Day 31 of My 3rd Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Jan 31, 2023, 1:08:22 PM1/31/23
Day 31, 31 Jan 2023

1)
Exodus 4
Exodus 5
Exodus 6
1 Chronicles 5:1-3
1 Chronicles 4:24
1 Chronicles 6:16-30

EXODUS 4
Moses' Miraculous Signs
1 And Moses answered and said, "But they will not believe me,
nor listen to my voice. For they will say,
'The Lord has not appeared to you.' "
2 The Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?" And he said, "A rod."
3 He said, "Throw it on the ground." And he threw it on the ground,
and it became a serpent. Then Moses fled from it.
4 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Put forth your hand and take it by the tail."
And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand.
5 "This is so that they may believe that the Lord, the God of their fathers,
the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob,
has appeared to you."
6 The Lord said furthermore to him, "Now put your hand into your bosom."
He put his hand into his bosom, and when he took it out,
his hand was as leprous as snow.
7 He said, "Put your hand into your bosom again." So he put his hand
into his bosom again and brought it out of his bosom, and it was restored
like his other flesh.
8 "If they will not believe you, nor listen to the voice of the first sign,
then they may believe the voice of the latter sign.
9 But if they will not believe also these two signs or listen to your voice,
then you shall take water from the river and pour it on the dry land,
and the water which you take out of the river will
become blood on the dry land."
10 Then Moses said to the Lord, "O my Lord, I am not eloquent,
neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant.
But I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue."
11 The Lord said to him, "Who has made man's mouth?
Or who made the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind?
Have not I, the Lord?
12 Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you
what you must say."
13 He said, "O my Lord, send, I pray, by the hand of whomever else
You will send."
14 The anger of the Lord was inflamed against Moses, and He said,
"Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well.
And also, he comes out to meet you, and when he sees you,
he will be glad in his heart.
15 You shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth,
and I will be with your mouth, and with his mouth,
and will teach you what you must do.
16 What's more, he will be your spokesman to the people,
and he will be as a mouth for you, and you will be as God to him.
17 You must take this rod in your hand, with which you will perform the signs."

Exodus 4
[1] And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor
hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto
thee.
[2] And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A
rod.
[3] And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it
became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.
[4] And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the
tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his
hand:
[5] That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of
Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.
[6] And the LORD said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy
bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold,
his hand was leprous as snow.
[7] And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand
into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was
turned again as his other flesh.
[8] And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither
hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of
the latter sign.
[9] And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two
signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of
the river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest
out of the river shall become blood upon the dry land.
[10] And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither
heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of
speech, and of a slow tongue.
[11] And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh
the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
[12] Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what
thou shalt say.
[13] And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou
wilt send.
[14] And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is
not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also,
behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be
glad in his heart.
[15] And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will
be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.
[16] And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he
shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of
God.
[17] And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do
signs.

EXODUS 4
18 Moses went and returned to Jethro his father-in-law and said to him,
"Please let me go and return to my brothers who are in Egypt,
and see whether they be yet alive." And Jethro said to Moses, "Go in peace."
19 The Lord said to Moses in Midian, "Go, return to Egypt, for all the men
are dead who sought your life."
20 Moses took his wife and his sons
and set them on a donkey, and he returned to the land of Egypt.
And Moses took the rod of God in his hand.
21 The Lord said to Moses, "When you go to return into Egypt,
see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh,
which I have put in your hand, but I will harden his heart,
so that he shall not let the people go.
22 You shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the Lord: Israel is My son,
even My firstborn.
23 So I say to you, "Let My son go, that he may serve Me.
And if you refuse to let him go, I will slay your son, even your firstborn." ' "
24 At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met him and sought to kill him.
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son,
and threw it at his feet, and said, "Surely a bloody husband are you to me."
26 So He let him go. Then she said, "A bloody husband you are,
because of the circumcision."
27 Now the Lord said to Aaron, "Go into the wilderness to meet Moses."
So he went, and met him at the mount of God, and kissed him.
28 Moses told Aaron all the words of the Lord who had sent him,
and all the signs which He had commanded him.
29 Moses and Aaron went and gathered together
all the elders of the children of Israel.
30 And Aaron spoke all the words which the Lord had spoken
to Moses and did the signs in the sight of the people.
31 And the people believed. And when they heard that the Lord
had visited the children of Israel
and that He had looked on their affliction, they bowed down and worshipped.

