Re: Why is there no biblical Creed to follow in order to be a Born Again Believer?

The Doctor

Aug 19, 2022, 12:31:58 AM8/19/22
In article <tdmu2r$1a63m$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote:
>There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
>There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
>
>Why is that?

Exactly!!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
The fool kicks a yapping puppy, then goes to play with the wolf. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Michael McLean

Aug 19, 2022, 4:53:15 AM8/19/22
On 19/08/2022 12:55 pm, Dr. Who wrote:
> There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
> There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
>
> Why is that?

Because God didn't put that stuff in there.

Apparently, He didn't find it necessary. However, religious men had to
correct Him! :-).

Michael McLean

--
Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"Sin is not what you do, it is what you are."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul and mind. An abomination."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

P+Barker

Aug 19, 2022, 8:38:19 AM8/19/22
On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 19:55:24 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:

>There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
>There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
>
>Why is that?

They didn't need a creed when everyone believed the same thing. Only
when jerk-offs came around and started to make up crap did they decide
that one was needed for minimum requirements to join the club.

pyotr filipivich

Aug 19, 2022, 5:29:37 PM8/19/22
Robert <no...@none.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:03:57 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On Aug 19, 2022, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<jv0vfh5agi76ohrll...@4ax.com>):
>And that is when men started killing others why they felt did not agree with
>them.

Hmm, and this had nothing at all with the politics / theocracy of
the Roman empire?
--
pyotr filipivich
Monotheism, someone has said, offers two simple axioms:
1) There is a God.
2) It's not you.

P+Barker

Aug 19, 2022, 5:35:33 PM8/19/22
On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:03:57 -0700, Robert <no...@none.com> wrote:

>On Aug 19, 2022, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<jv0vfh5agi76ohrll...@4ax.com>):
>
>And that is when men started killing others why they felt did not agree with
>them.

DUHHHH!!!!!
Man has been killing others since the beginning of time.
Try to look up the stpry of Cain and Abel.

>God knows the thoughts and intents of the heart.

OK then.
What does He know about you?
Would you like to share with the whole class?

pyotr filipivich

Aug 19, 2022, 5:51:42 PM8/19/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Thu, 18 Aug 2022 19:55:24 -0700
typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
>There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.

Yowza! Yet another boldfaced assertion about how "mission
statements" are obviously unbiblical. (Is funny, a previous poster
said the Creed was full of errors and imports from paganism. When
pressed on the issue, it finally came out that he objected to the
phrase "one baptism for the remission of sin" because that he
disagreed with. as the saying goes "It is not _your_ creed, it is The
Church's creed.")
Anyway, as has been pointed out before, it is obvious from the New
Testament, that the New Testament did all it's growing despite not
having a New Testament to refer to.

But no mater. Now, where did I put that post .... ah yes
"Boilerplate:"

The entire creed has only references to scripture. Here it is
with references inserted in each phrase of it:

I believe in (Romans 10: 8-10; 1 John 4: 15)
One God (Deuteronomy 6: 4, Ephesians 4: 6)
Father (Matthew 6: 9)
Almighty, (Exodus 6: 3)
Creator of heaven and earth, (Genesis 1: 1)
and of all things visible and invisible; (Colossians 1: 15-16)
and in one Lord, Jesus Christ, (Acts 11: 17)
only-begotten Son of God (Matthew 14: 33; 16: 16 / (John 1: 18; 3:
16)
begotten of the Father before all ages; (John 1: 2)
Light of Light (Psalm 27: I; John 8: 12; Matthew 17: 2,5)
true God of true God, (John 17: 1-5)
of one essence with the Father, (John 10: 30)
through Whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1: 1-2)
Who for us and for our salvation (I Timothy 2: 4-5)
came down from the heavens ((John 6: 33,35)
and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1:35)
and became man. (John 1: 14)
Crucified for us (Mark 15: 25; I Corinthians 15: 3)
under Pontius Pilate, (John 1: 14)
He suffered, (Mark 8: 31)
and was buried; (Luke 23: 53; I Corinthians 15: 4)
Rising on the third day according to the Scriptures, (Luke 24: 1;
1 Cor15: 4)
And ascending into the heavens, (Luke 24: 51; Acts 1: 10)
He is seated at the right hand of the Father; (Mark 16: 19;
Acts 7:55)
And coming again in glory (Matthew 24: 27)
to judge the living and dead, (Acts 10: 42; 2 I Timothy 4: 1)
His kingdom shall have no end; (2 Peter 1: 11)
And in the holy Spirit, (John 14: 26)
Lord (Acts 5: 3-4)
the Giver of life, (Genesis 1: 2)
Who proceeds from the Father, (John 15: 26)
Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and
glorified, (Matthew 3: 16-17)
Who spoke through the prophets; (I Samuel 19: 20; Ezekiel 11: 5, 13)
In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
holy, (I Peter 2: 5, 9)
catholic (Mark 16: 15)
and apostolic Church; (Acts 2: 42; Ephesians 2: 19-22)
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; (Ephesians 4:5)
I expect the resurrection of the dead; (John 11: 24; I Cor. 15:12-49)
And the life of the age to come. (Mark 10: 29-30)
Amen. (Psalm 106:48)

Of course there was no formal "creed" - aside from the Diadache,
the various letters of the early church, the teachings of the Apostles
faithfully taught to faithful men, that they would faithfully teach
others.

>Why is that?

The short form: there was unity of teaching, practice, and belief
in The Church.
The Nicene Creed was written to "canonize the obvious". This is
the True Faith, this is what faithful men have taught since the time
of the apostles. Specifically »one Lord Jesus Christ, the
only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages;
Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one
essence with the Father, through Whom all things were made.«

Why was that thought so important?
Because someone influential was teaching something quite
different, namely that Jesus was not co-eternal wit the Father, but
was a created being. The cynical answer is that Constantine called
the council because he was discovering that there was conflict in the
Church he was hoping would unify the Empire. Regardless of why, the
Emperor provided transportation for bishops from "all over the world"
to come and settle this issue. And they _found_ that the consensus of
what they were teaching could be expressed in what is called the
Symbol of The Faith. (It is known as "the Creed" from the first words
in Latin "Credo" - I believe.)

But all that is probably more information than "Dr Who" can
handle.

Dr. Who

Aug 19, 2022, 7:17:18 PM8/19/22
On Aug 19, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<p200ghhbb0qtbkh48...@4ax.com>):

> Robert <no...@none.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:03:57 -0700 typed in
> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
> > On Aug 19, 2022, P+Barker wrote
> > (in article<jv0vfh5agi76ohrll...@4ax.com>):

> > > They didn't need a creed when everyone believed the same thing. Only
> > > when jerk-offs came around and started to make up crap did they decide
> > > that one was needed for minimum requirements to join the club.
> >
> > And that is when men started killing others why they felt did not agree with
> > them.
>
> Hmm, and this had nothing at all with the politics / theocracy of
> the Roman empire?

You who proclaim Constantine a saint and an Apostle second to no apostles,
You tell me as it is not found in scripture.

Ollie Smth

Aug 19, 2022, 9:23:47 PM8/19/22
Your material, above, is a perfect demonstration where "... all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness ..."

P+Barker

Aug 20, 2022, 7:49:13 AM8/20/22
On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:17:16 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:

>On Aug 19, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
>(in article<p200ghhbb0qtbkh48...@4ax.com>):
>
>> Robert <no...@none.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:03:57 -0700 typed in
>> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>> > On Aug 19, 2022, P+Barker wrote
>> > (in article<jv0vfh5agi76ohrll...@4ax.com>):

>> > And that is when men started killing others why they felt did not agree with
>> > them.
>>
>> Hmm, and this had nothing at all with the politics / theocracy of
>> the Roman empire?
>
>You who proclaim Constantine a saint and an Apostle second to no apostles,
>You tell me as it is not found in scripture.

Catholics have not proclaimed Constantine a saint.

P+Barker

Aug 20, 2022, 7:50:04 AM8/20/22
On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:20:16 -0700, Robert <no...@none.com> wrote:

>On Aug 19, 2022, P+Barker wrote
>(in article<4e00gh52d43a2cvhq...@4ax.com>):
>“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the
>children of God:” (Rom 8:16)

Mark Earnest

Aug 20, 2022, 10:26:31 AM8/20/22
God wants each individual of us to search for him with all our heart. That is his game plan for all of us.

