Day 334 of MY Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Nov 30, 2021, 8:31:44 PM11/30/21
Day 334, 30 November 2021

1)

1 Corinthians 12 - 14

1 Corinthians 12

Spiritual Gifts

1 (1Co 14:37) Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you
to be ignorant.
2 (Ps 115:5; 1Th 1:9) You know that you were Gentiles,
carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led.
3 (Jn 13:13; 1Jn 4:2-3) Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking
by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed!" And no one can say,
"Jesus is the Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
4 (Heb 2:4; Ro 12:4-6) There are various gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 There are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 (1Co 15:28) There are various operations, but it is the same God
who operates all of them in all people.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given
to everyone for the common good.
8 (2Co 8:7; 1Co 1:5) To one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom,
to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit,
9 (2Co 4:13; 1Co 13:2) to another faith by the same Spirit,
to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 (Mk 16:17; 1Jn 4:1; 1Co 12:28-30) to another the working of miracles,
to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits,
to another various kinds of tongues,
and to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 (1Co 12:4; 2Co 10:13) But that one and very same Spirit works all these,
dividing to each one individually as He will.

One Body With Many Members

12 (1Co 12:27; 10:17) For as the body is one and has many parts,
and all the many parts of that one body are one body, so also is Christ.
13 (Jn 7:37-39; Gal 3:28) For by one Spirit we are all baptised
into one body, whether we are Jews or Gentiles, whether we are slaves
or free, and we have all been made to drink of one Spirit.
14 The body is not one part, but many.
15 If the foot says, "Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body,"
is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear says, "Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body,"
is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be?
If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
18 (1Co 12:11; 12:28) But now God has established the parts,
every one of them, in the body as it has pleased Him.
19 If they were all one part, where would the body be?
20 So there are many parts, yet one body.
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you,"
nor the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
22 No, those parts of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.
23 And those parts of the body which we think are less honorable,
upon these we bestow more abundant honor. And our less respectable
parts are treated with much more respect,
24 whereas our more respectable parts have no need of this.
But God has composed the body, having given more abundant honour
to that part which lacks it,
25 so that there should be no division in the body,
but that the parts should have the same care for one another.
26 (Ro 12:15) If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it,
and if one part is honored, all the parts rejoice with it.
27 (Ro 12:5; Eph 1:23) Now you are the body of Christ
and members individually.
28 (Heb 13:17; 13:24) God has put these in the church:
first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles,
then gifts of healings, helps, governments, and various tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers?
Are all workers of miracles?
30 Do all have the gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues?
Do all interpret?
31 (1Co 14:39)But earnestly covet the greater gifts.

Love

Yet I show you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 13

1 (2Co 12:4) If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
and have not love, I have become as sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 (Mt 17:20; 21:21) If I have the gift of prophecy, and understand
all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith,
so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
3 If I give all my goods to feed the poor,
and if I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 (Col 3:12; Pr 10:12) Love suffers long and is kind; love envies not;
love flaunts not itself and is not puffed up,
5 (1Co 10:24; Php 2:21) does not behave itself improperly, seeks not its own,
is not easily provoked, thinks no evil;
6 (2Jn 1:4; Ro 1:32) rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 (1Co 13:4) bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things,
and endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But if there are prophecies, they shall fail;
if there are tongues, they shall cease; and if there is knowledge,
it shall vanish.
9 (1Co 8:2; 13:12) For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect comes, then that which is imperfect
shall pass away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child,
and I thought as a child. But when I became a man,
I put away childish things.
12 (2Co 5:7; 1Jn 3:2) For now we see as through a glass, dimly, but then,
face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know,
even as I also am known.
13 (Gal 5:6; 1Co 16:14; 1Pe 1:21) So now abide faith, hope, and love,
these three. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 14