[18] And Moses went and returned to Jethro his father in law, and said unto
him, Let me go, I pray thee, and return unto my brethren which are in Egypt,
and see whether they be yet alive. And Jethro said to Moses, Go in peace.
[19] And the LORD said unto Moses in Midian, Go, return into Egypt: for all
the men are dead which sought thy life.
[20] And Moses took his wife and his sons, and set them upon an ass, and he
returned to the land of Egypt: and Moses took the rod of God in his hand.
[21] And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see
that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine
hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.
[22] And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son,
even my firstborn:
[23] And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou
refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.
[24] And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and
sought to kill him.
[25] Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son,
and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
[26] So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of
the circumcision.
[27] And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And
he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him.
[28] And Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and
all the signs which he had commanded him.
[29] And Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the
children of Israel:
[30] And Aaron spake all the words which the LORD had spoken unto Moses, and
did the signs in the sight of the people.
[31] And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited
the children of Israel, and that he had looked upon their affliction, then
they bowed their heads and worshipped.

EXODUS 5

Bricks Without Straw

1 And afterward Moses and Aaron went in and said to Pharaoh,
"Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, 'Let My people go, that they
may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.' "
2 And Pharaoh said, "Who is the Lord that I should obey His voice
to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, nor will I let Israel go."
3 They said, "The God of the Hebrews has met with us.
Let us go, we pray you, three days' journey into the wilderness,
and sacrifice to the Lord our God, lest He fall upon us
with pestilence or with the sword."
4 But the king of Egypt said to them,
"Why do you, Moses and Aaron, take the people from their work?
Get back to your labor."
5 Pharaoh said, "Look, the people of the land now are numerous,
and you make them rest from their labor."
6 Pharaoh commanded the same day the taskmasters of the people
and their officers, saying,
7 "You shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as before.
Let them go and gather straw for themselves.
8 However, the quota of the bricks, which they were making previously,
you shall lay upon them. You shall not diminish any of it. For they are idle.
Therefore they cry out, saying, 'Let us go and sacrifice to our God.'
9 Let there be more work laid upon the men so that they may
labor therein, and let them not regard deceptive words."
10 The taskmasters of the people and their officers went out,
and they spoke to the people, saying, "Thus says Pharaoh,
' I will not give you straw. 11 Go, get straw where you can find it,
yet nothing of your work shall be diminished.'"
12 So the people scattered abroad throughout
all the land of Egypt to gather stubble for straw.
13 The taskmasters pushed them, saying, "Fulfill your works,
your daily tasks, just as when there was straw."
14 The officers of the children of Israel, which Pharaoh's
taskmasters had set over them, were beaten and were asked,
and demanded, "Why have you not fulfilled your task in making
brick both yesterday and today, as previously?"
15 Then the officers of the children of Israel came and cried to Pharaoh,
saying, "Why do you deal this way with your servants?
16 There is no straw being given to your servants, and they say to us,
'Make brick.' And indeed, your servants are beaten,
but the fault is in your own people."
17 But he said, "You are slackers! Slackers! Therefore you say,
'Let us go and do sacrifice to the Lord.'
18 Go therefore now and work, for there shall no straw be given you,
yet shall you deliver the quota of bricks."
19T he officers of the children of Israel saw that they were in trouble,
after it was said, "You shall not diminish anything
from your bricks of your daily task.'
20 Then they met Moses and Aaron, who stood in the way,
as they came forth from Pharaoh.
21 And they said to them, "May the Lord look on you and judge,
because you have made our scent stink in the estimation of Pharaoh
and in the estimation of his servants,
to put a sword in their hand to slay us."

