Day 34 of MY 3rd Bible Study Journey

The Doctor

Feb 3, 2023, 5:29:08 PM2/3/23
Day 34, 3 Feb 2023

1)
Exodus 13-15

Exodus 13 - 15

EXODUS 13

Consecration of the Firstborn

1 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
2 (Nu 3:13; Dt 15:19) Sanctify unto Me all the firstborn,
the firstborn of every womb among the children of Israel,
both of man and of beast. It is Mine.

( THE Lord's not the Church)

The Feast of Unleavened Bread

3 (Ex 6:1; Dt 16:3) Moses said to the people,
"Remember this day, in which you came out from Egypt,
out of the house of bondage, for by strength of hand the Lord brought
you out from this place. Nothing leavened shall be eaten.
4 (Ex 23:15; 34:18) On this day, you are going out, in the month of Aviv.
5 (Ex 3:8; 6:8; 12:25-26) It shall be when the Lord brings you into
the land of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites
and the Hivites and the Jebusites, which He swore to your fathers
to give you, a land flowing with milk and honey, that you shall keep
this ceremony in this month.
6 (Ex 12:15 -20) Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread,
and on the seventh day shall be a feast to the Lord.
7 (Ex 12:19) Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days. And there
shall be no leavened bread seen among you, nor shall there be leaven
seen among you in all your borders.
8 (Ex 13:14; Ps 44:1) You shall declare to your son on that day, saying,
- 'This is done because of that which the Lord did for me
when I came forth out of Egypt.'
9 (Dt 6:8; Ex 12:14) It shall be as a sign to you on your hand
and as a memorial on your forehead, in order that the Lord's law
may be in your mouth. For with a strong hand the Lord brought
you out of Egypt.
10 (Ex 12:14) You shall, therefore, keep this ordinance
at its appointed time from year to year.

The Law of the Firstborn

11 "It shall be when the Lord brings you into the land of the Canaanites,
just as He swore to you and to your fathers, and shall give it you,
12 (Nu 18:15; Ex 34:19; Lev 27:26) that you shall set apart to the Lord
the first offspring of every womb and
the first offspring of every beast which you have.
The males shall be the Lord's.
13 (Ex 34:20; Nu 18:15-17) But every first offspring of a donkey
you shall redeem with a lamb.
And if you do not redeem it, then you shall break its neck,
and all the firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem.
14 (Jos 4:6; Ex 13:3) "It shall be when your son asks you in time to come,
saying, 'What is this?' that you shall say to him, 'With a strong hand
the Lord brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage.
15 (Ex 12:29) And when Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go,
that the Lord killed all the firstborn in the land of Egypt,
both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast.
Therefore, I sacrifice to the Lord the first male offspring
of every womb, but all the firstborn of my sons I redeem.'
16 (Ex 13:9; 13:14) It shall be as a sign on your hand
and as frontlets on your forehead,
for with a strong hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt."

(Jesus was a firstborn to Mary and Joseph)

The Route of the Exodus

17 (Nu 14:1-4; Ex 14:11-12) Now when Pharaoh had let the people go,
God did not lead them through the way of the land of the Philistines,
although it was nearby. For God said, "Lest the people change their
minds when they see war, and they return to Egypt."
18 (Ex 14:2; Nu 33:6-8) Therefore, God led the people around,
through the way of the wilderness to the Red Sea,
and the children of Israel went up prepared for war out of the land of Egypt.
19 (Jos 24:32; Ac 7:16) Moses took the bones of Joseph with him,
for he had made the children of Israel solemnly swear, saying,
"God will surely attend to you,
and you shall carry my bones away from here with you."
20 They took their journey from Sukkoth and camped in Etham,
on the edge of the wilderness.
21 (Dt 1:33; Ne 9:12) The Lord went before them by day in
a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way,
and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light,
so that they might travel by day and by night.
22 He did not remove the pillar of cloud by day
or the pillar of fire by night from before the people.

