FINALLY, I get a break!

Checkmate

Jan 10, 2018, 3:12:52 AM1/10/18

No panels to punch for tomorrow... guess I can work on my remodeling
project... or do the brakes on my van. Whoopie...

--
Checkmate
Copyright © 2018

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

pandora

Jan 10, 2018, 11:42:15 AM1/10/18
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 00:12:50 -0800, Checkmate wrote:

> No panels to punch for tomorrow... guess I can work on my remodeling
> project... or do the brakes on my van. Whoopie...

Do your own stuff for a change. Have fun.

Checkmate

Jan 10, 2018, 4:24:32 PM1/10/18
Checkmate! In article <Z7idncoVQ6H_38vHnZ2dnUU7-
d2d...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...
Too worn out today, my back's hurting a lot, and I remembered I have a
doctor's appointment this afternoon anyway. He's not Doctor Feelgood,
though. He's just the guy I get my run-of-the-mill meds from. I have to
see him at least once a year to keep my prescriptions for the lightweight
stuff.

I'm pretty sure that this is the year I retire. I've been checking
things out, and I should be able to do it and be okay. I think, NOT
doing it is more detrimental to me than losing the extra dollars I'd make
beating myself up for another year or two. You can't put a price on your
health.

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Jan 10, 2018, 4:41:24 PM1/10/18
OMG! You REALLY need to invite him up for dinner.

--

Yours Truly,
Gregory "...leap tall buildings in a single bound!" Hall

Checkmate

Jan 10, 2018, 4:55:26 PM1/10/18
Checkmate! In article <1ovc5d5r2j1v4rjfn...@4ax.com>,
greghall@yacht_maester.fake says...

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:42:10 -0600, pandora <pan...@peak.org> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 00:12:50 -0800, Checkmate wrote:
> >
> >> No panels to punch for tomorrow... guess I can work on my remodeling
> >> project... or do the brakes on my van. Whoopie...
> >
> >Do your own stuff for a change. Have fun.
>
> OMG! You REALLY need to invite him up for dinner.

If I do end up retiring, I would definitely visit Pandora, if she thinks
she could tolerate me.

pandora

Jan 10, 2018, 6:19:14 PM1/10/18
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:24:29 -0800, Checkmate wrote:

> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <Z7idncoVQ6H_38vHnZ2dnUU7-
> d2d...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...
>

>> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 00:12:50 -0800, Checkmate wrote:
>>
>> > No panels to punch for tomorrow... guess I can work on my remodeling
>> > project... or do the brakes on my van. Whoopie...
>>
>> Do your own stuff for a change. Have fun.
>
> Too worn out today, my back's hurting a lot, and I remembered I have a
> doctor's appointment this afternoon anyway. He's not Doctor Feelgood,
> though. He's just the guy I get my run-of-the-mill meds from. I have
> to see him at least once a year to keep my prescriptions for the
> lightweight stuff.

Sorry to hear your back is bad.

> I'm pretty sure that this is the year I retire. I've been checking
> things out, and I should be able to do it and be okay. I think, NOT
> doing it is more detrimental to me than losing the extra dollars I'd
> make beating myself up for another year or two. You can't put a price
> on your health.

Correct, you can't. I think it's worth it to NOT have to work so hard
especially if you think you can afford to stop working.

pandora

Jan 10, 2018, 6:25:54 PM1/10/18
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:55:24 -0800, Checkmate wrote:

> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <1ovc5d5r2j1v4rjfn...@4ax.com>,
> greghall@yacht_maester.fake says...

>> >Do your own stuff for a change. Have fun.
>>
>> OMG! You REALLY need to invite him up for dinner.
>
> If I do end up retiring, I would definitely visit Pandora, if she thinks
> she could tolerate me.

I think that could be arranged.

Checkmate

Jan 10, 2018, 10:00:06 PM1/10/18
Checkmate! In article <Q5mdnTDras7wAsvHnZ2dnUU7-
XOd...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:24:29 -0800, Checkmate wrote:
>
> > Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> > Checkmate! In article <Z7idncoVQ6H_38vHnZ2dnUU7-
> > d2d...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...

> >> Do your own stuff for a change. Have fun.
> >
> > Too worn out today, my back's hurting a lot, and I remembered I have a
> > doctor's appointment this afternoon anyway. He's not Doctor Feelgood,
> > though. He's just the guy I get my run-of-the-mill meds from. I have
> > to see him at least once a year to keep my prescriptions for the
> > lightweight stuff.
>
> Sorry to hear your back is bad.