He can be found. That is my witness and testimony.

pyotr filipivich

Aug 20, 2022, 12:44:02 PM8/20/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:17:16 -0700
typed in alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox the following:
Sigh, another attempt to divert the discussion from the question
asked. I know it is complicated and requires some "thinking outside
the box" of late free format Protestantism, but it can be done.

But no matter, "Dr Who" has his mind firmly made up, that all
others have it wrong and so he need not attend to what they actually
say.

--
For many "I am spiritual, not religious".seems the short form of
"I retain the option to adjust my beliefs to fit my lifestyle,

Dr. Who

Aug 20, 2022, 1:52:02 PM8/20/22
On Aug 20, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<3l32ghlihg7t4i5j2...@4ax.com>):
I just recently posted here in ACC the orthodox article that said he was a
saint, etc. It was posted from your home group as one of their fables. I
noticed that you just chose to ignore the fables I posted which is fully part
of your traditions of men.

You were at one point the leaders of the RCC and fully participated in the
killing of heretics.

P+Barker

Aug 20, 2022, 2:10:55 PM8/20/22
On Sat, 20 Aug 2022 10:52:00 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
Only those who needed killing.

servant

Aug 20, 2022, 3:26:16 PM8/20/22
Dr. who, aka robert among other names used asked:

>There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
>There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
>
>Why is that?

Because those creeds do not in and of themselves make one "born again ...

They contain an outline of what christians believe, including how one is
"born again ... of water and spirit". The topics outlined in the creed as
a statement of core items of 2-faith are found in scripture.

Such modern creeds for just about any church or religious group can be
found on their web page. Look for links such as 'what we believe" or
"statement of faith". None of those creeds in that form are found in
scripture either.

Here is part of such a creed from the godfather wof guru kenneth hagin:

Beliefs of Rhema Christian Faith Ministry | Kenneth Hagin Ministry

https://www.rhema.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=138

"THE GODHEAD--Our God is One, but manifested in three Persons--the Father,
the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being coequal (Deut. 6:4; Phil. 2:6).
God the Father is greater than all; the Sender of the Word (Logos) and
the Begetter (John 14:28; John 16:28; John 1:14). The Son is the Word
flesh-covered, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from
the beginning (John 1:1; John 1:18; John 1:14). The Holy Spirit
proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John
14:16; John 15:26)."

Fyi, the above is a straight restatement of parts of the nicine creed. The
3 person nature of the godhead; the incarnation of Christ among others. -

The last element of HS is revealing about the source of the above creed.
That formulation was adopted in the western church,ie. what about 1000 AD
became what we know as the rcc. The original creed said the HS proceeds
from the Father only, and is still the version used in the eastern
churches.

pyotr filipivich

Aug 20, 2022, 6:06:49 PM8/20/22
Michael McLean <michaelm...@outlook.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022
18:53:12 +1000 typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On 19/08/2022 12:55 pm, Dr. Who wrote:
>> There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
>> There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
>>
>> Why is that?
>
>Because God didn't put that stuff in there.
>
>Apparently, He didn't find it necessary. However, religious men had to
>correct Him! :-).

Ah,

So what exactly is it that do you "believe"? And why should your
statement be considered any more useful than what other "religious
men" had to say?

What I also find amusing are the number of Protestants who follow
the basic pattern of the "primitive" church, albeit with different
emphasis on what's important.

pyotr filipivich

Aug 20, 2022, 6:16:27 PM8/20/22
P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com> on Sat, 20 Aug 2022 07:49:11 -0400 typed
in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:17:16 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
>wrote:
>>On Aug 19, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
>>> Robert <no...@none.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022 11:03:57 -0700 typed in
>>> alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>>> Hmm, and this had nothing at all with the politics / theocracy of
>>> the Roman empire?
>>
>>You who proclaim Constantine a saint and an Apostle second to no apostles,
>>You tell me as it is not found in scripture.
>
>Catholics have not proclaimed Constantine a saint.

Constantine, for better or worse, was proclaimed a saint long
before the schism. The Romans may not have him in the Calendar
anymore, but so what?

Protestants don't have any saints. No cloud of witnesses, no
examples of those who fought the good fight and ran the race before
them. Does relieve them of a lot of pressure when it comes to leading
a godly life, eh no?

Dr. Who

Aug 20, 2022, 7:47:20 PM8/20/22
On Aug 20, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<os82gh1jdos0989lq...@4ax.com>):
Which was ungodly.

Dr. Who

Aug 20, 2022, 8:07:16 PM8/20/22
On Aug 20, 2022, servant wrote
(in article<63013556$0$2259$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):

> Dr. who, aka robert among other names used asked:
>
> > There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
> > There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
> >
> > Why is that?
>
> Because those creeds do not in and of themselves make one "born again ...

That is correct, it cannot make a person Born of God. Those creeds at one
point determined who lived and died and were a requirement in order to belong
to a religious organization. A standard for judging who lives of dies
according to self righteous religious people.

ST PETER WILL NOT be asking you to pass a creed tests in order to get into
heaven.

> They contain an outline of what christians believe, including how one is
> "born again ... of water and spirit". The topics outlined in the creed as
> a statement of core items of 2-faith are found in scripture.

Wrong, they are made up of religious men, some who claim to be christian yet
molest children, rape women or practice homosexuality.

> Such modern creeds for just about any church or religious group can be
> found on their web page. Look for links such as 'what we believe" or
> "statement of faith". None of those creeds in that form are found in
> scripture either.

Every few of which recite a creed in a church service because they know it
has nothing to do with any access into heaven.

God judges from the thoughts and intents of the heart

A creed is not a fact. It is a fact, however, that a person much be born
again in order to access heaven.

> Here is part of such a creed from the godfather wof guru kenneth hagin:

His "creed" as you try and put it, is not one for the requirements of
Salvation, nor gaining access into heaven.

Michael McLean

Aug 21, 2022, 4:59:37 AM8/21/22
On 21/08/2022 8:05 am, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Michael McLean <michaelm...@outlook.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022
> 18:53:12 +1000 typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>> On 19/08/2022 12:55 pm, Dr. Who wrote:
>>> There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
>>> There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
>>>
>>> Why is that?
>>
>> Because God didn't put that stuff in there.
>>
>> Apparently, He didn't find it necessary. However, religious men had to
>> correct Him! :-).
>
> Ah,
>
> So what exactly is it that do you "believe"? And why should your
> statement be considered any more useful than what other "religious
> men" had to say?

All I have stated, really, is that there was no apostle's creed and
Nicene creed required or it would have been written word for word in the
scriptures.

Have I sinned in thine sight?

> What I also find amusing are the number of Protestants who follow
> the basic pattern of the "primitive" church, albeit with different
> emphasis on what's important.

Not my problem.

P+Barker

Aug 21, 2022, 9:34:43 AM8/21/22
On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 18:59:13 +1000, Michael McLean
<michaelm...@outlook.com> wrote:

>On 21/08/2022 8:05 am, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> Michael McLean <michaelm...@outlook.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022
>> 18:53:12 +1000 typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>>> Because God didn't put that stuff in there.
>>>
>>> Apparently, He didn't find it necessary. However, religious men had to
>>> correct Him! :-).
>>
>> Ah,
>>
>> So what exactly is it that do you "believe"? And why should your
>> statement be considered any more useful than what other "religious
>> men" had to say?
>
>All I have stated, really, is that there was no apostle's creed and
>Nicene creed required or it would have been written word for word in the
>scriptures.

When the club was small, there was no need for a creed.
Once dorks started to feel they needed power, they would make up shit
and try to peel off the believers who were weak.
If you want to be a member of the original club, there are certain
things you must believe. Otherwise, go start your own church. Just
don't call it catholic.

P+Barker

Aug 21, 2022, 9:35:27 AM8/21/22
On Sat, 20 Aug 2022 16:47:17 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
Really?
Are you trying to claim that God didn't kill those who needed killing?

Dr. Who

Aug 21, 2022, 10:24:20 AM8/21/22
On Aug 21, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<14d4ghd0po5v74mc6...@4ax.com>):
What does God say about that?

Joh 3:17-18

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the
world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is
condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God.

If you kill a man in his sin, before his appointed time, there remains no
more opportunity to be Born Again. God stated his purpose well in these
verses. Religions who opposed the will of God in these matters were guilty of
murder. They were definitely not operating in Love.