God Promises Deliverance

22 Moses returned to the Lord, and said, "Lord, why have
You caused trouble for this people? Why is it that You have sent me?
23 For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in Your name,
he has done evil to this people; neither have You delivered Your people at
all."

Exodus 5
[1] And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the
LORD God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in
the wilderness.
[2] And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let
Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go.
[3] And they said, The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: let us go, we
pray thee, three days' journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the LORD
our God; lest he fall upon us with pestilence, or with the sword.
[4] And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron,
let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.
[5] And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye
make them rest from their burdens.
[6] And Pharaoh commanded the same day the taskmasters of the people, and
their officers, saying,
[7] Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as heretofore: let
them go and gather straw for themselves.
[8] And the tale of the bricks, which they did make heretofore, ye shall lay
upon them; ye shall not diminish ought thereof: for they be idle; therefore
they cry, saying, Let us go and sacrifice to our God.
[9] Let there more work be laid upon the men, that they may labour therein;
and let them not regard vain words.
[10] And the taskmasters of the people went out, and their officers, and
they spake to the people, saying, Thus saith Pharaoh, I will not give you
straw.
[11] Go ye, get you straw where ye can find it: yet not ought of your work
shall be diminished.
[12] So the people were scattered abroad throughout all the land of Egypt to
gather stubble instead of straw.
[13] And the taskmasters hasted them, saying, Fulfil your works, your daily
tasks, as when there was straw.
[14] And the officers of the children of Israel, which Pharaoh's taskmasters
had set over them, were beaten, and demanded, Wherefore have ye not
fulfilled your task in making brick both yesterday and to day, as
heretofore?
[15] Then the officers of the children of Israel came and cried unto
Pharaoh, saying, Wherefore dealest thou thus with thy servants?
[16] There is no straw given unto thy servants, and they say to us, Make
brick: and, behold, thy servants are beaten; but the fault is in thine own
people.
[17] But he said, Ye are idle, ye are idle: therefore ye say, Let us go and
do sacrifice to the LORD.
[18] Go therefore now, and work; for there shall no straw be given you, yet
shall ye deliver the tale of bricks.
[19] And the officers of the children of Israel did see that they were in
evil case, after it was said, Ye shall not minish ought from your bricks of
your daily task.
[20] And they met Moses and Aaron, who stood in the way, as they came forth
from Pharaoh:
[21] And they said unto them, The LORD look upon you, and judge; because ye
have made our savour to be abhorred in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes
of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to slay us.
[22] And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Lord, wherefore hast thou
so evil entreated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me?
[23] For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath done evil to
this people; neither hast thou delivered thy people at all.

EXODUS 6
1 (Ex 12:33; 12:39) Then the Lord said to Moses, "Now you shall see what
I will do to Pharaoh, for with a strong hand shall he let them go,
and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land."
2 (Isa 42:8; Mal 3:6) Then God spoke to Moses, and said to him,
"I am the Lord,
3 (Ps 83:18; Ge 17:1; Ps 68:4) and I appeared to Abraham,
to Isaac, and to Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by My name,
The Lord, I was not known to them.
4 (Ge 15:18; 28:4) I have also established
My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan,
the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they sojourned.
5 (Ex 2:24)
I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel,
whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant.
6 (Dt 26:8; 7:8; 1Ch 17:21) "Therefore say to the children of Israel:
'I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from
under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage,
and I will redeem you with a stretched-out arm and with great judgments.
7 (Dt 4:20; 7:6 ) And I will take you to Me for a people,
and I will be to you a God. And you shall know that I am the Lord your God,
who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8 (Ge 15:18; 26:3) I will bring you into the land, which I swore
to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, and I will give it to you
for a heritage. I am the Lord.' "
9 (Ex 5:21) Moses spoke so to the children of Israel,
but they did not listen to Moses on account of
their anguish of spirit and for cruel ­bondage.
10 The Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
11 "Go in, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt to let the children of Israel
go out of his land."
12 (Ex 4:10; 6:30) Moses spoke before the Lord, saying, "The children
of Israel have not listened to me. How then shall Pharaoh listen to me,
as I am of uncircumcised lips?"
13 And the Lord spoke to Moses and to Aaron, and gave them a command
for the children of Israel, and for Pharaoh, king of Egypt, to bring
the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.

