Day 25 of My 3rd Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Jan 25, 2023, 6:44:17 PM1/25/23
Day 25, 25 Jan 2022

Genesis 38
Genesis 39
1 Chronicles 2:3-8
Genesis 40

GENESIS 38

Judah and Tamar

1 At that time Judah left his brothers and visited a certain
Adullamite, whose name was Hirah. 2 There Judah saw
the daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shua,
and he took her and had relations with her. 3 She conceived and bore a son,
and he called his name Er. 4 She conceived again and bore a son,
and she called his name Onan. 5 She again conceived and bore a son
and called his name Shelah. He was at Kezib when she bore him.
6 Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, whose name was Tamar.
7 But Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord,
so the Lord killed him.
8 Then Judah said to Onan, "Go have relations with your brother's wife,
and marry her, and raise up descendants for your brother."
9 But Onan knew that the descendant would not be his,
so when he had relations with his brother's wife, he let his semen go on
the ground, so that he would not give a descendant to his brother.
10 What he did displeased the Lord; therefore He killed him also.
11 Then Judah said to Tamar, his daughter-in-law,
"Remain a widow at your father's house
until Shelah my son grows up."
For he thought, "He may die also, just as his brothers did."
So Tamar went and lived in her father's house.
12 As time went on, the daughter of Shua, Judah's wife, died.
After Judah was consoled, he went up to his sheepshearers
in Timnah, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite.
13 It was told to Tamar, "Your father-in-law is going up to Timnah
to shear his sheep." 14 She took off her widow's clothing,
covered herself with a veil, wrapped herself up,
and sat in an open place, which is by the road to Timnah.
For she saw that Shelah was grown,
and she was not given to him as his wife.
15 When Judah saw her, he thought she was a prostitute,
because she had covered her face.
16 He turned to her by the road and said,
"Come now, let me have relations with you"
(for he did not know that she was his daughter-in-law).
And she said, "What will you give me,
so that you may have relations with me?"
17 And he said, "I will send you a young goat from the flock."
And she said, "Will you give me a pledge, until you send it?"
18 And he said, "What pledge should I give you?"
And she said, "Your signet, your bracelets,
and your staff that is in your hand."
So he gave them to her and had relations with her, and she conceived by him.
19 She arose and went away, and taking off her veil, she put on her widow's
clothing.
20 Judah sent the young goat by his friend the Adullamite to receive his pledge
from the woman's hand, but he could not find her. 21 Then he asked
the men of the place, "Where is the cult prostitute
who was at Enaim by the road?"
And they said, "There was no prostitute in this place."
22 So he returned to Judah and said, "I cannot find her.
Also, the men of the place said there was no cult prostitute in this place."
23 Judah replied, "Let her keep them for herself,
or we shall be laughed at. I sent this young goat, and you did not find her."
24 After about three months, it was told Judah, "Tamar your daughter-in-law
has turned to prostitution, and what is more,
as a result of prostitution she is pregnant."
Then Judah said, "Bring her forth, and let her be burned!"
25 When she was brought forth, she sent word to her father-in-law,
saying, "By the man to whom these belong am I with child."
And she said, "Please identify whose these are'the signet
and bracelet and staff."
26 Judah recognized them and said, "She has been more righteous than I,
because I did not give her to Shelah my son."
He did not have relations with her again.
27 When it was time for her to give birth, there were twins in her womb.
28 While she was giving birth, one put out his hand, and the midwife took
and tied on his hand a scarlet thread, saying, "This one came out first."
29 But as he drew back his hand, his brother came out. Then she said,
"How have you made a breach for yourself?"
Therefore his name was called Perez.
30 Afterward his brother came out, the one that had the scarlet thread
on his hand, and his name was called Zerah.