Tongues and Prophecy

1 (1Co 12:1; 14:39) Follow after love and desire spiritual gifts,
but especially that you may prophesy.
2 (1Co 13:2; Mk 16:17) For he who speaks in an unknown tongue
does not speak to men, but to God. For no one understands him,
although in the spirit, he speaks mysteries.
3 (Ro 14:19; 1Co 14:12) But he who prophesies speaks to men
for their edification and exhortation and comfort.
4 (Mk 16:17; 1Co 14:3) He who speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself,
but he who prophesies edifies the church.
5 (1Co 12:10; Mk 16:17) I desire that you all speak in tongues,
but even more that you prophesy. For greater is he who prophesies
than he who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets,
so that the church may receive edification.
6 (Eph 1:17; Ro 6:17) Now, brothers, if I come to you speaking in tongues,
what shall I profit you, unless I speak to you by revelation or knowledge
or prophesying or doctrine?
7 Even when things without life give sound, whether flute or harp,
how will it be known what is played unless they give a distinction
in the sounds?
8 (Nu 10:9; Jer 4:19) If the trumpet makes an uncertain sound,
who will prepare himself for the battle?
9 (1Co 9:26) So also you, unless with the tongue you speak words
easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken?
For you shall speak into the air.
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world,
and none of them is without significance.
11 (Ac 28:2) Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the speech,
I shall be a barbarian to him who speaks,
and he who speaks will be a barbarian to me.
12 (1Co 14:26) So, seeing that you are zealous of spiritual gifts,
seek that you may excel to the edifying of the church.
13 Let him who speaks in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
14 (1Co 14:2) For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays,
but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 (Col 3:16; Ps 47:7) What is it then? I will pray with the spirit,
and I will pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit,
and I will sing with the understanding.
16 (1Ch 16:36; Ps 106:48) Otherwise, when you bless with the spirit,
how will he who occupies the place of the unlearned say "Amen"
at your giving of thanks, seeing he does not understand what you say?
17 (1Co 14:4) For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
18 I thank my God that I speak in tongues more than you all.
19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding,
that by my voice I might teach others also,
than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
20 (Ro 16:19; Ps 119:99) Brothers, do not be children in your thinking;
rather be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.
21 (Jn 10:34; Isa 28:11-12) In the law it is written:
"With men of other tongues
and other lips
I will speak to this people;
but even then they will not hear Me,"(Isa 28:11-12.)
says the Lord.
22 (Mk 16:17) So tongues are for a sign, not to believers,
but to unbelievers. But prophesying does not serve unbelievers, but believers.
23 (Ac 2:13) Therefore if the whole church assembles in one place
and all speak with tongues, and those who are unlearned
or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
24 But if all prophesy and there comes in one who does not believe
or one unlearned, he is convinced by all and judged by all.
25 (Isa 45:14; Zec 8:23) Thus the secrets of his heart are revealed.
And so falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God
is truly among you.

All Things to Be Done in Order

26 (Ro 14:19; 1Co 12:7-10) How is it then, brothers? When you come together,
every one of you has a psalm, a teaching, a tongue, a revelation,
and an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
27 If anyone speaks in an unknown tongue, let it be by two,
or at the most by three, and each in turn, and let one interpret.
28 But if there is no interpreter, let him remain silent in the church,
and let him speak to himself and to God.
29 (1Co 12:10) Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge.
30 (1Th 5:19-20) If anything is revealed to another that sits by,
let the first keep silent.
31 For you may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn
and all may be encouraged.
32 (1Jn 4:1) The spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33 (1Co 7:17; 4:17) For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace,
as in all churches of the saints.
34 (1Ti 2:11-12; Ge 3:16) Let your women remain silent in the churches.
For they are not permitted to speak. They are commanded to be
under obedience, as the law also says.
35 If they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home,
for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
36 What? Did the word of God come from you? Or did it come to you only?
37 (2Co 10:7; 1Jn 4:6) If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet
or spiritual, let him acknowledge that what I am writing you is
a command of the Lord.
38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
39 (1Co 12:31; 14:1) Therefore, brothers, eagerly desire to prophesy,
and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
40 (Col 2:5) Let all things be done decently and in order.

2) Our Daily Bread for 30 November 2021
https://odb.org/CA/2021/11/30/for-others-sake
entitled A Great Light

Isaiah 9:1-3

1 (2Ki 15:29; 2Ch 16:4) Nevertheless there shall be no more gloom
for her who was in anguish. In the former time He contemptuously
treated the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
but in the latter time He shall make it glorious,
by the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2 (Eph 5:8; Mt 4:16) The people who walked in darkness
have seen a great light;
those who dwell in the land of the shadow of death,
upon them the light has shined.
3 (1Sa 30:16; Isa 26:15) You have multiplied the nation
and increased the joy;
they rejoice before You
according to the joy of harvest
and as men rejoice
when they divide the spoil.