P+Barker

Aug 21, 2022, 5:46:30 PM8/21/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote:

>On Aug 21, 2022, P+Barker wrote

>> > Which was ungodly.
>>
>> Really?
>> Are you trying to claim that God didn't kill those who needed killing?
>
>What does God say about that?
>Joh 3:17-18

God is recorded in the Bible as having personally killed a large
number of people.[note 1] While the majority of the divine
assassinations certainly took place during God's time as the
notoriously vengeful deity in the Old Testament, a few instances are
also recorded in the (just slightly) more peaceful New Testament.

The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah
Lot’s wife.
The firstborn of Egypt.
The Egyptian army.
Undisclosed number of Ammorites.
20 million - In the global flood:
185,000 - Assyrian soldiers killed while sleeping.

Michael McLean

Aug 21, 2022, 6:50:52 PM8/21/22
I am not interested in the ways and methods of man, Patrick. They
always end up in crap.

Dr. Who

Aug 21, 2022, 6:56:42 PM8/21/22
On Aug 21, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<al95ghd90jot2qnpn...@4ax.com>):
Why are you telling me this? So that I will know that you do not believe in
Jesus? Why snip out the verses like the other heathens do and pretend your
religion is correct? God did not send his son to condemn the world at this
time.

God is NOT the RCC or any relationship to it. The RCC was not authorized to
kill heretics any more than Islam when killing others who oppose their
beliefs.

P+Barker

Aug 21, 2022, 7:28:04 PM8/21/22
On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 15:56:40 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
Stop moving the goalpost.
You CLAIMED: You were at one point the leaders of the RCC and fully
participated in the killing of heretics.

Was God ungodly?
I didn't hear you.

P+Barker

Aug 21, 2022, 7:28:45 PM8/21/22
On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 08:50:48 +1000, Michael McLean
Then don't ask stupid questions about why a creed was created.

Ollie Smth

Aug 21, 2022, 8:44:23 PM8/21/22
On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 2:31:58 PM UTC+10, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <tdmu2r$1a63m$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote:
> >There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
> >There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
> >
> >Why is that?
>
> Exactly!!

I can think of three that may be regarded as creeds [statements of belief]

1 Cor. 15:3-7
" ... For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. ...."

Phil. 2:6-11
"... Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father...."

1 Tim. 3:16
"... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory....."

> --
> Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
> Yahweh, Queen & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
> Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b
> The fool kicks a yapping puppy, then goes to play with the wolf. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Michael McLean

Aug 21, 2022, 8:47:05 PM8/21/22
I didn't ask any.

pyotr filipivich

Aug 21, 2022, 9:34:17 PM8/21/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Sat, 20 Aug 2022 10:52:00 -0700
And here is the question which "Dr Who" like so many before him,
seem unable to grasp.
] Hmm, and this had nothing at all with the politics / theocracy of
] the Roman empire?

At which point, ponce again he goes haring off after things
totally unrelated to that question.

>You were at one point the leaders of the RCC and fully participated in the
>killing of heretics.

Poor "Dr Who" - still conflating his chick tract / Dan brown
propaganda with history.

Oh well, the invincibly ignorant got to ignore what they don't
(won't) understand.
--
pyotr
After the war two Army Chaplains were mustering out. The one said to

pyotr filipivich

Aug 21, 2022, 9:34:18 PM8/21/22
P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com> on Sun, 21 Aug 2022 09:34:42 -0400 typed
Or Orthodox.

Dr. Who

Aug 22, 2022, 2:04:04 AM8/22/22
On Aug 21, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<daa0e7b0-2a30-46c6...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 2:31:58 PM UTC+10, The Doctor wrote:
> > In article<tdmu2r$1a63m$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote:
> > > There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
> > > There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
> > >
> > > Why is that?
> >
> > Exactly!!
>
> I can think of three that may be regarded as creeds [statements of belief]

Yet a creed salvation does not bring.

“And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son
Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that
keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know
that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.” (1Jn 3:23-24)

“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also
believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without
works is dead?” (Jas 2:19-20)

Creeds are great for self righteousness purposes, even the devils believe and
tremble but their hearts are not changed either.

There are many creeds to false gods. So is there anything inherently good
about a creed to Allah?

Dr. Who

Aug 22, 2022, 2:07:44 AM8/22/22
On Aug 21, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<bpf5gh1t9uldulb75...@4ax.com>):
Never did that. Too much to drink?

> Was God ungodly?
> I didn't hear you.

You never hear anyone.

Dr. Who

Aug 22, 2022, 2:10:52 AM8/22/22
On Aug 21, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<30n5ghlatnst928i7...@4ax.com>):
One of these days you might be able to combine two thoughts together without
one of them being a lie.

servant

Aug 22, 2022, 1:29:53 PM8/22/22
Easy and obvious, it is the wrong question. No one believes that a creed
alone is the basis for being "born again ... of water and spirit". Aalse
and misleading questions produce false and misleading answers.

A creed is an outline of core items of faith based on scripture and the
teachings of the apostles. Here is an example of a dual core item of faith
in the NT:

Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does
not believe will be condemned.

That dual item, believe/baptism is illustrated in the conversion
excperience of Paul in Acts. Based on a vision he came to belief in the
claims of Christ as to whom He was. Then seeking the help of christians he
was told to fulfill the 2nd item; be baptised for the forgiveness of his
sins. He did exactly that.

Here is how the dual items of faith; belief/baptism of the Mark and Paul's
conversion experience,ie. "born again ... of water and spirit" appear in
theoriginal nicene creed:

"... Who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from Heaven ... "I
confess one Baptism for the remission of sins ..."

*All* churches, even a one off version has a creed,ie. a statement of a
core list of items of faith. They often can be found on their web pages.
Here is one from the godfather and chief wof guru:

'Beliefs of Rhema Christian Faith Ministry | Kenneth Hagin Ministry'
https://www.rhema.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=138

In part the core items of faith on the triune nature of God in 3 undivided
and equal persons; and the incarnation of Christ is a word for word
restatement of the rcc version of the nicene creed.

Dr. Who

Aug 22, 2022, 2:56:34 PM8/22/22
On Aug 22, 2022, servant wrote
(in article<6303bd0f$0$2250$1c46...@news.club.cc.cmu.edu>):

> Easy and obvious, it is the wrong question. No one believes that a creed
> alone is the basis for being "born again ... of water and spirit". Aalse
> and misleading questions produce false and misleading answers.

Why is it such an issue for you? There is no decree given. Had there been
there would be nothing but arguments such as the pharisee used to judge the
spiritual state of others.

Just for example use the decree of men who stated what a person who is
righteous ought to believe as well as publicly state, and those that did not
do so were considered unworthy as well as heretics, and as such were murdered
in the name of the almighty God.

They were used as the center pole of judgment. In fact when repeated in a
"Chruch service" everybody's lips must be in sync or you will soon stand out
as an unknowledgeable heretic.

There are no wrong questions, only wise or ignorant retorts.

Attempting to create decrees that must be followed is the way of self
righteous people.

You can speak and say whatever you wish and look this way or that, publicly,
but God knows the thoughts and intents of the heart. The same as he knows
ones feigned love for others, which he abhors.

pyotr filipivich

Oct 9, 2022, 3:57:16 PM10/9/22
Robert <no...@none.com> on Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:44:36 -0700 typed in
alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>On Aug 19, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
>(in article<9810gh96n2tr5had8...@4ax.com>):
>
>> Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Thu, 18 Aug 2022 19:55:24 -0700
>> typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
>> > There is no Apostles Creed to be found in scripture.
>> > There is no Nicene Creed of any variant to be found in scripture.
>>
>> Yowza! Yet another boldfaced assertion about how "mission
>> statements" are obviously unbiblical. (Is funny, a previous poster
>> said the Creed was full of errors and imports from paganism. When
>> pressed on the issue, it finally came out that he objected to the
>> phrase "one baptism for the remission of sin" because that he
>> disagreed with. as the saying goes "It is not _your_ creed, it is The
>> Church's creed.")
>> Anyway, as has been pointed out before, it is obvious from the New
>> Testament, that the New Testament did all it's growing despite not
>> having a New Testament to refer to.
>>
>> But no mater. Now, where did I put that post .... ah yes
>> "Boilerplate:"
>>
>> The entire creed has only references to scripture. Here it is
>> with references inserted in each phrase of it:
>
>There is no original creed thus notated. It was all done centuries after the
>fact

Ah yes. I'd forgotten that Robert does believe in anything not a
direct quote from the New Testament.

Nor has he ever been able to provide a short statement of what he
does believe (other than apparently "not whatever the Orthodox or
historic churches believe".).

