THE GREAT MASK MYTH... UNMASKED

Checkmate

May 28, 2020, 4:54:44 PM5/28/20

?Masks Are Symbolic,? say Dr Fauci and The New England Journal of Medicine
By Jim Hoft
Published May 28, 2020 at 12:13pm

In the past week, Dr. Anthony Fauci and the New England Journal of
Medicine have admitted that masks are little more than symbols. Virtue
signaling.

For those of you who shout ?science? like it?s a Tourette tick, this is
from the New England Journal of Medicine on May 21, 2020:

We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little,
if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a
significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet
with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a
few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The
chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space
is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is
a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

So, why are we ordered to wear masks? Symbolism. From the same article in
NEJM:

It is also clear that masks serve symbolic roles. Masks are not only
tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care
workers? perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their
hospitals.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2020

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller
Inventor of the "SPANKY-SPANKY! (tm)
and the "Dance for me" lame.

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Sn!pe

May 28, 2020, 5:10:37 PM5/28/20
Checkmate <More.Bul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ?Masks Are Symbolic,? say Dr Fauci and The New England Journal of Medicine
> By Jim Hoft
> Published May 28, 2020 at 12:13pm
>

> In the past week, Dr. Anthony Fauci and the New England Journal of
> Medicine have admitted that masks are little more than symbols. Virtue
> signaling.
>
> For those of you who shout ?science? like it?s a Tourette tick, this is
> from the New England Journal of Medicine on May 21, 2020:
>
> We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little,
> if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a
> significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet
> with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a
> few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The
> chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space
> is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is
> a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.
>

> So, why are we ordered to wear masks? Symbolism. From the same article in
> NEJM:
>
> It is also clear that masks serve symbolic roles. Masks are not only
> tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care
> workers? perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their
> hospitals.

There you go. I just said ~exactly~ the same to Mrs S.
not three hours ago, and yours is the first report I've seen.
Obvious, innit.

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

%

May 28, 2020, 5:26:31 PM5/28/20
chuck it all in the drink

%

May 28, 2020, 5:40:52 PM5/28/20
On 2020-05-28 2:34 p.m., Skeeter wrote:
> Masks are a fashion statement now, nothing more.

i think they should have stuff printed on them , Fk You

%

May 28, 2020, 5:45:33 PM5/28/20
On 2020-05-28 2:43 p.m., Skeeter wrote:
> I have seen a bunch of funny ones.

i never see any here

The Right And The Powerful

May 28, 2020, 7:08:45 PM5/28/20
I bought a bunch of masks and took them to work for my buddies and as
soon as one got his he drew a stupid face on it. I said it wasn't
much of a disguise. I'm not giving him another one.

Checkmate

May 28, 2020, 8:09:01 PM5/28/20
Checkmate.

On Thu, 28 May 2020 22:10:36 +0100 Sn!pe put forth the following
notion, which was duly noted and recorded:
It's fear and herd mentality. People have been chased out of stores for
not wearing a mask, and half the women I've seen in public just draped a
scarf in front of their mouth, which does nothing. I guess that's more
"fashionable". People are dumm. This is becoming another way to instill
fear in people in an effort to keep the economy shut down. In the US, the
Libtards are scared shitless that the economy might just recover right
before the elections, making it harder to cheat Trump out of his well-
deserved second term. Biden winning against ANYBODY, is prima facie proof
of cheating IMO.

Checkmate

May 28, 2020, 8:10:12 PM5/28/20
Checkmate.

On Thu, 28 May 2020 15:43:48 -0600 Skeeter put forth the following
notion, which was duly noted and recorded:

> On Thu, 28 May 2020 14:40:52 -0700, % <per...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have seen a bunch of funny ones.

I haven't seen any funny enough to make me LOL.

mixed nuts

May 28, 2020, 8:44:49 PM5/28/20
On 5/28/2020 4:54 PM, Checkmate wrote:

> ?Masks Are Symbolic,? say Dr Fauci and The New England Journal of Medicine
> By Jim Hoft
> Published May 28, 2020 at 12:13pm
>

> In the past week, Dr. Anthony Fauci and the New England Journal of
> Medicine have admitted that masks are little more than symbols. Virtue
> signaling.
>
> For those of you who shout ?science? like it?s a Tourette tick, this is
> from the New England Journal of Medicine on May 21, 2020:
>
> We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little,
> if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a
> significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet
> with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a
> few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The
> chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space
> is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is
> a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.
>

> So, why are we ordered to wear masks? Symbolism. From the same article in
> NEJM:
>
> It is also clear that masks serve symbolic roles. Masks are not only
> tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care
> workers? perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their
> hospitals.
Here's the article:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Note, please, that, contrary to your bullshit assertion, Dr. Fauci is
not on the author list, nor has he cited the article in any formal
publication. Note also, as I have pointed out several times, that masks
modify the hydrodynamics of a cough or a sneeze such that ejected snot
and such do not travel 10 meters or more in a few seconds to spatter
everything in the area.

Also note that the expression "some say" doesn't rise to any level of
scientifically useful information.

--
Grizzly H.

mixed nuts

May 28, 2020, 8:49:41 PM5/28/20
Maybe you should copyright that, and trademark it, and apply for a
patent, and recommend yourself for the 2020 Noble Prize for Natural
Ability in Medical, even though you are neither a doctor nor a scientist.

--
Grizzly H.

%

May 28, 2020, 9:33:05 PM5/28/20
didn't everybody at the fancy ball dances wear masks ,
some had to be held to the face with a little stick of wood dowel

Checkmate

May 28, 2020, 10:35:37 PM5/28/20
Checkmate.

On Thu, 28 May 2020 20:44:34 -0400 mixed nuts put forth the following
notion, which was duly noted and recorded:

Poof KooKie?

Checkmate

May 28, 2020, 10:36:57 PM5/28/20
Checkmate.

On Thu, 28 May 2020 20:49:27 -0400 mixed nuts put forth the following
notion, which was duly noted and recorded:

What are YOUR credentials, Wise-ass?

%

May 28, 2020, 10:42:44 PM5/28/20
trump passed an executive order that no one has to prove anything on the
internet

Sn!pe

May 29, 2020, 5:08:36 AM5/29/20
Checkmate <More.Bul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> mixed nuts put forth the following
> notion, which was duly noted and recorded:
> > On 5/28/2020 5:10 PM, Sn!pe wrote:
> > > Checkmate <More.Bul...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> > > There you go. I just said ~exactly~ the same to Mrs S.
> > > not three hours ago, and yours is the first report I've seen.
> > > Obvious, innit.
> >
> > Maybe you should copyright that, and trademark it, and apply for a
> > patent, and recommend yourself for the 2020 Noble Prize for Natural
> > Ability in Medical, even though you are neither a doctor nor a scientist.
>
> What are YOUR credentials, Wise-ass?

Nixed Mutt graduated PhD summa cum laude in Modern English
Sarcasm from the University of Podunk. He has a another
degree in Self Aggrandizement from one of those Ivy League
joints, I forget which one, and a further one in Incontrovertible
Refutation. He's an Intelleckshul Powerhouse.

Didn't you know that? I'm surprised he hasn't already told you.

Checkmate

May 29, 2020, 10:57:06 PM5/29/20
Checkmate.

On Fri, 29 May 2020 10:08:35 +0100 Sn!pe put forth the following
I guess he's just modest about it, or maybe feels we aren't worthy. The
Nadsington brags about HIS pretend degree all the time. It's just so hard
to know who you can trust these days... especially with Libtards.