In 2018, twelve Thai boys and their soccer coach descended
into a mazelike cave, intending to enjoy an afternoon adventure.
Due to unexpected rising water that forced them deeper and deeper
into the cavern, it was two-and-a-half weeks before rescuers led them out.
Dive teams, thwarted by rising water, attempted the rescue as the boys
sat on a small rock shelf with only six flickering flashlights.
They spent hours in darkness, hoping that somehow light
-and help-would break through.

The prophet Isaiah described a world of brooding darkness,
one overrun by violence and greed, shattered by rebellion
and anguish (Isaiah 8:22). Nothing but ruin; hope's candle flickering
and fading, sputtering before succumbing to dark nothingness.
And yet, Isaiah insisted, this dim despair was not the end.
Because of God's mercy, soon "there will be no more gloom
for those who were in distress" (9:1). God would never abandon
His people in shadowy ruin. The prophet announced hope
for his people then and pointed to the time when Jesus
would come to dispel the darkness sin has caused.

Jesus has come. And now we hear Isaiah's words
with renewed meaning: "The people walking in darkness have seen
a great light," Isaiah says. "On those living in the land of deep
darkness a light has dawned" (v. 2).

No matter how dark the night, no matter how despairing our circumstances,
we're never forsaken in the dark. Jesus is here. A great Light shines.

By: Winn Collier

Reflect & Pray

How are you prone to experience darkness and despair?
Consider this image of Jesus as the great light
-how does this light renew you with hope?

God, there's so much darkness.
I fear sometimes that the darkness will overwhelm me.
Be my great light. Shine on me with radiant love.

3) From The Billy Graham Evangelical Ministry Association

Words in Season - Scripture Memory Tools

Week 3 - Saved Now and Forever - Day 3 - Inseparable From God's Love

Romans 8:38-39

38 (Eph 1:21; 1Pe 3:22) For I am persuaded that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor principalities nor powers, neither things present
nor things to come,
39 (Ro 5:8) neither height nor depth, nor any other created thing,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Separation is a fact of human life. Relationships disintegrate,
children grow up, loved ones die, husbands and wives divorce,
friends changes and drift apart. We may resist change and separation,
but we must deal with them nevertheless.
Separation sometimes is a natural result of growth and development;
sometimes it is a violent, cataclysmic shaking of an individual's life.
2 lifelong friends go separate ways to college or into future careers;
a church splits over doctrinal differences; a wife finds out a hidden
secret in her husband's past.
But with God, there is no separation, no death, no breaking of vows,
no growing beyond the relationship. Nothing, says Paul, can separate
us from the love of God. A skeleton in my closet, once revealed, may
cost me the trust of those I thought were my friends. But God knows
all my past, all my sin; he forgives, and it cannot separate me from him.
My present personal struggles may cause trouble in my job and result in
the loss of that income, but God understands what I'm going through,
and even when I'm angry at him, he can take it without drawing away
or striking back. My present problems cannot separate me from the Lord.
And God knows, too, the plan he has established for my future. I cannot
walk away from him, grow beyond my need for him, or outrun him into
tomorrow.
She may separate me from my awareness of God's presence in my life,
but it cannot set me beyond his reach. There is no power that is greater
than God's love, and no place I can go that will separate me
from that love.

Application

a) Have I ever felt separated from the love of God? Under what circumstances?

b) How can today's verse free me from anxiety about the past,
the present or the future?

4) Prosperity verses from Kenneth Copeland

Isaiah 1:19

19 (Dt 30:15-16) If you are willing and obedient,
you shall eat the good of the land;

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are Discouraged or Depressed

Psalm 13

For the Music Director. A Psalm of David.

1 How long, O Lord? Will You forget me for good?
How long will you hide Your face from me?
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) How long will I harbour cares in my soul
and sorrow in my heart by day?
How long will my enemy loom over me?
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) Take note and answer me, O Lord my God!
Brighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:8) lest my enemy say, 'I have him,'
lest my foes exult when I stumble.
5(Ps 42:11; 43:5) I for my part confide in Your kindness;
may my heart exult in Your salvation!
6(2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9 ) I will sing to the Lord,
because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Newfoundland & Labrador

Total population 527000
Muslim population (est.) 2065

As of Autumn 2014, St. John's does not have a local CNMM network. Pray with us
for God's people to come together in prayer
and cooperative efforts to reach Muslims with the Good News.