The Genealogy of Moses and Aaron

14 (Ge 46:9; 1Ch 5:3 ) These are the heads of their fathers' houses:
The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel:
Hanok, Pallu, Hezron, and Karmi. These are the families of Reuben.
15 (Ge 46:10; 1Ch 4:24) The sons of Simeon: Jemuel, Jamin, Ohad,
Jakin, Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanite woman.
These are the families of Simeon.
16 (Ge 46:11; Nu 3:17) These are the names of the sons of Levi
according to their generations: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari,
and the years of the life of Levi were one hundred and thirty-seven years.
17 (1Ch 6:17; Nu 3:18) The sons of Gershon: Libni, and Shimei,
according to their families.
18 (1Ch 6:2; 6:18) The sons of Kohath: Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel,
and the years of the life of Kohath were one hundred and thirty-three years.
19 (Nu 3:20; 1Ch 6:19) The sons of Merari: Mahli and Mushi.
These are the families of Levi according to their generations.
20 (Ex 2:1-2; Nu 26:59) Now Amram married Jochebed his father's sister,
and she bore him Aaron and Moses.
And the years of the life of Amram were one hundred and thirty-seven years.
21 (Nu 16:1; 1Ch 6:37-38) The sons of Izhar: Korah, Nepheg, and Zikri.
22 (Lev 10:4; Nu 3:30) The sons of Uzziel: Mishael, Elzaphan, and Sithri.
23 (Ru 4:19-20; Nu 1:7) Aaron took to himself Elisheba,
daughter of Amminadab, sister of Nahshon, to wife;
and she bore him Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
24 (1Ch 6:22-23) The sons of Korah: Assir, Elkanah, and Abiasaph.
These are the families of the Ko­rah­ites.
25 (Jos 24:33; Nu 25:7-13) Eleazar, Aaron's son,
married one of the daughters of Putiel, and she bore him Phinehas.
These are the heads of the fathers of the Levites according to their families.
26 (Ex 7:4; 12:17) It was that Aaron and Moses to whom the Lord said,
"Bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt
according to their armies."
27 They are the ones who spoke to Pharaoh king of Egypt
to bring out the children of Israel from Egypt. It was that Moses and Aaron.

Aaron to Speak for Moses

28 On the day when the Lord spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt,
29 (Ex 6:11; 7:2) the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, "I am the Lord.
Speak to Pharaoh the king of Egypt all that I say to you."
30 (Ex 6:12; 4:10) However, Moses said before the Lord,
"Listen! I am unskilled in speech, so how will Pharaoh listen to me?"

Exodus 6
[1] Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to
Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand
shall he drive them out of his land.
[2] And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
[3] And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of
God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
[4] And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land
of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
[5] And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the
Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
[6] Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will
bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you
out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and
with great judgments:
[7] And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and
ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under
the burdens of the Egyptians.
[8] And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear
to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an
heritage: I am the LORD.
[9] And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not
unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.
[10] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
[11] Go in, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, that he let the children of
Israel go out of his land.
[12] And Moses spake before the LORD, saying, Behold, the children of Israel
have not hearkened unto me; how then shall Pharaoh hear me, who am of
uncircumcised lips?
[13] And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, and gave them a charge
unto the children of Israel, and unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring the
children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
[14] These be the heads of their fathers' houses: The sons of Reuben the
firstborn of Israel; Hanoch, and Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi: these be the
families of Reuben.
[15] And the sons of Simeon; Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and
Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanitish woman: these are the families of
Simeon.
[16] And these are the names of the sons of Levi according to their
generations; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari: and the years of the life of
Levi were an hundred thirty and seven years.
[17] The sons of Gershon; Libni, and Shimi, according to their families.
[18] And the sons of Kohath; Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel: and
the years of the life of Kohath were an hundred thirty and three years.
[19] And the sons of Merari; Mahali and Mushi: these are the families of
Levi according to their generations.
[20] And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare
him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and
thirty and seven years.
[21] And the sons of Izhar; Korah, and Nepheg, and Zichri.
[22] And the sons of Uzziel; Mishael, and Elzaphan, and Zithri.
[23] And Aaron took him Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab, sister of Naashon,
to wife; and she bare him Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
[24] And the sons of Korah; Assir, and Elkanah, and Abiasaph: these are the
families of the Korhites.
[25] And Eleazar Aaron's son took him one of the daughters of Putiel to
wife; and she bare him Phinehas: these are the heads of the fathers of the
Levites according to their families.
[26] These are that Aaron and Moses, to whom the LORD said, Bring out the
children of Israel from the land of Egypt according to their armies.
[27] These are they which spake to Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring out the
children of Israel from Egypt: these are that Moses and Aaron.
[28] And it came to pass on the day when the LORD spake unto Moses in the
land of Egypt,
[29] That the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, I am the LORD: speak thou unto
Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say unto thee.
[30] And Moses said before the LORD, Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and
how shall Pharaoh hearken unto me?