Exodus 13
[1] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
[2] Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among
the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine.
[3] And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out
from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD
brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.
[4] This day came ye out in the month Abib.
[5] And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the
Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Hivites, and the
Jebusites, which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee, a land flowing with
milk and honey, that thou shalt keep this service in this month.
[6] Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall
be a feast to the LORD.
[7] Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened
bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all
thy quarters.
[8] And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of
that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt.
[9] And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial
between thine eyes, that the LORD's law may be in thy mouth: for with a
strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
[10] Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to
year.
[11] And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the
Canaanites, as he sware unto thee and to thy fathers, and shall give it
thee,
[12] That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix,
and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall
be the LORD's.
[13] And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if
thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the
firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.
[14] And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What
is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought
us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:
[15] And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD
slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and
the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth
the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.
[16] And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between
thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt.
[17] And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led
them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was
near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war,
and they return to Egypt:
[18] But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the
Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of
Egypt.
[19] And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn
the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall
carry up my bones away hence with you.
[20] And they took their journey from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, in the
edge of the wilderness.
[21] And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead
them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by
day and night:
[22] He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire
by night, from before the people.

EXODUS 14

Crossing the Red Sea

1 Now the Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
2 (Jer 44:1; Nu 33:7-8) Speak to the children of Israel, so that they turn
and camp before Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea,
before Baal Zephon. Opposite it you shall camp by the sea.
3 For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel,
"They are confused in the land. The wilderness has shut them in."
4 (Ex 7:5; Ro 9:17) So I will harden Pharaoh's heart,
so that he shall pursue them.
And I will be honored because of Pharaoh
and because of all his army,
so that the Egyptians may know that I am the Lord. And they did so.
5 (Ps 105:25) When it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled,
the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people,
and they said, "Why have we done this,
that we have let Israel go from serving us?"
6 So he made ready his chariot and took his people with him.
7 (Ex 15:4) And he took six hundred select chariots,
and all the chariots of Egypt, and officers over every one of them.
8 (Nu 33:3; Ac 13:17) The Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt,
and he pursued after the children of Israel. However, the children of Israel
went out with confidence.
9 (Ex 15:9; Jos 24:6) But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses
and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, a
nd overtook them camping by the sea, beside Pi Hahiroth, before Baal Zephon.
10 (Jos 24:7; Ne 9:9) When Pharaoh drew near,
the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and indeed,
the Egyptians were marching after them,
and they were extremely terrified,
so the children of Israel cried out to the Lord.
11 (Ps 106:7-8) Then they said to Moses,
"Is it because there were no graves in Egypt
that you have taken us away to die in the wilderness?
Why have you dealt with us in this way, bringing us out of Egypt?
12 (Ex 5:21) Is not this the word that we spoke to you in Egypt,
saying, 'Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians'?
For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians
than to die in the wilderness."
(Oh how courage can melt away in the greatness of aversity)
13 (Ex 14:30; 2Ch 20:17; 20:15) But Moses said to the people,
"Fear not! Stand firm! And see the salvation of the Lord,
which He will show you today. For the Egyptians
whom you have seen today, you shall never see again.
14 (Ex 14:25; Dt 1:30) The Lord shall fight for you,
while you hold your peace."
(The Lord is always on our side fighting for us)
15 The Lord said to Moses, "Why do you cry out to Me?
Speak to the children of Israel, so that they go forward.
16 (Ex 4:17; 7:19) And as for you, lift up your rod,
and stretch out your hand over the sea, and divide it;
then the children of Israel shall go on dry ground
through the midst of the sea.
17 (Ex 14:4; 14:8) As for Me, surely,
I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians,
so that they shall follow them,
and I will be honored through Pharaoh,
through all his army, his chariots, and his horsemen.
18 (Ex 7:5) Then the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord
when I am honored through Pharaoh, his chariots, and his horsemen."
19 (Ex 13:21-22; 32:34) Then the angel of God, which went
before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them,
and the pillar of the cloud moved before them and stood behind them.
20 So it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel,
and there was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night.
Therefore, the one did not come near the other the entire night.
21 (Ex 15:8; Ps 74:13) Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea,
and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night,
and made the sea dry land, so that the waters were divided.
22 (Ex 15:19; Ps 66:6) The children of Israel went into the midst of the sea
on the dry ground, and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand,
and on their left.
23 (Ex 14:17) Then the Egyptians pursued and went in after them into
the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots,
and his horsemen.
24 And in the morning watch the Lord looked down on the army of the Egyptians
through the pillar of fire and of the cloud a
nd threw the camp of the Egyptians into confusion.
25 (Ex 14:14) He removed their chariot wheels,
so that they drove them with difficulty,
and the Egyptians said, "Let us flee from the face of Israel,
for the Lord is fighting for them against Egypt."
26 (Ex 14:16) Then the Lord said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand
over the sea, so that the waters may come back upon the Egyptians,
upon their chariots, and their horsemen."
27 (Jos 4:18; Ps 78:53) So Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea,
and the sea returned to its normal place when the morning appeared,
while the Egyptians fled against it, so the Lord overthrew the Egyptians
in the midst of the sea.
28 (Ps 78:53; Hab 3:8-10) The waters returned and covered the chariots,
and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that
came into the sea after them.
There remained not so much as one of them.
29 (Ex 14:22) But the children of Israel walked on dry land
in the midst of the sea. And the waters were a wall to them
on their right hand and on their left.
30 (Ps 106:8; 106:10) Thus the Lord saved Israel that day
from the hand of the Egyptians,
and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the seashore.
31 (Jn 2:11; 11:45) When Israel saw the great power which the Lord
used upon the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord,
and they believed in the Lord and in His servant Moses.

