cats and salt and vinegar crisps

Simon R. Hughes

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

Emilio Carmine wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows of a Cat that likes Salt and Vinegar Crisps????
> --I once owned a cat which ate almost anything: crisps (including S&V),
curry, potatoes, chilli, etc. It also drank cointreaux and various other
beverages.

The cat is of course dead.
From the digits of: Simon R. Hughes
shu...@sn.no
Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!
ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº

David Oxton

Feb 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/8/97

On Tue, 04 Feb 1997 01:27:42 +0100, "Simon R. Hughes" <shu...@sn.no>
wrote:

>Emilio Carmine wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knows of a Cat that likes Salt and Vinegar Crisps????
>> --I once owned a cat which ate almost anything: crisps (including S&V),
>curry, potatoes, chilli, etc. It also drank cointreaux and various other
>beverages.
>
>The cat is of course dead.
>--

Can't help here but I do have a dog that comes to the pub with me and
goes around intimidating other customers into parting with their
chrisps in his general direction. I don't think he has any preference
on flavour, he seems to eat them all.

Dave
-------------------
da...@oxtonplc.demon.co.uk

David Oxton
-------------------------------
da...@oxtonplc.demon.co.uk
http://www.oxtonplc.demon.co.uk

Elvis Presley

Feb 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/8/97

In article <32fd2e95...@news.demon.co.uk>, David Oxton
<da...@oxtonplc.demon.co.uk> writes

>On Tue, 04 Feb 1997 01:27:42 +0100, "Simon R. Hughes" <shu...@sn.no>
>wrote:
>
>>Emilio Carmine wrote:
>>>
>>> I was wondering if anyone knows of a Cat that likes Salt and Vinegar
>Crisps????
>>> --I once owned a cat which ate almost anything: crisps (including S&V),
>>curry, potatoes, chilli, etc. It also drank cointreaux and various other
>>beverages.
>>
>>The cat is of course dead.
>>--
>
>Can't help here but I do have a dog that comes to the pub with me and
>goes around intimidating other customers into parting with their
>chrisps in his general direction. I don't think he has any preference
>on flavour, he seems to eat them all.

My sausage dog <http://www.presley.demon.co.uk/brett.jpg> used to like
red wine, but he once over indulged and became roaring drunk, followd by
a projectile vomitting session and hangover. Hasn't touched a drop
since.

He doesn't like salt'n'vinegar either, although he does like plain
crisps. He's OK apart from that though.
--
The King <el...@presley.demon.co.uk>
Moped Racer Online Magazine.

Carol Kimmerle

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

Simon R. Hughes wrote:

> Emilio Carmine wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone knows of a Cat that likes Salt and Vinegar Crisps????
> > --I once owned a cat which ate almost anything: crisps (including S&V),
> curry, potatoes, chilli, etc. It also drank cointreaux and various other
> beverages.
>
> The cat is of course dead.
> --
> From the digits of: Simon R. Hughes
> shu...@sn.no
> Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!
> ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº

It is a sad, sad time that one can walk up to a poor, defenseless cat
and feed it odd and assorted kinds of food (including salt & vinegar
crisps) at will. This just goes to show how corrupt society has become.

Elvis Presley

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

In article <3310D2...@worldnet.att.net>, Carol Kimmerle
<CKi...@worldnet.att.net> writes

Would you gardeners please keep this rubbish about cats off *our* S&V
NG?

--
The King <el...@presley.demon.co.uk>
Moped Racer Online Magazine.
Moped Mayhem Results Service, and comprehensive moped racing news
and info pages.