But then again, Robert's belief system / religion is based on his
interpretation of the New Testament (AV).

>> Of course there was no formal "creed" - aside from the Diadache,
>> the various letters of the early church, the teachings of the Apostles
>> faithfully taught to faithful men, that they would faithfully teach
>> others.
>
>What "Didache"? TheDidache, also known as the Lord's Teaching Through the
>Twelve Apostles to the Nations, is a brief anonymous early Christian treatise
>written in Koine Greek, written in the first century. The text was lost, but
>it's existence was known through other Early Christian writings. A Greek
>manuscript was discovered in 1873 by Philotheos Bryennios.
>
>Yet people love to be fooled, even though God sent his spirit to confirm the
>teaching of HIS word.

And your point? Aside from the fact that you have rejected
a-priori anything not bound into the KJV edition of the NT?

>> The short form: there was unity of teaching, practice, and belief
>> in The Church.
>> The Nicene Creed was written to "canonize the obvious". This is
>> the True Faith, this is what faithful men have taught since the time
>> of the apostles. Specifically »one Lord Jesus Christ, the
>> only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages;
>> Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one
>> essence with the Father, through Whom all things were made.«
>
>More phony excuses.

LOL. Phoney only to someone who wants to be free to make it up as
he goes. Meh, Robert doesn't believe that there was any "Ancient
Faith" or Apostolic Faith, or any unity of teaching in the New
Testament Church. That frees him up to read his book and make his own
decisions.

>God knows his own and works through them. Many a person
>swore to the Nicene Creed rather than lose their head.

LOL. Robert knows this because ... um, well, it seems to fit his
presumptions.

Oh well, if he wants to believe that Jesus is a created being, or
an "adopted" son of God, not the same essence as the Father, nor
co-equal, well, that is his privilege.

Dr. Who

Oct 9, 2022, 7:23:36 PM10/9/22
On Oct 9, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<qd96kh9g42380bclp...@4ax.com>):
Whether you accept what the Word of God says about being Born Again, and that
by believing, etc., as I have posted from scripture, countless times, is on
you, not me.

Regarding Oaths;

Mat 5:33-37

33Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt
not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's
throne:

35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is
the city of the great King.

36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair
white or black.

37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more
than these cometh of evil.

That is from the mouth of Jesus.

James spoke this from out Heavenly Father.

Jas 5:12

12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither
by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your
nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

And from human tradition, if a person could not repeat a creed, or spoke a
different creed, it was used to determine heretics who were then dealt with
accordingly per the standards of self righteous men.

> > > Of course there was no formal "creed" - aside from the Diadache,
> > > the various letters of the early church, the teachings of the Apostles
> > > faithfully taught to faithful men, that they would faithfully teach
> > > others.
> >
> > What "Didache"? TheDidache, also known as the Lord's Teaching Through the
> > Twelve Apostles to the Nations, is a brief anonymous early Christian
> > treatise
> > written in Koine Greek, written in the first century. The text was lost, but
> > it's existence was known through other Early Christian writings. A Greek
> > manuscript was discovered in 1873 by Philotheos Bryennios.
> >
> > Yet people love to be fooled, even though God sent his spirit to confirm the
> > teaching of HIS word.
>
> And your point? Aside from the fact that you have rejected
> a-priori anything not bound into the KJV edition of the NT?

It has nothing to do with the KJV. As there are mistakes in translations in
there also.

> > > The short form: there was unity of teaching, practice, and belief
> > > in The Church.
> > > The Nicene Creed was written to "canonize the obvious". This is
> > > the True Faith, this is what faithful men have taught since the time
> > > of the apostles. Specifically »one Lord Jesus Christ, the
> > > only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages;
> > > Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one
> > > essence with the Father, through Whom all things were made.«
> >
> > More phony excuses.
>
> LOL. Phoney only to someone who wants to be free to make it up as
> he goes. Meh, Robert doesn't believe that there was any "Ancient
> Faith" or Apostolic Faith, or any unity of teaching in the New
> Testament Church. That frees him up to read his book and make his own
> decisions.

You do realize that what you swear to you are expected by God to fulfill it
to the nth degree or suffer the consequences.

> > God knows his own and works through them. Many a person
> > swore to the Nicene Creed rather than lose their head.
>
> LOL. Robert knows this because ... um, well, it seems to fit his
> presumptions.
>
> Oh well, if he wants to believe that Jesus is a created being, or
> an "adopted" son of God, not the same essence as the Father, nor
> co-equal, well, that is his privilege.

You Peter are bearing false witness against me, as usual.

Ollie Smth

Oct 9, 2022, 7:29:07 PM10/9/22
On Monday, August 22, 2022 at 4:04:04 PM UTC+10, Dr. Who wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
> (in article<daa0e7b0-2a30-46c6...@googlegroups.com>):
> > On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 2:31:58 PM UTC+10, The Doctor wrote:

> > > Exactly!!
> >
> > I can think of three that may be regarded as creeds [statements of belief]
> Yet a creed salvation does not bring.

Paul does say   "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. " 1Co 15:2

Dr. Who

Oct 9, 2022, 9:16:36 PM10/9/22
On Oct 9, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<9c5499ef-dd27-4dd5...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Monday, August 22, 2022 at 4:04:04 PM UTC+10, Dr. Who wrote:
> > On Aug 21, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
> > (in article<daa0e7b0-2a30-46c6...@googlegroups.com>):

> > > I can think of three that may be regarded as creeds [statements of belief]
> > Yet a creed salvation does not bring.
>
> Paul does say "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
> preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain." 1Co 15:2

No creed is mentioned nor inferred there. It speaks of the Gospel which Jesus
brought to the world.

He did say, "You must be born again." Is that a creed? Or a commandment from
the Lord.

Michael McLean

Oct 9, 2022, 9:21:15 PM10/9/22
On 10/10/2022 12:16 pm, Dr. Who wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
> (in article<9c5499ef-dd27-4dd5...@googlegroups.com>):
>
>> On Monday, August 22, 2022 at 4:04:04 PM UTC+10, Dr. Who wrote:
>>> On Aug 21, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
>>> (in article<daa0e7b0-2a30-46c6...@googlegroups.com>):

>>> Yet a creed salvation does not bring.
>>
>> Paul does say "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
>> preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain." 1Co 15:2
>
> No creed is mentioned nor inferred there. It speaks of the Gospel which Jesus
> brought to the world.
>
> He did say, "You must be born again." Is that a creed? Or a commandment from
> the Lord.

You don't keep all the commandments! You are not righteousness!

Michael McLean
"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time."

pyotr filipivich

Oct 9, 2022, 10:14:36 PM10/9/22
Ollie Smth <ollies...@gmail.com> on Sun, 9 Oct 2022 16:28:55 -0700
(PDT) typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>> > I can think of three that may be regarded as creeds [statements of belief]
>> Yet a creed salvation does not bring.
>
>Paul does say   "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. " 1Co 15:2

Robert does seem convinced that having a short clear statement of
what one is to believe if one is to be a Christian somehow prevents
salvation.
Yet at the same time, he does seem convinced that he, and only he,
has the correct and proper understanding of Christianity, even as he
seems quite incapable of articulating that "while standing on one
foot." But we've been over that, too.

P+Barker

Oct 10, 2022, 7:13:52 AM10/10/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote:

>He did say, "You must be born again." Is that a creed? Or a commandment from
>the Lord.

And this is the rub.
You make up your own definition of "born again"
Whereas, everyone else knows what it means.

Dr. Who

Oct 10, 2022, 12:28:54 PM10/10/22
On Oct 10, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<rfv7kh92qb2jbhhbb...@4ax.com>):
You can accuse all you want, but that does not establish truth.
You do not know the truth.

pyotr filipivich

Oct 10, 2022, 4:35:42 PM10/10/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Sun, 09 Oct 2022 18:16:34 -0700
typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>> > Yet a creed salvation does not bring.
>>
>> Paul does say "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
>> preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain." 1Co 15:2
>
>No creed is mentioned nor inferred there. It speaks of the Gospel which Jesus
>brought to the world.

And once again. poor Robert asks for help.

>He did say, "You must be born again." Is that a creed? Or a commandment from
>the Lord.

Yes "You must be born again" is a commandment.

Do Robert believe it? Then it is a "credo", something one
believes.
Is it necessary to believe that it is a commandment which one must
follow? If so, then it is a "dogma" of ones religion.