(Let the Lord work within you)

Exodus 14
[1] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
[2] Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before
Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baal-zephon: before it
shall ye encamp by the sea.
[3] For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, They are entangled in
the land, the wilderness hath shut them in.
[4] And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and
I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians
may know that I am the LORD. And they did so.
[5] And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of
Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said,
Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?
[6] And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him:
[7] And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt,
and captains over every one of them.
[8] And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued
after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an
high hand.
[9] But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of
Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the
sea, beside Pi-hahiroth, before Baal-zephon.
[10] And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their
eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore
afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD.
[11] And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast
thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus
with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
[12] Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us
alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to
serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
[13] And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the
salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians
whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
[14] The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
[15] And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto
the children of Israel, that they go forward:
[16] But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and
divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the
midst of the sea.
[17] And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they
shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his
host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
[18] And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me
honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
[19] And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and
went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face,
and stood behind them:
[20] And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel;
and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to
these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.
[21] And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the
sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry
land, and the waters were divided.
[22] And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry
ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on
their left.
[23] And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the
sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.
[24] And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the
host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and
troubled the host of the Egyptians,
[25] And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so
that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD
fighteth for them against the Egyptians.
[26] And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that
the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon
their horsemen.
[27] And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned
to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against
it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.
[28] And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen,
and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there
remained not so much as one of them.
[29] But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the
sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their
left.
[30] Thus the LORD saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians;
and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore.
[31] And Israel saw that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians:
and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant
Moses.