I really don't know why it's been so bad these last few days. I don't
think I'm doing anything different, but some times it just flares up for
no specific reason. On days like that, I have enough meds to make it
bearable, but I have to take it easy. More sleep helps. I might have
another easy day tomorrow, and that's just fine with me.

> > I'm pretty sure that this is the year I retire. I've been checking
> > things out, and I should be able to do it and be okay. I think, NOT
> > doing it is more detrimental to me than losing the extra dollars I'd
> > make beating myself up for another year or two. You can't put a price
> > on your health.
>
> Correct, you can't. I think it's worth it to NOT have to work so hard
> especially if you think you can afford to stop working.

I've had some success selling panel-punching components, and haven't even
pushed that yet. That would simply involve buying stuff by the case, as
I already do, and breaking it up into smaller quantities. No real work
on my part other than repackaging stuff and sending it out. What I'm
doing now is to labor-intensive.

Checkmate

Jan 10, 2018, 10:01:16 PM1/10/18
Checkmate! In article <Q5mdnTPras5gPcvHnZ2dnUU7-
XOd...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...
You won't be disappointed if I don't act like a complete asshole?

mixed nuts

Jan 10, 2018, 10:45:26 PM1/10/18
You could become the next McMaster!

--
Grizzly H.

pandora

Jan 11, 2018, 1:17:45 AM1/11/18
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:00:04 -0800, Checkmate wrote:

> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <Q5mdnTDras7wAsvHnZ2dnUU7-
> XOd...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...
>

>> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:24:29 -0800, Checkmate wrote:
>>
>> > Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
>> > by Checkmate! In article <Z7idncoVQ6H_38vHnZ2dnUU7-
>> > d2d...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...

>> > Too worn out today, my back's hurting a lot, and I remembered I have
>> > a doctor's appointment this afternoon anyway. He's not Doctor
>> > Feelgood, though. He's just the guy I get my run-of-the-mill meds
>> > from. I have to see him at least once a year to keep my
>> > prescriptions for the lightweight stuff.
>>
>> Sorry to hear your back is bad.
>
> I really don't know why it's been so bad these last few days. I don't
> think I'm doing anything different, but some times it just flares up for
> no specific reason. On days like that, I have enough meds to make it
> bearable, but I have to take it easy. More sleep helps. I might have
> another easy day tomorrow, and that's just fine with me.

I know what you speak of. My back does that to me now and then for no
reason that I am aware of. I use an ice pack and aspirin and it usually
gets better in a few days.

>> > I'm pretty sure that this is the year I retire. I've been checking
>> > things out, and I should be able to do it and be okay. I think, NOT
>> > doing it is more detrimental to me than losing the extra dollars I'd
>> > make beating myself up for another year or two. You can't put a
>> > price on your health.
>>
>> Correct, you can't. I think it's worth it to NOT have to work so hard
>> especially if you think you can afford to stop working.
>
> I've had some success selling panel-punching components, and haven't
> even pushed that yet. That would simply involve buying stuff by the
> case, as I already do, and breaking it up into smaller quantities. No
> real work on my part other than repackaging stuff and sending it out.
> What I'm doing now is to labor-intensive.

It certainly sounds like it. It's good, IMO, to have *something* to do
after retiring. Doing nothing (like gweggles) can make one go nuts.

pandora

Jan 11, 2018, 1:18:54 AM1/11/18
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:01:14 -0800, Checkmate wrote:

> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <Q5mdnTPras5gPcvHnZ2dnUU7-
> XOd...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...
>

>> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:55:24 -0800, Checkmate wrote:
>>
>> > Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
>> > by Checkmate! In article
>> > <1ovc5d5r2j1v4rjfn...@4ax.com>,
>> > greghall@yacht_maester.fake says...

>> > If I do end up retiring, I would definitely visit Pandora, if she
>> > thinks she could tolerate me.
>>
>> I think that could be arranged.
>
> You won't be disappointed if I don't act like a complete asshole?

I'd be pleased.

Checkmate

Jan 11, 2018, 1:22:01 AM1/11/18
Checkmate! In article <p36mkj$4s8$2...@gioia.aioe.org>,
melops...@undulatus.budgie says...
The logistics of that would be a nightmare.

Checkmate

Jan 11, 2018, 2:04:05 AM1/11/18
Checkmate! In article <nbmdnbd1XcAenMrHnZ2dnUU7-
c2d...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...
In Greg's defense, I think he already was nuts.

Checkmate

Jan 11, 2018, 2:06:05 AM1/11/18
Checkmate! In article <nbmdnbZ1XcBUnMrHnZ2dnUU7-
c2d...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...
But what about my "bad boy" image? You won't tell anyone, will you?

rachel

Jan 11, 2018, 2:07:31 AM1/11/18
What about Ms. Kitty? Saving the best for last?