The real question is: what does Robert believe? And specifically,
can he encapsulate those beliefs into a short statement, a.k.a. "a
creed"?

Apparently understanding the difference between "things commanded of
God" and a "List of things commanded by God" just too confusing. I
think he gets stuck on the word "creed" which comes form the Latin
'Credo' - "I believe".

Dr. Who

Oct 10, 2022, 6:09:52 PM10/10/22
On Oct 10, 2022, pyotr filipivich wrote
(in article<f109khl5r8k7m9s3j...@4ax.com>):

> Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Sun, 09 Oct 2022 18:16:34 -0700
> typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

> > > Paul does say "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
> > > preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain." 1Co 15:2
> >
> > No creed is mentioned nor inferred there. It speaks of the Gospel which
> > Jesus
> > brought to the world.
>
> And once again. poor Robert asks for help.
> >
> > He did say, "You must be born again." Is that a creed? Or a commandment from
> > the Lord.
>
> Yes "You must be born again" is a commandment.
>
> Do Robert believe it? Then it is a "credo", something one
> believes.
> Is it necessary to believe that it is a commandment which one must
> follow? If so, then it is a "dogma" of ones religion.

Is it a command of the Lord, or a decree of a religion?

What value does latin add to anything here?

> The real question is: what does Robert believe? And specifically,
> can he encapsulate those beliefs into a short statement, a.k.a. "a
> creed"?

To you, perhaps, and that seems to be your focus.

To me it is the Lord and what He teaches.

> Apparently understanding the difference between "things commanded of
> God" and a "List of things commanded by God" just too confusing. I
> think he gets stuck on the word "creed" which comes form the Latin
> 'Credo' - "I believe".

Shifting the goal posts. Again?

A creed is designed and authored by man. It is something that many pledge to
on their honor. They swear to it.

It appears that you discount the word of God as he tells us not to swear by
anything, God or man.

You can keep attempting to set up a strawman for your self serving purposes.
But for what purpose? To deflect the thoughts of you and others from God and
his words to a person? If what benefit is that?

P+Barker

Oct 10, 2022, 6:30:32 PM10/10/22
On Mon, 10 Oct 2022 09:28:52 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:
You can't "HANDLE" the truth.

P+Barker

Oct 10, 2022, 6:31:55 PM10/10/22
, pyotr filipivich <ph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>

>He did say, "You must be born again." Is that a creed? Or a commandment from
>>the Lord.
> Yes "You must be born again" is a commandment.
> Do Robert believe it? Then it is a "credo", something one
>believes.
> Is it necessary to believe that it is a commandment which one must
>follow? If so, then it is a "dogma" of ones religion.
>
> The real question is: what does Robert believe? And specifically,
>can he encapsulate those beliefs into a short statement, a.k.a. "a
>creed"?

robt doesn't wish to be tied down to a specific creed.

Ollie Smth

Oct 10, 2022, 8:09:38 PM10/10/22
On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 1:14:36 PM UTC+11, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Ollie Smth <ollies...@gmail.com> on Sun, 9 Oct 2022 16:28:55 -0700
> (PDT) typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

> >> Yet a creed salvation does not bring.

Of the creed in 1Cor15 -
> >Paul does say "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. " 1Co 15:2
> Robert does seem convinced that having a short clear statement of
> what one is to believe if one is to be a Christian somehow prevents
> salvation.
> Yet at the same time, he does seem convinced that he, and only he,
> has the correct and proper understanding of Christianity, even as he
> seems quite incapable of articulating that "while standing on one
> foot." But we've been over that, too.

It's been like that for over a decade now with this participant in this newsgroup regards the centrality of one's experience and understanding of Christianity as the only valid expression of Christianlife to the exclusion of all others.

Michael McLean

Oct 10, 2022, 8:12:23 PM10/10/22
It has been clearly shown neither of you can.

Michael McLean

Ollie Smth

Oct 10, 2022, 8:21:35 PM10/10/22
Absolutley not!
It is a statement of core beliefs.
A reminder of what we believe.
A public declaration.

When this is read at my church, it follows the question "what do we believe?"

Dr. Who

Oct 10, 2022, 11:35:05 PM10/10/22
On Oct 10, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<4c51bd09-0503-422e...@googlegroups.com>):
And when it was written it was used to judge if a person believed what they
did, and if not they were called a heretic and dealt with accordingly. They
had to be able to quote it, like you.

Yes, I studied church history all the good and all the bad.

And yes, it was fully written by man, modified by man several times. The
Masons have their creed as well, and they believe theirs like you do yours,
was it not part of your cat class?

Dr. Who

Oct 10, 2022, 11:44:19 PM10/10/22
On Oct 10, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<7e13082c-b161-4672...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 1:14:36 PM UTC+11, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> > Ollie Smth <ollies...@gmail.com> on Sun, 9 Oct 2022 16:28:55 -0700
> > (PDT) typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

> Of the creed in 1Cor15 -
> > > Paul does say "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
> > > preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. " 1Co 15:2
> > Robert does seem convinced that having a short clear statement of
> > what one is to believe if one is to be a Christian somehow prevents
> > salvation.
> > Yet at the same time, he does seem convinced that he, and only he,
> > has the correct and proper understanding of Christianity, even as he
> > seems quite incapable of articulating that "while standing on one
> > foot." But we've been over that, too.
>
> It's been like that for over a decade now with this participant in this
> newsgroup regards the centrality of one's experience and understanding of
> Christianity as the only valid expression of Christianlife to the exclusion
> of all others.

And that being as the Word of God defines it. Not a personally defining
structure.
And you also know that if I was incorrect that the word of God can be used to
clarify a better understanding. I clearly reiterated that all these years. So
as to prove that I am not the defining ruler on such matters.

When Jesus specifies there is one way, and he defines that way, what then are
your options? In the beginning days of the Church the believer were known as
"The Way"

So your attempt to bear false witness about this person is something you
should repent of.

Mattb

Oct 11, 2022, 1:19:37 PM10/11/22
On Sat, 20 Aug 2022 07:50:03 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 16:20:16 -0700, Robert <no...@none.com> wrote:
>
>>On Aug 19, 2022, P+Barker wrote
>>(in article<4e00gh52d43a2cvhq...@4ax.com>):

>>> DUHHHH!!!!!
>>> Man has been killing others since the beginning of time.
>>> Try to look up the stpry of Cain and Abel.

>>> OK then.
>>> What does He know about you?
>>> Would you like to share with the whole class?
>>
>>“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the
>>children of God:” (Rom 8:16)
>
> OK then.
> What does He know about you?

What does God know about any individual? He knows everything about
any of us, God knows more about any of us than we ourselves know.
Patrick Barker you lack faith, is that a core RCC teaching?

> Would you like to share with the whole class?

No person knows what God knows.

Mattb

Oct 11, 2022, 1:27:58 PM10/11/22
On Mon, 10 Oct 2022 13:35:38 -0700, pyotr filipivich
<ph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> on Sun, 09 Oct 2022 18:16:34 -0700
>typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:

>>> Paul does say "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
>>> preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain." 1Co 15:2
>>
>>No creed is mentioned nor inferred there. It speaks of the Gospel which Jesus
>>brought to the world.
>
> And once again. poor Robert asks for help.
>>
>>He did say, "You must be born again." Is that a creed? Or a commandment from
>>the Lord.
>
> Yes "You must be born again" is a commandment.
>
> Do Robert believe it? Then it is a "credo", something one
>believes.
> Is it necessary to believe that it is a commandment which one must
>follow? If so, then it is a "dogma" of ones religion.
>
> The real question is: what does Robert believe? And specifically,
>can he encapsulate those beliefs into a short statement, a.k.a. "a
>creed"?

The Creed as written by the Catholic Church, is a man-made and
authoritarian thing. There are several versions of it as needed by
the RCC I believe?

While I do not believe being this 'born again' is needful depending on
its meaning, this creed is definitely not needed to be a follower of
Jesus. Can you prove otherwise in the words of Jesus?

P+Barker

Oct 11, 2022, 4:02:19 PM10/11/22
attb <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Creed as written by the Catholic Church, is a man-made and
>authoritarian thing. There are several versions of it as needed by
>the RCC I believe?
>
>While I do not believe being this 'born again' is needful depending on
>its meaning, this creed is definitely not needed to be a follower of
>Jesus. Can you prove otherwise in the words of Jesus?

Can you explain what you believe without a creed?

P+Barker

Oct 11, 2022, 4:05:03 PM10/11/22
Do you believe in free will?
What are your thoughts about it and God?