Genesis 38
[1] And it came to pass at that time, that Judah went down from his
brethren, and turned in to a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah.
[2] And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was
Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her.
[3] And she conceived, and bare a son; and he called his name Er.
[4] And she conceived again, and bare a son; and she called his name Onan.
[5] And she yet again conceived, and bare a son; and called his name Shelah:
and he was at Chezib, when she bare him.
[6] And Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, whose name was Tamar.
[7] And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the
LORD slew him.
[8] And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her,
and raise up seed to thy brother.
[9] And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when
he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest
that he should give seed to his brother.
[10] And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him
also.
[11] Then said Judah to Tamar his daughter in law, Remain a widow at thy
father's house, till Shelah my son be grown: for he said, Lest peradventure
he die also, as his brethren did. And Tamar went and dwelt in her father's
house.
[12] And in process of time the daughter of Shuah Judah's wife died; and
Judah was comforted, and went up unto his sheepshearers to Timnath, he and
his friend Hirah the Adullamite.
[13] And it was told Tamar, saying, Behold thy father in law goeth up to
Timnath to shear his sheep.
[14] And she put her widow's garments off from her, and covered her with a
vail, and wrapped herself, and sat in an open place, which is by the way to
Timnath; for she saw that Shelah was grown, and she was not given unto him
to wife.
[15] When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had
covered her face.
[16] And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me
come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And
she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?
[17] And he said, I will send thee a kid from the flock. And she said, Wilt
thou give me a pledge, till thou send it?
[18] And he said, What pledge shall I give thee? And she said, Thy signet,
and thy bracelets, and thy staff that is in thine hand. And he gave it her,
and came in unto her, and she conceived by him.
[19] And she arose, and went away, and laid by her vail from her, and put on
the garments of her widowhood.
[20] And Judah sent the kid by the hand of his friend the Adullamite, to
receive his pledge from the woman's hand: but he found her not.
[21] Then he asked the men of that place, saying, Where is the harlot, that
was openly by the way side? And they said, There was no harlot in this
place.
[22] And he returned to Judah, and said, I cannot find her; and also the men
of the place said, that there was no harlot in this place.
[23] And Judah said, Let her take it to her, lest we be shamed: behold, I
sent this kid, and thou hast not found her.
[24] And it came to pass about three months after, that it was told Judah,
saying, Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold,
she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her
be burnt.
[25] When she was brought forth, she sent to her father in law, saying, By
the man, whose these are, am I with child: and she said, Discern, I pray
thee, whose are these, the signet, and bracelets, and staff.
[26] And Judah acknowledged them, and said, She hath been more righteous
than I; because that I gave her not to Shelah my son. And he knew her again
no more.
[27] And it came to pass in the time of her travail, that, behold, twins
were in her womb.
[28] And it came to pass, when she travailed, that the one put out his hand:
and the midwife took and bound upon his hand a scarlet thread, saying, This
came out first,
[29] And it came to pass, as he drew back his hand, that, behold, his
brother came out: and she said, How hast thou broken forth? this breach be
upon thee: therefore his name was called Pharez.
[30] And afterward came out his brother, that had the scarlet thread upon
his hand: and his name was called Zarah.

(And King David will be descendant of theirs)

GENESIS 39

Joseph and Potiphar's Wife

1 Now Joseph was brought down to Egypt, and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh,
captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him from the Ishmaelites
who had brought him down there.
2 The Lord was with Joseph, so that he became a prosperous man.
He was in the house of his master, the Egyptian.
3 His master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made all
that he did to prosper.
4 Joseph found favor in his sight and served him.
So he made him overseer over his house,
and all that he had he put under his charge.
5 From the time that he had made him overseer in his house
and over all that he had, the Lord blessed the Egyptian's house
on account of Joseph. So the blessing of the Lord was on all that
he had in the house and in the field.
6 So he left all that he had in Joseph's charge, and he had
no concerns regarding anything except the food he ate.
Now Joseph was handsome and well-built.
7 After a time, his master's wife took notice of Joseph and said,
"Lie with me."
8 But he refused and said to his master's wife, "My master does not
concern himself with anything concerning me in the house,
and he has committed all that he has to my charge.
9 There is none greater in this house than I.
He has kept nothing back from me but you, because you are his wife.
How then can I do this great wickedness and sin against God?"
10 She spoke to Joseph every day, but he did not listen to her
about lying with her or being with her.
11 But it happened one day that Joseph went into the house to do his work,
and none of the men of the house was there.
12 She caught him by his clothing, saying, "Lie with me."
But he left his clothing in her hand and fled and got outside.
13 When she saw that he had left his clothing in her hand
and had fled outside,
14 she called to the men of her house and spoke to them, saying,
"See, he has brought in a Hebrew among us to humiliate us.
He came in to me to lie with me, and I cried out with a loud voice.
15 When he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried out,
he left his clothing with me, fled, and got outside."
16 She laid up his clothing next to her until his master came home.
17 She spoke to him using these words, saying, "The Hebrew servant,
whom you have brought to us, came in to me to mock me.
18 When I lifted up my voice and cried out,
he left his clothing with me and fled outside."
19 When his master heard the words of his wife, which she spoke to him,
saying, "This is what your servant did to me," he became enraged.
20 Joseph's master took him and put him into the prison,
a place where the king's prisoners were confined.
So he was there in the prison. 21 But the Lord was with Joseph
and showed him mercy and gave him favor in
the sight of the keeper of the prison.
22 The keeper of the prison committed all the prisoners
that were in the prison to the charge of Joseph. So whatever
they did there, he was the one responsible for it.
23 The keeper of the prison did not concern himself with anything
that was under Joseph's charge because the Lord was with him.
And whatever he did, the Lord made it to prosper.