EXODUS 15

A Song of Moses

1 (Ps 106:12; Rev 15:3) Then Moses and the children of Israel sang
this song to the Lord and spoke, saying:
"I will sing to the Lord,
for He has triumphed gloriously!
He has thrown the horse and his rider
into the sea!
2 (Isa 12:2; Ex 3:15-16 )The Lord is my strength and song,
and He has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise Him;
my father's God, and I will exalt Him.
3 (Ps 24:8; 83:18 ) The Lord is a man of war;
the Lord is His name.
4 Pharaoh's chariots and his army
He has thrown into the sea;
his chosen captains also
are drowned in the Red Sea.
5 (Ne 9:11; Ex 14:28 )The depths have covered them;
they sank to the bottom like a stone.
6 (Ps 118:15-16; 2:9) "Your right hand, O Lord,
is glorious in power.
Your right hand, O Lord,
shatters the enemy.
7 (Isa 5:24; Dt 33:26) In the greatness of Your excellence,
You overthrow those who rise up against You.
You send out Your wrath;
it consumes them like stubble.
8 (Ps 78:13; Ex 14:21-22) With the blast of Your nostrils
the waters were gathered together.
The flowing waters stood upright as a heap;
and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.
9 (Jdg 5:30; Isa 53:12) "The enemy said,
'I will pursue. I will overtake.
I will divide the spoil;
my lust shall be satisfied upon them.
I will draw my sword,
my hand shall destroy them.'
10 (Ex 14:21; 15:5 ) You blew with Your wind,
and the sea covered them;
they sank like lead
in the mighty waters.
11 (Dt 3:24; Isa 6:3 ) "Who is like You, O Lord, among the gods?
Who is like You,
glorious in holiness,
fearful in praises,
doing wonders?
12 You stretched out Your right hand,
and the earth swallowed them.
13 (Ps 77:20) "In Your mercy You have led
the people whom You have redeemed;
You have guided them by Your strength
to Your holy dwelling.
14 (Nu 14:14; Dt 2:25) The peoples have heard and are afraid;
sorrow has taken hold on the inhabitants of Philistia.
15 (Jos 5:1; 2:9) Then the chiefs of Edom were amazed;
the mighty men of Moab, trembling takes hold of them;
all the inhabitants of Canaan are melted away.
16 (Ps 74:2; Dt 2:25) Fear and dread fall upon them;
by the greatness of Your arm
they are as still as a stone,
until Your people pass over, O Lord,
until the people whom You have purchased pass over.
17 (Ps 44:2; 80:8) You shall bring them in, and plant them
on the mountain of Your inheritance,
in the place, O Lord, which You have made for Your dwelling,
in the sanctuary, O Lord, which Your hands have established.
18 (Ps 10:16; 29:10) The Lord will reign
forever and ever."
19 (Ex 14:28-29) For the horses of Pharaoh went in with his chariots
and with his horsemen into the sea, and the Lord brought back the waters
of the sea upon them, but the children of Israel walked
on dry land in the midst of the sea.

The Song of Miriam

20 (Jdg 11:34; 1Sa 18:6; Nu 26:59) Miriam the prophetess,
the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand,
and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dancing.
21 (Ex 15:1) Miriam answered them,
"Sing to the Lord,
for He triumphed gloriously!
The horse and his rider
He has hurled into the sea."

The Waters of Marah and Elim

22 (Ge 16:7; 25:18) Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea,
and they went out into the Wilderness of Shur,
and they went three days in the wilderness and found no water.
23 (Nu 33:8; Ru 1:20) When they came to Marah,
they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter.
Therefore, the name of it was called Marah.
24 (Ex 16:2; 14:11) So the people murmured against Moses,
saying, "What shall we drink?"
25 (Ex 14:10; Jdg 3:4) And he cried to the Lord, and the Lord showed him
a tree. When he had thrown it into the waters, the waters were made sweet.
There He made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there He tested them.
26 (Dt 7:15; Ex 23:25; Dt 28:60) He said, "If you diligently listen
to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in His sight,
and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes,
I will not afflict you with any of the diseases with which
I have afflicted the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you."
27 (Nu 33:9) Then they came to Elim,
where there were twelve wells of water and seventy palm trees,
and they camped there by the waters.

Exodus 15
[1] Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and
spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously:
the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
[2] The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is
my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will
exalt him.
[3] The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
[4] Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen
captains also are drowned in the Red sea.
[5] The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.
[6] Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O
LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.
[7] And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that
rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as
stubble.
[8] And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together,
the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the
heart of the sea.
[9] The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil;
my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall
destroy them.
[10] Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead
in the mighty waters.
[11] Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee,
glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
[12] Thou stretchedst out thy right hand, the earth swallowed them.
[13] Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed:
thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation.
[14] The people shall hear, and be afraid: sorrow shall take hold on the
inhabitants of Palestina.
[15] Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab,
trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall
melt away.
[16] Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they
shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the
people pass over, which thou hast purchased.
[17] Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine
inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell
in, in the Sanctuary, O Lord, which thy hands have established.
[18] The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.
[19] For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his
horsemen into the sea, and the LORD brought again the waters of the sea upon
them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.
[20] And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her
hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.
[21] And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed
gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
[22] So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the
wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no
water.
[23] And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of
Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
[24] And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
[25] And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when
he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for
them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
[26] And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy
God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his
commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases
upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that
healeth thee.
[27] And they came to Elim, where were twelve wells of water, and threescore
and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.