St. John's has one mosque and 2 more musallas , or prayer locations, which
may grow into mosques of their own. The mosque is called Masjid an Noor,
The Mosque of the Light, and mosque historical documents record a trip in 1986
to Saudi Arabia to raise funds for the land purchase and construction costs.
A small number of Muslim families had come prior to 1964, but moved on to
other places after a short time. After this date, a small community began
to remain and grow , reaching about 25 families in the 1980s. A number
of international students also join the community annually
ranging from 25 to 60.

In 2014 the mosque website reports the community is made up of some 200
families and many university students attending Memorial University. A
small number of native Newfoundlanders have also converted to the Islamic
faith, one saying of this religion in Newfoundland, "Islam is a growing face".
With the growth of the community, the current challenge is lack of space
in the mosque, which they are now looking at expanding.

Pray for

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.
For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.
You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"
Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:
- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.

Acts 2:12-17 : 17 12 They were all amazed and perplexed, saying to each other,
"What does this mean?"
13 (1Co 14:23) Others mocking said, "These men are full of new wine."

Peter's Speech at Pentecost

14 (Ac 1:26) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice
and said to them, "Men of Judea and all you who dwell in Jerusalem,
let this be known to you, and listen to my words.
15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose,
since it is the third hour of the day.
16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.'

- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.

- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.

Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -

Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity

(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, atheists, secular humanists, ...) .

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 30 of the Month

a) Pray for God's will to be done where you live and throughout
Canadian society, as it is in Heaven

( Matt 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

)

b) Pray that in kindness God will lead many to repentance in your city
or community, and across our nation. (

Rom 2:4

4 (Ex 34:6; Isa 30:18) Do you despise the riches of His goodness,
tolerance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God
leads you to repentance?

)

Advent Day 3

From C. S. Lewis A grand Miracle Joel Heck

"He goes down to come up again and bring the whole ruined world up with Him. One has the picture of a strong man stooping lower and lower to get himself underneath some great complicated burden. He must stoop in order to lift, he must almost disappear under the load before he in­ credibly straightens his back and marches off with the whole mass swaying on his shoulders." - C. S. Lewis

(Read this and more in Miracles, p. 148.)

Down and Up

God came down in the person of Jesus to bring the world up. Abraham was humbled when asked to sacrifice his son Isaac and, in the process, learned to trust God fully. Peter refused to have his feet washed by Jesus but changed his mind when Jesus said, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me" (John 13:8). Perhaps that's why Peter later wrote, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time" (1 Pet. 5:6). Where did he get that idea? From Jesus, the one who humbled himself and was later exalted, but in his case without sin. Jesus told a dinner host, "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted" (Luke 14:11).

God the Son came down to live among us, and then he went up. He enjoyed the glory and majesty of heaven, but decided, for our benefit, to humble himself. In doing that, Jesus set a pattern that works for everyone. Lift yourself up, and you will be put down. Lower yourself, and you will be lifted up.

Jesus didn't do this just to set an example for us to follow. He did it to save us. By coming down, he became a man, able to die. By going up, he overcame everything he met when he went down, including whatever problems you face at this very moment. Hold on to his hand! In that going up, God has exalted him to the highest place and promises to bring you up in the same way.

Jesus, help me down so that you can bring me up to you. Amen.

Philippians 2:9-11

9 (Heb 2:9; Mt 28:18) Therefore God highly exalted Him
and gave Him the name which is above every name,
10 (Mt 28:18) that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 (Jn 13:13; Ro 14:9) and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

From Follow the Story by Marva J. Dawn

TUESDAY, FIRST WEEK OF ADVENT

according to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn
incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.

-Luke 1:9

Time for Zechariah to be serving in the Temple-
his greatest ecstasy as a priest! The various orders rotated terms taking
care of the Temple, and now was the time for the order of Abijah.
Zechariah was thrilled because there was
nothing better than serving directly in God's own house!

Even more inspiring, Zechariah had been chosen by lot,
according to the custom of the priesthood, to be the precise
person given the great privilege of entering the Lord's sanctuary
to present daily incense. This dispensation was accorded a person rarely,
if ever, so he was undoubtedly elated and a bit fearful to be granted such an honor.