1 Chronicles 5:1-3

Sons of Reuben

1 (Ge 29:32; 35:22) Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel
(for he was the firstborn, but since he defiled his father's bed,
his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph the son of Israel,
so that the genealogy is not listed according to the birthright;
2 (Mic 5:2; Mt 2:6; Ge 49:8-10 ) though Judah prevailed
over his brothers and a ruler came from him,
yet the birthright belonged to Joseph),
3 (Ge 46:9; Ex 6:14; Nu 26:5-9) the sons of Reuben the firstborn
of Israel were Hanok, Pallu, Hezron, and Karmi.

[1] Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he was the
firstborn; but, forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was
given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is not to
be reckoned after the birthright.
[2] For Judah prevailed above his brethren, and of him came the chief ruler;
but the birthright was Joseph's:)
[3] The sons, I say, of Reuben the firstborn of Israel were, Hannoch, and
Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi.

1 Chronicles 4:24

Jos 19:2-10

24 (Ge 46:10) The sons of Simeon were
Nemuel, Jamin, Jarib, Zerah, Shaul,

[24] The sons of Simeon were, Nemuel, and Jamin, Jarib, Zerah, and Shaul:

1 Chronicles 6:16-30

16 Ex 6:16The sons of Levi were Gershom, Kohath, and Merari.
17 (1Ch 23:7) These are the names of the sons of Gershom: Libni and Shimei.
18 (1Ch 23:12) The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel.
19 (1Ch 23:21; 24:26) The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi.
Now these are the families of the Levites according to their fathers.
20 Of Gershom were Libni his son, Jahath his son, Zimmah his son,
21Joah his son, Iddo his son, Zerah his son, and Jeatherai his son.
22 (Ex 6:24) The sons of Kohath were
Amminadab his son, Korah his son, Assir his son,
23 Elkanah his son, Ebiasaph his son, Assir his son,
24 Tahath his son, Uriel his son, Uzziah his son, and Shaul his son.
25 The sons of Elkanah were Amasai and Ahimoth.
26 (1Sa 1:1) As for Elkanah, the sons of Elkanah were Zophai his son,
Nahath his son,
27 (1Sa 1:1) Eliab his son, Jeroham his son, and Elkanah his son.
28 (1Sa 8:2; 1Ch 6:33) The sons of Samuel were the firstborn Joel and Abijah.
29 (1Ch 6:19)The sons of Merari were Mahli, Libni his son,
Shimei his son, Uzzah his son,
30 Shimea his son, Haggiah his son, and Asaiah his son.