2) Our Daily Bread for 3 February 2023 titled
We are strangers </a>

Leviticus 19:32-37

32 (Lev 19:14; La 5:12) You shall rise up before a gray head,
and honor the face of an old man, and fear your God: I am the Lord.
33 (Ex 22:21; 23:9) When a foreigner sojourns with you in your land,
you shall not do him wrong.
34 (Lev 19:18; Dt 10:19) The foreigner who dwells with you shall be
to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself
for you were foreigners in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
35 (Dt 25:13; 25:15) You shall do no unrighteousness in judgment
regarding measures in length, weight, or quantity.
36 (Ex 20:2; Pr 11:1) You shall have honest balances, honest weights,
an honest ephah,(A dry measure of about 3/5 of a bushel, or 22 liters.)
and an honest hin:(A liquid measure of about 1 gallon, or 3.8 liters.)
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.
37 (Lev 18:4-5) Therefore you shall observe all My statutes
and all My judgments and do them: I am the Lord.

[32] Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the
old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.
[33] And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
[34] But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born
among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the
land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
[35] Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or
in measure.
[36] Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye
have: I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
[37] Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and
do them: I am the LORD.

Everything felt drastically different in their new country-new language,
schools, customs, traffic, and weather. They wondered how they would ever
adjust. People from a nearby church gathered around them to help them in their
new life in a new land. Patti took the couple shopping at a local food market
to show them what's available and how to purchase items. As they wandered
around the market, their eyes widened and they smiled broadly when they saw
their favorite fruit from their homeland—pomegranates. They bought one for
each of their children and even placed one in Patti's hands in gratefulness.
The small fruit and new friends brought big comfort in their strange,
new land.

God, through Moses, gave a list of laws for His people, which included
a command to treat foreigners among them "as your native-born"
(Leviticus 19:34). "Love them as yourself," God further commanded. Jesus
called this the second greatest commandment after loving God (Matthew 22:39).
For even God "watches over the foreigner" (Psalm 146:9).

Besides obeying God as we help new friends adapt to life in our country, we
may be reminded that we too in a real sense are "strangers on earth"
(Hebrews 11:13). And we'll grow in our anticipation of the new heavenly
land to come.

By: Anne Cetas

Reflect & Pray

Who might God want you to look after?
In what ways has He gifted you to spread His love to others?

Compassionate God, I understand a little
what it feels like to be a stranger in this world.
Lead me to be an encourager of other foreigners and strangers.

For further study, read
<A href="https://discoveryseries.org/courses/walk-with-me-travelling-with-jesus-and-others-on-lifes-road/">
Walk with Me: Travelling with Jesus and Others on Life’s Road.</a>

3) Daily verses taken from Billy Graham Evangelical Organisation

Words in Season Scripture Memory Tools

Week 8 Guided by Grace Day 6 - Through The Fire

Is 43:2

2 (Ps 66:12; Da 3:25-27) When you pass through waters,
I will be with you. And through the rivers,they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
nor shall the flame kindle on you.

2 When thou passest through the waters,
I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:
when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned;
neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

In the Book of Daniel, 3 young men provide one of the world's best-known
Bible stories. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, three of the finest young
men of Israel, were taken into capitivity to Babylon. There King
Nebuchadnezzar, filled with his own importance, commanded that
everyone bow down and worship his image.
When Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused to worship anyone
except the One True god, they were cast into Nebuchadnezzar's
furnace of fire.
Is 43:2 brings their experience into focus for us. There the Lord says,
"When you pass through the fire ... when you walk through the water ..."
Not if, but when. If we are committed to serving and honouring the Lord,
at some point we will be faced with "passing through the fire" for hm.
We may not face a physical furnace, but we may face the fires of
persecution, anger, hostility or suffering. And God says:
"I will be with you."
When the three young Israelites stepped into the king's furnace, all
the people looked and saw, not three, but four men in the fire, their
bonds burned away, walking freely among the flames. They did not
escape the fate decreed for them. But the Lord was with them in
the fire, as surely as he has promised to be with us in the flood
and the fire, as surely as he has promised to be with us in the
flood and fire tht life brings to us. The promise of god remains:
"I will be with you; the waters will not overflow, nor will the
flames burn you."