Genesis 39
[1] And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of
Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the
Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.
[2] And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in
the house of his master the Egyptian.
[3] And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made
all that he did to prosper in his hand.
[4] And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him
overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
[5] And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his
house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian's house
for Joseph's sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in
the house, and in the field.
[6] And he left all that he had in Joseph's hand; and he knew not ought he
had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and
well favoured.
[7] And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her
eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
[8] But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master
wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he
hath to my hand;
[9] There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back
any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do
this great wickedness, and sin against God?
[10] And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he
hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
[11] And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to
do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.
[12] And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his
garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
[13] And it came to pass, when she saw that he had left his garment in her
hand, and was fled forth,
[14] That she called unto the men of her house, and spake unto them, saying,
See, he hath brought in an Hebrew unto us to mock us; he came in unto me to
lie with me, and I cried with a loud voice:
[15] And it came to pass, when he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried,
that he left his garment with me, and fled, and got him out.
[16] And she laid up his garment by her, until his lord came home.
[17] And she spake unto him according to these words, saying, The Hebrew
servant, which thou hast brought unto us, came in unto me to mock me:
[18] And it came to pass, as I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left
his garment with me, and fled out.
[19] And it came to pass, when his master heard the words of his wife, which
she spake unto him, saying, After this manner did thy servant to me; that
his wrath was kindled.
[20] And Joseph's master took him, and put him into the prison, a place
where the king's prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.
[21] But the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour
in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
[22] And the keeper of the prison committed to Joseph's hand all the
prisoners that were in the prison; and whatsoever they did there, he was the
doer of it.
[23] The keeper of the prison looked not to any thing that was under his
hand; because the LORD was with him, and that which he did, the LORD made it
to prosper.

1 Chronicles 2

From Judah to David
3 (Ge 38:2-10; 46:12) The sons of Judah were
Er, Onan, and Shelah: These three were born to him by the daughter of Shua
the Canaanitess. Now Er, the firstborn of Judah, was evil in the sight
of the Lord, and He put him to death.
4 (Mt 1:3; Ge 38:13-30; Ru 4:12) Then Tamar his daughter-in-law bore
Perez and Zerah for him. In all, Judah had five sons.
5 (Ge 46:12; Nu 26:21) The sons of Perez were
Hezron and Hamul.
6 The sons of Zerah were
Zimri, Ethan, Heman, Kalkol, and Dara, five of them in all.
7 (Jos 6:18)The sons of Karmi were
Achar, the troubler of Israel, who acted unfaithfully in regard to the ban.
8 The son of Ethan was
Azariah.

3 The sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah: which three were born
unto him of the daughter of Shua the Canaanitess. And Er, the firstborn
of Judah, was evil in the sight of the LORD; and he slew him.
4 And Tamar his daughter in law bare him Pharez and Zerah.
All the sons of Judah were five.
5 The sons of Pharez; Hezron, and Hamul.
6 And the sons of Zerah;
Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara: five of them in all.
7 And the sons of Carmi; Achar, the troubler of Israel, who transgressed
in the thing accursed.
8 And the sons of Ethan; Azariah.