>> Would you like to share with the whole class?
>
> No person knows what God knows.

But you just said He knows everything.
It sounds like you know what God knows.

Dr. Who

Oct 11, 2022, 4:44:27 PM10/11/22
On Oct 11, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<uuibkh9m3fa6ldtb2...@4ax.com>):

> Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > P+Barker<PBa...@gmail.com>>wrote:

> > > OK then.
> > > What does He know about you?
> >
> > What does God know about any individual? He knows everything about
> > any of us, God knows more about any of us than we ourselves know.
> > Patrick Barker you lack faith, is that a core RCC teaching?
>
> Do you believe in free will?
> What are your thoughts about it and God?

The creed says nothing about that, so how can you claim to believe it?

> > > Would you like to share with the whole class?
> >
> > No person knows what God knows.
>
> But you just said He knows everything.
> It sounds like you know what God knows.

Do you ever think before you speak?

P+Barker

Oct 11, 2022, 5:41:28 PM10/11/22
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 13:44:25 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:
Creed......... Free will...... Two different things.
Spinach...... Niagara Falls...... Two different things.

I don't believe a creed.
I list things that I believe, and this IS the creed.

>> > No person knows what God knows.
>>
>> But you just said He knows everything.
>> It sounds like you know what God knows.
>
>Do you ever think before you speak?

matty says God knows everything. Then he says no person knows what
God knows. Perhaps you could explain this for matty.

Dr. Who

Oct 11, 2022, 6:18:46 PM10/11/22
On Oct 11, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<egobkhh7rlitbl39u...@4ax.com>):
Then you are a hypocrite when you go to Mass.

> > > But you just said He knows everything.
> > > It sounds like you know what God knows.
> >
> > Do you ever think before you speak?
>
> matty says God knows everything. Then he says no person knows what
> God knows. Perhaps you could explain this for matty.

You are the one who needs the understanding, but cannot.

Ollie Smth

Oct 11, 2022, 7:29:26 PM10/11/22
OK. Please cite primary source material that supports that POV, say, for example, the Apostle's Creed.

> Yes, I studied church history all the good and all the bad.
>
> And yes, it was fully written by man, modified by man several times. The
> Masons have their creed as well, and they believe theirs like you do yours,
> was it not part of your cat class?

Creeds are no different from statements of beliefs, (or vision and mission statements in the corporate world).
They summarise the core elements of the faith.
[Any summary is never exhaustive.]

Pyotr Filipovich gave us this rundown earlier in this thread -
_____________
[...]
______________________________

Dr. Who

Oct 11, 2022, 9:04:10 PM10/11/22
On Oct 11, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<e942f81d-c5c9-407e...@googlegroups.com>):
Does not the evil one quote the word of God in such a way to mislead,
misdirect, and create a false focal point?

> > Yes, I studied church history all the good and all the bad.
> >
> > And yes, it was fully written by man, modified by man several times. The
> > Masons have their creed as well, and they believe theirs like you do yours,
> > was it not part of your cat class?
>
> Creeds are no different from statements of beliefs, (or vision and mission
> statements in the corporate world).
> They summarise the core elements of the faith.
> [Any summary is never exhaustive.]

It is stated as the final product, as if it were to accomplish something that
it cannot. When used as a sword to divide denominations or used to declare
heretics of hypocrites, or to be what determines who can and cannot be a
member of a local body, this it is not of God. It is much the same thing when
a person goes to any church service where communion is offered as the Jesus
requested and they do not want you to partake with them if they do not know
you.

Especially when some of them are hypocrites and are partaking of it sinfully.

> Pyotr Filipovich gave us this rundown earlier in this thread -

Did you bother vetting it? Where is the doctrine of incarnation listed?
Did not Pilate wash his hands of the crucifixion and the Jews proclaim let
his blood be upon our heads and our children? Rising on the third day per
scriptures and not because of witnesses.
Apostolic Church? Not the Church of God, the body of Christ? Etc. Who gets
the Glory for this?
And Catholic? Who are you truing to kid when they accepted no other belief
than those who joined in with them? What Baptism for sins? Only the blood of
Christ can wash away sin. Or did God lie?

Some include the word trinity, also not found in Scripture. This is only a
partial list of the false doctrines introduced, I could go on and have many
years ago, but those here of long standing would rather follow the doctrines
of their religion than scripture, And like in this case here twist the
scriptures to fit? Look at the connection of the OT prophets with the church,
to the ignoring of the actual prophets of the NT church, Yeah, you can
dismiss this all as being argumentative because your learned traditional
doctrine supersedes that of God, but God still rules. An honest person,
honest to themselves and God would search the scriptures asking the Holy
Ghost to lead them into all truth per the promise of the Christ, so that they
know the truth.

What does it matter you say? Ask the 100's of thousands murdered in the name
of God for these beliefs, Ask all the dead indigenous peoples of many nations
who were not considered full humans when their lands were discovered and
taken over.

Mattb

Oct 11, 2022, 9:51:52 PM10/11/22
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:05:01 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>>wrote:

>>> OK then.
>>> What does He know about you?
>>
>> What does God know about any individual? He knows everything about
>>any of us, God knows more about any of us than we ourselves know.
>>Patrick Barker you lack faith, is that a core RCC teaching?
>
>Do you believe in free will?

Yes very much so, and yet nothing I have posted suggest otherwise.

>What are your thoughts about it and God?

God gives us freewill, are you suggesting he doesn't?

>>> Would you like to share with the whole class?
>>
>> No person knows what God knows.
>
>But you just said He knows everything.

What I posted was "He knows everything about
any of us" and that is to the present, of the future he can predict
with some accuracy but not know.

>It sounds like you know what God knows.

No person or Church does the Human brain lacks that ability to hold
such knowledge.

Mattb

Oct 11, 2022, 9:53:56 PM10/11/22
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:02:17 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I could but that wouldn't be forced on other used to kill others as
the RCC has done over and over. It is a personal thing and depends on
a personal view for the most part of the words of Jesus, the creed as
written by the RCC isn't necessary to be a follower of Jesus.

P+Barker

Oct 12, 2022, 9:15:44 AM10/12/22
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 18:53:53 -0700, Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:02:17 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>attb <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> The Creed as written by the Catholic Church, is a man-made and
>>>authoritarian thing. There are several versions of it as needed by
>>>the RCC I believe?
>>>
>>>While I do not believe being this 'born again' is needful depending on
>>>its meaning, this creed is definitely not needed to be a follower of
>>>Jesus. Can you prove otherwise in the words of Jesus?
>>
>>Can you explain what you believe without a creed?
>
> I could but that wouldn't be forced on other

Well then, you could have a creed if you wanted to.
No one forces people to speak the creed.

> It is a personal thing and depends on
>a personal view for the most part of the words of Jesus, the creed as
>written by the RCC isn't necessary to be a follower of Jesus.

Of course it isn't.
However, if you do not believe the Apsotles Creed, then you should
look for another religion, .... or start your own like bobbo.

P+Barker

Oct 12, 2022, 9:16:57 AM10/12/22
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 15:18:45 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
'splain it to me, oh wise one.

P+Barker

Oct 12, 2022, 9:20:31 AM10/12/22
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 18:51:49 -0700, Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:05:01 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What does God know about any individual? He knows everything about
>>>any of us, God knows more about any of us than we ourselves know.
>>>Patrick Barker you lack faith, is that a core RCC teaching?
>>
>>Do you believe in free will?
>
> Yes very much so, and yet nothing I have posted suggest otherwise.

If we have free will, we then can choose to follow God .... or not.
God gave us that free will.
God does not force us to do His will.
Yet, you seem to think God knows exactly what we will do.

>>What are your thoughts about it and God?
>
> God gives us freewill, are you suggesting he doesn't?

If we have free will, we then can choose to follow God .... or not.
God gave us that free will.
God does not force us to do His will.
Yet, you seem to think God knows exactly what we will do.

>>> No person knows what God knows.
>>
>>But you just said He knows everything.
>
> What I posted was "He knows everything about
>any of us" and that is to the present, of the future he can predict
>with some accuracy but not know.

So.... God does not know everything?

>>It sounds like you know what God knows.
>
> No person or Church does the Human brain lacks that ability to hold
>such knowledge.

Good thought.

pyotr filipivich

Oct 12, 2022, 11:24:22 AM10/12/22
Ollie Smth <ollies...@gmail.com> on Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:29:14 -0700
(PDT) typed in alt.christnet.christianlife the following:
Thank you. I know that I have a copy, but this will simplify
things.