Application

a) What kinds of "fires" and "Floods" have I experienced?

b) How was I aware of the Lord's presence with me?

4) From Prosperity Promises - Kenneth Copeland

Malachi 3:10-12

10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in
My house, and test Me now in this, says the Lord of Hosts, if I will not
open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing,
that there will not be room enough to receive it.
11 I will rebuke the devourer
for your sakes, so that it will not destroy the fruit of your ground,
and the vines in your field will not fail to bear fruit,
says the Lord of Hosts.
12 Then all the nations will call you blessed, for you will be
a delightful land, says the Lord of Hosts.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in
mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not
open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall
not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy
the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit
before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be
a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

5) From a Book called God's Promises for you:

When you are Worried Over Money

Matt 6:19-21

Treasures in Heaven

Lk 12:33-34

19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth
and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.
20 But store up
for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroy
and where thieves do not break in nor steal,
21 for where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also.

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth
and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth
nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Remember God's promises when You pray

The Lord's prayer

Matthew 6:9-13

9 "Therefore pray in this manner:
Our Father who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
10 (Mt 3:2; 4:17) Your kingdom come;
Your will be done
on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 (Pr 30:8; Isa 33:16) Give us this day our daily bread.
12 (Ex 34:7; Ps 32:1) And forgive us our debts,
as we forgive our debtors.
13 (1Co 10:13; Jn 17:15) And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

6) This come from Praying for Muslims in Canada 2015 (Is there a 2021 edition?)

Alberta

Quick facts on Muslims in Alberta

Alberta 2015 population 4121700

est Muslim Population 195240

CNMM Networks: Calgary and Edmonton

It is estimated that Calgary has 82000 Muslims and Edmonton another 50000 .
Alberta may have a total as high as 195240 today.
Calgary is notable as the first Canadian city with a Muslim mayor. It's
become a prominent place of Islamic fundamentalism.
Edmonton's Muslim population is very diverse, with the largest group
coming from Tanzania, followed by Somalia, and then North African countries
such as Egypt, Morocco, etc.
Muslims are coming to faith in Jesus! They overcome huge spiritual,
emotional and cultural hurdles to follow Christ. Yet their challenges still
continue, especially in growing in discipleship. They often fell lost in our
Western congregations, and equally lost trying to find a church body with whom
they can identify. some are even being lured into Christian cult groups.

Please join us in praying for:
- The church to reach out to the growing Muslim populations in Alberta.
- for Canadian churches to start contextualised discipleship ministries to
Muslim-background believers.
- for Muslm-background believers to be well grounded spiritually and socially
in their faith and the Church.
- and for Muslim-background believers to share their faith with their
not-yet-believing family and friendship networks.
- for Farsi and Arabic fellowships to grow in spiritual maturity and outreach.
- for current and new workers among Muslims in these growing Muslim
in these growing Muslim population centres.

Adding further

30 days of prayer for the Muslim World 24 April to 23 May 2020

Under the Keep Praying page

When the new moon is sighted it marks the beginning of t he new Islamic month
and Eid al-Fitr, the "Festival of Breaking the Fast", will start! After 30 days
of fasting, the Eid celebration at the end of Ramadan is a joyful time that
usually lasts about 3 days. Muslims will buy new clothes, exchange gifts and,
of course, enjoy special foods. In Muslim-majority nations, the streets may be
decorated and festivals will be held.

For many Muslims, Eid-al-Fitr begins with communal prayers at daybreak and the
distribution of money (zakat) to the poor, which is one of the 5 pillars of
Islam.

You can greet Muslim friends during this time by saying "Eid Mubarak",
which means Blessed Eid!"