Recognizing what filled Zechariah's spirit is valuable
before we consider what took place,
because it heightens our understanding of his reactions.
Also, let us see God's hand behind the lot,
God's design in the appointment, because the Lord has
a momentous message and purpose for aged Zechariah.

Prayer

Lord, what special assignment do you have for us today? Fill us with Joy to be serving you! Amen.

Read Luke 1:8-17.

8 Now while he served as priest before God, when his division was on duty,
9 according to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn
incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
10 And the whole crowd of people were praying outside at the hour of incense.
11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side
of the altar of incense.
12 When Zechariah saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
13 But the angel said to him, "Do not fear, Zechariah, for your prayer
has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son,
and you shall call his name John.
14 You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth.
15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink
neither wine nor strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit,
even from his mother's womb.
16 He will turn many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God.
17 And he will go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah,
to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children
and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready
a people prepared for the Lord."

The Ah-Has of Advent by Rich Bimler

FIRST TUESDAY

AH-HA! Ambassadors of Health, Hope and ATONEMENT!

Read Isaiah 2:1-5.

1 (Isa 1:1) The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw
concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2 (Isa 27:13; Mic 4:1-3) In the last days,
the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established
on the top of the mountains,
and shall be exalted above the hills,
and all nations shall flow to it.
3 (Lk 24:47; Isa 51:4-5) Many people shall go and say,
"Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
to the house of the God of Jacob,
and He will teach us of His ways,
and we will walk in His paths."
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 (Hos 2:18; Joel 3:10) He shall judge among the nations,
and shall rebuke many peoples;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
nor shall they learn war any more.
5 (Eph 5:8; 1Jn 1:7) O house of Jacob, come,
and let us walk in the light of the Lord.

Pastor Mitri Raheb, Bethlehem,Palestine, is an AH-HA person or God!

He lives with hope in the Lord in that little town of Bethlehem,
where there is so little peace. He often has said
"The world does not need more peace-talkers:
the world needs more peace-doers!"

Atonement is a great Advert word of AH-HA! Christ came at Christmas
in order to die and rise tor us to make us at one with each other!
His action of atoning for our sins is what enables us to be AH-HA
people even, in the midst of a peaceless society Pastor Raheb insists that
"the world does not need another saviour to come to Make peace in the world.
We already have a Saviour who has done this'·

Isaiah 2:3 Many people shall go and say,
"Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
to the house of the God of Jacob,
and He will teach us of His ways,
and we will walk in His paths."
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Today seek ways. to walk as a peace-doer in the Lord.
Worship this week on 1 of the "mountains" the Lord provides for you.
Bring a peaceful word of greeting to a lonely friend.
Find a way to be at one with someone with whom you disagree

We all do not need to go to Bethlehem to bring the people there God's
peace Instead, thank the Lord that he was born in Bethlehem
in order that peace in him may flow to all the world.

Lord, we are AH-Ha people because you have atoned for our sins.

In Jesus' name. Amen ... and AH-HA!

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and pray to use your spiritual gift accordingly in the body.

Pray to the Lord "God, there's so much darkness.
I fear sometimes that the darkness will overwhelm me.
Be my great light. Shine on me with radiant love."

Pray to the Lord and thank Him for he will not seperate us from Him.

Pray to the Lord and pray to be obedient to Him.

Pray to the Lord and confide in His kindness.

Pray for in Newfoundland and Labrador

- The true Light of life, Jesus Christ, to be revealed to Muslims
in Newfoundland through the word, dreams, visions and answers to prayer.
- Christians to be as "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" regarding
Islam and reaching out in loving witness to Muslims in St. John's.
- for a dedicated, intentional witness to the growing number of Muslim
students on the university, college and trade school campuses.

Pray for God's will to be done where you live and throughout
Canadian society, as it is in Heaven

Pray that in kindness God will lead many to repentance in your city
or community, and across our nation.

Pray Jesus, help me down so that you can bring me up to you. Amen.

Pray Lord, what special assignment do you have for us today?
Fill us with Joy to be serving you! Amen.

Pray Lord, we are AH-Ha people because you have atoned for our sins. Amen

Pray for those reaching out to Sri Lanka's youth.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God.
Merry Christmas 2021 and Happy New Year 2022 Beware https://mindspring.com