Time is running away...

mixed nuts

Jan 11, 2018, 5:50:20 AM1/11/18
Not if you hire some US educated MBA immigrants who need a sponsor for
their green cards so they can stay here in the land of opportunity.
They can hire some out of work American scientists and engineers who are
between a rock and a hard place with student debt to work for minimum
wage and then you'll make millions.

--
Grizzly H.

kensi

Jan 11, 2018, 8:57:01 AM1/11/18
On 1/11/2018 1:17 AM, pandora wrote:

> It certainly sounds like it. It's good, IMO, to have *something* to do
> after retiring. Doing nothing (like gweggles) can make one go nuts.

(Like gweggles.)

*snicker*

in here." ~Checkmate

%

Jan 11, 2018, 9:04:45 AM1/11/18
On 2018-01-11 6:56 AM, kensi wrote:
> On 1/11/2018 1:17 AM, pandora wrote:
>
>> It certainly sounds like it.  It's good, IMO, to have *something* to do
>> after retiring.  Doing nothing (like gweggles) can make one go nuts.
>
> (Like gweggles.)
>
> *snicker*

http://memecrunch.com/meme/74BMD/do-you-need-a-snickers-and-some-midol/image.jpg

Checkmate

Jan 11, 2018, 9:23:47 AM1/11/18
Checkmate! In article <p37qfb$1og8$2...@gioia.aioe.org>, kkensington01
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...

> (Like gweggles.)
>
> *snicker*

He'll be pleased to hear that.

Checkmate

Jan 11, 2018, 9:27:57 AM1/11/18
Checkmate! In article <p37fha$16ud$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
melops...@undulatus.budgie says...
Wouldn't work. I have micro-managing tendencies, and I can't be
everywhere.

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Jan 11, 2018, 10:56:11 AM1/11/18
I think I'm gonna be sick.

mixed nuts

Jan 11, 2018, 12:25:13 PM1/11/18
Get a fine watercraft and rewire it and fix the fridge and rebuild the
motor and rub down the fine teak woodwork with tung oil and polish the
metalwork and post stuff you done on the youtubes and all that kinda stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTFI32S7Cc

Sometimes you just gotta retire, donchaknow.

--
Grizzly H.

%

Jan 11, 2018, 12:31:28 PM1/11/18
am i invisible to you too

pandora

Jan 11, 2018, 12:39:13 PM1/11/18
Of course not! It will be *our* little secret.

mixed nuts

Jan 11, 2018, 1:27:51 PM1/11/18
Sometimes I don't see your posts until somebody answers you but there
doesn't seem to be a pattern like if you were a spammer.

--
Grizzly H.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Jan 11, 2018, 1:29:22 PM1/11/18
On 1/10/2018 1:24 PM, Checkmate wrote:
> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <Z7idncoVQ6H_38vHnZ2dnUU7-
> d2d...@scnresearch.com>, pan...@peak.org says...
>

>> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 00:12:50 -0800, Checkmate wrote:
>>
>>> No panels to punch for tomorrow... guess I can work on my remodeling
>>> project... or do the brakes on my van. Whoopie...
>>
>> Do your own stuff for a change. Have fun.
>
> Too worn out today, my back's hurting a lot, and I remembered I have a
> doctor's appointment this afternoon anyway. He's not Doctor Feelgood,
> though. He's just the guy I get my run-of-the-mill meds from. I have to
> see him at least once a year to keep my prescriptions for the lightweight
> stuff.
>
> I'm pretty sure that this is the year I retire. I've been checking
> things out, and I should be able to do it and be okay. I think, NOT
> doing it is more detrimental to me than losing the extra dollars I'd make
> beating myself up for another year or two. You can't put a price on your
> health.

I gave assworm a break and used butt lube on him this last time I cornholed him.
LOL

%

Jan 11, 2018, 1:34:25 PM1/11/18
i think that happens to everyone now and then

%

Jan 11, 2018, 1:35:03 PM1/11/18
you're just saying that because dolf likes me , LOL

Checkmate

Jan 11, 2018, 4:48:08 PM1/11/18
Checkmate! In article <7rid5dtkbci9d994b...@4ax.com>,
greghall@yacht_maester.fake says...

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 17:25:49 -0600, pandora <pan...@peak.org> wrote:
> >On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:55:24 -0800, Checkmate wrote:
> >> In article <1ovc5d5r2j1v4rjfn...@4ax.com>, greghall@yacht_maester.fake says...

