM5/31/22
he is worse than a troll, and no...I don't believe anyone has a name
for that yet!

Rod

May 31, 2022, 5:39:47 PM5/31/22
On 5/31/2022 3:32 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 31, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t75emj$2ll$1...@dont-email.me>):
> Now you are accusing me of being the "hand of God"?
>
> First take the nutty stuff out of your thinking, especially your thoughts
> about who I am. Or what I am.
>
> Also Rod, I am a firm believer in the word of God that says "we war not
> agains flesh and blood, but against spirits and principalities......"
>
> Also, I thought you said you were letting the land go fallow for a time. So
> what would we do? Sit in the shade, drink iced tea, and watch the animals
> eat?

Watch the grass grow.

Rod

May 31, 2022, 7:36:32 PM5/31/22
On 5/31/2022 3:32 PM, Robert wrote:
> On May 31, 2022, Rod wrote
> (in article <t75emj$2ll$1...@dont-email.me>):
> Now you are accusing me of being the "hand of God"?
>
> First take the nutty stuff out of your thinking, especially your thoughts
> about who I am. Or what I am.
>
> Also Rod, I am a firm believer in the word of God that says "we war not
> agains flesh and blood, but against spirits and principalities......"
>
> Also, I thought you said you were letting the land go fallow for a time. So
> what would we do? Sit in the shade, drink iced tea, and watch the animals
> eat?

No. New addition of 300 acres need to be tilled, fertilized, sprayed
with pre emerge, planted and then sprayed again. Then we need 2 1/2 mile
of fence to replace and new steel posts to put down. When you are done
with that we have 19 baby calves to tag and ween. That is about 4 months
work. In between jobs you'll be running the sprayer and fixing equipment.

You'll be too tired to get on here and make Patrick miserable.

Nic

May 31, 2022, 7:59:44 PM5/31/22
Tick Tock when Patrick is miserable you will be happy, I guess you are
not born again.