GENESIS 40

Joseph Interprets Dreams

1 Sometime after this, the cupbearer of the king of Egypt
and his baker offended their lord, the king of Egypt.
2 Pharaoh was angry with his two officials,
with the chief of the cupbearers and with the chief of the bakers.
3 So he put them in confinement in the house of the captain of the guard,
in the prison, the place where Joseph was confined.
4 The captain of the guard charged Joseph with them,
and he attended to them.
They continued to be in confinement for some time.
5 Then the cupbearer and the baker for the king of Egypt,
who were confined in the prison, both had a dream the same night,
each man with his own dream
and each dream with its own interpretation.
6 Joseph came in to them in the morning and looked at them
and realized they were sad.
7 So he asked Pharaoh's officials who were with him
in the care of his lord's house, saying, "Why do you look so sad today?"
8 And they said to him, "We have dreamed a dream,
and there is no interpreter for it."
Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God?
Please tell them to me."
9 The chief cupbearer told his dream to Joseph and said to him,
"In my dream, a vine was in front of me.
10 And in the vine there were three branches. As it budded,
its blossoms shot forth and its clusters brought forth ripe grapes.
11 Pharaoh's cup was in my hand, and I took the grapes,
and pressed them into Pharaoh's cup, and I put the cup into Pharaoh's hand."
12 Joseph said to him, "This is the interpretation of it. The three branches
are three days.
13 Within three days Pharaoh will lift up your head
and restore you to your place, and you will deliver Pharaoh's cup
into his hand in the same way you did before when you were his cupbearer.
14 But remember me when it is well with you, and show kindness,
I pray you, to me, and make mention of me to Pharaoh,
and get me out of this house.
15 For I was indeed kidnapped
out of the land of the Hebrews, and I have done nothing
that they should put me in the dungeon."
16 When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good,
he said to Joseph, "I also was in my dream,
and I had three white baskets on my head.
17 In the uppermost basket there was all manner of baked goods
for Pharaoh, and the birds ate them out of the basket on my head."
18 Joseph answered and said, "This is the interpretation: The three baskets
are three days. 19 Within three days Pharaoh will lift your head from off you
and will hang you on a tree, and the birds will eat your flesh from you."
20 It happened on the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday,
that he made a feast for all his servants. He lifted up the heads
of the chief cupbearer and the chief baker among his servants.
21 He restored the chief cupbearer to his position again,
and he put the cup into Pharaoh's hand.
22 However, he hanged the chief baker,
just as Joseph had interpreted to them.
23 Yet, the chief cupbearer did not remember Joseph, but forgot him.

Genesis 40
[1] And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of
Egypt and his baker had offended their lord the king of Egypt.
[2] And Pharaoh was wroth against two of his officers, against the chief of
the butlers, and against the chief of the bakers.
[3] And he put them in ward in the house of the captain of the guard, into
the prison, the place where Joseph was bound.
[4] And the captain of the guard charged Joseph with them, and he served
them: and they continued a season in ward.
[5] And they dreamed a dream both of them, each man his dream in one night,
each man according to the interpretation of his dream, the butler and the
baker of the king of Egypt, which were bound in the prison.
[6] And Joseph came in unto them in the morning, and looked upon them, and,
behold, they were sad.
[7] And he asked Pharaoh's officers that were with him in the ward of his
lord's house, saying, Wherefore look ye so sadly to day?
[8] And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no
interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong
to God? tell me them, I pray you.
[9] And the chief butler told his dream to Joseph, and said to him, In my
dream, behold, a vine was before me;
[10] And in the vine were three branches: and it was as though it budded,
and her blossoms shot forth; and the clusters thereof brought forth ripe
grapes:
[11] And Pharaoh's cup was in my hand: and I took the grapes, and pressed
them into Pharaoh's cup, and I gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand.
[12] And Joseph said unto him, This is the interpretation of it: The three
branches are three days:
[13] Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thine head, and restore
thee unto thy place: and thou shalt deliver Pharaoh's cup into his hand,
after the former manner when thou wast his butler.
[14] But think on me when it shall be well with thee, and shew kindness, I
pray thee, unto me, and make mention of me unto Pharaoh, and bring me out of
this house:
[15] For indeed I was stolen away out of the land of the Hebrews: and here
also have I done nothing that they should put me into the dungeon.
[16] When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good, he said unto
Joseph, I also was in my dream, and, behold, I had three white baskets on my
head:
[17] And in the uppermost basket there was of all manner of bakemeats for
Pharaoh; and the birds did eat them out of the basket upon my head.
[18] And Joseph answered and said, This is the interpretation thereof: The
three baskets are three days:
[19] Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and
shall hang thee on a tree; and the birds shall eat thy flesh from off thee.
[20] And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that
he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the
chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.
[21] And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave
the cup into Pharaoh's hand:
[22] But he hanged the chief baker: as Joseph had interpreted to them.
[23] Yet did not the chief butler remember Joseph, but forgat him.