The real question is: Credis hoc?

Or perhaps more specifically: Numquid Robertus credere hoc?

pyotr filipivich

Oct 12, 2022, 11:24:23 AM10/12/22
P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com> on Mon, 10 Oct 2022 18:31:54 -0400 typed
in alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox the following:
>, pyotr filipivich <ph...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
>>He did say, "You must be born again." Is that a creed? Or a commandment from
>>>the Lord.
>> Yes "You must be born again" is a commandment.
>> Do Robert believe it? Then it is a "credo", something one
>>believes.
>> Is it necessary to believe that it is a commandment which one must
>>follow? If so, then it is a "dogma" of ones religion.
>>
>> The real question is: what does Robert believe? And specifically,
>>can he encapsulate those beliefs into a short statement, a.k.a. "a
>>creed"?
>
>robt doesn't wish to be tied down to a specific creed.

I doubt Robert wants to recognize he has a "Credo", a statement of
what it is he believes.
It would ruin his whole stance how "I just follow the Book".
--
For many "I am spiritual, not religious".seems the short form of
"I retain the option to adjust my beliefs to fit my lifestyle,
nor be constrained by prior statements about what I said I believe."

Mattb

Oct 12, 2022, 12:58:56 PM10/12/22
On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 09:20:27 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
That is true, and the RCC has chosen not to follow Jesus but a
Pagan pedophile, corruption and greed cult. The RCC was founded
around Pagan beliefs with a few words of the Bible mixed in a true
Universal Church.

>God gave us that free will.

True or we always had it.

>God does not force us to do His will.

Also true.

>Yet, you seem to think God knows exactly what we will do.

That isn't what I said. I said "He knows everything about any of
us, God knows more about any of us than we ourselves know", you are
again using your fundamentalism and changing what was said with
calumny, with disinformation.

>>>What are your thoughts about it and God?
>>
>> God gives us freewill, are you suggesting he doesn't?
>
>If we have free will, we then can choose to follow God .... or not.
>God gave us that free will.
>God does not force us to do His will.
>Yet, you seem to think God knows exactly what we will do.

This is a repeat and was answered above.

>>>But you just said He knows everything.
>>
>> What I posted was "He knows everything about
>>any of us" and that is to the present, of the future he can predict
>>with some accuracy but not know.
>
>So.... God does not know everything?

OK Then I will rephrase it for my low IQ fundamentalist Catholic
lets try this 'He knows everything about any of us to the present day,
God knows more about any of us than we ourselves know'

There even Patrick Barker should be able to understand that.

Mattb

Oct 12, 2022, 1:06:20 PM10/12/22
On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 09:15:41 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 18:53:53 -0700, Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:02:17 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Can you explain what you believe without a creed?
>>
>> I could but that wouldn't be forced on other
>
>Well then, you could have a creed if you wanted to.
>No one forces people to speak the creed.

Jesus's words are what the creed would be. Not what some
pagan-born cult called the Catholic Church made up, they defended and
aided and covered for pedophiles and also murdered thousands while
claiming they represent Jesus on earth, which makes their fruit rotten
to the core.

18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good
fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and
thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

The RCC as an institution needs to be thrown into the fire.

>> It is a personal thing and depends on
>>a personal view for the most part of the words of Jesus, the creed as
>>written by the RCC isn't necessary to be a follower of Jesus.
>
>Of course it isn't.
>However, if you do not believe the Apostles Creed, then you should
>look for another religion, .... or start your own like bobbo.

LOL, Then you are saying the Catholic creed is necessary for
following Jesus? Sorry, one does not need to follow a pedophile cult
called Roman Catholic Church to follow Jesus, in fact, better if you
reject RCC.

Dr. Who

Oct 12, 2022, 1:44:52 PM10/12/22
On Oct 12, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<dcfdkhla9d4v7c138...@4ax.com>):
There it is again. The almighty creed that man is judged by and condemned as
a heretic and put to death, true when it was written and proven that the RCC
mindset is still the same 1600+ years later.

Dr. Who

Oct 12, 2022, 1:45:42 PM10/12/22
On Oct 12, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<0hfdkhh4huv0t2gnv...@4ax.com>):
When you have ears to hear.

Dr. Who

Oct 12, 2022, 1:45:50 PM10/12/22
On Oct 12, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<mifdkhdev32u73tph...@4ax.com>):
He does, he knows the hearts and thoughts of man.

P+Barker

Oct 12, 2022, 5:42:44 PM10/12/22
Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>>wrote:

> The RCC as an institution needs to be thrown into the fire.

7:02pm - 12:09am+1
Dayton (DAY) - Seattle (SEA)
8h 7m (1 stop)
57m in Atlanta (ATL)

>>> It is a personal thing and depends on
>>>a personal view for the most part of the words of Jesus, the creed as
>>>written by the RCC isn't necessary to be a follower of Jesus.
>>
>>Of course it isn't.
>>However, if you do not believe the Apostles Creed, then you should
>>look for another religion, .... or start your own like bobbo.
>
> LOL, Then you are saying the Catholic creed is necessary for
>following Jesus?

Nope. Didn't say that. You are stupid.

P+Barker

Oct 12, 2022, 5:44:23 PM10/12/22
On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 10:43:39 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:
The Creed is merely a list of minimum things one must believe in order
to belong to a Christian church.
No judgement. Merely minimum requirements.

P+Barker

Oct 12, 2022, 5:45:52 PM10/12/22
On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 09:58:52 -0700, Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com>
Speak for yourself, ass wipe.
Are you going to be in Concrete the next few days?
Don't bother answering me.
I don't care.
I'm going on vacation.

P+Barker

Oct 12, 2022, 5:48:04 PM10/12/22
On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 10:45:48 -0700, Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb>
wrote:
Then why did He give us a free will?
Did God know adam and eve would sin?
If so, why play games about it?
You are starting to sound like that dude who believes in
predestination again. Think about this for a while.
Then get back to me in a few weeks.
I'll be visiting old friends.

Dr. Who

Oct 12, 2022, 6:11:17 PM10/12/22
On Oct 12, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<67dekhhsogu6170r1...@4ax.com>):
IOW's a person must swear by it to belong to the RCC, which you pretend is a
"Christian church". Minimum requirements, gotcha!

Dr. Who

Oct 12, 2022, 6:32:54 PM10/12/22
On Oct 12, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<pcdekhhr3scn1b1d1...@4ax.com>):
Race Car Drivers have free will. From their behaviors on the track and given
the performance of their cars, and knowing their past performances in similar
instances there is a high likelihood that an intelligent person can determine
who will win.

In a war, a sniper gets to know his target and their habits, styles, etc.
Each has free will. The sniper will predetermine the targets location and tag
him on the first shot. Both had freewill.

Your wife knows when you are going to take a dump., did she predestinate you?

Michael McLean

Oct 12, 2022, 6:53:17 PM10/12/22
He does know, but you still have a free will to believe or not believe.
And it is not contingent on good and evil...a bit of the thing the Lord
is showing me at the moment.

>>> But you just said He knows everything.
>>
>> What I posted was "He knows everything about
>> any of us" and that is to the present, of the future he can predict
>> with some accuracy but not know.
>
> So.... God does not know everything?

Yes, or He wouldn't be God. Plus, He is everything.

Rom_11:36  For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to
whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Believe, Patrick, beeeeellllllliiiiieeeeevvvvvveeee. Catholics need to
put Catholicism aside, and Protestants need to put Protestantism aside.

And believe!

Michael McLean

[...]

Ollie Smth

Oct 12, 2022, 7:58:24 PM10/12/22
Otherwise, that claim may be misleading.

Dr. Who

Oct 12, 2022, 8:23:52 PM10/12/22
On Oct 12, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<48f6b2ff-01b5-4046...@googlegroups.com>):
Do you really believe that the Apostles creed would speak of how the Nicene
Creed was used to determine heretics and the murdering of those who did not
hold to the RCC?

Also the title of the Apostles creed is totally misleading. Which Apostles
were involved in it and how many were still alive when it was written? Or is
the title misleading as you suggest?

Ollie Smth

Oct 12, 2022, 8:44:46 PM10/12/22
Please cite primary source material that supports that POV.
Generisations or sweeping statments don't get much traction without citing primary source.

In all the churches I've belonged to, none have ever use creeds to judge for heretics or murder of same.

