Control

oldwetdog

Jan 8, 2004, 1:30:59 AM1/8/04
Does Griz have the right or authority to determine what is a proper
subject of discussion.

Here are some examples of Griz attempting to control the posters on ACC.
All of these in the first 6 or 7 days of this month. I'm sure I missed
some because I grew tired. Still, these will serve as an example that
Griz considers himself the leader/moderator of ACC, with the
responsibility to tell posters what they may and may not post. He
considers himself qualified to pronounce the subject in which you are
interested "off focus," and therefore inappropriate. That the topic may
be important to you is not relevant to him.

--

Griz says:

"The devil would have us so busy looking for evil, that we miss the good:"
He then quotes...
Phi 4:8. Finally, brethren, whatever is true...
---
Is he suggesting that you should completely ignore *anything* not found
in Phi 4:8?

I don't know, but this is a quote of scripture out of context in an
effort to control the posts of others.
-----

and:

Speak of Christ webglenn, (sic) if you are able. He is our focus.
Not how we perceive others have failed.

Yours in service,
Griz
------

Now here is one of Griz's own creation: "focus-shifting" which is a sin
created by Griz to contain his cult, and prevent a change of the subject
to something he does not want them to discuss. This is manipulation.

"REmember what I shared about focus-shifting and the evil one who is the
father of that."

Griz
------

and:

I think many of us have missed your entire point Glenn.
It seems to be to shift the focus off of Christ and onto the failings of
people.

Yours in Christ,

Griz

-----

and:

The Truth of the Bible is Christ.
You don't spend a lot of time talking about Him Mike.
You spend more time talking about people.
Remember the devil's job is to get us focussed (sic) on anything except
Christ.
-----

and:

The devil's job, is to get us talking about things other than Christ.

Yours in service,
Griz

-----

And:

The purpose of this forum is not to prove that we are right, but to
prove that God is right. As Paul said: May I be wrong so that God may
be proven right!

<snip>

I think it would be a very good thing for all involved to return to
their own corner and spend some time with God. And the next 3 things
that you feel you absolutely positively have to respond to right away,
set them before the Lord for at least 24 hours and spend the time you
normally would responding, before Him.

Yours in Christ,

Griz
-----

Here is our focus, right here:

Heb 12:1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses
surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin
which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race
that is set before us,
Heb 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith,
who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame,
and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

There is only one spirit who would go to such extremes to shift the
focus off of Christ.
And I would rebuke him and not play with him any longer on this Ben.

Griz

-----

A True Prophet speaks Christ. They speak of Him and about Him. Lately,
you seem to speak only of where others (except yourself), have failed.
That is not speaking about Christ, or in Christ.

Yours in service,
Griz
-----

It would be good to talk about Christ. Can you not mention Him at least
once?

Yours in service,
Griz

-----

Here is a masterstroke of misdirection, and attempt to win pity, then
gain control of the subject of ACC posts:
---

Thank you for this excellent reminder that it is time to return and rest
in Him; rather than chasing off on swift horses.

Isa 30:15

I apologize to the group if I have digressed into sin.
My only intent has been to be on guard for the church of God that He has
purchased with His own blood, in a particularly contentious and
front-line ministry.

I have done things in the past that were more of me than of Christ and
those things are under the blood of Christ. So let us put aside the
talking about people and how they have failed, and focus upon God and
how He has never failed.

That should be what we are about.

Yours in Christ,

Griz
-----

Next:

Griz did not like my quote of Scripture:

>"When they shall say, "Peace, Peace, then sudden destruction shall come
>>upon them."
>>
>>--
>>oldwetdog

A good warning Glenn. But where is Christ in your message?

Griz
--
What? All Scripture is not about Christ?
Scripture about the second coming of the Lord is *not* about Christ?

-----

Another of my posts which Griz did not like:

>If you are not ready to die,
>then you will die unprepared.
>
>--
>oldwetdog

An interesting message, but you seem to speak often of death and rarely
of Christ.

Griz
--
Now I ask, "Is part of the Gospel message, to be ready to face our God
and Judge?" I guess Griz is not ready, so he wants to eliminate the subject.

And:

I had received good news about my site, and book, (twenty years in
labor) which is about the coming of the Lord. Griz was displeased and
posted:

Volume doesn't necessarily mean godliness. Remember, our focus is Christ.
Period.

If your site seeks to shift the focus off of Christ as you have done
repeatedly in your posts here, the there is no doubt that you are
attracting seekers of the sensational.

Griz

-----

Then in this next post, included in a list of quotes, I had, "There
shall be no peace. God" In scripture this is, "When they shall say,
'peace, peace, then sudden destruction shall come upon them." There is
another scripture that says, (paraphrase) "the false prophets mislead My
People and say 'Peace, peace,' when there shall be no peace."
So my statement/post is based on scripture, and is, in fact, bible
prophecy abut the coming of the Lord. But Griz did not like it:

Griz replied:
A disturbing message Glenn. Where is Christ?

-----

"Griz" wrote:

The only thing you have missed Glenn, is our correct focus in Christ and
not upon all the ploys of the devil who's only purpose is to get us
talking about ANYTHING other than Christ and His redemptive sacrifice so
that we might live.

Griz
-----

"Griz" wrote:

Has what you've shared - method, motive and mindset - been a truthful
representation of God's Word, Jesus Christ? He is our focus. If you
contradict him in what you share today, are you not also the false
prophet, misspeaking contrary to God's Living Word.

Our focus is Jesus.
--

Now I'm not absolutely certain, but it certainly seems to me that Griz
is hereby convicted by his own words, and, according to the scripture

But, that is not my problem. Actually, Griz is not my problem. Griz and
his judgment is in better hands. The question before every poster on ACC
today is, will you allow Griz to have control of the subject of your post.

The name of this NG is "Alt.Christnet.Christianlife." That is, there are
many ,many, many "ALT" groups. Of those, there many, many "Christnet"
groups. This news group is "Christianlife." According to the name of the
group, (Christianlife, and the reason I came here) any topic of concern
to a Christian engaged in living life as exampled by Christ is a proper
topic. Correct me if I'm mistaken: This would mean that "sex before
marriage" would be a proper topic-- (Which, by the way, I believe to be
a terrible mistake, aside from it being a sin. But, that's not the
point.) The point is, that any topic which any person feels important to
them in their Christain walk *IS ALLOWED* as an appropriate topic.

Griz does not think so.

You decide.

--
oldwetdog
-----

Mark and Bev Tindall

Jan 8, 2004, 3:27:07 AM1/8/04
"oldwetdog" wrote:

> Does Griz have the right or authority to determine what is a proper
> subject of discussion.

NO!

> Here are some examples of Griz attempting to control the posters on ACC.
> All of these in the first 6 or 7 days of this month. I'm sure I missed
> some because I grew tired. Still, these will serve as an example that
> Griz considers himself the leader/moderator of ACC, with the
> responsibility to tell posters what they may and may not post. He
> considers himself qualified to pronounce the subject in which you are
> interested "off focus," and therefore inappropriate. That the topic may
> be important to you is not relevant to him.

1. This is a public unmoderated newsgroup.
2. Griz is an arrogant, deluded quack.

David Matthieu P.P.

Jan 9, 2004, 6:31:38 AM1/9/04

"oldwetdog" <old*wet*dog@netscapeD0Tnet> wrote in message

Mt:24:5: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall
deceive many.