<http://www.presley.demon.co.uk>Last update:17.02.97

Justin

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

In article <55avcKAK...@presley.demon.co.uk>, Elvis Presley
<el...@presley.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <3310D2...@worldnet.att.net>, Carol Kimmerle
><CKi...@worldnet.att.net> writes
>>Simon R. Hughes wrote:

>>Crisps????
>>> curry, potatoes, chilli, etc. It also drank cointreaux and various other
>>> beverages.
>>>
>>> The cat is of course dead.
>>> --
>>> From the digits of: Simon R. Hughes
>>> shu...@sn.no
>>> Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!
>>> ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
>>
>>It is a sad, sad time that one can walk up to a poor, defenseless cat
>>and feed it odd and assorted kinds of food (including salt & vinegar
>>crisps) at will. This just goes to show how corrupt society has become.
>
>Would you gardeners please keep this rubbish about cats off *our* S&V
>NG?

Well, I've snipped UK.REC.SHEDS from the header 'cos I don't want
it....mind you, you never know when something like this might come in
handy..... I'll stick the NG back in then, when I receive this peice of
news, I'll 'file' it with all the lqt, *behind* the shed.

Why did I reply to this? Ah.. next door's cat, well, one of them, sort
of likes salt and vinegar crisps, she licks the salt off the crisp and
then leaves it. Thats *almost* liking Salt and vinegar isn't it?
--
The New Minimalist sig. || justin@ ||
|| j-catter || Improbability factor 1:1
Spam defeating address in header. || .demon ||
Use the address in this sig. to reply. || .co || We have normality.
|| .uk ||

Elvis Presley

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

In article <+0CvqZAe...@j-catter.demon.co.uk>, Justin <justinc@boun
ceback.to.spammers.com> writes

>Why did I reply to this? Ah.. next door's cat, well, one of them, sort
>of likes salt and vinegar crisps, she licks the salt off the crisp and
>then leaves it. Thats *almost* liking Salt and vinegar isn't it?

The cat possibly likes the S&V but hates spuds?

Simon R. Hughes

Feb 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/26/97

Duck Dodgers wrote:

> Nope......freedom at work. The cat chose to inhale. Salt-n-Vinegar
> crisps don't kill cats....cats and owners kill cats!

Well, actually the cat died of old age - by way of a heart attack after
a long illness. He hadn't eaten any crisps for a LONG time.
--
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• · Address changed to prevent
From the digits of: Simon R. Hughes · unsolicited spamming.

savv...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2016, 11:23:23 AM9/8/16
My cat just ate a salt and vinegar crisp and i wanted to google if it was safe or not but I found this instead.

torie...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2016, 6:32:50 PM11/10/16
Literally same haha

rowing...@googlemail.com

Apr 30, 2018, 5:15:53 PM4/30/18
I have a cat that insists on a few crisps when I'm eating them. All flavours, s&v , prawn cocktail, ready salted, cheese & onion, he's fine, over ten.

vdot...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2019, 7:55:45 PM4/24/19
My cat diana ; loves miss vickies salt and vinegar chips. I googled ” why do cats like salt and vinegar chips?” and found this thread .
I'm sure it won't hurt her, but she legit ate the potato chip and didn't just lick it. It's been happening for a while now. Kinda cute. Must like the smell.
Btw ; My other cat loves the smell of bleach, and will roll around in it or lay on it while cleaning herself on a bleach cleaned floor. Only bleach. no mister clean. No vinegar and dawn soap w/water.

Anyways this thread is also from 1996! Neato! Bye for now

noodlea...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2020, 6:58:32 AM6/3/20
On Tuesday, February 4, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Simon R. Hughes wrote:
> Emilio Carmine wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone knows of a Cat that likes Salt and Vinegar Crisps????
> > --I once owned a cat which ate almost anything: crisps (including S&V),
> curry, potatoes, chilli, etc. It also drank cointreaux and various other
> beverages.
>
> The cat is of course dead.
> --
> From the digits of: Simon R. Hughes
> shu...@sn.no
> Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!
> ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº

me too sis

mayalp...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2020, 11:25:00 PM7/23/20
so I was sitting on my bed and my cat jumped up stuffed her face in my salt and vinegar chips bag then pulled a chip out and started licking it.. I was in shock lol so I googled what it meant and it brought me here.. lol so hey everyone my cat likes them too