> >> If I do end up retiring, I would definitely visit Pandora, if she thinks
> >> she could tolerate me.
> >
> >I think that could be arranged.
>
> I think I'm gonna be jellus.

Fixed your Tai Po.

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Jan 12, 2018, 11:10:42 AM1/12/18
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:48:05 -0800, Checkmate <ricks...@gmail.com> wrote:

<...>

>> I think I'm gonna be jellus.
>
>Fixed your Tai Po.

No way would I be jellus. I have warned you about her
motives. That's the extent of the help I am able to
extend you. Perhaps if you two get together you will
wise up before she takes you to the cleaner.

Checkmate

Jan 12, 2018, 8:14:44 PM1/12/18
Checkmate! In article <dcpf5dpd7ju47gcrq...@4ax.com>,
greghall@yacht_maester.fake says...

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:48:05 -0800, Checkmate <ricks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <...>
>
> >> I think I'm gonna be jellus.
> >
> >Fixed your Tai Po.
>
> No way would I be jellus. I have warned you about her
> motives. That's the extent of the help I am able to
> extend you. Perhaps if you two get together you will
> wise up before she takes you to the cleaner.

I'd bet that she has more money than me already, so I don't think either
of us is the slightest bit concerned about such matters. Remember, she
once offered to loan ME money. I declined because I never want money to
be an issue with anyone I consider a friend. I'd just like to meet her
and hang out together... maybe see the local sights or whatever. I don't
even know how you think money would ever be a part of the picture.

%

Jan 12, 2018, 8:19:52 PM1/12/18
On 2018-01-12 6:14 PM, Checkmate wrote:
> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <dcpf5dpd7ju47gcrq...@4ax.com>,
> greghall@yacht_maester.fake says...
>

>> On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:48:05 -0800, Checkmate <ricks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <...>

>>> Fixed your Tai Po.
>>
>> No way would I be jellus. I have warned you about her
>> motives. That's the extent of the help I am able to
>> extend you. Perhaps if you two get together you will
>> wise up before she takes you to the cleaner.
>
> I'd bet that she has more money than me already, so I don't think either
> of us is the slightest bit concerned about such matters. Remember, she
> once offered to loan ME money. I declined because I never want money to
> be an issue with anyone I consider a friend. I'd just like to meet her
> and hang out together... maybe see the local sights or whatever. I don't
> even know how you think money would ever be a part of the picture.

he can only hold one thought at a time ,
right now money is it until he hear's the next thing

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Jan 13, 2018, 11:44:53 AM1/13/18
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:14:41 -0800, Checkmate <ricks...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'd bet that she has more money than me already, so I don't think either
>of us is the slightest bit concerned about such matters. Remember, she
>once offered to loan ME money. I declined because I never want money to
>be an issue with anyone I consider a friend. I'd just like to meet her
>and hang out together... maybe see the local sights or whatever. I don't
>even know how you think money would ever be a part of the picture.

Have you EVER met a woman who didn't have your
money as a motive? I haven't. Women all expect
us men to pay dearly for what's between their
legs.

turkey

Jan 13, 2018, 12:18:17 PM1/13/18
On 1/13/2018 11:44 AM, Sir Gregory Hall, EsQUEER. wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:14:41 -0800, Checkmate <ricks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'd bet that she has more money than me already, so I don't think either
>> of us is the slightest bit concerned about such matters. Remember, she
>> once offered to loan ME money. I declined because I never want money to
>> be an issue with anyone I consider a friend. I'd just like to meet her
>> and hang out together... maybe see the local sights or whatever. I don't
>> even know how you think money would ever be a part of the picture.
>
> Have you EVER met a woman who didn't have your
> money as a motive? I haven't. Women all expect
> us men to pay dearly for what's between their
> legs.

Your "women" have a swinging dick between their legs, fruitcake.

Checkmate

Jan 13, 2018, 1:03:30 PM1/13/18
Checkmate! In article <jhti5d1nrb0mq8em0...@4ax.com>,
greghall@yacht_maester.fake says...

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:14:41 -0800, Checkmate <ricks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >I'd bet that she has more money than me already, so I don't think either
> >of us is the slightest bit concerned about such matters. Remember, she
> >once offered to loan ME money. I declined because I never want money to
> >be an issue with anyone I consider a friend. I'd just like to meet her
> >and hang out together... maybe see the local sights or whatever. I don't
> >even know how you think money would ever be a part of the picture.
>
> Have you EVER met a woman who didn't have your
> money as a motive? I haven't. Women all expect
> us men to pay dearly for what's between their
> legs.

Well, I ain't thinkin' that way to begin with.