(There is always later)

2) Our Daily Bread for 25 January 2023 entitled
Fighting "Flashy" Things</a>

Proverbs 22:1-6

1 (Ecc 7:1) A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches,
and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2 (Job 31:15; Pr 14:31) The rich and poor have this in common,
the Lord is the maker of them all.
3 (Pr 14:16; 27:12) A prudent man foresees the evil and hides himself,
but the simple pass on and are punished.
4 (Pr 21:21) By humility and the fear of the Lord
are riches, and honor, and life.
5 (Pr 15:19; 1Jn 5:18) Thorns and snares are in the way of the perverse;
he who guards his soul will be far from them.
6 (Eph 6:4; 2Ti 3:15) Train up a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not depart from it.

1 A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches,
And loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2 The rich and poor meet together:
The LORD is the maker of them all.
3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself:
But the simple pass on, and are punished.
4 By humility and the fear of the LORD
Are riches, and honour, and life.
5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward:
He that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.
6 Train up a child in the way he should go:
And when he is old, he will not depart from it.

In the 1960s-era TV series The Andy Griffith Show, a man tells Andy he should
let his son Opie decide how he wants to live. Andy disagrees: "You can't let a
young'un decide for himself. He’ll grab at the first flashy thing with shiny
ribbons on it. Then, when he finds out there's a hook in it, it's too late.
Wrong ideas come packaged with so much glitter that it’s hard to convince
them that other things might be better in the long run." He concludes that
it's important for parents to model right behavior
and help "keep temptation away."

Andy's words are related to the wisdom found in Proverbs: "Train up a child
in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."
(22:6). Although many may read these words as a promise, they're really a
guide. All of us are called to make our own decision to believe in Jesus.
But we can help lay a biblical foundation through our love for God
and Scripture. And we can pray that as the little ones under our care mature,
they choose to receive Christ as Savior and walk in His ways and not
"in the paths of the wicked" (v. 5).

Our own victory over "flashy things" through the Holy Spirit's enabling
is also powerful testimony. Jesus' Spirit helps us to withstand
temptation and molds our lives into examples worth imitating.

By: Alyson Kieda

Reflect & Pray

Why is it helpful to remember that Proverbs 22:6 isn't a promise
but a wise principle? Who can you help to "train up"?

Dear Father, help me to instill
Your values into the hearts of the children You've placed in my life.

3) Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 7 Promises of Grace - Day 4 - Giving and Receiving

Luke 6:38

38 "Give, and it will be given to you: Good measure, pressed down,
shaken together, and running over will men give unto you.
For with the measure you use, it will be measured unto you."

38 give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down,
and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.
For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured
to you again.

"Just give the Lord", the voice on the radio declared. "Give, and he will
give back to you, a hundredfold." The preacher went on to explain how
an old woman on social security had sent her last $10 to support his
ministry, and the next day she got an anonymous money order for
a $1000 . "The Lord will be faithful to his Word," the preacher
concluded. "You give, and you'll receive."
The Lord is, of course, faithful to his Word. But many well-meaning Christians
have interpreted Luke 6:38 as a "payment in kind" bargain with God:
if I give God my dollar, he's obliged to return it to me with interest.
This "seed-sowing" fallacy, where $20 supposedly becomes $2000 by
an act of divine, multiplication, has caused much
disappointment and frustration.
The "giving and receiving" principle is a valid one; the Lord does, indeed say
"Give, and it will be given to you," but he does not specify what the "return"
will be. The verse appears in the context of forgiveness, of not judging; the
principle is not investment, in any material sense, but generosity.
As we give, as few are compassionate with others, we take on the
character of the Lord himself. He is generous and giving, and he gives
to us as we give ourselves in love to others.