1 Chronicles 6:16-30

16 The sons of Levi; Gershom, Kohath, and Merari.
17 And these be the names of the sons of Gershom; Libni, and Shimei.
18 And the sons of Kohath were, Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel.
19 The sons of Merari; Mahli, and Mushi. And these are the families
of the Levites according to their fathers.
20 Of Gershom; Libni his son, Jahath his son, Zimmah his son,
21 Joah his son, Iddo his son, Zerah his son, Jeaterai his son.
22 The sons of Kohath; Amminadab his son, Korah his son, Assir his son,
23 Elkanah his son, and Ebiasaph his son, and Assir his son,
24 Tahath his son, Uriel his son, Uzziah his son, and Shaul his son.
25 And the sons of Elkanah; Amasai, and Ahimoth.
26 As for Elkanah: the sons of Elkanah; Zophai his son, and Nahath his son,
27 Eliab his son, Jeroham his son, Elkanah his son.
28 And the sons of Samuel; the firstborn Vashni, and Abiah.
29 The sons of Merari; Mahli, Libni his son, Shimei his son, Uzza his son,
30 Shimea his son, Haggiah his son, Asaiah his son.

2) Our Daily Bread for 31 January 2023 entitled
Sustainer of Blessings </a>

Deuteronomy 8:10-18

10 (Ps 103:2; Dt 6:11-12) When you have eaten and are full,
then you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land
which He has given you.
11 Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping
His commandments, and His judgments, and His statutes, which I am
commanding you today.
12 (Pr 30:9; Dt 28:47) Otherwise, when you have eaten
and are full and have built and occupied good houses,
13 and when your herds and your flocks multiply,
and your silver and your gold multiply,
and all that you have multiplies,
14 (Ps 106:21; Dt 8:11) then your heart will become proud and you will
forget the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt,
from the house of slavery,
15 (Nu 20:11; 21:6) who led you through that great and terrible wilderness,
where there were fiery serpents and scorpions and drought,
where there was no water, who brought forth for you water
out of the rock of flint,
16 (Ex 16:15; Dt 8:3) who fed you in the wilderness with manna,
which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you
and that He might prove you, to do good for you in the end.
17 (Dt 9:4) Otherwise, you may say in your heart,
"My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth."
18 (Pr 10:22; Hos 2:8) But you must remember the Lord your God,
for it is He who gives you the ability to get wealth,
so that He may establish His covenant which He swore
to your fathers, as it is today.

[10] When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the LORD thy
God for the good land which he hath given thee.
[11] Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his
commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this
day:
[12] Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses,
and dwelt therein;
[13] And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold
is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied;
[14] Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which
brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;
[15] Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness, wherein were
fiery serpents, and scorpions, and drought, where there was no water; who
brought thee forth water out of the rock of flint;
[16] Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not,
that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at
thy latter end;
[17] And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath
gotten me this wealth.
[18] But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee
power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto
thy fathers, as it is this day.

On January 15, 1919, a huge molasses tank burst in Boston. A fifteen-foot
wave of more than two million gallons of molasses careened through the
street at over 30 mph, sweeping away railcars, buildings, people, and animals.
Molasses might seem harmless enough, but that day it was deadly:
21 people lost their lives with more than 150 injured.

Sometimes even good things-like molasses-can overwhelm us unexpectedly.
Before the Israelites entered the land God promised them, Moses warned the
people to be careful not to take credit for the good things they'd receive:
"Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses,
and dwelt therein;
And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold
is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied;
Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which
brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; . . . , And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine
hand hath gotten me this wealth.
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee
power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto
thy fathers, as it is this day. " They weren't to attribute this wealth to their own strength or capabilities. (Deuteronomy 8:12–14, 17–18).

All good things-including physical health and the skills needed to earn a
living-are blessings from the hand of our loving God. Even when we've worked
hard, it's He who sustains us. Oh, to hold our blessings with open hands,
that we may gratefully praise God for His kindness to us!

By: James Banks

Reflect & Pray

What kindnesses from God are you thankful for today?
Who can you help with a blessing you've received?

Thank You, Father, for sustaining me every moment.
Please help me to recognise Your kindness,
so I may share it with others.

For further study, read
Compassion: Learning to Love Like Jesus. </a>

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 8 Guided by Grace Day 3 - The Promise of Completion

Philippians 1:6

6 (1Co 1:8; Jn 6:29) I am confident of this very thing,
that He who began a good work in you will perfect it
until the day of Jesus Christ.