Ramadan is over for this year, but you can continue to pray for Muslims you
know, and Muslims around the world:

- Despite the unsettling developments in our world today that involve actions
in the name of Islam, there is at the same time a largely untold story about
unprecedented movement to Christ among Muslims. There have been more such
movements of thousands or more new disciples among Muslims in the last three
decades or so than in all the previous history of Christian Muslim
relationships! Pray for this momentum to continue.
Acts 2:12-17 : 17 "In the last days it shall be," says God,
"that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.
18 Even on My menservants and maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in heaven above and signs on the earth below:
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke. 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
and the moon into blood, before that great and glorious day of the Lord comes.
21 And whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."[a]

Footnotes
Acts 2:21 Joel 2:28-32.
- Pray for Christian workers an organisations focused on seeing effective
discipleship movements among Muslim people.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to continue to inspire you to have god's heart for
Muslims, to see them as He does, and to be the light that then to Jesus.
Matthew 5:14-15 : 14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a
hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do men light a candle and put it under
a basket, but on a candlestick. And it gives light to all who are in the
house."

Ideas for prayer

- Pray for opportunities to show the love of Christ to Muslims around you
- Pray for, and offer generous hospitality to, those you know who are serving
Christ among Muslim people -
Romans 12:13 "contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."
- When you gather with fellow believers, remember to pray for Muslims
throughout the year and encourage them to also participate in 30 Days!

My paternal side is of Muslim heritage and will offer this section to further
call for Muslim converts to Christian and any other converts to Christianity
(Hindus, Jews, aboriginals Canadian, ...) .

7) Prayers for the nation (Canada) coming from Prayer map of Canada

http://www.ehc.ca

3nd Day of the Month

a) Pray for the province of Alberta as follows:
I) Pray for the leaders of Alberta, that God's Spirit would influence then to
act justly, serve with integrity and honour high moral standards. (
1 Tim 2:1-4
1 Therefore I exhort first of all that you make supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings for everyone,
2 (Ezr 6:10) for kings and for all who are in authority,
that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty,
3 (1Ti 1:1; Lk 1:47) for this is good and acceptable in
the sight of God our Savior,
4 (Eze 18:23; 18:32)who desires all men to be saved and to come
to the knowledge of the truth.

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 for kings, and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 who will have all men to be saved,
and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

II) Pray for the churches of the province, that they would be lighthouses
beaming forth the illuminating truth of God's Word.
III) Pray that the Lord would use the Finding the Hope Campaign
and booklet to turn many hearts to Jesus

b) Pray for the Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin
and Canadian to faith in Christ.
( John 16:8 - When He comes, He will convict the world of sin
and of righteousness and of judgment:

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin,
and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Matthew 9:36 - But when He saw the crowds, He was moved with
compassion for them, because they fainted and were scattered,
like sheep without a shepherd

36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with
compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered
abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. )

Conclusion:

Pray to the Lord and
Pray to seek the Lord's will in impossible circumstances.

Pray to the Lord
"Compassionate God, I understand a little
what it feels like to be a stranger in this world.
Lead me to be an encourager of other foreigners and strangers."

Pray to the Lord and pray to know He will look after you even in
difficult times.

Pray to the Lord and pray to give your first fruits.

Pray to the Lord and pray to store treasure in Heaven.

Please join us in praying for:
- The church to reach out to the growing Muslim populations in Alberta.
- for Canadian churches to start contextualised discipleship ministries to
Muslim-background believers.
- for Muslm-background believers to be well grounded spiritually and socially
in their faith and the Church.
- and for Muslim-background believers to share their faith with their
not-yet-believing family and friendship networks.
- for Farsi and Arabic fellowships to grow in spiritual maturity and outreach.
- for current and new workers among Muslims in these growing Muslim
in these growing Muslim population centres.

Pray for the Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin
and the World to faith in Christ.

Pray for the spiritual growth of children in Pakistan who are learning about
God and His ways through Sunday School.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca
We do not possess the power to invent a system which corruption cannot turn against us. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com