Apple refuses to honor its warranty - but what CHARGER did Brazil get?

Andy Burnelli

Apr 5, 2022, 12:22:27 PM4/5/22
What charger is Brazil getting in the iPhone 11, 12, and 13?
a. Is it the _correct_ fast charger for that iPhone?
b. If so, what are the charging outputs of that _correct_ charger?
c. Is that charger also in the iPhone 12 and 13 (or just the iPhone 11)?

BACKGROUND:
Apple refused to put in writing that they'd honor the warranty of the iPhone
11 (not sure about the iPhone 12 & 13 models yet) if the charger Brazilians
used damaged the iPhone.

So Brazil forced Apple to include "a" charger in the box with the iPhone 11.

The question here is to hone that information so that we are more
knowledgeable about what Apple does and doesn't do with their charger.

Apple "professes" to care about safety but out of the other side of their
mouth Apple clearly wants Americans & Europeans to use potentially dangerous
old 120VAC/220VAC decrepit equipment of unknown origin to charge their shiny
new (and rather expensive) iPhone 11/12/13.

The question here is whether anyone knows _what_ charger comes with
1. An iPhone 11 sold in Brazil
2. An iPhone 12 sold in Brazil
3. An iPhone 13 sold in Brazil

What is the voltage/amperage ratings of that "free" charger in Brazil?

Alan

Apr 5, 2022, 12:45:40 PM4/5/22
On 2022-04-05 9:22 a.m., Andy Burnelli wrote:

A lie off the top.

> What charger is Brazil getting in the iPhone 11, 12, and 13?
> a. Is it the _correct_ fast charger for that iPhone?

Any USB charger meeting the appropriate standard is correct.

> b. If so, what are the charging outputs of that _correct_ charger?
> c. Is that charger also in the iPhone 12 and 13 (or just the iPhone 11)?
>
> BACKGROUND:
> Apple refused to put in writing that they'd honor the warranty of the
> iPhone

Unsubstantiated.