Application

a) Have I ever "given" to God to others as a bribe, to get something
in return?

b) What is God's concept of giving, as demonstrated
in the gift of Jesus Christ?

c) How can this verse help me to give more selflessly?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Luke 12:15

15 Then He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness.
For a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's
life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are Impatient

Ps 37:3-9

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land, and practice faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the Lord,
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass.
6 He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your judgment as the noonday.
7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
do not fret because of those who prosper in their way,
because of those who make wicked schemes.
8 Let go of anger, and forsake wrath;
do not fret-it surely leads to evil deeds.
9 For evildoers will be cut off,
but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the earth.

Bet
3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
So shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4 Delight thyself also in the LORD;
And he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Gimel
5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; Trust also in him;
And he shall bring it to pass.
6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
And thy judgment as the noonday.
Dalet
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:
Fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
He
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:
Fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off:
But those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
Remember God's promises when You pray

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

2015 Population - 4631302 Muslims about 136493

British Columbia - British Columbia's Muslim Population is growing constantly.
Every week there are immigrants ad refugees coming to the Greater Vancouver
and surrounding areas. There are also significant Muslim student populations
in our colleges and universities. Some have even suggested that there are
between 4000 and 5000 Saudi Arabian students alone, without counting all
other nationalities.

Greater Vancouver has an estimated 180000 Muslims, and there are significant
and growing communities in the Fraser Valley such as in Langley, Abbotsford,
Chilliwack, etc. Including these communities the total population for this
region is about 200000.
Of these, there are an estimated 100000 Iranians, 35000 Arabs, 15000 Ismailis,
more than 20000 Afghanis, 10000 South Asian Muslims, 3000 Turks, and small
numbers from other countries such as Sudan, Somalia, Albania, etc.
We are seeing some Muslims coming to Christ and we rejoice in that.
A few people also have some ongoing ministry to Muslims in the area,
for which we also rejoice. Let us agree in that

- the church will catch a vision to pray,
and a burden to train outreach to Muslims
- the church will press in to participate in effective
discipleship of these new Muslim background believers.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.

For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.

You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"

Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:

- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.
Acts 2:12-17 : 17 "In the last days it shall be," says God,
"that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.
18 Even on My menservants and maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in heaven above and signs on the earth below:
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke. 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
and the moon into blood, before that great and glorious day of the Lord comes.
21 And whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."[a]

Footnotes
Acts 2:21 Joel 2:28-32.
- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.
Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -
Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity
(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, ...) .

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

Day 25 of the Month

a) Pray that there will be a growing number of people in your city or
community trusting in Christ as Saviour and Lord.

(Acts 2: 41,47b

41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized,
and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
47 ... And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:
and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
47 ... And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
)

b) Pray that those who serve in the justice system will be agents of true
justice for all.

( Prov 11:1

1 A false balance is abomination to the Lord,
but a just weight is His delight.

1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD:
But a just weight is his delight.

)

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and Pray for every step you take

Pray to the Lord: "Dear Father, help me to instill
Your values into the hearts of the children You've placed in my life."

Pray to the Lord and pray to be a generous giver.

Pray to the Lord and pray not to be covetous.

Pray to the Lord and pray to do good in His sight.

Pray the church in BC will catch a vision to pray,
and a burden to train outreach to Muslims
Pray the church in BC will press in to participate in effective
discipleship of these new Muslim background believers.

Pray that there will be a growing number of people in your city or
community trusting in Christ as Saviour and Lord.

Pray that those who serve in the justice system will be agents of true
justice for all.

Pray for the wisdom of Christians who share the Gospel through social media
in Djibouti.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
Birthdate: 29 Jan 1969 Redhill, Surrey, England Beware https://mindspring.com