> Also the title of the Apostles creed is totally misleading. Which Apostles
> were involved in it and how many were still alive when it was written? Or is
> the title misleading as you suggest?

Some notes here https://www.britannica.com/topic/Apostles-Creed.

Dr. Who

Oct 12, 2022, 9:20:32 PM10/12/22
On Oct 12, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<b1333b77-7c60-4092...@googlegroups.com>):
You did not answer my question. And your accusations are without merit, since
you are making such sweeping statements that need clearing u;.

> In all the churches I've belonged to, none have ever use creeds to judge for
> heretics or murder of same.

They are used today for judgment on whether or not someone came me a member,
as to murder?

I love the fact that you totally misrepresent what I said, and said clearly
about the time frame when it was used as such.

As to todays uses for judgment just look at the various posters who have
judged me by their favorite creed or doctrine of man. This has been going on
for over 20 years. So when are you all going to listen to what I said, and
the facts that I have presented and are documented historically, instead of
acting all pure and innocent?

> > Also the title of the Apostles creed is totally misleading. Which Apostles
> > were involved in it and how many were still alive when it was written? Or is
> > the title misleading as you suggest?
>
> Some notes here https://www.britannica.com/topic/Apostles-Creed.

So you did not know the answers to my question?

This link did not work, page not found.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Apostles-Creed.

2Co 11:12-13

12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which
desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves
into the apostles of Christ.

What distinction did you make that would separate the true from the false?
Another question to add to the list that I am asking you about.

Ollie Smth

Oct 12, 2022, 11:16:03 PM10/12/22
> > Generalisations or sweeping statements don't get much traction without citing
> > primary source.
> You did not answer my question. And your accusations are without merit, since
> you are making such sweeping statements that need clearing u;.
> >

> > In all the churches I've belonged to, none have ever use creeds to judge for
> > heretics or murder of same.
> They are used today for judgment on whether or not someone came me a member,
> as to murder?
>
> I love the fact that you totally misrepresent what I said, and said clearly
> about the time frame when it was used as such.
>
> As to todays uses for judgment just look at the various posters who have
> judged me by their favorite creed or doctrine of man. This has been going on
> for over 20 years. So when are you all going to listen to what I said, and
> the facts that I have presented and are documented historically, instead of
> acting all pure and innocent?

OK. Please cite where we use it "for judgment on whether or not someone came me a member".
Support the claim from primary source.

Michael McLean

Oct 12, 2022, 11:21:30 PM10/12/22
How dare you!!! How dare you compete with the Robert Righteousness Creed!!!

You are going to burn, burn, ROAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael McLean

>>> Some notes here https://www.britannica.com/topic/Apostles-Creed.
>> So you did not know the answers to my question?
>>
>> This link did not work, page not found.
>> https://www.britannica.com/topic/Apostles-Creed.
>>
>> 2Co 11:12-13
>>
>> 12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which
>> desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
>>
>> 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves
>> into the apostles of Christ.
>>
>> What distinction did you make that would separate the true from the false?
>> Another question to add to the list that I am asking you about.

Dr. Who

Oct 13, 2022, 12:09:20 AM10/13/22
On Oct 12, 2022, Ollie Smth wrote
(in article<463f911a-2646-40dc...@googlegroups.com>):
OK, Patrick Barker. Being as he stated it publicly in these groups. But I
also know of others, I do not know why AU would be any different.

As usual, you want answers but are unwilling to give any.

Ollie Smth

Oct 13, 2022, 12:18:08 AM10/13/22
Oh dear.

With all the rain we are getting lately, I'm concerned that the new undergrowth and forest floor litter will fuel more bush fires in our coming Summer.
It could get hot for some of us.

There are two hard sayings that resonate in my mind -
1.   " ... It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God...". Heb 10:31
2.  " ... I never knew you ... " Mat 7:23

Michael McLean

Oct 13, 2022, 4:07:10 AM10/13/22
Can I give you some advice?

Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and "softness" will be
your pillow. It sounds a bit sententious, and a bit tongue in cheek, but
it is true.

Michael McLean

P+Barker

Oct 13, 2022, 7:57:19 AM10/13/22
Dr. Who <dr....@biosphere.orb> wrote:

>On Oct 12, 2022, P+Barker wrote

>> The Creed is merely a list of minimum things one must believe in order
>> to belong to a Christian church.
>> No judgement. Merely minimum requirements.
>
>IOW's

Troll statement ahead!

> a person must swear by it to belong to the RCC, which you pretend is a
>"Christian church". Minimum requirements, gotcha!

FOAD, LOOZER.

P+Barker

Oct 13, 2022, 7:59:41 AM10/13/22

>> > He does, he knows the hearts and thoughts of man.
>>
>> Then why did He give us a free will?
>> Did God know adam and eve would sin?
>> If so, why play games about it?
>> You are starting to sound like that dude who believes in
>> predestination again. Think about this for a while.
>> Then get back to me in a few weeks.
>> I'll be visiting old friends.
>
>Race Car Drivers have free will. From their behaviors on the track and given
>the performance of their cars, and knowing their past performances in similar
>instances there is a high likelihood that an intelligent person can determine
>who will win.

But you and calvin say that God already knows.

>In a war, a sniper gets to know his target and their habits, styles, etc.
>Each has free will. The sniper will predetermine the targets location and tag
>him on the first shot. Both had freewill.

But you and calvin say that God already knows.

>Your wife knows when you are going to take a dump., did she predestinate you?

Does she?

P+Barker

Oct 13, 2022, 8:02:36 AM10/13/22
Michael McLean <michaelm...@outlook.com> wrote:

>>> God gives us freewill, are you suggesting he doesn't?
>>
>> If we have free will, we then can choose to follow God .... or not.
>> God gave us that free will.
>> God does not force us to do His will.
>> Yet, you seem to think God knows exactly what we will do.
>
>He does know, but you still have a free will to believe or not believe.
>And it is not contingent on good and evil...a bit of the thing the Lord
>is showing me at the moment.

Believe and performance are two different things, calvin.

>> So.... God does not know everything?
>
>Yes, or He wouldn't be God. Plus, He is everything.

Then what are we doing here on earth?
Performing a play for some dude?
He already knows the answer, right, calvin?

Dr. Who

Oct 13, 2022, 12:20:28 PM10/13/22
On Oct 13, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<j6vfkhh1pb2omerpo...@4ax.com>):
AYUP! That is a troll statement for sure, as you are embarrassed for
admitting the truth.

Mattb

Oct 13, 2022, 12:55:41 PM10/13/22
On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 17:42:40 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Mattb <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>>wrote:
>
>> The RCC as an institution needs to be thrown into the fire.
>
>7:02pm - 12:09am+1
>Dayton (DAY) - Seattle (SEA)
>8h 7m (1 stop)
>57m in Atlanta (ATL)

OK Why did I need to know this? You trying to intimidate if so you
just made me laugh.

>>>Of course it isn't.
>>>However, if you do not believe the Apostles Creed, then you should
>>>look for another religion, .... or start your own like bobbo.
>>
>> LOL, Then you are saying the Catholic creed is necessary for
>>following Jesus?
>

>Nope. Didn't say that. You are stupid.

Then what are you saying?

Mattb

Oct 13, 2022, 1:03:22 PM10/13/22
On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 17:45:48 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
I will not be "in Concrete" but will be at home most the time.
Taking advantage of the good weather and setting up for winter. Might
fly to the Islands also.

>Don't bother answering me.
>I don't care.

Then why did you ask? You are predictable. Maybe I can watch your
ship go by from out on the Islands.

Patrick Barker you aren't planning on coming to Washington State to
do a little domestic terrorism are you? You are racist and a
fundamentalist.

Mattb

Oct 13, 2022, 1:04:26 PM10/13/22
On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 07:57:16 -0400, P+Barker <PBa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I'd say you hit a nerve, Patrick is losing it.

Dr. Who

Oct 13, 2022, 1:22:06 PM10/13/22
On Oct 13, 2022, P+Barker wrote
(in article<mavfkhtgv8p87r9io...@4ax.com>):
You know nothing of Calvin, Like most people hear you only have hearsay to go
on as evidenced by your ignorance,

Dr. Who

Oct 13, 2022, 3:18:55 PM10/13/22
On Oct 13, 2022, Mattb wrote
(in article<n7hgkh5mfrqcev9u5...@4ax.com>):
He will have a cruise, or so he says, to think about it.

He said he would be gone for two weeks. How long do we have to wait.

It is loading more messages.