6 being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun
a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

"Elizabeth is a good student", the note on the side of the report card read,
"but she doesn't finish what she starts. She has a lot of good ideas, but
rarely brings then to completion."
Many of us are like Elizabeth. We start into a new venture with high hopes
and great motivation. But somewhere along the way, we become discouraged.
Someone tells us that our ideas are stupid, or that we are not capable of
doing what we dream. We get a particularly difficult hurdle and give up.
Sometimes we fell the Christian like is like that, too. We start well, and
believe that in Christ we can accomplish anything. But then our prayers
become rote, our Bible reading ritual. We can't seem to regain that sense
of God's presence; we have, we conclude, "Lost our first love." (Rev 2)
But God has a different perspective. He began the work of salvation in us;
he leads and guides us in his will, and he will complete what he has begun.
Often we fail to see God's grace in the ongoing process of walking with him
because his agenda is different from ours. We know what we want to see
happen in our lives; God knows what needs to happen.
"When I fist came into a relationship with Christ," one woman explained,
"I knew I had a lot of changing to do. But, strangely enough, the things God
changed weren't on my list at all!"
When God begins his work in our lives, he has a plan for our maturity.
He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. And what God
has begun, he will finish.

Application

a) Have I ever tried to "decide" for God what problems in my life
needed dealing with?

b) Has God ever pointed out issues that were a surprise to me?

c) How can today's verse help me relax in God's will and
have confidence in the direction of my life?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Luke 6:38

38 "Give, and it will be given to you: Good measure, pressed down,
shaken together, and running over will men give unto you.
For with the measure you use, it will be measured unto you."

38 give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down,
and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For
with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are Burdened by Doubt

Proverbs 30:5

5 Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.

5 Every word of God is pure:
He is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

2015 Population - 4631302 Muslims about 136493

British Columbia - British Columbia's Muslim Population is growing constantly.
Every week there are immigrants ad refugees coming to the Greater Vancouver
and surrounding areas. There are also significant Muslim student populations
in our colleges and universities. Some have even suggested that there are
between 4000 and 5000 Saudi Arabian students alone, without counting all
other nationalities.

Greater Vancouver has an estimated 180000 Muslims, and there are significant
and growing communities in the Fraser Valley such as in Langley, Abbotsford,
Chilliwack, etc. Including these communities the total population for this
region is about 200000.
Of these, there are an estimated 100000 Iranians, 35000 Arabs, 15000 Ismailis,
more than 20000 Afghanis, 10000 South Asian Muslims, 3000 Turks, and small
numbers from other countries such as Sudan, Somalia, Albania, etc.
We are seeing some Muslims coming to Christ and we rejoice in that.
A few people also have some ongoing ministry to Muslims in the area,
for which we also rejoice. Let us agree in that

- the church will catch a vision to pray,
and a burden to train outreach to Muslims
- the church will press in to participate in effective
discipleship of these new Muslim background believers.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.

For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.

You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"

Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:

- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.
Acts 2:12-17 : 17 "In the last days it shall be," says God,
"that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.
18 Even on My menservants and maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in heaven above and signs on the earth below:
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke. 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
and the moon into blood, before that great and glorious day of the Lord comes.
21 And whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."[a]

Footnotes
Acts 2:21 Joel 2:28-32.
- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.
Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -
Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity
(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, ...) .

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord that you will speak out again injustice.

Pray to the Lord: "Thank You, Father, for sustaining me every moment.
Please help me to recognise Your kindness,
so I may share it with others."

Pray to the Lord and pray for to complete His unfinished work in you.

Pray to the Lord and remember He will bless you.

Pray to the Lord and remember His word is pure.

Pray the church in BC will catch a vision to pray,
and a burden to train outreach to Muslims
Pray the church in BC will press in to participate in effective
discipleship of these new Muslim background believers.

Pray for foreign missionaries in Turkey, who face deportation if they
are suspected of condicting ministry services.

Pray to the Lord that to know the Holy Spirit.
and Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness

Remember eternity starts now -
Pray for the direction you take to the Ever lasting loving God
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
We are not perfect in the body until we are perfect in the mind. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com